What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Stick with Schultz vs Bears OR get Dulcich (@Jags / London) OR Knox vs Packers

Should note that I have Allen and my opponent has Kittle on a bye and he needs to pick up a TE.
PPR? Standard? Not to be a #### but it's week 8 and I remind people constantly, we should have left the mistakes on the field at this point. In this case particularly, Dulcich may have a slight edge in PPR, particularly if Rypien is playing.

I honestly have no idea but I kinda like Knox here. Dulcich on a bad offense travelling seven time zones, seems like reason enough for a pass. And Schultz has disappointed, relatively all year so why not take a gamble on the guy on the second highest scoring team in the league?

Knox>Dulcich>Schultz
Apologies --first time I forgot --Standard
No worries, I hate being the thread police.

I know I do this every week, and I know you post in here a lot, which I sincerely appreciate, but I can't keep track of everyone's league configurations week-to-week.

In standard definitely Knox IMO.

ETN vs. Denver or Mostert @ Detroit? And no I can't play both. Nice problem to have I suppose...
I love what Etienne is doing but Denver still plays tough defense and it's a London game. Plus, it's hard to bench players against Detroit and Mostert has clearly emerged as the lead back in Miami.

Mostert>Etienne

Last edited:
D question.

* Indy D vs Wash -- Indy statistically is better than average in most categories. And who knows, maybe the QB switch actually improves the offense. Heinecke tends to give the ball away. That said, he can be explosive.

or

* NE D @NYJ -- Have to think NE is going to be mad as hell after Monday night. I wouldn't consider this option UNLESS Barnmore, Dugger, and Phillips are back in the lineup. This run D was tough with Barnmore maning the middle and he was inactive, then Dugger and Phillips went down. NYJ are spunky but they still try and hide Zak Wilson...and no more B. Hall.

Need upside.

Which?

Thanks

QB question. 4 pts per passing TD.

* D. Prescott vs CHI -- A little rusty in first game back. At home, but found interesting data around how CHI is a D with the lowest amount of passing volume targeting WRs. More of a run funnel. That said, the D could give Dak some opportunities/short fields. Note: Also starting T. Pollard.

or

* D. Carr @NO -- LV offense is kinda rolling right now. If Lattimore is out, NO could be missing its top 3 CBs. NOs has been torched lately. In the dome so no weather. McDaniels probably wouldn't mind keeping Jacobs rolling but this matchup is hard to resist. I'd have to grab Carr in waivers tonight.

Which?

Thanks
They both seem like pretty steady 250 & 1.5 kinda guys.

I'm a big fan of Carr and maybe, just maybe the offense is starting to find it's footing. There is plenty of skill position talent for sure and the offensive line hasn't been the disaster everyone feared. After giving up five sacks in week one they have given up seven over the last five games. He seems to be a reliable producer RoS, but I question his upside with Jacobs running so well. With a weak defense there could definitely be some shootouts, maybe this week but I really don't like to predict game scripts, but that's tough to count on.

Most of the same can be said about Dak however there are a few differences that are very tough to predict considering his limited work this season. He seems to have more consistent upside than Carr week-to-week but, the Cowboys have one of the top defenses in the league and they're calling their offensive playbook accordingly. That may change up with Dak in over Cooper but maybe not. Maybe the plan is ball control and mad defense. Dak only threw 25 passes last week against the Lions terrible defense and the Cowboys didn't deviate a bit from that even while the game was still close, which it was well into the 4th quarter. The Bears offense looks better than it had, and maybe they're coming together too but, even though I don't like predicting game scripts, it's a game of risk management and I like this Dallas defense a lot.

Carr>Dak

Looks like Carr may be getting Waller back as well. Finally back at practice.

D question.

* Indy D vs Wash -- Indy statistically is better than average in most categories. And who knows, maybe the QB switch actually improves the offense. Heinecke tends to give the ball away. That said, he can be explosive.

or

* NE D @NYJ-- Have to think NE is going to be mad as hell after Monday night. I wouldn't consider this option UNLESS Barnmore, Dugger, and Phillips are back in the lineup. This run D was tough with Barnmore maning the middle and he was inactive, then Dugger and Phillips went down. NYJ are spunky but they still try and hide Zak Wilson...and no more B. Hall.

Need upside.

Which?

Thanks

Using gambler’s fallacy logic, roll with the Pats. Wilson/Jets have played turnover free ball three straight weeks. On a more serious note, they can’t push the ball vertically and just lost their best playmaker. HC said they’ll take it slow working JRob into the offense. Love Saleh but I think this little magical mini run, doing just enough to win, comes to an end this week. That said, both defenses are more capable than the offenses they’re facing. Bet the under.

Indy has been an extremely generous offense this year, 24 sacks allowed and 14 turnovers. The last two weeks they’ve been desperately trying to get the ball out quick (inefficient short hitches to Parris Campbell & screens/swings to the RBs.) I think the offense scheme will shift a bit. I have little confidence in Sam Ehlinger but even less in the Commanders DT.

Last edited:
D question.

or

* NE D @NYJ -- Have to think NE is going to be mad as hell after Monday night. I wouldn't consider this option UNLESS Barnmore, Dugger, and Phillips are back in the lineup. This run D was tough with Barnmore maning the middle and he was inactive, then Dugger and Phillips went down. NYJ are spunky but they still try and hide Zak Wilson...and no more B. Hall.

Need upside.

Which?

Thanks
First off, defenses = random number generators so take this with a hefty grain of salt.

It's tough to count the the Jets out at this point and, in my league scoring, held the Broncos D to 6 points. Hall & Vera-Tucker missed the entire second half. Yes, on paper I like the Patriots but sometimes "mad as hell" is actually code for "we're not that good".

Indianapolis has given up fewer passing yards, fewer rushing yards and fewer points but I don't think they are some kind of a lock defense and the Washington offense is not great but, even with Heinicke it's good enough to kill any pass yard bonus, and possibly rush yard bonuses (although I'm not 100% sole on Brian Robinson yet).

When making decisions like this I generally look at big play potential and I think New England has a clear edge. New England has 21 sacks, 7 INTs & 6 fumble recoveries (34 splash plays), the Colts have 17 sacks, 3 INTs & 4 fumble recoveries (24 splash plays). Now, if Kwity Paye returns maybe that shifts the balance a little bit but I think New England is more likely to make a big play so.

NEP>IND

TE Question. PPR League.

* K. Pitts vs CAR -- We know what we have here. I have no intentions of starting him, but have to list him since I can't drop him...yet. Not sure matchup stats matter as ATL will want to run the ball no matter what.

* G. Dulcich @Jax (London) -- Looks like Wilson will be starting. Dulcich getting targeted and Wilson has always liked his TEs. Looks more like a big WR to these eyes. Matchup data says this isn't a great one, but then again, JAX has hardly faced anyone. Only TE of notice was Goedert and he went 5-72.

* T. Hill vs LV -- Dalton just announced as a starter. NO actually a plus matchup for running backs so there could be room here for Hill. This doesn't seem like a game where NO will have the luxury of positive gamescript. Last week, Hill seemed scripted out of activity when AZ got up big.

Note: I'm an underdog by about 15 points. Think I need ceiling here.

I picked up Dulcich this morning, but it's killing me to have 3 TEs on the roster. Dulcich also has his bye next week which is a bummer. Thinking if it's close between Hill/Dulcich I go with Hill, drop Dulcich, and attend to some other roster needs.

Which?

Thanks

D question.

or

Need upside.

Which?

Thanks
First off, defenses = random number generators so take this with a hefty grain of salt.

It's tough to count the the Jets out at this point and, in my league scoring, held the Broncos D to 6 points. Hall & Vera-Tucker missed the entire second half. Yes, on paper I like the Patriots but sometimes "mad as hell" is actually code for "we're not that good".

Indianapolis has given up fewer passing yards, fewer rushing yards and fewer points but I don't think they are some kind of a lock defense and the Washington offense is not great but, even with Heinicke it's good enough to kill any pass yard bonus, and possibly rush yard bonuses (although I'm not 100% sole on Brian Robinson yet).

When making decisions like this I generally look at big play potential and I think New England has a clear edge. New England has 21 sacks, 7 INTs & 6 fumble recoveries (34 splash plays), the Colts have 17 sacks, 3 INTs & 4 fumble recoveries (24 splash plays). Now, if Kwity Paye returns maybe that shifts the balance a little bit but I think New England is more likely to make a big play so.

NEP>IND

Tend to agree. Only hesitation is injuries.

Barnmore and Dugger both no practice today. Phillips, Uche, J. Jones, A. Jennings limited. That's a lot of important bodies.

Barnmore's importance to this D can't be stressed enough.

TE Question. PPR League.

* K. Pitts vs CAR -- We know what we have here. I have no intentions of starting him, but have to list him since I can't drop him...yet. Not sure matchup stats matter as ATL will want to run the ball no matter what.

* G. Dulcich @Jax (London) -- Looks like Wilson will be starting. Dulcich getting targeted and Wilson has always liked his TEs. Looks more like a big WR to these eyes. Matchup data says this isn't a great one, but then again, JAX has hardly faced anyone. Only TE of notice was Goedert and he went 5-72.

* T. Hill vs LV -- Dalton just announced as a starter. NO actually a plus matchup for running backs so there could be room here for Hill. This doesn't seem like a game where NO will have the luxury of positive gamescript. Last week, Hill seemed scripted out of activity when AZ got up big.

I picked up Dulcich this morning, but it's killing me to have 3 TEs on the roster. Dulcich also has his bye next week which is a bummer. Thinking if it's close between Hill/Dulcich I go with Hill, drop Dulcich, and attend to some other roster needs.

Which?

Thanks
More random number generators, huh?

Honestly I roll Taysom Hill under the logic that you're trying to capture his big games. He has scored in four of seven games and he has been remarkably efficient.

Dulcich in London with the possible return of Russell Wilson is tough to bank on and I have no idea what to do about Pitts ATM. I mean, how can he be so completely ignored in this offense? At this point, regardless of what we think about him as an athlete we have to accept his current production as a fact and just shake our heads when he actually does something interesting.

Taysom>Dulcich>Pitts

ETA: @kyoun1e As much as I am fading Pitts, upon reflection I cannot put him ahead of a complete unknown like Dulcich.

Taysom>Pitts>Dulcich

Last edited:
A rare good problem, pick 2 RBs from these 3 please...
ETN vs Den
KW3 vs NYG
D Pierce vs Ten

ETN & KW3
Closet Lions fan, MSU graduate... you may be interested to learn that this conundrum of whom to pick comes from a hometown league of over 20 yrs touching the bygone closed GM production lines of Pontiac. In summery KW3 should never have been available late in the draft where landed.

full PPR (lost Hollywood and Mike Williams)
  • Robbie Anderson @ Vikings
  • KJ Hamler @ Jags (Wembley Stadium)
  • KJ Osborn v Cardinals
  • Kalif Raymond v Dolphins
  • Ben Skowronek v 49ers
  • Tre'quan Smith v Raiders
  • Tyquan Thorton @ Jets
:tfp:
Uhhhhhh... Okay, let me grab my Ouija Board and some chicken bones and my Tarot deck and send a telepathic emergency contact request to my Shaman.

Obviously there isn't a great way to logic through this.

Tyquann has incredible speed so maybe he can house a long one.

If Thomas & Landry remain out I have trouble starting Tre'Quan. So monitor that.

On the premium that Detroit is better at home and Miami D<<<<<Dallas & NEP. Raymond seems interesting, particularly with Chark on IR. But he's still likely #4 in the pecking order (if not 5th behind the RBs). You have a better feel for the Lions than anyone, so go with your gut.

I can see an argument for Osborne as he gets a little volume and has a little TD potential and it's a solid matchup.

I guess Hamler could house one but stay away from that offense for the most part.

Skworlmnoq? (that's not a nickname, his name is factually impossible to spell). Where's the upside?

Anderson? No idea, in this offense.

I guess, with zero confidence and only answering because it's my thread and I feel obligated.

Tyquann>*Tre'Quan>Osborne>Raymond>Anderson>Hamler>Skworlmnoq

ETA: I need a drink after that one.

Picked Kalif Raymond & also snagged Van Jefferson.

Though I do love the Olamide Zaccheaus matchup.

Superflex league. 4 pt per TD pass an 1pt per 25 yd passing. Pick 2 of these 3 QBs

Brady vs BAL
Cousins vs AZ
D Jones vs SEA
I’m pretty sure I’m benching Brady and your options are better. Cousins seems the safer Pick than Jones but I’d roll with Jones.

Also On the Brady front - SF
Brady Vs Baltimore
Dalton Vs LV
ehlinger Vs Washington
Tannehill Vs Houston

I think Dalton and Tannehill but kinda tempted to throw Ehlinger out there. it’s a tight matchup, virtually equal. I do have Evans, so a stack is nice when it works.

TE Question. PPR League.

Which?

Thanks

I picked up Dulcich this week to start over Pitts until ??? That said, I would start Hill in your situation (underdog) with a plus matchup.

Hill > Dulcich >> Pitts

I have an icky, tricky one. Need a 2nd flex (TE eligible). 0.5 PPR WRs, 1.0 PPR TEs.

Robert Woods (@Hou)
Josh Reynolds (Mia)
Pickup Irv Smith (Ari), drop Woods or Reynolds

.5 ppr

Khalil Herbert @ Dallas
Latavias Murray vs Jax in London

Murray has the better matchup, but I hate the Denver offense. Herbert seems to be a in a RBBC and can't trust the amount of touches he will see. I have to start Denver TE Dulcich this week as well due to byes, so the thought of having 2 Denver players is making me woozy.

Superflex league. 4 pt per TD pass an 1pt per 25 yd passing. Pick 2 of these 3 QBs

Brady vs BAL
Cousins vs AZ
D Jones vs SEA
I’m pretty sure I’m benching Brady and your options are better. Cousins seems the safer Pick than Jones but I’d roll with Jones.

Brady Vs Baltimore
Dalton Vs LV
ehlinger Vs Washington
Tannehill Vs Houston

I think Dalton and Tannehill but kinda tempted to throw Ehlinger out there. it’s a tight matchup, virtually equal. I do have Evans, so a stack is nice when it works.
Yeah, I hate benching Brady particularly at home when he still has Evans & Godwin. But, at some point, as a franchise manager you need to make the tough calls. It will be frustrating AF if he finally blows up on your bench, but it will probably be more frustrating if Dalton outperforms him again on your bench.

Can't knock Dalton, even without Thomas & Landry (seriously, what's up with those guys?) he has been, at the very least, efficient-ish. He should be good for 200-250 yards and 1.5 TDs with 300 & 3 upside against that very mediocre Raiders pass rush (seriously, what's up with those guys?).

Man, I have to agree that Ehlinger is tempting. I know literally nothing about the guy other than he was a 4 year starter at Texas and his college numbers are pretty solid. Looks like he can run a little too. But, it's hard to think that the Colts aren't planning to ride their running game and defense a lot more than they had been with Matt Ryan so, yeah, even if he blows up (unlikely but possible) he should probably do it on your bench.

If you're thinking of starting Tannehill over Brady, you have to monitor the practice reports today and hope you get an update before kickoff. He was DNP yesterday, if he is DNP today that means you are choosing between Brady & Ehlinger for Sunday IMO. Remember they're playing the Texans, so I anticipate a heavy dose of Derrick Henry. Even if he practices today I don't think I would start him over any of the other three. He has 6 TD passes on the season and has been under 200 yards 4 times. The team is winning so where's the upside in changing their formula?

Because of the Thursday night matchup and the lack of clarity on Tannehill & Ehlinger I think:

Dalton>Brady>Ehlinger>Tannehill

I have an icky, tricky one. Need a 2nd flex (TE eligible). 0.5 PPR WRs, 1.0 PPR TEs.

Robert Woods (@Hou)
Josh Reynolds (Mia)
Pickup Irv Smith (Ari), drop Woods or Reynolds
I try to answer all of these thoughtfully, but more often than not there is no real way to make a confident assertion. This is sorta one of those situations.

I like Robert Woods (Fight On!) and he is clearly the lead WR in Tennessee (hooray!). But, man the pie is so very small in Tennessee. They throw the ball 25 times per game and Woods barely gets a little over 5 targets/game. They are @ Houston so I anticipate the game plan involves a whole heapin' portion of Derrick Henry, whether or not it plays out that way is anyone's guess but the Titans win by running and trying to play solid defense. On paper that seems like a solid game plan this week. That means you should anticipate maybe 4-5 receptions, 40-60 yards and pray for a TD. Also, you need to monitor Tannehill's status, he was DNP yesterday, if Malik Willis starts I wouldn't count on Woods.

I would say Reynolds is clearly the guy in this decision if he wasn't DNP yesterday. If he puts in a good practice today & tomorrow (even limited) I still might roll with him because the Lions are at home and the Miami defense isn't good (plus their offense is capable of hanging a lot of points against the Lions). If he is still DNP obviously you have a tougher decision.

Irv is all about the possibility of a TD IMO, which isn't far off from Woods. Since I feel they are both in the 4-5 reception wheelhouse I think I want to bank on the guy who is the lead WR on their team, if Tannehill plays.

You have a ton of uncertainties this week, which I guess is why you're here. I wish I could be more confident but each of these recommendations comes with a big asterisk (Reynolds health & Tannehill's health). So, if Reynolds and Tannehill are set to play this is what I would do:

Reynolds>Woods>Smith

But, Smith could easily jump to #1 if circumstances dictate.

Full PPR
M. Carter v. JAX
or
Wan'Dale v. SEA
I like what Wan'Dale is doing and it seems like a good matchup on paper. It looks like Kadarius & Golladay are completely out of the game plan and I imagine the Giants are trying to find any takers on the trade market. With Slayton & Richie being the only other WRs and Bellinger out Wan'Dale is in a great position. In fact I think I just talked myself into dropping Doubs for him.

I am also very curious how the Jets deploy Michael Carter now. His target share dropped a ton since week 2 but Breece is gone and I don't think Robinson will fit in too big in the passing game, at least not this week. Going forward that may change as he's a capable receiver out of the backfield. New England is a tough opponent and losing Alijha Vera-Tucker is a huge blow to the depleted offensive line.

Yeah, this is a conundrum indeed.

It's really a coin toss and you should absolutely go with your gut. Generally I favor the RB in this situation but my gut is telling me:

Wan'Dale>Carter

Gus Edwards vs TB or Christian Kirk vs Den at flex. Half point ppr….

Thanks in advance
If it was full PPR I would probably lean Kirk but that Denver defense is still very good (particularly Pat Surtain) and, I think we all hate London games so that makes him a little tougher to recommend. But he's still a decent option.

Gus is still an unknown but the Bucs run defense has been gashed over the last four games giving up 189, 151, 77 & 153 yards. For all of Brady's struggles the defense, particularly on the rushing side has really crumbled. But we all worry that the Bucs are going "flip the switch" at any moment and that is why this decision is particularly nagging.

Another coin toss and generally I favor the RB in these situations. But you should know I also roster Gus and need to start him so I may be biased here so definitely go with your gut, mine says:
Gus>Kirk

But, it's close.

Thanks. In fact I did drop Doubs for Wan'Dale :lol: . Agree very much with your reasoning.

While we are at it:
half PPR
Gabe Davis v. GB
or
ARSB v. MIA

PPR

TE

Taysom Hill vs LV
or
Darren Waller @NO

Flex
Tyler Boyd @CLE
or
George Pickens @PHI
or
One of the TEs from above

Half PPR- pick 2! Thank you!

Gus Edwards
Pickens
Damien Harris
K.Herbert
Pickens seems like a lock in this group. He's getting good utilization and he just seems like he can break something open at any moment. I am banking on his skill with as much confidence as possible.

I think Gus has a real opportunity here and I think the Bucs defense is reeling, particularly on the ground (189, 151, 77 & 153 rush yards against over the last four and the first two were at home). He's probably TD dependent and the Ravens frustrate with their RB usage so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if for some reason Drake out touched him, but on paper I think Gus is the lead guy there for now.

I don't like Harris after he did so little with no injury designation last week. I want to see if Rhamondre has pushed him to a distant #2 on the RB pecking order in NE before I start rolling him out again. You may miss this opportunity but, I am risk averse in this situation.

Love Khalil, hate the matchup. The Bears are going to try and run though, they seem truly committed to getting all three guys (Montgomery, Fields & Herbert involved) and it's tough to defend against. But, man that Dallas defense flies and gets into the backfield so quickly.

Pickens>Gus>Khalil>Harris

10-team family league with full PPR scoring.
Need to start 1 RB, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex out of these players:

RB - Nick Chubb vs CIN
RB - D'Andre Swift vs MIA
RB - Kenneth Walker III vs NYG
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson @ NYJ
RB - Travis Etienne vs Den

WR - Ja'Marr Chase @ CLE
WR - CeeDee Lamb vs CHI
WR - Courtland Sutton @ JAX
WR - Michael Thomas vs LV
WR - Chris Olave vs LV

(I've been trying to upgrade with 2 for 1 trade offers but no luck yet.)

RB - Nick Chubb vs CIN

WR - Ja'Marr Chase @ CLE
WR - CeeDee Lamb vs CHI
WR - Chris Olave vs LV

If it were me: RB- Walker; WR Chase and Lamb; Flex Chubb

RB - Nick Chubb vs CIN

WR - Ja'Marr Chase @ CLE
WR - CeeDee Lamb vs CHI
WR - Chris Olave vs LV

Agree with this

4/passing TD:

Brady vs Ravens (tonight)
Carr @ Saints
Cousins vs Cards

All project moderately closely. Am moderate favourite so need floor. I am starting Mike Evans so maybe bench Brady to cover bases?

Brady vs BAL
Cousins vs AZ
D Jones vs SEA

Brady Vs Baltimore
Dalton Vs LV
ehlinger Vs Washington
Tannehill Vs Houston

Yeah, I hate benching Brady particularly at home when he still has Evans & Godwin. But, at some point, as a franchise manager you need to make the tough calls. It will be frustrating AF if he finally blows up on your bench, but it will probably be more frustrating if Dalton outperforms him again on your bench.

Can't knock Dalton, even without Thomas & Landry (seriously, what's up with those guys?) he has been, at the very least, efficient-ish. He should be good for 200-250 yards and 1.5 TDs with 300 & 3 upside against that very mediocre Raiders pass rush (seriously, what's up with those guys?).

Man, I have to agree that Ehlinger is tempting. I know literally nothing about the guy other than he was a 4 year starter at Texas and his college numbers are pretty solid. Looks like he can run a little too. But, it's hard to think that the Colts aren't planning to ride their running game and defense a lot more than they had been with Matt Ryan so, yeah, even if he blows up (unlikely but possible) he should probably do it on your bench.

If you're thinking of starting Tannehill over Brady, you have to monitor the practice reports today and hope you get an update before kickoff. He was DNP yesterday, if he is DNP today that means you are choosing between Brady & Ehlinger for Sunday IMO. Remember they're playing the Texans, so I anticipate a heavy dose of Derrick Henry. Even if he practices today I don't think I would start him over any of the other three. He has 6 TD passes on the season and has been under 200 yards 4 times. The team is winning so where's the upside in changing their formula?

Because of the Thursday night matchup and the lack of clarity on Tannehill & Ehlinger I think:

Dalton>Brady>Ehlinger>Tannehill
Thanks. I wouldn’t want to do it but worse case, if RT doesn’t play I do have willis on my taxi squad and can bring him up.

After a 1-4 start, I have pulled my team back from the dead. Need a win to claw back to .500.

Non-PPR, how do you rank these three?

Rashod Bateman,
Brandon Aiyuk,
Curtis Samuel

slight variation of crowe's post:

ppr, pick 1

Aiyuk vs LAR
Pickens vs PHI
C Samuel vs IND

Aiyuk seems to have the highest floor and ceiling (based on last 2 weeks usage), Deebo may be banged up, with CMC having a week's practice under his belt he may cut into everyone else's targets

Pickens has 6 catches and minimum 60 yards in all 3 games with Pickett, looks prime for an 8/100/2 game any day now, Eagles D may keep Pickett running for his life and off the field though

Samuel hasn't surpassed 13.1 pts since week 2 against the Lions who let everyone feast. He did get more usage last week with Heinicke, and Dotson is out again.

I guess it really boils down to Aiyuk vs Pickens

After a 1-4 start, I have pulled my team back from the dead. Need a win to claw back to .500.

Rashod Bateman,
Brandon Aiyuk,
Curtis Samuel
I haven't followed Bateman much but from looking at his meager stats since week 2:

Aiyuk > Samuel/Bateman tossup

With the news Hubbard isn't practicing, giving me pause, standard scoring

Gus Edwards (tonight) @ Bucs
D.Foreman @ Falcons

Feels like it might be one of those with Foreman, "he's probably only useful for one week" type of situations but Edwards off injury on a short week hardly screams huge night so worthy of asking I think.

PPR league. Need a flex.

Note: I'm a 15 point underdog.

* G. Edwards @TB -- Everyone seems to be riding the Gus Bus tonight, but I'm hesitant. Short week, just coming off injury. Could see more of Hill and Drake. Also feel like TB could click back into gear at any moment with all those weapons and gamescript Gus out a bit.

* D. Henderson vs SF -- Not a good matchup at all and Henderson has yet to crack 47 yards rushing in any game. McVay seems determined to keep M. Brown and some other guy (Rivers?) in the mix as well. O-line not playing well. Could get some dump offs and have a decent floor but not sure the upside I need is there.

Which?

Thanks

Last edited:
.5 ppr

Khalil Herbert @ Dallas
Latavias Murray vs Jax in London

Murray has the better matchup, but I hate the Denver offense. Herbert seems to be a in a RBBC and can't trust the amount of touches he will see. I have to start Denver TE Dulcich this week as well due to byes, so the thought of having 2 Denver players is making me woozy.
Latavius? Ugh? I actually like him a bit, he has been a productive player this season. But that team and the nature of that time share has me very bearish on him. Jax run D has definitely fallen off after a hot start but giving up a ton of rush yards to Phili, Houston & the Giants probably isn't something to hang your head in shame about. They do fine against lesser running games like Indy without Jonathan Taylor, 45 yards, and for the for the first three weeks of the season they held Washington, Indy (with Taylor) and the Chargers to 85, 54 & 26 rush yards respectively. I think Denver is closer to their good day opponent than their bad day ones.

Love Khalil, hate the matchup. The Bears are going to try and run though, they seem truly committed to getting all three guys (Montgomery, Fields & Herbert involved) and it's tough to defend against. But, man that Dallas defense flies and gets into the backfield so quickly. It's tough to roll with him but if your choosing a B option in a RB committee I might go with his upside over the hope Latavius falls into the end zone.

Somewhat tough call but:

Khalil>Latavius

Thanks. In fact I did drop Doubs for Wan'Dale :lol: . Agree very much with your reasoning.

While we are at it:
half PPR
Gabe Davis v. GB
or
ARSB v. MIA
Oh man...uhhhh...man.

Okay. Davis is off the injury report (fingers crossed), so that's great. He doesn't get huge volume and he generally runs lower percentage routes, which lowers his catch % (his ADOT, average depth of target, is 16.7 yards). But what he does with the volume he gets? It looks like he is living up to the hype.

I love ARSB, he gets great volume and has a high catch rate (he should, his ADOT is 4.4) but how can we have even the least little bit of confidence in the Lions offense after putting up 6 points over the last two games??? They have more turnovers (7) than points over those two games!!! Again, I love ARSB and I am rolling him out in my lineup this week (over Sutton & Wan'Dale ATM) but I have much less confidence in that team than I did three weeks ago.

Gabe>ARSB

PPR

TE

Taysom Hill vs LV
or
Darren Waller @NO

Flex
Tyler Boyd @CLE
or
George Pickens @PHI
or
One of the TEs from above
Waller can be a top TE in the NFL, he's shown that. But when was the last time it really happened? I mean, he had 6-50-1 against Arizona but before that we have to go back to week 10 of last year (7-116-0) and his only other productive week (when he didn't get a silly 19 targets) was week 8 of 2021 (7-92-0). Obviously injury has derailed him quite a bit but, IDK. We have to go back to 2020 for the last time he was consistently relevant. New Orleans has an average pass D and Lattimore may be out so, that's something. But, he's awful difficult to trust ATM.

I wish Taysom got more volume but he has been incredibly efficient with what he has received. He has a nose for the end zone with TDs in 4 of 7 games and he is a threat to break a big play at any minute. The Raiders pass D is bad but that isn't necessarily relevant to Hill's usage, and the Raiders run D has been pretty good but not formidable or anything.

I do believe in Waller but I think I need to see more before I roll him out with any kind of confidence.

Taysom>Waller

I like Boyd but after last week it definitely feels like chasing points. It just does. Cleveland has a better pass defense, Boyd is simply way too inconsistent and the Bengals have too many options. ; I just think we're going to go back to a 5-44 with maybe a 33% chance for a TD.

Pickens has a difficult matchup, I guess but from a fantasy perspective Cle & Phi perform about the same against opposing WRs. Pickens has had 7, 8, 8, 6 & 6 targets over his last five, that's more consistent volume than Boyd. Of course Burrow is worlds better than Pickett there is something about Pickens that makes us all think he could do something special at any moment.

Pickens>Boyd

Oh man...uhhhh...man.

Okay. Davis is off the injury report (fingers crossed), so that's great. He doesn't get huge volume and he generally runs lower percentage routes, which lowers his catch % (his ADOT, average depth of target, is 16.7 yards). But what he does with the volume he gets? It looks like he is living up to the hype.

I love ARSB, he gets great volume and has a high catch rate (he should, his ADOT is 4.4) but how can we have even the least little bit of confidence in the Lions offense after putting up 6 points over the last two games??? They have more turnovers (7) than points over those two games!!! Again, I love ARSB and I am rolling him out in my lineup this week (over Sutton & Wan'Dale ATM) but I have much less confidence in that team than I did three weeks ago.

Gabe>ARSB
I know, right?
Thanks, I think will still be flipping a coin on this one for a while.

RB - Nick Chubb vs CIN

WR - Ja'Marr Chase @ CLE
WR - CeeDee Lamb vs CHI

WR - Chris Olave vs LV

Misread your post. Spent a good 10-15 minutes on it too before realizing it. It's a much easier decision now.

I had originally thought you needed 2 RBs, 2 WRs & a Flex. For me that came down to Rhamondre v Etienne, which is what I wrote about.

The four guys above I think are must starts on your roster.

RB - Nick Chubb vs CIN

WR - Ja'Marr Chase @ CLE
WR - CeeDee Lamb vs CHI
WR - Chris Olave vs LV

Agree with this

4/passing TD:

Brady vs Ravens (tonight)
Carr @ Saints
Cousins vs Cards

All project moderately closely. Am moderate favourite so need floor. I am starting Mike Evans so maybe bench Brady to cover bases?
You have two pretty stable alternatives so I would be fine with letting Brady blow up on your bench rather than risk that the Bucs may simply not be very good.

Between Cousins and Carr it's a real coin flip. They are very similar QBs. I don't think either fan base is truly in love with them, but they like them a lot and probably would not choose to swap.

The offensive production is very similar. The Vikings throw a tad more, the Raiders do it a tad more efficiently and Carr is probably a marginally better runner but not enough so to factor into the decision.

This comes down to the opponent and the respective Vikings & Raiders defenses probability to contain the opposing offense. And there really isn't much to differentiate them when you dive down into those metrics. PPG Yielded - Saints 28.6, Ari 25.1, PPG Scored Saints 25.2, Ari 22.3, Splash plays (Sacks + INTs + Fumble recoveries) - Saints 21, Ari 21

Now teams throw against Arizona with a little more frequency (36 ATT to 32) and they do put up more yardage, 258 per game to 217 per game.

Otherwise the margin between these guys is razor thin.

I like Carr and some people think the Raiders may be ready to start a mini-run but I'm still skeptical and need to see them do it against more than the Texans before I can fully trust this offense. Now the Raiders do score about 4 PPG more than the Vikings and Marshon Lattimore may be out again but I'm not so sure that is enough.

I don't really like Cousins but his team is 5-1, they are playing smart football and I think the Cardinals are a more...

Y'know, I just realized that I am just bull######## here. This is a coin toss 100% and I mean that literally. There is no way to logic into this one that will provide any kind of reasonable edge. My gut says Cousins, then I type some more and my gut says Carr.

All I can tell you for sure is I am comfortable benching Brady for either of them.

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

Carr/Cousins>Brady

I am an underdog this week. Start Mariota, Dalton, or Lawrence at QB?
I think Dalton seems like a pretty clear choice. He has a solid floor and apparently a good ceiling even without Thomas & Landry. The Raiders defense isn't intimidating anyone, particularly against the pass and the Saints simply need a win, although you can say the same about the Raiders.

Mariota is too low volume and the upside is questionable and Lawrence has a tough enough matchup (and it's London) that Dalton seems like a clear favorite IMO.

Dalton>Lawrence>Mariota

Rashod Bateman,
Brandon Aiyuk,
Curtis Samuel
I mean, it's gotta be Aiyuk, right?

Bateman has disappeared since a hot start and he's a low volume, big play dependent guy. Sure, it could happen but he hurts you more often than helps if you try to chase it.

I like Samuel but he's also fallen off since his hot start. I like that he got 10 touches last week but I am not sold that will be consistent.

Aiyuk has 11 targets each of the last two games, he had a monster two weeks ago at Atlanta and it wasn't fluky either, both his TDs were inside the red zone. That's a great sign. Plus Deebo is gimpy apparently. I also think McCaffrey helps the passing game more than hinders it.

Aiyuk>Samuel>Bateman

slight variation of crowe's post:

ppr, pick 1

Aiyuk vs LAR
Pickens vs PHI
C Samuel vs IND

Aiyuk seems to have the highest floor and ceiling (based on last 2 weeks usage), Deebo may be banged up, with CMC having a week's practice under his belt he may cut into everyone else's targets

Pickens has 6 catches and minimum 60 yards in all 3 games with Pickett, looks prime for an 8/100/2 game any day now, Eagles D may keep Pickett running for his life and off the field though

Samuel hasn't surpassed 13.1 pts since week 2 against the Lions who let everyone feast. He did get more usage last week with Heinicke, and Dotson is out again.

I guess it really boils down to Aiyuk vs Pickens
Yeah, I'm going to echo my response to @crowe1130

I like Samuel but he's also fallen off since his hot start. I like that he got 10 touches last week but I am not sold that will be consistent.

Aiyuk has 11 targets each of the last two games, he had a monster two weeks ago at Atlanta and it wasn't fluky either, both his TDs were inside the red zone. That's a great sign. Plus Deebo is gimpy apparently. I also think McCaffrey helps the passing game more than hinders it.

Now Pickens is a bit more interesting than Bateman because he just seems so game ready. He is capable of a monster, I think, but I am not sure there is enough to go around to bank on that.

Aiyuk>Pickens>Samuel

Users who are viewing this thread