What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 rankings / 5-second primer LB issue (1 Viewer)

J Giles Band

Footballguy
Went to the week 1 landing page and 5-second primer for the first time today and the LB position is blank. No rankings at all. DL and DB are fine.

Sent a support ticket to FBG's already, but anyone else experiencing this?

Went to the week 1 landing page and 5-second primer for the first time today and the LB position is blank. No rankings at all. DL and DB are fine.

Sent a support ticket to FBG's already, but anyone else experiencing this?
yep. I have DL and DB listed but nothing for LB at all.

I logged into 5-second primer and encountered missing LBs as well, @junglefan . I reloaded my roster, and that seemed to resolve it. Not sure why the hiccup. Our tech guys are quick to tackle issues. This one's prolly elusive since it's hit or miss.

Mine was fine, but I'm still annoyed at all of the Sleeper LB/DEs being listed with LBs. Every time I check for one of my leagues, it tells me to sit Josh Allen and pick up a free agent to start at DE.

Have you tried reloading your roster, @Tick ? Josh Allen shows up as a DE in mine. Most of the players labeled "LB, DE" are grouped with DEs at FBG. (There are a few who are legit off-ball LBs.)

Have you tried reloading your roster, @Tick ? Josh Allen shows up as a DE in mine. Most of the players labeled "LB, DE" are grouped with DEs at FBG. (There are a few who are legit off-ball LBs.)
I just tried deleting and reloading the league, no change. It’s still telling me to bench Josh Allen LB (15.5 projection) for FA Mike Danna (13.45 projection).

It has my other Sleeper league the same way - these guys are listed with only LBs: Zadarius Smith, Harold Landry, Rashan Gary.

@Tick , I took this issue to tech support. They advise you to submit a ticket to articulate how this has gone wrong for you.
Thanks!

@Tick , I took this issue to tech support. They advise you to submit a ticket to articulate how this has gone wrong for you.
Thanks!
I tried last season, I eventually gave up. They'd fix it, then when I synched rosters again it would reset.

Frankie Luvu missing entirely from the dynasty rankings. So aren't a bunch of linebackers if I'm not mistaken.

Also, the dyansty rankings have changed dramatically. Not sure what sort of emphasis they're putting on whom these days, but the rankings have shuffled in a big way.

Frankie Luvu missing entirely from the dynasty rankings. So aren't a bunch of linebackers if I'm not mistaken.

Also, the dyansty rankings have changed dramatically. Not sure what sort of emphasis they're putting on whom these days, but the rankings have shuffled in a big way.
Interesting... can't help but wonder if it is the same guy doing the IDP ROS rankings. Those have been screwy going back to last season. Take no pleasure being a squeaky wheel on that... especially given the overall improvement on the IDP side this year and last. And I haven't looked at the dynasty rankings myself, but if they are anything like the ROS rankings, they have been rendered useless.

Take no pleasure being a squeaky wheel on that...

Nor I. It's been a massive improvement. I'm just wondering if something is hinky this morning. For example, the dynasty rankings the past few months for my league have shown Parsons around the 70th-80th overall player range. Today he's up to somewhere in the teens neighborhood. That's quite a drastic switch.

Ah... you aren't talking about IDP-only.

Don't know if that would be the same issue. But trust me... on the IDP ROS rankings stuff like that has happened frequently last year and this. The rankings would look completely different from one week to the next at times (and not simply due to another week of data). Like, really different. And the occasional missing player (Myles Garrett, etc.).

Was just looking at the IDP ROS ratings again today... for a minute I thought they were looking better. The general order of the top 10-20 appeared mostly accurate. Until I realized there were numerous players missing (and I only noticed those on my roster, I'm sure there are others): Devin White, Grant Delpit to name a couple and more no where to be found. For a minute I thought maybe the ROS rankings omit players on bye weeks for some reason since both are on a bye this week, but Myles Garrett is listed on the DL list. So this makes no sense whatsoever...

Really frustrating how bad the IDP ROS ranking quality control is right now.

Update - I submitted a ticket to FBG's help center. Not sure what good it will do though. I think this is beyond correcting a couple missing players.

Last edited:
Thought I'd report back with responses (thus far) from FBG's support (Simon).

The first reply included the link below and said they couldn't replicate the problem. He pointed out the Devin White, in fact was listed in the ROS LB rankings. I then went to the DB rankings from the same ranking page and Grant Delpit (who I had also mentioned was missing) was not listed there either. So it is hit or miss if players are missing or not. It does not appear he dug too deep trying to replicate the problem.

But the larger issue I'm running into is this... the rankings from the link above (and the general rankings page, I assume) are completely different from the ROS rankings from the League Dominator. As an example, the ROS rankings Simon from support linked stop at 60 or so players at LB & DB. While the League Dominator ROS rankings list well over 100 players at LB & DB. The rankings he sent the link for include Devin White at LB while the League Dominator rankings do not. Below is the link for the League Dominator ROS rankings (from the week 5 landing page).

The problem with this for me has several facets... first of all, I never feel certain if all players are included in the rankings (they obviously are not... there are clear omissions). Second, why are there 2 sets of what you'd expect to be the SAME rankings??? Why would the League Dominator not access the same rankings as the FBG's rankings pages? The fact that these are not integrated / consistent is nonsensical to me. Not only are the rankings different, there are differing #'s of players in each (by a significant margin... the League Dominator rankings has a much deeper player pool than the regular rankings). And this isn't even getting into the accuracy of the rankings... I mean, we can obviously have differing opinions on guys but to say these have been 'off' since last year is being generous.

All of this is to say I am thoroughly confused by this... it seems to me the rankings whether accessed through the League Dominator or the FBG's rankings pages should be the same (and consistent). They obviously are not... and I have no clue which to use or put my trust in. Right now, I am not comfortable with either. That is not to say I will not glance at them to see if there is anything I can glean... but the problem is worse than I realized going in.

Reposting in this thread in case Simon or anyone from FBG's is more likely to see it:

I'm certain it is a product of my OCD... but does it bother anyone else that in the 5-second Primer and League Dominator they've switched the position rank order from the traditional DL, LB, DB to LB, DL, DB?

Let me begin by saying this makes no difference in the end. And is the epitome of not a big deal. But it is just out of order from the FBG's norm and the industry norm, in general. And while it doesn't bother me that much, really. It is mildly annoying. I might add that I am certain it ended up that way not because it was thought out to be the better way to do it, but instead by happenstance due to the omission of the LB position ranking in the 5-second Primer altogether at the beginning of the season when they updated the rankings interface. I reached out then to notify FBG's that they were missing the LB position in the 5-second Primer and they had to go back in and add LB back. I'm sure they didn't give a second thought to the order when they did.

The smallest of small things... but I wish they'd correct the order back to DL, LB, DB to be consistent. I'm probably alone on this... but in case I'm not.

I'm probably alone on this

Yeah, GB, I've gotta say that you might be.
Fair.

Since my post I've learned Gally still doesn't have LB at all in his 5-second primer and for Tick the order is how it has always been: DL/LB/DB. No matter your preference (which is all it was for me)... bottom line is things are still a bit screwy since the rankings/projection infrastructure update this past summer. So I don't feel too bad about it.

I'd even like to see a change in the order of flex spots to:
QB
QRWT Flex
RB
RWT Flex
WR
TE
K (yuck)
DL
LB
DB
IDP Flex