What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Another one:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE of the following:

B.Aiyuk vs Cinn
Z.Flowers @ AZ
D.Goedert @ Wash
I'm team Flowers and really not thinking about it. #1 target on his team in a plus matchup. He's light on TDs but, if you watch this kid he is just an ankle breaker who's ready to pop.

Goedert is a fine option with TDs in two of the last three games but I still think he is more inconsistent.

Every Niner offensive player is just hoping to collect McCaffrey's table scraps. I like Aiyuk fine but he's pretty much been a non-factor in five of seven games.

Flowers>Goedert>Aiyu

10-team PPR. 5 WRs for 4 spots. Who sits?

Adams @ DET
Addison @ GB
Kupp @ DAL
R. Rice @ DEN
D. Smith @ WAS
I mean the question is Rice v DeVonta. Of course you start Kupp and of course you start Addison (the #1 WR in Kevin O'Connell's offense with Kirk Cousins under center is someone you start. It's the same offense, almost, as the one that makes Kupp & Puka what they are). And disappointing as Adams has been of late, you don't sit him for Rashee Rice or DeVonta Smith.

Between Rice & DeVonta it is surprisingly close but I think in this situation you back the better QB facing the lesser defense. Pretty much as simple as that for me. It's a big risk with DeVonta simply seeing a significantly larger snap share (94% or higher in every game) but Rice has been trending up in snaps, targets & receptions and has scored almost as many points on the season than DeVonta in my full PPR league (61-68). And Rice has outscored DeVonta in each of the last three games and four of the last five. Eventually DeVonta is going to have a massive outing but I hate trying to time that kind of production.

Rice>DeVonta

Need a Flex. 1ppr, 6/TD

Zay Flowers (@ AZ)
-or-
George Pickens (vs JAX)
I was inclined to say Flowers initially but, looking at it more closely Pickens has really been the better player both on the season and over the last three games. Flowers catches a few more passes on the whole but Pickens is leading Flowers in yardage by a decent margin and seems to have a bit more big play mojo going. I think that could change and I may still favor Flowers because it is a PPR league but when you factor in the matchup, relative strength of the teams running games and the quality of the opposing defense against the pass

Pickens>Flowers

.5 PPR.

Need 4 WR's, 2 locks : Puka, DAdams

which two:

Waddle - hasn't done much, sore back, no Hill, NE can zero him out
Aiyuk vs CIN - Darnold, but who knows, maybe Darnold knows he can actually rely on him vs what Purdy had shown in the 2nd half Monday night.
Flowers vs ARZ - right now he's in for me, pencilled not inked. Arz runs mostly zone and Flowers kills zone. I also have Lamar (and Andrews), so could see some nice stacking.
Nico vs CAR - also pencilled in - coming off bye and CJ wanting to put on a good performance to the team that passed on him.
Diontae J vs JAX - good showing 1st game back....not the week I think to start him.
Why would you say no Hill? He is back at practice.

ppr

pick 2 wr

waddle vs NE
higgins @ SF
Aiyuk vx Cinci

pick a rb
hunt @ sea
mattison @ GB

got waddle, higgins, hunt right now

.5 PPR.

Need 4 WR's, 2 locks : Puka, DAdams

which two:

Waddle - hasn't done much, sore back, no Hill, NE can zero him out
Aiyuk vs CIN - Darnold, but who knows, maybe Darnold knows he can actually rely on him vs what Purdy had shown in the 2nd half Monday night.
Flowers vs ARZ - right now he's in for me, pencilled not inked. Arz runs mostly zone and Flowers kills zone. I also have Lamar (and Andrews), so could see some nice stacking.
Nico vs CAR - also pencilled in - coming off bye and CJ wanting to put on a good performance to the team that passed on him.
Diontae J vs JAX - good showing 1st game back....not the week I think to start him.
Why would you say no Hill? He is back at practice.
I wrote that last night

ppr

pick 2 wr

waddle vs NE
higgins @ SF
Aiyuk vx Cinci

pick a rb
hunt @ sea
mattison @ GB

got waddle, higgins, hunt right now
I worry that I am underselling Aiyuk this week (there's one, at least, every week) but SF has turned into the Christian McCaffrey show and everyone else is playing for scraps. If Darnold starts it might help but how can we know?

Higgins had a bye last week and is practicing in full. If both him and Burrow are healthy I like Higgins more than Aiyuk...I think...maybe. I also think a fully healthy Burrow>>Tua but

What about Waddle? He's been a real forgotten man, to a degree, at least relative to last year. He's gone from being a big play kind of guy with an 18 y/r to a possession 12 y/r guy. He's not failing so much as disappointing relative to expectation.

Yeah, three very similar options with similar matchups. Typically in this situation I try to pick the guy with the best combo of QB and team most likely to win and that's probably what I would do here.

Waddle>Higgins>Aiyuk

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week my downward spiral continued; I went 18-26-4 :bag: and the randbetween managed 20-24-4

On the season I hold a slim one game edge 214-225-18 and the randbetween is 213-226-22

Let the pain continue

Hi Chaka -

We are 1/2 point ppr, 12 team league. We start: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 TE, 1 Flex (Rb,Wr,Te) -
(I'm starting Mahomes at QB, Goedert at TE)

I need best starters from these guys:

Rb: Kamara (Start), Mixon @ SF, Mattison/Akers @ GB, Stevenson @ Mia, Strong @ Sea
Wr: Collins @ Car, G Davis hm TB, Z Flowers @ AZ, DJ Moore @ LAC, C Ridley @ Pitt

So I' need my 2nd RB starter, Top 2 Wr's starters and then best overall at Flex.

I'd like to start a Rb @ GB but can't trust Matty - be great if Akers was the starter, Mixon vs a pissed off SF doesn't feel right. That leaves Stevenson by default?
Leaning DJ Moore and Z Flowers but Nico is back vs Car. Could start all 3 of these Wr's, that would leave me with only 2 Rb starters -

Tough choices - would appreciate your advice, Thanks!
Hi PM,

Would you mind paring this down for me a little in the future? For example, Mattison/Akers isn't really an option unless one of them is out, right? Probably not Strong either unless we hear Hunt is trending to be out (ATM missing a Wednesday practice = veteran rest day as much as anything). So, until we get an update on Hunt it's a choice between Mixon & Rhamondre, isn't it?

When it comes to those two, I agree that Mixon doesn't feel like a strong play against that Niners defense, not because they're "pissed off" (weren't they even more so after losing to PJ Walker and the Browns?) but because Mixon has been very underwhelming so far this season. He very much looks to have lost a step.

Rhamondre hasn't been great, to be sure, but the Dolphins defense isn't great and the game script should favor Rhamondre's receiving, which is where he excels.

For your WRs I can see how it is more complicated and I do think you may have missed a bit on your logic. I think Nico & Zay should be your first options and then you need to consider everything else.

That puts us into discussion of the flex option: DJ would be a lock in a full PPR but I have just a touch of hesitation in anything less. He is probably the right call facing, what has been a terrible Chargers defense (28th or worse in attempts, yards, TDs & net yards/attempt. And they're 25th in scoring defense) but, do we really have any confidence in Tyler? Tyrone? Tyson? That Bagent guy? And on the road? Maybe.

I could see Davis if you want to shoot for that monster game. He's at home, they freed up 4 targets/game with Knox out, the TB pass D isn't very good, the Bills are a pass first offense, as well as being the #3 scoring team in the league and they very much need to win this game to keep pace in the division and conference. Believe it or not they are currently the #7 seed in the AFC. Davis may be the "right" call here, at least as a calculated risk where everyone else has just as much downside and probably not as much upside.

At this point Ridley has to be viewed skeptically. He's third on the team in targets and clearly the offense is built around distributing the ball so his likelihood of a monster game seems relatively low. The Steelers are a good matchup though so, he isn't entirely unplayable. Still, IMO, when given other options I think it's time to let Ridley prove it for a week or two before simply rolling him out there.

Yeah this comes down to DJ v Davis for me. A classic upside vs safe play. I am feeling a bit like a risk taker on this one.

Davis>DJ
Thanks Chaka - I'll give you the short version next time!

1 PPR league, need a WR2:
Pittman v N.O.
Flowers @ ARI

My concern with Flowers is simply that Baltimore only throws the ball about 27x per game, there just isn't much urgency with such a well rounded team. Indianapolis throws about 35x per game and that is probably higher if you remove Richardson's contributions.

Downs has been rising, for sure but I still see Pittman as the #1, even the target share drops from 11 to 8-9 with Downs playing so well.

Pittman has a 10-9 target advantage inside the 10 but a 1-4 target disadvantage inside the 5.

Pittman also has the tougher matchup.

Is it definitely
Flower>Pittman???

ppr, pick 2:

Pickens vs Jax
Olave vs Ind
Aiyuk vs Cin

Right now I have Olave as the odd man out based on the perceived melt down last week and streak of mediocrity since Kamara returned. Part of me thinks he and Carr kiss and make up and Olave gets his best game of the season. Meanwhile, Aiyuk was on pace for a 20 pt game before Purdy's concussion and he seems to have a higher ceiling than Olave this year. Pickens has been hot and feels like he (and the Steelers offense) is finally hitting their stride.
At what point in the game was Purdy concussed? Are we certain?

My belief is it was on the two QB sneaks he did around the 7 minute mark in the 4th quarter. His two picks happened subsequently.

When Aiyuk had his last target at 13:36 in the 4th he was on pace for 7-76-0 and that's being a little generous. The Niners ran four more plays before, what I thought was Purdy's concussion. Does 7-76-0 translate to 20 points in your league? If so 20 points probably isn't very meaningful.

Did I get the concussion timing wrong?

I ask because I like to provide the most meaningful response I can to every question. The concussion timing seems very important here. Or not, presuming Darnold gets the start.

Last edited:
O.K. so DK is playing this week. How effective will he be? With that in mind:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE:

D.Pierce @ Car
A.Mattison @ GB
D.K.Metcalf vs Cleve

I have question about my flex spot this week but, until we know the status of David Montgomery there is no point in asking.

Full PPR
WR2
Pittman v NO
Flowers @ ARI
J.Palmer v CHI
R.Rice @ DEN

I think I should continue to ride Pittman but all of them have strong arguments in favor.
You have basically what I see as 2 #1 receivers on their team a #2 on a team that plays a bazillion wrs, and a wr2 from a team who is decnt but definitely of the same caliber of the other 3 you have.
I have question about my flex spot this week but, until we know the status of David Montgomery there is no point in asking.

Full PPR
WR2
Pittman v NO
Flowers @ ARI
J.Palmer v CHI
R.Rice @ DEN

I think I should continue to ride Pittman but all of them have strong arguments in favor.
Pittman or flowers are the clear cut top 2.... I couldnt fault you for playing either but in close to a tie I agree with you in playing the guy sleeping id his own bed in Pittman. Nice choices at wr2 and if you need it 3.

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!
No real distinction between Buffalo & NJ IMO but I have been trying to go against the NYG whenever I can. The Bucs aren't very good but they have a better offensive line than the Giants by a good margin.

NYJ>Buf

I like Kupp a lot of course but since it's not a PPR league I have to consider TDs and yards where I think ARSB has an edge, albeit very small, it's also a better matchup for ARSB. Super close call

ARSB>Kupp

It is a somewhat difficult call on RB but I think, at this point Jacobs needs to be on the bench. These are three of the worst scoring offenses in the league and Jacobs has been the biggest disappointment. It's really a tough call but, particularly in a non-PPR I bench Jacobs.
agree on the defnse but I dont agree that its a better matchup for ARSB. I know Dallas has a good pass D but so does LV. The thing that stands out to me is the competition facing dallas has been overall weak. Unless I missed an injury to Kupp I am expecting a bounce back game to the stud he is. Both are great choices but I lean slightly Kupp. The 1 rb I would choose is Henry who they may showcase for a trade vs the easiest defense of the 3.

#2 SF QB

Howell or Bagent

All rankings have Howell but not feeling good about him against the improved Eagle pass D and Bagent goes against the worst pass D in the league.

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!
No real distinction between Buffalo & NJ IMO but I have been trying to go against the NYG whenever I can. The Bucs aren't very good but they have a better offensive line than the Giants by a good margin.

NYJ>Buf

I like Kupp a lot of course but since it's not a PPR league I have to consider TDs and yards where I think ARSB has an edge, albeit very small, it's also a better matchup for ARSB. Super close call

ARSB>Kupp

It is a somewhat difficult call on RB but I think, at this point Jacobs needs to be on the bench. These are three of the worst scoring offenses in the league and Jacobs has been the biggest disappointment. It's really a tough call but, particularly in a non-PPR I bench Jacobs.
agree on the defnse but I dont agree that its a better matchup for ARSB. I know Dallas has a good pass D but so does LV. The thing that stands out to me is the competition facing dallas has been overall weak. Unless I missed an injury to Kupp I am expecting a bounce back game to the stud he is. Both are great choices but I lean slightly Kupp. The 1 rb I would choose is Henry who they may showcase for a trade vs the easiest defense of the 3.
For me it comes down to Barkley or ARSB. I am currently have ARSB in the starting lineup over Barkley vs the Jets D who I have in my lineup.

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!

NYJ>Buf

ARSB>Kupp

Well yes/no the Raiders have a decent pass defense but they're a bad team. The Cowboys, not only have a better pass D but a much better scoring defense. I agree they're close choices but in these scenarios where we choose between the team playing "catch up" or the team more likely to win I opt for the latter. I just think Detroit is going to score more points than the Rams.

But the real answer is: Kupp and ARSB are both the correct choice.

Which 2 WR's in half PPR?

Diontae Johnson vs Jaguars
Dell vs Panthers
Ridley vs Steelers (my opponent is starting Lawrence)

Thanks!

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!

NYJ>Buf

ARSB>Kupp

For me it comes down to Barkley or ARSB. I am currently have ARSB in the starting lineup over Barkley vs the Jets D who I have in my lineup.
I like ARSB over both Jacobs & Barkley.

Which 2 WR's in half PPR?

Diontae Johnson vs Jaguars
Dell vs Panthers
Ridley vs Steelers (my opponent is starting Lawrence)

Thanks!
In a vacuum Dell sits without question. He hasn't done anything to warrant starting over the others.

Unfortunately we don't play in a vacuum and we have a big issue with Diontae's status. Missing practice on Thursday is a big deal IMO. Honestly this situation may resolve itself by Saturday.

I feel very strongly about Diontae and Ridley over Dell but I honestly can't answer before tomorrow, and possibly Saturday.

Pick 1- half ppr
J. Warren vs Jax
D. Foreman vs LAC
Cam Akers vs GB

Pick 2 - half ppr
Ridley vs PIT
Watson vs MIN
Downs vs NOLA
Shaheed vs IND

Currently Ridley and Watson but feels sooo sketchy.

PPR, start a RB and flex:

Aaron Jones vs Vikes
Pierce @ Panthers
Sanders vs Texans
Flowers @ Cards
Hollywood Brown vs Ravens

Trade question. PPR league.

Looking to sell high on R. Mostert and buy low on Ekeler. Love LAC playoff schedule and hate MIA's along with the return of Achane shortly.

Deal:

* I Get: Ekeler
* I Give: Mostert & J. NJigba

Ekeler owner may ask for T. Dell instead. That would be tough.

Regardless I'd be light on WRs (AS Brown, Aiyuk, and either Dell or Njigba left). Figure I'll go hard on the wire for the likes of Hyatt or other.

At RB I'd have:

RB1: A. Ekeler
RB2: D. Montgomery (soon I hope)
RB3: D. Pierce
RB4: Kyren Williams
RB Flex/Bench: J. Gibbs, D. Foreman, T. Spears, C. Akers

Also, I can start as many as 4 RBs.

Ekeler seems to be slow coming off his ankle injury. Hasn't produced. He's either still a little dinged or is now ready to roll and this is a super buy low moment. CHI rush D awaits.

Go for Ekeler and go light on WRs? Or stand pat with Mostert.

Thanks

Pick 1- half ppr
J. Warren vs Jax
D. Foreman vs LAC
Cam Akers vs GB

Pick 2 - half ppr
Ridley vs PIT
Watson vs MIN
Downs vs NOLA
Shaheed vs IND

Currently Ridley and Watson but feels sooo sketchy.
I understand the logic thst game script may dictate Roschon gets more action in the passing game but I don't buy it. Of course he's going to see action in the backfield but he also plays special teams, 48 snaps (35%) prior to the injury. There is no reason to believe he won't continue that role. I think Foreman gets the start and at the very least the 1st & 2nd down role and probably any GL work.

No interest in Akers as long as Mattison is healthy. Minnesota is last in the league in rush attempts, 30th in yards and last in rush TD with 0. Yes zero. Kevin O'Connell has never met a pass play he didn't love. Time share back in a low volume, low efficiency offense. Pass.

Warren is a decent option and if it were full PPR I might opt for him but Jacksonville has a strong run defense (4th in att, yds & y/a) and Warren's usage, while solid is definitely capped with limited GL work.

Foreman>Warren>Akers

I might consider riding the hot hand in Downs over Watson. Watson did practice in full on Wednesday but was limited to individual drills yesterday. Let's wait until today's practice reports and if Watson is limited I probably take the risk in Downs.

Minshew is a better passer than Love ATM. He throws more and is more accurate. Love was scorching hot in weeks 1 & 2 with 6 TD passes but has only four in the last four games.

But it's definitely close because we know Watson has cheat code potential. Unfortunately he also may beade of glass.

ATM
Watson>Downs>Shaheed

But I'd Watson is limited I pivot to
Downs>Watson>Shaheed

Looking to sell high on R. Mostert and buy low on Ekeler. Love LAC playoff schedule and hate MIA's along with the return of Achane shortly.

Deal:

Regardless I'd be light on WRs (AS Brown, Aiyuk, and either Dell or Njigba left). Figure I'll go hard on the wire for the likes of Hyatt or other.

At RB I'd have:

Ekeler seems to be slow coming off his ankle injury. Hasn't produced. He's either still a little dinged or is now ready to roll and this is a super buy low moment. CHI rush D awaits.

Thanks

I’m of the opinion - and apparently I’m not alone in that thinking - there’s a negligible difference between Tank and JSN ROS.

Using the ECR source above, click on the RB tab - you’d be getting a massive upgrade (potentially) at RB.

If you agree with the latter, don’t let the WR3 dissuade you. The WR3 tail does not wag the RB1 dog in this scenario.

Thank Tank for his service and do the deal.

Aaron Jones vs Vikes
Pierce @ Panthers
Sanders vs Texans
Flowers @ Cards
Flowers is 100% your flea IMO. Good volume. Good QB. Good team. Good matchup.

I have no faith in any of your RBs.

Jones was DNP Wednesday and limited yesterday, not great.

Sanders is fully practicing and has a decent matchup but is probably is a full blown time share on a lesser offense.

Pierce may also be in a full timeshare, it's a little less clear IMO but Singletary had a season high snap share before the by and Pierce a season low. Singletary was also more effective. But it's the best matchup and, probably the best offense of your options.

Without confidence
Pierce>Sanders>Jones

Deal:

At RB I'd have:

Thanks
Dell hasn't done enough to warrant your concerns IMO. He flashed for a hot minute and probably hurt people more chasing those points. I expect more of that from him RoS. I may actually like JSN a little more.

But to go from Mostert to Ekeler feels like it's worth the cost. But I doubt the Ekeler owner goes for it.

Good luck

Deal:

At RB I'd have:

Thanks
Dell hasn't done enough to warrant your concerns IMO. He flashed for a hot minute and probably hurt people more chasing those points. I expect more of that from him RoS. I may actually like JSN a little more.

But to go from Mostert to Ekeler feels like it's worth the cost. But I doubt the Ekeler owner goes for it.

Good luck
I don't think he'll go for it either, but it's worth a shot.

Not sure I agree on Dell. Have a feeling we're going to see him pop with R. Woods out this week and facing a poor CAR secondary. Stroud is no slouch. Think both Dell and Njigba could be flex worthy the remainder of the year.

Aaron Jones vs Vikes
Pierce @ Panthers
Sanders vs Texans
Flowers @ Cards

• Aaron Jones vs Vikes
    RB19 12.9 | RB23 10.7
  • Pierce @ Panthers
    RB25 10.4 | RB36 8.2
  • Sanders vs Texans
    RB34 9.3 |RB30 9.3
  • Flowers @ Cards
    WR17 14.8 | WR14 15.2
  • Hollywood Brown vs Ravens
    WR 34 12.0 | WR34 12.2

Thought this one was rather obvious (to me) but decided to sanity check it with a couple of trusted unnamed/unlinked sources (Joe B frowns on me referring directly to competitors work here.)

Go with the wideouts in the highest O/U of the three games you are looking at.

If you have angst, swap out Brown for Aaron Jones as he might be fully healthy and ready for more work in an important divisional game. Pack needs a get right game and might lean on their veteran RB.

But personally I like the receivers here.

Good luck!

Deal:

At RB I'd have:

Thanks,

Good luck

Not sure I agree on Dell. Have a feeling we're going to see him pop with R. Woods out this week and facing a poor CAR secondary. Stroud is no slouch. Think both Dell and Njigba could be flex worthy the remainder of the year.

Sorry, I was under the impression he countered with Dell and that was on the table.

Most rookie WRs will be inconsistent. The ones who aren't generally aren't being included in midseason deals.

Love Dell, who doesn't love seeing little guys succeed in the big man's game. But he's always going to have a couple things going against him: press man, jamming his release (not a concern this week) and durability. JSN was the most natural, fluid receiver in the draft and he's been getting smoked by Addison, but I still think the cream rises to the top, love the talent.

Deal:

At RB I'd have:

Thanks,

Good luck

Sorry, I was under the impression he countered with Dell and that was on the table.

Most rookie WRs will be inconsistent. The ones who aren't generally aren't being included in midseason deals.

Love Dell, who doesn't love seeing little guys succeed in the big man's game. But he's always going to have a couple things going against him: press man, jamming his release (not a concern this week) and durability. JSN was the most natural, fluid receiver in the draft and he's been getting smoked by Addison, but I still think the cream rises to the top, love the talent.

Good point on press coverage. And wouldn't you know, this week, HOU faces a CAR secondary that uses press coverage at the lowest rate in the league. Dell's yards per route run triple when not faced with press coverage. Dell's target rate also jumps from 12.5% to 22.9% when not seeing press coverage.

Sorry...couldn't resist inserting this here.

Now back to our scheduled programming.

0.5 PPR, need flex help:
  • RB Brian Robinson vs. Eagles
  • WR Diontae Johnson vs. Jaguars
  • WR Kendrick Bourne vs. Dolphins

Also I am contemplating dropping RB Eli Mitchell and picking up TE Trey McBride. If I did, would you start Michael Mayer vs. the Lions or McBride vs. the Ravens?
I targeted Robinson in several leagues & Johnson in one. Bourne I don't have & don't know. Washington has scored over 30pts against Philly the last two games, does that continue here? No idea & this is coming from someone who started Demercado over Robinson a few weeks back.... lol... and is considering it again this week!!

Pick 2 RB's and a Flex. Full PPR

Rhamondre Stevenson at Dolphins
Dameon Pierce at Panthers
Jaylen Warren home vs Jaguars
Tyjae Spears home vs Falcons
Jeff Wilson home vs Patriots
Jerome Ford (Questionable) at Seahawks

I feel like I have cornered the market on RB3 level players

Jakobi meyers against the lions or tee Higgins against the 49ers?
PPR? Jakobi has been getting almost 10 targets per game and he has scored in 4 of the 6 games he has played. He has been playing too well to bench.

I like Higgins a lot but there are a few more unknowns around him.

Meyers>Higgins

Pick 2 RB's and a Flex. Full PPR

Rhamondre Stevenson at Dolphins
Dameon Pierce at Panthers
Jaylen Warren home vs Jaguars
Tyjae Spears home vs Falcons
Jeff Wilson home vs Patriots
Jerome Ford (Questionable) at Seahawks

I feel like I have cornered the market on RB3 level players
Tyjae isn't getting enough work IMO.

Warren is in a 45% time share with Najee but is seeing fairly consistent looks rushing and passing. Nothing exciting but he averages around 4 receptions/game and 50 yards so he has a safe floor and the ability to maybe break a longish TD. Not a great matchup though.

Pierce looks to be in a full blown timeshare now, at least he was last week when Singletary saw a season high snap share and Pierce a season low one. But he has the best matchup by far, the offensive line is healthier than it has been all season and the Texans have a decent chance of winning the game.

I got bitten by Wilson last week. IDK why he saw only 7 snaps last week and I haven't heard anything about him this week. However Mostert apparently was limited in practice but expected to play. I have no idea what that means for Wilson. Another 7 touches or maybe 17 touches and 3 TDs. He's your swing for the fences option. I have him third ATM but keep following news on Mostert and Salvon Ahmed closely and pivot if it looks like they are trending up.

Ford has made a surprising recovery. I am skeptical about his effectiveness and I don't put too much into those fancy footwork practice clips that are circulating today. Big difference between fast feet drills and hard cutting.

Rhamondre is the only option that looks like a real NFL caliber running back. He has been a huge disappointment so far but he is definitely a better talent than your other options.

Rhamondre>Pierce>Wilson>Warren>Spears>Ford

Pick 2 for full PPR

Mixon Cin at SF
Addison Min at GB
Pittman Ind v NO

Leaning Addison and Pittman as SF D scares me but maybe should reconsider. Thoughts?

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!

NYJ>Buf

ARSB>Kupp

Well yes/no the Raiders have a decent pass defense but they're a bad team. The Cowboys, not only have a better pass D but a much better scoring defense. I agree they're close choices but in these scenarios where we choose between the team playing "catch up" or the team more likely to win I opt for the latter. I just think Detroit is going to score more points than the Rams.

But the real answer is: Kupp and ARSB are both the correct choice.
Truth.....when you have to CHOOSE between those 2.....youre just showing off lol

Pick 2 for full PPR

Mixon Cin at SF
Addison Min at GB
Pittman Ind v NO

Leaning Addison and Pittman as SF D scares me but maybe should reconsider. Thoughts?
Mixon is rb 19 and not even top 25 his last 3 games....playing SF.... you have 2 top target guy in a ppr league. Im honestly not sure what there would be to reconsider? This is one of those choices that we all know COULD end up wrong but are ok with it if it actually happens. You have no real choice here.

Pick 2 for full PPR

Mixon Cin at SF
Addison Min at GB
Pittman Ind v NO

I think I have no problem with your choices. The SF D is an issue as is the fact that Mixon looks like he's lost a step. He still gets volume though and Pittman also has a tough matchup but we saw last week he can change everything in one play, I don't think Mixon has that top gear anymore.

Pick 2 for full PPR

Mixon Cin at SF
Addison Min at GB
Pittman Ind v NO

I think I have no problem with your choices. The SF D is an issue as is the fact that Mixon looks like he's lost a step. He still gets volume though and Pittman also has a tough matchup but we saw last week he can change everything in one play, I don't think Mixon has that top gear anymore.

ETA @WhatRox : I will add that I do think the Cincinnati offense is coming off a bye and is as healthy as they have been all year. If there is a team that can turn it around in a hurry it's the Bengals. A lot of Mixon's lack of success this season could be pinned on the overall dysfunction of the offense with injuries to Burrow, Higgins and the offensive line. Mixon isn't a bad play but I still probably like Pittman & Addison more because I have confidence in what they are bringing to the table as players and offenses.

Last edited:
1 PPR league, need a WR2:
Pittman v N.O.
Flowers @ ARI

My concern with Flowers is simply that Baltimore only throws the ball about 27x per game, there just isn't much urgency with such a well rounded team. Indianapolis throws about 35x per game and that is probably higher if you remove Richardson's contributions.

Downs has been rising, for sure but I still see Pittman as the #1, even the target share drops from 11 to 8-9 with Downs playing so well.

Pittman has a 10-9 target advantage inside the 10 but a 1-4 target disadvantage inside the 5.

Pittman also has the tougher matchup.

Is it definitely
Flower>Pittman???
I go Flowers every time. ARZ defense is not good.

I see Indy vs N’awlins as a low-scoring affair. If I were a betting man, I’d smash the under. NOS D also pretty good- decent against WRs with a lot of INTs. Pittman’s the guy there, but it’s a big dog eating from a mostly empty bowl, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread