What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 8

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week my downward spiral continued; I went 18-26-4 :bag: and the randbetween managed 20-24-4

On the season I hold a slim one game edge 214-225-18 and the randbetween is 213-226-22

Let the pain continue

I have question about my flex spot this week but, until we know the status of David Montgomery there is no point in asking.

Full PPR
WR2
Pittman v NO
Flowers @ ARI
J.Palmer v CHI
R.Rice @ DEN

I think I should continue to ride Pittman but all of them have strong arguments in favor.

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!

0.5 PPR, need flex help:
  • RB Brian Robinson vs. Eagles
  • WR Diontae Johnson vs. Jaguars
  • WR Kendrick Bourne vs. Dolphins

Also I am contemplating dropping RB Eli Mitchell and picking up TE Trey McBride. If I did, would you start Michael Mayer vs. the Lions or McBride vs. the Ravens?

.5 PPR

Need 1 WR and a Flex

Lamb vs LAR(seems like the play)
Lockett vs CLV
Cooper @ SEA
Hunt @ SEA
Stevenson @ MIA
Moss vs NE

.5 PPR

Need to throw one back
Nakua @ DAL
Waddle vs NE
Higgens vs SF
Collins @ CAR

Thanks and I’ll hang up and listen.

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!
No real distinction between Buffalo & NJ IMO but I have been trying to go against the NYG whenever I can. The Bucs aren't very good but they have a better offensive line than the Giants by a good margin.

NYJ>Buf

I like Kupp a lot of course but since it's not a PPR league I have to consider TDs and yards where I think ARSB has an edge, albeit very small, it's also a better matchup for ARSB. Super close call

ARSB>Kupp

It is a somewhat difficult call on RB but I think, at this point Jacobs needs to be on the bench. These are three of the worst scoring offenses in the league and Jacobs has been the biggest disappointment. It's really a tough call but, particularly in a non-PPR I bench Jacobs.

0.5 PPR, need flex help:

Also I am contemplating dropping RB Eli Mitchell and picking up TE Trey McBride. If I did, would you start Michael Mayer vs. the Lions or McBride vs. the Ravens?
I probably bench Robinson here. He deserves consideration because of the TDs but his workload has been terrible, now Chris Rodriguez is eating into it as well. Plus the Commanders just look like a total disaster at this point. The Eagles still have a daunting run defense as well (best in the league in Att & Yards, 5th in TDs and Y/A).

I guess I can see Bourne as he appears to be getting some volume and there isn't really anything wrong with rolling him out this week. However I like Johnson more as a player, by a good margin. He has a great matchup at home and his team is far more stable. Bourne could eat for sure but I don't trust that team nearly as much ATM.

Diontae>Bourne

ETA: @RaidersAreOne , I would not start Mayer. McBride should see an increased workload with Ertz out and the Raiders have just been bad.

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!
No real distinction between Buffalo & NJ IMO but I have been trying to go against the NYG whenever I can. The Bucs aren't very good but they have a better offensive line than the Giants by a good margin.

NYJ>Buf

I like Kupp a lot of course but since it's not a PPR league I have to consider TDs and yards where I think ARSB has an edge, albeit very small, it's also a better matchup for ARSB. Super close call

ARSB>Kupp

It is a somewhat difficult call on RB but I think, at this point Jacobs needs to be on the bench. These are three of the worst scoring offenses in the league and Jacobs has been the biggest disappointment. It's really a tough call but, particularly in a non-PPR I bench Jacobs.
If I start ARSB at WR, would you start Kupp over Barkley at FLEX in a standard scoring league. Both have tough matchups (Kupp with Dallas and Barkley with the Jets)?

Flex 1/2 PPR:

Rice vs Den
Bourne vs MIA
Real coin toss. Difficult to bench Rice here IMO. It's a great matchup, his snap share is increasing and he got his first start last week. He also has a much better QB throwing him the ball.

Bourne will likely see more targets and he isn't a bad option here, as these are very speculative situations, but I think I back Mahomes & the Chiefs offense here.

Rice>Bourne

Standard Scoring

Pick 1 RB -
Barkley vs Jets
JJacobs @ Det
Henry vs Atl

Pick 1 WR -
Kupp @ Dallas
ARSB vs LV

Pick 1 D/ST -
Buffalo vs TB
NYJ @ NYG

Thanks for the help!

NYJ>Buf

ARSB>Kupp

If I start ARSB at WR, would you start Kupp over Barkley at FLEX in a standard scoring league. Both have tough matchups (Kupp with Dallas and Barkley with the Jets)?
First off, I misread your post a little. I thought you needed to decide which RB to bench, not which one to start. Simply based on matchups, usage and effectiveness this season I like
Saquon>Henry>Jacobs

So I imagine the question is would I start Kupp over Henry and I absolutely would.

And I would probably start him over Saquon too, but it's closer.

.5 PPR

Need 1 WR and a Flex

Lockett vs CLV
Cooper @ SEA
Hunt @ SEA
Stevenson @ MIA
Moss vs NE

.5 PPR

Need to throw one back
Nakua @ DAL
Waddle vs NE
Higgens vs SF
Collins @ CAR

Absolutely Lamb. 100% and without hesitation. Disappointing season for sure but he's the best of that bunch.

When you say, "throw one back" do you mean you need to cut one of those guys?

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE of the following:

T.Lockett vs Cleve
D.Schultz @ Car
L.Thomas vs Phi

And one more:
Need ONE of the following if DK Metclaf is out:

A.Mattison @ GB
D.Pierce @ Car

.5 PPR

Need 1 WR and a Flex

Lockett vs CLV
Cooper @ SEA
Hunt @ SEA
Stevenson @ MIA
Moss vs NE

.5 PPR

Need to throw one back
Nakua @ DAL
Waddle vs NE
Higgens vs SF
Collins @ CAR

Absolutely Lamb. 100% and without hesitation. Disappointing season for sure but he's the best of that bunch.

Not cut, sit

I’ve also got C Watson as my #5

0.5 PPR, need flex help:

I probably bench Robinson here. He deserves consideration because of the TDs but his workload has been terrible, now Chris Rodriguez is eating into it as well. Plus the Commanders just look like a total disaster at this point. The Eagles still have a daunting run defense as well (best in the league in Att & Yards, 5th in TDs and Y/A).

I guess I can see Bourne as he appears to be getting some volume and there isn't really anything wrong with rolling him out this week. However I like Johnson more as a player, by a good margin. He has a great matchup at home and his team is far more stable. Bourne could eat for sure but I don't trust that team nearly as much ATM.

Diontae>Bourne

ETA: @RaidersAreOne , I would not start Mayer. McBride should see an increased workload with Ertz out and the Raiders have just been bad.
Appreciate the help! I agree with everything you said. I had Diontae in there and will keep him.

Regarding Mayer, I added McBride and will be starting him over Mayer now. Fingers crossed!

Bench two from my flex, PPR:
Metcalf or K Walker vs browns
D Johnson vs jags
M Evans @ Buffalo

Leaning towards benching DK and DJ.

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

T.Lockett vs Cleve
D.Schultz @ Car
L.Thomas vs Phi

And one more:
Need ONE of the following if DK Metclaf is out:

A.Mattison @ GB
D.Pierce @ Car
I think, in FFPC scoring you need to ride Schultz until he gives you a reason not to. With Lockett you do need to consider that any given week could be an explosion game but, he has been very inconsistent and maybe we need to consider that he has lost a step.

Thomas is also fine but that team is a disaster.

Cam Akers is certainly a concern for Mattison now but Pierce was outsnapped by Singletary last game. The offensive line is getting better in Houston (healthier at least) and the matchup is great and a game Houston should win. But this game and the GB v Minn game are very tight.

Honestly I don't think there is much you can do to parse between Mattison & Pierce but I might be a little more willing to gamble on Pierce for one more game. But, neither is a savory option.

Pierce>Mattison

I'm in QB hell w/ Fields out, and need a win...
4pts per pass TD, 25yds per pt, -1pt per INT
Pick one:
Jordan Love vs MIN
Sam Howell vs PHI
Gardner Minshew vs NO
Josh Dobbs @ BAL

.5 PPR

Need 1 WR and a Flex

Lockett vs CLV
Cooper @ SEA
Hunt @ SEA
Stevenson @ MIA
Moss vs NE

.5 PPR

Need to throw one back
Nakua @ DAL
Waddle vs NE
Higgens vs SF
Collins @ CAR

Not cut, sit

I’ve also got C Watson as my #5
Gotcha. I mean it's a total crap shoot and I think you know it. I think Nakua is a lock and probably Collins. Between Waddle & Higgins, as much as I don't like betting against Burrow I think Waddle was playing a little better his last two games than Higgens before the bye. It's a thin premise but with a tough game on the road I think I lean with Waddle & home cooking.

Waddle>Higgins

Bench two from my flex, PPR:
Metcalf or K Walker vs browns
D Johnson vs jags
M Evans @ Buffalo

Leaning towards benching DK and DJ.
Walker is an auto start IMO.

And, I agree Evans just looks like the first, second & third read for Baker and is playing at a very high level. It's a crud matchup on the road but, with DK still apparently dinged up and facing an equally bad matchup I like Evans as well.

Bench Metcalf & Diontae

I'm in QB hell w/ Fields out, and need a win...
4pts per pass TD, 25yds per pt, -1pt per INT
Pick one:
Jordan Love vs MIN
Sam Howell vs PHI
Gardner Minshew vs NO
Josh Dobbs @ BAL
I mean, it's Minshew, right? Totally chasing points but he has also been pretty darn consistent in his 27 career starts. He averages 22-36-254 (63%) with 2 TD and 1 INT per game. He also averages 4 rushes for 19 yards. It's not a great matchup but I like his consistency.

Howell has a good matchup on paper but how can we have faith in him at this point? The line is the worst in the league and/or he is the worst at getting rid of the ball, the team looks to be in total disarray as well. Feels like there is too much downside and probably not more upside than your other options.

I think the Arizona era of spunky, surprisingly strong play is over (there was one?). It's a tough matchup, he has three games with 0 TD passes, 4 games with under 200 yards passing. He does have two rush TDs and averages about 33 on the ground but that isn't enough to make up for the downside.

I might consider Love. The team shouldn't be as bad as it has been, I don't think but maybe I am thinking wrong. The Minnesota pass defense is much stronger then they seem on paper. Outside the Chargers game they have shut down every QB they played. Only Hurts & Purdy are truly credible but is Love credible? He does have multiple TDs in 5 of 6 games but he's a 57% completion guy averaging 210 yards per game.

Minshew>Love>Howell>Dobbs

I have question about my flex spot this week but, until we know the status of David Montgomery there is no point in asking.

Full PPR
WR2
Pittman v NO
Flowers @ ARI
J.Palmer v CHI
R.Rice @ DEN

I think I should continue to ride Pittman but all of them have strong arguments in favor.
Pittman is going to have Lattimore on him. And I don't trust Minshew.

I would go with Flowers, but Palmer is intriguing.

0.5 PPR - Need 3 of these to start:

Puka Nacua at Dallas
Nico Collins at Carolina
Calvin Ridley at Pittsburgh
Josh Downs vs New Orleans
Jaylen Warren vs Jacksonville
Pierre Strong at Seattle

Leaning top 3, but Ridley vs Downs is making me bonkers. Ridley with a better matchup and possible bounce back or Downs coming off a career best game where the outside WR's are facing a tough matchup.

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week my downward spiral continued; I went 18-26-4 :bag: and the randbetween managed 20-24-4

On the season I hold a slim one game edge 214-225-18 and the randbetween is 213-226-22

Let the pain continue
You gave me solid advice last week. take that for what its worth

Full PPR
WR2
Pittman v NO
Flowers @ ARI
J.Palmer v CHI
R.Rice @ DEN

Out of those Teams, Arizona is most generous to WRs yds. And Lamar has been on fire and Flowers is his favorite WR. Pittman is probably the most talented but his QB situation is inconsistent. So I'd lean to Flowers but you are right, they are all kinda close and its a bit of a grab bag.

Full PPR
WR2
Pittman v NO
Flowers @ ARI
J.Palmer v CHI
R.Rice @ DEN

Ride Pittman even against a tough Saints defense, huh? I say yes. The others have low floors and uncertainties surround them, especially Palmer and Rice.

I'd roll with Pittman > Flowers > Rice > Palmer.

Puka Nacua at Dallas
Nico Collins at Carolina
Pierre Strong at Seattle

Leaning top 3, but Ridley vs Downs is making me bonkers. Ridley with a better matchup and possible bounce back or Downs coming off a career best game where the outside WR's are facing a tough matchup.
I'd feel pretty solid putting in the top three. Ridley hasn't had the season I thought he would but he's got a good matchup and he's talented. Strong and Warren....there's not enough track record to supplant the other guys. Downs had a good week last week, mostly based on a long touchdown catch but he has been getting targets. I'd still play Ridley this week and If Downs has a big week again, re-evaluate that hierarchy.

Puka Nacua at Dallas
Nico Collins at Carolina
Pierre Strong at Seattle

First of all, out of those options, I would say Downs as your WR3. Not sure I totally trust him, but I know I don't trust Ridley.

Second, not saying this to pick on you, but something I've noticed with a lot of these posts: It's a lot easier for you to understand your choice, and for others to offer advice, if you boil it down to the specific dilemma you're facing.

In your case, it sounds like you're clearly going to start Puka and Nico, so why even list them? You could say, "I'm deciding between Ridley and Downs. I also have Warren and Strong as options."

Again, this isn't meant as a complaint. I think phrasing it that way will help you and others in similar situations gain clarity on your choice.

The theme this week is "Start your studs?!?!?!" In other words, how much do I trust big names that are underperforming?

Let's dispense with a couple easy ones. I'm sticking with Ekeler over Breece and Walker a) because of his ceiling and b) I have him in an 8-teamer I co-manage with my 8-year-old, so it's not worth spending a lot of time on.

In terms of leagues I care about, sticking with Burrow even though I'm a little worried about the matchup because Purdy is coming off two stinkers and may be out with a concussion.

So here are the real dilemmas:

PPR
AJones vs. Minn
Javonte vs KC

Leaning Javonte here because it feels like Jones is way less than 100% and rather than telling us or holding him out, the Packers keep running him out there in a secondary role. Javonte has a lower ceiling but at least I know he's his team's RB1.

Non-PPR
Higgins @ SF
Diontae vs Jax

Higgins was my second round pick, but outside of one week he sure hasn't played like it. Honestly not sure what to make of him at this point. Are they phasing him out because he's probably gone next year? Do Burrow's struggles make it impossible for Cinci to support two fantasy-relevant WRs? Does the reason matter if he's not producing? I honestly have no idea.

Meanwhile, DJ looked good in his first week back, but with no PPR and his positive TD regression still waiting to kick in, does he have much of a ceiling? Still probably leaning his way.

In both cases, I feel like if I bench my studs and they stink, I'll feel vindicated, and if I bench them and they go off, I'll be momentarily bummed but at least feel good about them moving forward

Let the pain continue

Hi Chaka -

We are 1/2 point ppr, 12 team league. We start: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 TE, 1 Flex (Rb,Wr,Te) -
(I'm starting Mahomes at QB, Goedert at TE)

I need best starters from these guys:

Rb: Kamara (Start), Mixon @ SF, Mattison/Akers @ GB, Stevenson @ Mia, Strong @ Sea
Wr: Collins @ Car, G Davis hm TB, Z Flowers @ AZ, DJ Moore @ LAC, C Ridley @ Pitt

So I' need my 2nd RB starter, Top 2 Wr's starters and then best overall at Flex.

I'd like to start a Rb @ GB but can't trust Matty - be great if Akers was the starter, Mixon vs a pissed off SF doesn't feel right. That leaves Stevenson by default?
Leaning DJ Moore and Z Flowers but Nico is back vs Car. Could start all 3 of these Wr's, that would leave me with only 2 Rb starters -

Tough choices - would appreciate your advice, Thanks!

.5 PPR.

Need 4 WR's, 2 locks : Puka, DAdams

which two:

Waddle - hasn't done much, sore back, no Hill, NE can zero him out
Aiyuk vs CIN - Darnold, but who knows, maybe Darnold knows he can actually rely on him vs what Purdy had shown in the 2nd half Monday night.
Flowers vs ARZ - right now he's in for me, pencilled not inked. Arz runs mostly zone and Flowers kills zone. I also have Lamar (and Andrews), so could see some nice stacking.
Nico vs CAR - also pencilled in - coming off bye and CJ wanting to put on a good performance to the team that passed on him.
Diontae J vs JAX - good showing 1st game back....not the week I think to start him.

Puka Nacua at Dallas
Nico Collins at Carolina
Pierre Strong at Seattle

I'm completely good with Nacua & Collins.

Calvin is probably the smart choice even if he has been a disappointment on some levels so far this season. Third on the Jaguars in targets is something no one expected but he has had 7 or more targets in five of seven games with two 100 yard games and two games with a TD. Honestly, on some levels he is benchable a this point but the Steelers represent a good matchup for opposing WRs and your other options are, maybe more speculative...almost.

Downs is probably the only other one I would consider. He has had a nice run of production over the last three games and maybe he is on the rise a little bit. He is still the #2 to Pittman but the gap has narrowed. I am a little hesitant to go all in on him but on the course of the season Downs has one fewer target (47-48), six more catches (33-27), 33 more yards (401-368) and the same number of TDs (2-2) as Ridley.

I think I probably give Ridley one more week because of the matchup but it's definitely close.

Ridley>Downs

Standard scoring just need one from the following:

Aiyuk vs Bengals
N.Collins @ Panthers
D.Foreman @ Chargers
J.Addison @ Packers

All feel very similar in potential to me.

Thanks

Aiyuk vs Bengals
N.Collins @ Panthers
D.Foreman @ Chargers
J.Addison @ Packers

Thanks
This is tough. I would stay away from Aiyuk if Purdy is out. I have a feeling that CHI will need to score a lot to keep up with LAC, so I don't think this a Foreman game. Collins and Addison are strong starts, you can go either way, but.........................................

I think I go with the hot hand and start Addison.

:oldunsure:
If Darnold starts against cincy do you start him over Carr @ind? Superflex
Tempting and it's definitely close enough to consider. Darnold isn't quite as bad as everyone makes out and could be a lot better under Shanahan.

Carr has been very below average this season. He has more games with 0 TDs than multiple TDs (2-1) and as many games under 200 yards passing as over 300 (3-3). He also brings nothing with his mobility.

Darnold is a bit of an unknown but he has the physical tools to be a starter in the NFL. The Niners have, by far, the best offensive talent he has ever played with and the best coaching he has ever received.

It's a risk but, yes I think
Darnold>Carr

PPR
AJones vs. Minn
Javonte vs KC

Leaning Javonte here because it feels like Jones is way less than 100% and rather than telling us or holding him out, the Packers keep running him out there in a secondary role. Javonte has a lower ceiling but at least I know he's his team's RB1.
Jones was DNP yesterday but Wednesday is also the typical veteran rest day that has become very common over the last five years. Generally I ignore it when I see a veteran player as DNP on a Wednesday.

If he is a full participant today & tomorrow we have a much tougher decision here. On a per touch basis Jones had a fine performance last week, but still clearly hindered or he would have seen more than 13 opportunities and a 36% snap share.

Javonte had a better performance per touch last week than Jones and he saw 19 opportunities and a 53% snap share. He may not be the 60%+ snap share guy we all thought he may become before the knee but, I think (hope, pray) Payton recognizes he is their best option at the position and provides him the best chance to win. The downside is the Chiefs have a very effective run defense on paper but a lot of that can be attributed to having the #6 scoring offense (#2 in yardage). Teams just don't run on KC much (5th in attempts). The plus side is they are only 26th in y/a so Javonte should have some opportunity to do some work for a little bit. He is also effective as a receiver. You would think, with his size he would be the GL back but Jaleel has a 4-1 advantage on carries inside the 10 and 2-1 inside the 5. The reality is Payton isn't using his RBs much inside the 5.

ATM
Javonte>Jones

Non-PPR
Higgins @ SF
Diontae vs Jax

Higgins was my second round pick, but outside of one week he sure hasn't played like it. Honestly not sure what to make of him at this point. Are they phasing him out because he's probably gone next year? Do Burrow's struggles make it impossible for Cinci to support two fantasy-relevant WRs? Does the reason matter if he's not producing? I honestly have no idea.

Meanwhile, DJ looked good in his first week back, but with no PPR and his positive TD regression still waiting to kick in, does he have much of a ceiling? Still probably leaning his way.

In both cases, I feel like if I bench my studs and they stink, I'll feel vindicated, and if I bench them and they go off, I'll be momentarily bummed but at least feel good about them moving forward
Yeah, Higgins has bee a big disappointment but you can't predict injury and his injury has clearly hindered him. It's the most frustrating kind of injury too because it keeps him in and out of the lineup. I don't see any practice reports from yesterday, and we can get a better feel when we see something from today & tomorrow. If he's a full go you have a good decision on your hands. Teams throw against the Niners, a lot but they're actually pretty good at limiting yardage and great at preventing pass TDs (last Monday notwithstanding). Now they haven't exactly played a bunch of top passing teams (Kenny Pickett, Daniel Jones, Joshua Dobbs, PJ Walker) and haven't faced anything like Burrow/Chase/Higgins.

Teams actually throw more against Jacksonville than the Niners, but Jacksonville has given up a bunch more yards (352) than SF and three more TDs (10-7). And they gave up 280 to Stroud, 310 to Minshew and 295 to Carr so there is some hope Pickett can squeeze a bit more than his normal 220 & 1 performance.

Yeah there are a lot of moving parts here and I'm having trouble landing comfortably on one position. When push comes to shove IF Higgins is a full go today & tomorrow coming off two weeks rest I am going to roll with Burrow. Diontae & Higgins are similarly talented but Burrow>>>>>>>>>>Pickett

Higgins>Diontae

.5 ppr

Gabe Davis vs TB
C Watson vs MN
Doubs vs MN
JSN vs CLE (assuming Metcalf sits)
Gabe Davis is one of my most hated players to try and predict. He is the most TD dependent player I think I have ever seen. He scores a TD in over 40% of his career games played but if he doesn't score he isn't likely to make up for it with an 8-90 day, it will be more like 2-24. And you have to make the decision on him tonight, ugh.

The good news is if you decide to sit Davis both Watson & DK were full go in practice yesterday, so they're both on track to play. If DK is full go today & tomorrow I probably start him because Watson & Doubs cap each other a little bit. If Watson was trending out I would be comfortable with Doubs as well. Although I don't like much about the Green Bay passing game right now. After a scorching first two games Love has 4 TD passes in his last 4 games, averaging 216 yards and 59% completions. Playing Watson is praying for the big play, certainly a possibility but if you want that why not roll with Gabe?

So, where we stand right now, IMO, is DK v Davis. I think they represent similar risks & rewards so it's a gut call. Davis is averaging 5 targets for 3-50-.6 and DK is at a shade over 6 targets for 4-67-.4, factor in Allen>Geno and Cle>TB and maybe the right choice is Davis. I have real trouble endorsing that call with any confidence.

Let's keep following the practice reports but, ATM
Davis>DK

PPR league with bonus points for TDs longer than 40(+5) and 50(+10) yards.

I need to pick 2: (combo of WR2 and Flex) - bolded are currently in the lineup
  • J. Warren vs. Jax
  • R. Rice @ Den
  • C. Ridley @ Pitt
  • R. Doubs vs. Minn
  • R. Shaheed @ Ind.

Another one:
FFPC scoring:

B.Aiyuk vs Cinn
Z.Flowers @ AZ
D.Goedert @ Wash

And one more:
FFPC scoring:
Need TWO of the following:

A.Mattison @ GB
T.Lockett(if healthy) vs Cleve
C.Samuel(if healthy) vs Phi
S.Moore(if Lockett and Samuel are dinged) @ Den

Let the pain continue

Hi Chaka -

We are 1/2 point ppr, 12 team league. We start: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 TE, 1 Flex (Rb,Wr,Te) -
(I'm starting Mahomes at QB, Goedert at TE)

I need best starters from these guys:

Rb: Kamara (Start), Mixon @ SF, Mattison/Akers @ GB, Stevenson @ Mia, Strong @ Sea
Wr: Collins @ Car, G Davis hm TB, Z Flowers @ AZ, DJ Moore @ LAC, C Ridley @ Pitt

So I' need my 2nd RB starter, Top 2 Wr's starters and then best overall at Flex.

I'd like to start a Rb @ GB but can't trust Matty - be great if Akers was the starter, Mixon vs a pissed off SF doesn't feel right. That leaves Stevenson by default?
Leaning DJ Moore and Z Flowers but Nico is back vs Car. Could start all 3 of these Wr's, that would leave me with only 2 Rb starters -

Tough choices - would appreciate your advice, Thanks!
Hi PM,

Would you mind paring this down for me a little in the future? For example, Mattison/Akers isn't really an option unless one of them is out, right? Probably not Strong either unless we hear Hunt is trending to be out (ATM missing a Wednesday practice = veteran rest day as much as anything). So, until we get an update on Hunt it's a choice between Mixon & Rhamondre, isn't it?

When it comes to those two, I agree that Mixon doesn't feel like a strong play against that Niners defense, not because they're "pissed off" (weren't they even more so after losing to PJ Walker and the Browns?) but because Mixon has been very underwhelming so far this season. He very much looks to have lost a step.

Rhamondre hasn't been great, to be sure, but the Dolphins defense isn't great and the game script should favor Rhamondre's receiving, which is where he excels.

For your WRs I can see how it is more complicated and I do think you may have missed a bit on your logic. I think Nico & Zay should be your first options and then you need to consider everything else.

That puts us into discussion of the flex option: DJ would be a lock in a full PPR but I have just a touch of hesitation in anything less. He is probably the right call facing, what has been a terrible Chargers defense (28th or worse in attempts, yards, TDs & net yards/attempt. And they're 25th in scoring defense) but, do we really have any confidence in Tyler? Tyrone? Tyson? That Bagent guy? And on the road? Maybe.

I could see Davis if you want to shoot for that monster game. He's at home, they freed up 4 targets/game with Knox out, the TB pass D isn't very good, the Bills are a pass first offense, as well as being the #3 scoring team in the league and they very much need to win this game to keep pace in the division and conference. Believe it or not they are currently the #7 seed in the AFC. Davis may be the "right" call here, at least as a calculated risk where everyone else has just as much downside and probably not as much upside.

At this point Ridley has to be viewed skeptically. He's third on the team in targets and clearly the offense is built around distributing the ball so his likelihood of a monster game seems relatively low. The Steelers are a good matchup though so, he isn't entirely unplayable. Still, IMO, when given other options I think it's time to let Ridley prove it for a week or two before simply rolling him out there.

Yeah this comes down to DJ v Davis for me. A classic upside vs safe play. I am feeling a bit like a risk taker on this one.

Davis>DJ

.5 PPR.

Need 4 WR's, 2 locks : Puka, DAdams

which two:

Waddle - hasn't done much, sore back, no Hill, NE can zero him out
Aiyuk vs CIN - Darnold, but who knows, maybe Darnold knows he can actually rely on him vs what Purdy had shown in the 2nd half Monday night.
Flowers vs ARZ - right now he's in for me, pencilled not inked. Arz runs mostly zone and Flowers kills zone. I also have Lamar (and Andrews), so could see some nice stacking.
Nico vs CAR - also pencilled in - coming off bye and CJ wanting to put on a good performance to the team that passed on him.
Diontae J vs JAX - good showing 1st game back....not the week I think to start him.
Flowers & Nico and I don't think much about it.

They're all good choices for sure, so any combo will work and you should roll out with similar confidence.

But Nico & Zay are first reads in their respective offenses in games their teams should win and they're both playing great. They come with the fewest question marks IMO.

Aiyuk vs Bengals
N.Collins @ Panthers
D.Foreman @ Chargers
J.Addison @ Packers

Thanks
Honestly, I think it's Addison by a good margin. Kid is a TD machine. He's been Cris Carter reincarnated, all he does is catch TDs. He has a TD, or more, in 5 of 7 games. The Packers are pretty good against the pass but, part of that has to do with them being very poor against the run and the Vikings can't/don't/won't run. Also, if I heard correctly, the Packers just sent two safeties to IR and that team is already reeling. The Vikings may be in for a let down and the Packers may turn it around against a division rival but I probably don't overthink this one. In O'Connel's offense with Cousins under center I'll take the Vikings #1 WR.

If you have any hesitation I also like Collins plenty this week.

Same issue this week. Need a win.

Defense BUF vs TB or KC at DEN?
Buffalo is desperate for a win and TB may be coming apart at the seams a little bit. But mostly Buffalo really, really needs to win to keep pace with Miami, KC, BAL & the Jags. Heck they're behind Cleveland & Pittsburgh in the standings ATM.

The Broncos will lose, most likely, but they can score a little more and move the ball a little better than the Buccaneers. They do turn over the ball more, but Wilson & Mayfield both have 4 INTs and I think fumbles (7 for the Broncos to 2 for the Bucs) are less predictable.

BUF>KC

PPR league with bonus points for TDs longer than 40(+5) and 50(+10) yards.

I need to pick 2: (combo of WR2 and Flex) - bolded are currently in the lineup
  • J. Warren vs. Jax
  • R. Rice @ Den
  • C. Ridley @ Pitt
  • R. Doubs vs. Minn
  • R. Shaheed @ Ind.
I think Warren has to be the option here. He didn't see as many touches as normal last week but he is still pretty much in a 45:55 time share with Najee.

I would think that means I like Doubs more than Shaheed because of snap share but Shaheed has been trending up and has actually played more snaps than Doubs over the last three games (166-152) because the Packers simply don't run as many plays as the Saints. Doubs has 22 targets over his last three games, but three weeks ago vs DET he had 13 (Watson's first game back) he has 4 & 5 over the last two. Shaheed has 16 over his last three but 6 & 8 over his last two. Doubs sees more action in the red zone on the season (10-3 targets and 5-1 inside the five) but I am not sure if & how much that changes with Watson in the lineup. Ultimately Doubs probably has a safer floor and maybe is a safer bet to hit his average (both Doubs & Shaheed have 63 points on the season in my PPR league). But...

Shaheed>Doubs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread