What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 8
Hi Chaka - I need to sit 1 of these guys - 1/2 pt ppr. Not sure which one:

Mixon @ SF - gets so many touches!
DJ Moore @ Lac - rookie qb on the road?
Nico Collins @ Car
Flowers @ Pitt. Won't Balt. run a lot vs weak Pitt run D and not need to throw much?

Thanks in advance!

D question.

* CLE D @SEA -- CLE finally had the turnovers and a TD show up last week, but they also let Indy run wild and weren't much better against the pass. I was surprised by this. Just when I thought they were set it and forget it, nope. Now on the road. SEA has weapons, although Geno has been iffy this year. One benefit of going with CLE -- I can drop MIA with CLE facing AZ next week and attend to some other needs or take a flier on somebody.

or

* Miami D vs NE -- At home. May get Ramsey back (probably limited). NE looked more than competent on offense last week. Unsure if this is the start of a turnaround or just a blip. Their O Line is getting healthier. That said, Miami does put a lot of pressure on the QB and Mac has made poor decisions this year. NE historically not very good down in Miami.

Who do you roll with?

Thanks

Last edited:
Need a flex. PPR league.

* D. Foreman @LAC - #1 RB last week, but R. Johnson will be back and there's risk he could get game scripted out here if LAC starts to roll. Could be a R. Johnson PPR game in catchup mode. If it's a tight game, Foreman will get touches. That said, the LAC run D has been surprisingly good this year. They are worse against receiving RBs.

or

* T. Dell @CAR -- R. Woods is out and he's cleared protocol so he's locked in this week. CAR secondary is not good. They also press WRs at the lowest rate in the league and Dell's metrics are off the chart when this is the case. ESPN just produced some metric called "open rate" and Dell is one of the tops in the league. HOU should be able to move the ball, but they could lean on the run as well.

Which?

Thanks

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 8

Nico Collins @ Car
Flowers @ Pitt. Won't Balt. run a lot vs weak Pitt run D and not need to throw much?

Thanks in advance!
I definitely don't bench Nico or Flowers. Nico because he is his teams clear #1 target with, what appears to be a very good young QB. He has way too much upside and, as you point out with Flowers, Houston hasn't been able to run yet and this may be a close game (although I try not to put much value in predicting game scripts).

Flowers because he is also the clear #1 WR in his team and, as I said, I don't like to put too much stock in potential game script. I do however have no problem predicting game outcomes. Baltimore should win and winning teams score more points. If Baltimore finds themselves in a situation to run the clock down in the fourth it's because they put up a lot of points in the first, second & third. Look at it this way, Baltimore is already 30th in pass attempts (16th in yards so they're very efficient) and 3rd in rush attempts and Flowers has been a solid weekly starter in most formats. The lack of TDs has been a disappointment but the usage inside the red zone is great. I think that number will correct.

The thing about DJ is he is definitely seeing targets from Bagent, 9 last week. I do worry about the QBs ability to throw him open on mid/deep crossing routes. I didn't watch last week too closely buty guess is a lot of the targets were of hook route or stopping in a zone variety which limits the big play upside. Additionally Moore season numbers are incredibly skewed by one bonkers performance. He's been good outside of that game (and of course we all know you can't take that game away) but I wonder how much ceiling he has. Even in a good matchup. I also wonder if Khalil Mack is going to have another "remember me?" game against his other former team.

Mixon seems to have lost a step IMO. HOWEVER, he does get volume and his lack of production can easily be traced to the general inefficiency of the Bengals offense as a whole. Coming off a bye, healthier than the team has been at any point and pretty much in aust win game with, IMO the 2nd best QB in the league (apologies to Allen/Hurts/Lamar fans), things could change in a hurry for that offense. Even against the tough, but reeling, Niners. If I was speculating, it's an offense I would be buying.

I probably bench DJ

This one is pretty gross, but 16 team dynasty league, Richardson and Fields out and you have to pay a kings ransom in this league to trade for a QB:

Tyson Bagent at the Chargers or Tyrod Taylor vs the Jets?

Thanks in advance,

D question.

* CLE D @SEA -- CLE finally had the turnovers and a TD show up last week, but they also let Indy run wild and weren't much better against the pass. I was surprised by this. Just when I thought they were set it and forget it, nope. Now on the road. SEA has weapons, although Geno has been iffy this year. One benefit of going with CLE -- I can drop MIA with CLE facing AZ next week and attend to some other needs or take a flier on somebody.

or

* Miami D vs NE -- At home. May get Ramsey back (probably limited). NE looked more than competent on offense last week. Unsure if this is the start of a turnaround or just a blip. Their O Line is getting healthier. That said, Miami does put a lot of pressure on the QB and Mac has made poor decisions this year. NE historically not very good down in Miami.

Who do you roll with?

Thanks
Well you know how I feel about defenses. You have one of the best real world defenses with a great defensive line, I mean that's the unit your supposed to back.

Then again, I also believe in backing players (and units) from teams that I think are going to win.

Miami has played pretty solid in two of their last three and the both need a win and should win this game. They're a fine play.

If it was my team, I probably stick with the better real world defense and hope for the best but, really who knows? Wish I could be more helpful.

Cle>MIA

Need a flex. PPR league.

* D. Foreman @LAC - #1 RB last week, but R. Johnson will be back and there's risk he could get game scripted out here if LAC starts to roll. Could be a R. Johnson PPR game in catchup mode. If it's a tight game, Foreman will get touches. That said, the LAC run D has been surprisingly good this year. They are worse against receiving RBs.

or

* T. Dell @CAR -- R. Woods is out and he's cleared protocol so he's locked in this week. CAR secondary is not good. They also press WRs at the lowest rate in the league and Dell's metrics are off the chart when this is the case. ESPN just produced some metric called "open rate" and Dell is one of the tops in the league. HOU should be able to move the ball, but they could lean on the run as well.

Which?

Thanks
It's close with the news that Woods is out. As it's a full PPR league Dell is an interesting option. I am still not 100% sold on him as a player this season. He had a two game burst in weeks 2 & 3 and has 11 total targets in his other three games. Who is he, really? We don't know. The stats about press coverage are fascinating, I think I saw it posted in the Dell thread and it caught my eye for sure. Who pays for that data and where do they get it?

I know who Foreman is and he's a guy who produces when given the ball as a lead back. If I think he's getting 15 touches or more then I probably roll him out. The Chargers absolutely could run the Bears out of the building but I hate predicting game scripts. What I do believe is, with Bagent at QB (and even with Fields) the Bears will try to control the game on the ground as much as possible, regardless of how the game is going. I would be surprised if they let the rookie throw it 40 times, then again maybe they want to see if they have another Brock Purdy.

Tough call and really a coin toss that I will waffle on until kickoff tomorrow, you should listen to your gut on this one.

Foreman>Dell

This one is pretty gross, but 16 team dynasty league, Richardson and Fields out and you have to pay a kings ransom in this league to trade for a QB:

Thanks in advance,
I probably back the veteran here. Could be a mistake but it feels like overthinking not to.

Taylor>Bagent

Need a flex. PPR league.

or

Which?

Thanks
It's close with the news that Woods is out. As it's a full PPR league Dell is an interesting option. I am still not 100% sold on him as a player this season. He had a two game burst in weeks 2 & 3 and has 11 total targets in his other three games. Who is he, really? We don't know. The stats about press coverage are fascinating, I think I saw it posted in the Dell thread and it caught my eye for sure. Who pays for that data and where do they get it?

I know who Foreman is and he's a guy who produces when given the ball as a lead back. If I think he's getting 15 touches or more then I probably roll him out. The Chargers absolutely could run the Bears out of the building but I hate predicting game scripts. What I do believe is, with Bagent at QB (and even with Fields) the Bears will try to control the game on the ground as much as possible, regardless of how the game is going. I would be surprised if they let the rookie throw it 40 times, then again maybe they want to see if they have another Brock Purdy.

Tough call and really a coin toss that I will waffle on until kickoff tomorrow, you should listen to your gut on this one.

Foreman>Dell
Ha. It was me who posted those Dell metrics.

Found them in the Yahoo fantasy site where they linked to the data. Absolutely real.

D question.

or

Who do you roll with?

Thanks
Well you know how I feel about defenses. You have one of the best real world defenses with a great defensive line, I mean that's the unit your supposed to back.

Then again, I also believe in backing players (and units) from teams that I think are going to win.

Miami has played pretty solid in two of their last three and the both need a win and should win this game. They're a fine play.

If it was my team, I probably stick with the better real world defense and hope for the best but, really who knows? Wish I could be more helpful.

Cle>MIA
Yup. Know how you feel.

My concern with CLE is that the SEA D seems much stronger this year and with PJ Walker at the helm, there could be a lot of pressure on this D. Even a great D can crack if they're on the field constantly. Game is away as well...their 2nd straight road game. And J. Ford looks iffy.

Was fortunate last week with CLE. I got negative points for yards and points allowed, but that D finally got turnovers and a TD. Can't count on that every week.

12-team PPR. Who to start at RB2? It should have been White on Thursday but that ship has sailed.

Henderson @ DAL
Roschon @ LAC
McLaughlin vs KC
Brian Robinson vs PHI
Warren vs JAX

.5 PPR Flex

Foreman @ LAC
M. Thomas @ IND
Bourne @ MIA

Defense

NYJ vs NYG
MIA vs NE
Thomas has a 5-50 floor which is nice if you’re in need of a little production. Bourne is a boom bust guy. Foreman should get touches but not sure how many receptions. Thomas for floor and foreman for ceiling

I go with the jets defense. Miami is a solid d but patriots could garbage time themselves to sabotage a high score

Jacked one out of the park playing Gabe and I need to continue to pour it on

need 1 - .5ppr
JSN v browns (if lockett or metcalf dnp)
Rice @ Denver
Watson or Doubs v Vikings

A couple notes:

3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

On to week 8

Nico Collins @ Car

Thanks in advance!
I definitely don't bench Nico or Flowers. Nico because he is his teams clear #1 target with, what appears to be a very good young QB. He has way too much upside and, as you point out with Flowers, Houston hasn't been able to run yet and this may be a close game (although I try not to put much value in predicting game scripts).

Flowers because he is also the clear #1 WR in his team and, as I said, I don't like to put too much stock in potential game script. I do however have no problem predicting game outcomes. Baltimore should win and winning teams score more points. If Baltimore finds themselves in a situation to run the clock down in the fourth it's because they put up a lot of points in the first, second & third. Look at it this way, Baltimore is already 30th in pass attempts (16th in yards so they're very efficient) and 3rd in rush attempts and Flowers has been a solid weekly starter in most formats. The lack of TDs has been a disappointment but the usage inside the red zone is great. I think that number will correct.

The thing about DJ is he is definitely seeing targets from Bagent, 9 last week. I do worry about the QBs ability to throw him open on mid/deep crossing routes. I didn't watch last week too closely buty guess is a lot of the targets were of hook route or stopping in a zone variety which limits the big play upside. Additionally Moore season numbers are incredibly skewed by one bonkers performance. He's been good outside of that game (and of course we all know you can't take that game away) but I wonder how much ceiling he has. Even in a good matchup. I also wonder if Khalil Mack is going to have another "remember me?" game against his other former team.

Mixon seems to have lost a step IMO. HOWEVER, he does get volume and his lack of production can easily be traced to the general inefficiency of the Bengals offense as a whole. Coming off a bye, healthier than the team has been at any point and pretty much in aust win game with, IMO the 2nd best QB in the league (apologies to Allen/Hurts/Lamar fans), things could change in a hurry for that offense. Even against the tough, but reeling, Niners. If I was speculating, it's an offense I would be buying.

I probably bench DJ
I get it and totally agree with you on the first 2 But DJ has 3 serviceable games, 1 great to 10ish type game and 1 monster game. He had 8 catches for 54 yds last week against a tough LV pass D. This week he plays against a dreadful charger d who has given up 9 tds in 7 games. including tds to: cracraft, Cooks, ikhine, osborne, a whose who of nobodies. If DJ gets 8 more cathes this week I predict at least 1 will be a td. The only team that hasrun the ball well against SF all year was cleveland..... and that cincy line is no comparison to the cleveland lime. In my 1/2pt ppr league Mixons high score on th eleague was 13.50....and that was only because he scored his only td on the year then. His highest yardage of the year was 81 yards against the happless Az run defense and guess what...they are so bad this game vs Mixon was the fewest points all year they have given up to a lead back. DJ may well fall flat but he is a better start imo over mixon vs SF. Mixon would have to have his best game of the year to get to djs floor.

PPR Which Defense:

Balt vs Ariz

or

Sea vs Cle?
I mean...Baltimore.

I have more faith in the 2-0 Browns under PJ Walker.
Same here although seattle has had some nice games this year and have held their last 3 opponents to less than 200 yds offense. There are many teams out there wishing they had whowever you dont choose to play...I say Baltimore but not as much as one might assume.

D question.

or

Who do you roll with?

Thanks
I do Miami here and no Im not at all worried NE offense has somehow figured out what they are doing. Cle seems to have a decent D BUT Miami scored 9 points in a points agsinst and yards held against this same NE team earlier in the league. I would imagine most will take cleveland and that is certainly understandable but NE has givne up 4 tds already this year and tds are king in ff defenses.... give me Miami here,

need 1 - .5ppr
Rice @ Denver
dont see how you play either GB right now with any confidence/ Rice against an improving D is probably your best bet. I could be wrong but I dont think either of the sea wrs will sit...and even then you have the top wr from a team using way too many wrs vs a guy who will be wr2 if and only if someone sits.

I say start rice,

12-team PPR. Who to start at RB2? It should have been White on Thursday but that ship has sailed.

Henderson @ DAL
Roschon @ LAC
McLaughlin vs KC
Brian Robinson vs PHI
Warren vs JAX
Hendo. Rams offense and clear role. The others are ancillary pieces that need a lot to go right
Seems like you are about a week away from deciding who to start here. lol Henderson split in that backfield then got sent to the practice squad...I assume he will split with freeman again?
If Roschon had been back last week he would be the clear starter and clear ff start here. Now Im not sure what to do with him? McLaughlin is nothing more than a cuff at this point.
b rob is a clear started or is he? After last week who knows? playing philly I dont expect much. Warren is a clear 1b to harris and the pass catcher.

Last week Jax gave up 12 catches to Kamara. I guess I would be slightly inclined to start warren over Henderson wih everybody else bringing up the rear.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance,
I probably back the veteran here. Could be a mistake but it feels like overthinking not to.

Taylor>Bagent
Here goes me and my pesky matchups lol Taylor is facing a team that held both allen and mahomes to less than 20 ff points versus a guy who faces an absolutely abysmal defense that gave up 44 points to mahomes. I would start Bagent ahead of Taylor in a people who shouldnt be starting in FF battle.

RB2 Roulette in .5 PPR

Pick one.

Kareem Hunt @ Seattle
Gus Edwards @ Arizona
Darrell Henderson @ Dallas

I think I have them in that order.

Full disclosure I’ve started Gus 6 out of 7 weeks. He’s my lucky charm!

Henderson @ DAL
Roschon @ LAC
McLaughlin vs KC
Brian Robinson vs PHI
Warren vs JAX
The problem with Roschon is we just don't know what to expect. Seems like a plus matchup, seems like potential for the Bears to be passing a lot. Could be ideal. After all he had 7 targets in a blowout loss to the Packers in week one. Of course he had it two in a big loss to the Chiefs. So...we don't know anything.

Jaleel is flashing but as far as usage/snap share goes, he's Warren light. Warren has been getting a 45% snap & usage share all season and the Steelers may be surging a little on offense.

I want to say Robinson is the obvious choice but his usage has been all over the map. 10-20 touches is a broad range and if he sees 10 against the best rush defense in the league what does that translate into? Well, a TD seems possible considering he has scored in 5 of 7 games, but I hate relying on the possibility of TDs.

Which brings us to Henderson because, y'know street free agents become relevant fantasy starters in week 7 all the time, right? But, he got 20 ops last week. Only 65 yards but a TD on top didn't suck. The way the Rams are using RBs, you at least need to consider him.

Warren is probably the safest "floor" option.

Robinson is probably the "smart" play for potential volume/TD combination

Roschon is probably the upside play.

But, who to start? I'm probably choosing between Warren & Roschon.

Warren>Roschon

Thanks in advance,

Taylor>Bagent
Here goes me and my pesky matchups lol Taylor is facing a team that held both allen and mahomes to less than 20 ff points versus a guy who faces an absolutely abysmal defense that gave up 44 points to mahomes. I would start Bagent ahead of Taylor in a people who shouldnt be starting in FF battle.
That's what this thread is for. Love your best magic football life brother.

You could very easily be right. Personally, I'm starting the Jets defense and not the Chargers so...

.5 PPR Flex

Foreman @ LAC
M. Thomas @ IND
Bourne @ MIA

Defense

NYJ vs NYG
MIA vs NE
I'm going Jets on defense. They're simply more talented, better coached (IMO) and know they need to ball out for the team to stay relevant.

NYJ>MIA

Thomas is Mr. Metronome, 8 targets, 5 receptions, 50 yards with a shot at a TD. In a full PPR, he's probably the balance play, but I don't like him here. The Saints may be starting to implode, they're certainly at a pivot point and I don't want to bank.of which way they go.

Foreman, IMO is a smart play because we should expect the Bears to feed him the ball at least 15 times. When Foreman gets 15 or more touches good things happen more often than not.

But there is a strong argument for Bourne as well. I mean, he could be a 10 target guy in a game where the Patriots may need to pass the ball...40 times? But, the Pats haven't had a 300 yard game since week one. Last week Mac threw for 272 but in between weeks one and seven he averaged 178 yards and 0.4 TDs with a high of 232 yards and a low of 110 and a total of two pass TDs in those five games. Jones had zero TD passes in the three games before last week. Bottom line is Bourne could be great but it is incredibly difficult to rely on in this offense.

Foreman>Bourne>Thomas

btw if you see me thumbs up a post it means I agree with it. Its not just me liking the fact that someone asked or answered a question..... If I have a different take I will answer if I have time. Its a way of shortcutting the answering process.

Thanks in advance,

Taylor>Bagent
That's what this thread is for. Love your best magic football life brother.

You could very easily be right. Personally, I'm starting the Jets defense and not the Chargers so...
That makes sense and so would I, I just like my qb Playing against the weaker one is all.

need 1 - .5ppr
Rice @ Denver
Doubs is probably the smart choice.. maybe. He's got the right volume/TD potential, but we know his floor is low. And I do worry about Doubs and Watson vulturing each other.

Watson is a solid play for sure. We know what he can do with limited volume and we all expect him to eventually be the Packers #1 WR. But Love has turned into a real potential disaster. I think he can turn it around but his accuracy really concerns me. Still, Watson is probably a good play in the sense that he can make something happen with one play.

I really like the potential of Rice. I picked him up on my wire two weeks ago (redraft) because I love his potential as Mahomes's #1 WR. I'm really tempted to say he's the call here but he's not Tyreek Hill and I think a lot of us, even now make the mistake of thinking Mahomes can make anyone Tyreek even though we all see that Tyreek is a unicorn.

I love JSN's future, just not his present.

Watson>Doubs>Rice>JSN

RB2 Roulette in .5 PPR

Pick one.

Kareem Hunt @ Seattle
Gus Edwards @ Arizona
Darrell Henderson @ Dallas

I think I have them in that order.

Full disclosure I’ve started Gus 6 out of 7 weeks. He’s my lucky charm!
I'm 100% on the Gus train here. Lead back on a very good team in a game they should wind and, possibly (not predicting but recognizing the possibility) by a wide margin.

Gus...the others.

I never ask on here who I should start because pretty much no one cares but I really can't decide on this one I been back and forth for days on this one.
I have 7 startable RB's but can only start 4 in my PPR dynasty league. Mixon and Javonte have been eliminated from this week consideration.
The matchups are what are making this so tough to decide. Which 1 do you sit ?

Barkley vs NYJ (27th vs RB)
Gibbs vs LV (26th) no Montgomery
Pacheco at Den (32nd)
Pollard vs LAR (7th)
Swift at Wash (12th)

Impossible decision but 1 must sit who is your sit ?

Pu pu platter of ppr players. Here's how I have it:

RB- Gus Edwards @ Arizona
RB- Henderson @ Dallas
WR- CeeDee vs LA Rams
WR-Rashee Rice @ Denver
Flex- Palmer v CHI- he was a smash start but is a Sunday night "true" GTD with a knee (?!?!?!?)
Flex- Downs vs NO- 6-7 tgts seems likely

Bench:
1. Lockett v Cleveland- due for a game but Q with a hammy and a bad matchup. I'm guessing 6 targets min but might be 4/35 kinda game
2. Roschon or Foreman @ LAC- Nice to be able to move them into the lineup late. Split between the two of them in terms of who's going to have the better game.
3. Brian Robinson v Philly. Seems locked into a 50% snap ceiling and has lost quite a bit of the pie to Rodriguez and Gibson, especially in the last 2 weeks. Very troubling usage trend on a below average offense vs the worst scoring matchup for PPR running backs. Woof.
4. Jaylen Warren v Jax- meh. He's fine. 48% snap likely, Najee is getting some target share back. 7 rush/ 3 targets vs a middle of the road team.
5. Spears- v ATL- floor too low for now.

#2 SF QB

Howell or Bagent

All rankings have Howell but not feeling good about him against the improved Eagle pass D and Bagent goes against the worst pass D in the league.

Need 3 PPR

Aiyuk vs Cin
Keenan Allen vs Chi
Theilen vs Hou
Meyers vs Det?

Presently have Allen and Theilen in . Kinda deciding between Aiyuk or Meyers at Flex?

I never ask on here who I should start because pretty much no one cares but I really can't decide on this one I been back and forth for days on this one.
I have 7 startable RB's but can only start 4 in my PPR dynasty league. Mixon and Javonte have been eliminated from this week consideration.
The matchups are what are making this so tough to decide. Which 1 do you sit ?

Barkley vs NYJ (27th vs RB)
Gibbs vs LV (26th) no Montgomery
Pacheco at Den (32nd)
Pollard vs LAR (7th)
Swift at Wash (12th)

Impossible decision but 1 must sit who is your sit ?
Thanks for asking Dez. I understand that we will never get a full on long form, round table, back-and-forth discussion about all (or any) of our specific questions but I assure you this thread wouldn't exist if people didn't care.

You have a tough situation but it's also a good one because you have solid options across the board. They're all, for the most part three down RBs.

Honestly by Tuesday you may regret having eliminated Mixon from the options, even if I thank you for doing so.

The first thing I look at in these situations is who plays for the team most likely to win the game. Even more important when we're talking about the RB position. IMO, it's far more important than trying to figure out actual game scripts.

Of your options Barkley stands as the odd man out because that's the toughest game to call. Even if the Jets are 27th vs RBs. The problem of course is the increased likelihood of being on a losing team relative to your other options outweigh his seemingly locked in volume?

Pollard is a rough choice too because he really has been a disappointment. Hasn't scored since week one and a 3.9 average on the season. His volume has been a little up and down but, imo the NE & SF games he was pulled early because of the nature of those blowouts.

I'm starting Gibbs personally (over Pittman, Foreman and Ford). Great matchup on a top offense that should win. He was great in garbage time last week and should be great this week. The only downside is it looks like Frank Ragnow and guard Jonah Jackson both won't play. But that's not enough to scare me off.

Pacheco is also a starter here IMO. He may see 3-4 fewer touches than Barkley, and probably Pollard, but he still looks like an 18 opportunity RB on a great offense facing a terrible defense (even if you subtract Miami putting up 350 rush yards against them they still give up 137 rush yards/game). The scoring opportunities will be there for Pacheco.

I pretty much feel the same about Swift as I do Gibbs & Pacheco. Great offense facing a bad defense in a game they should win.

IMO this feels like a decision between Pollard & Barkley. And the bottom line for me is the Cowboys have a top 5 offense and defense and are playing a game they should win. There should be scoring opportunities. The Giants are the worst scoring offense, have a mediocre defense and are playing a 50:50 game.

Pollard>Saquon

@Chaka I sidetracked you the other day with my WDIS with inaccurate information about Purdy's concussion and Aiyuk's usage, so I am gonna throw this out again:

pick 2, ppr:

Aiyuk vs Cin
Pickens vs Jax
Olave vs Ind
No worries.

I'm definitely starting Pickens here. Good volume, good product (particular of late) and the offense may be surging a little overall.

Aiyuk doesn't quite get Olave's volume but he's been far more efficient. 4-70, 5-80 is a pretty reasonable expectation. He's on a good team, with a strong offense and they do need a win (Cincinnati needs one more, this does feel like another trap game for SF IMO). What I don't like is how everyone on offense is fighting for McCaffrey's scraps. But Aiyuk is a good play.

The question with Olave is will the Saints rally or implode after last week? Do Olave & Carr make amends on the field with big games against the #30 scoring defense? I wish I had that crystal ball because I can see anything from a 3-30-0 game to something like 9-187-3. It's probably smart to play the averages and also recognize the Saints offense really runs through Kamara.

Really tough call because I think Olave is a great talent. Then again Aiyuk has shown plenty of upside as well.

Coin toss

Aiyuk>Olave

1 PPR Flex, need 1

A. Jones- he has killed me this year, still not 100%
Pierce- is he still the starting RB, great matchup vs the Panthers weak run D
Hunt- Ford should be out and Hunt gets both receptions and goal line looks

1 PPR Flex, need 1

A. Jones- he has killed me this year, still not 100%
Pierce- is he still the starting RB, great matchup vs the Panthers weak run D
Hunt- Ford should be out and Hunt gets both receptions and goal line looks

I like hunt today...i just think he hasn't the highest floor of them all and unlike Jones he is going to 100% be used on the goalline

Hunt vs Seattle
Pierce vs Carolina
Meyers (wr) vs Det

1/2 pt ppr - 6pt tds

Thoughts appreciated
I'm going with Jakobi here. He's been borderline dominant this year with only one down game, a TD in four of six and also 10 or more targets in four of six games. At some point you just gotta roll with it and hope it keeps going.

I understand the logic of Hunt without Ford, who I assume isn't going to play. But Hunt just looks like a plodder at this point and I wonder how long PJ Walker can lead this team to victories? Maybe he's that good of a game manager but I don't believe yet. The big point in Hunt's favor is the Browns don't seem to trust Walker to pass the ball near the goal line so he should get an opportunity for another TD. But I question his ability to do much else with that passing game behind him.

I like to think this week Pierce finally turns his season around. The team is healthy, coming off a bye facing a lesser opponent. But, I think you have a better option (safer at least) so I would probably wait and see if Pierce does turn it around or if he's really in a full time share with Singletary.

Jakobi>Hunt>Pierce

2nd one for my other league

Henderson jr vs dallas
Pierce vs Car

1/2 pt ppr
Personally I'd risk it with Pierce. Henderson got fine usage last week but he also showed why he was a street free agent with a fairly plodding performance. The Rams have played much tougher than any of us expected and they have been using their RBs effectively but this matchup is pretty daunting.

The Texans are as healthy on the o-line as they have been all season and the Panthers haven't been very good. I think I take the risk here and hope Pierce starts to round into the RB we thought we saw last season.

Pierce>Henderson

1 pt PPR

Henry v ATL
AJones v MIN
Well, Jones doesn't have an injury designation but do we believe it? If we do, I probably start him in a must win game (and winnable) game.

If we don't believe it I start Henry on a Tennessee team that seems to know their season is over, even if they won't fully commit to the fire sale (allegedly). With the QB rotation coming we should expect a heavy dose of Henry and Spears this week. You should never doubt Henry but I don't like the vibe coming from Tennessee at all and the Falcons have been very strong in defense and seem to be able to make other teams play ugly football.

Jones>Henry

Users who are viewing this thread