What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 waiver thread (1 Viewer)

Lost out on Lindsay by $1 but got Ekeler for a little cheaper. I was being cheeky by bidding $21. Winner was cheekier bidding $22. :|
Lost out on Lindsay by $3 myself :wall: . My consolation prize was Yeldon; who I hope to flip to the Fournette owner. 

Hines still out there though. @SameSongNDance per your research/ spreadsheets, you believe he's worth adding over my end-of-bench WR like Benjamin?

Intrigued by Enunwa but have a hard time dropping Alf, Cohen, Goodwin, Henry or Cole for him. 

On that topic, it might be helpful to understand who people are thinking of dropping to add their weekly waiver darlings. Gives a relative sense of value and trade offs. 

Intrigued by Enunwa but have a hard time dropping Alf, Cohen, Goodwin, Henry or Cole for him. 

On that topic, it might be helpful to understand who people are thinking of dropping to add their weekly waiver darlings. Gives a relative sense of value and trade offs. 
I could have gone Enunwa or Golladay, grabbed Golladay,...

Tough schedule coming up for Enunwa (and Darnold)...

3 @CLE,

4 JAX,

5 DEN,

6 IND,

7 MIN,

8 @CHI,

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck, I'll throw this out there for some thoughts .............. lost not one but BOTH TE's on one team this week [Walker & Olsen]. Already snagged Will Dissly; here's whose left to take the other slot - J. James [may have to contend w/ Vance McDonald], Nick Boyle [not sure what other TE options there really are in BAL], or Ian Thomas, Olsen's replacement, who is a rookie. Thoughts? Anyone else that I should look at? PPR league with 12 teams & includes 2 flex positions [1 WR/TE, the other WR/RB] so the talent pool on the FA wire isn't overly deep. 
As a nervous Trey Burton owner I'm thinking about grabbing Vance McDonald as a sneaky add today.

He may not play this week, but the Steelers were really getting him involved at the end of last season, including over 100 yards in the playoffs, which was the last game he's played with them.

I added him as a fcfs like an hour before the season started, I may just try to flip him. 

I was also a proud dak owner in two leagues. I moved on early in the offseason, got mahomes in one league straight up and a couple 3rds in another. Good roi. 
Mahomes was already rostered, but I did finally move on from Dak. Swapped him for Keenum. Then I managed to drop Alf Morris for Quincy. Who knows. It's a new game each week.

I was real high on Ryan Grant to start the season. I had him last year when in Washington and he actually had some respectable games. And he’s now the #2 in Indy with a healthy Luck throwing him the ball? Yes please. Was planning on drafting him late in most leagues. Then preseason happened. And the word out of camp was less than optimistic. BUT I’M BACK ON HIM. When essentially I could have drafted him for nothing now I’m forced to pay for him. Meh. 

So far Grant, Lindsay and Hines are the only guys I have bids out for across 7 leagues. And Hines is another one - loved him pre-camp, word out of camp not so good, now I’M BACK ON. 

:ph34r:
Is Luck really back? He threw very few long passes. If he's back, I'd consider Grant, although I'd prefer to see a SSND analysis first. 

Would you guys drop Tarik Cohen for Lindsey or Yeldon? 

Cohen had similar # of snaps Lindsey.
I think Lindsey will be just as good as Cohen but has the unknown upside. I think Cohen's snaps will go down because it appears Howard can catch and will in fact be a 3 down back. Plus, it seems to me that Cohen runs 40 yards to gain 3 yard. I think Lindsay will be far more efficient with his touches.

I think the running split between Freeman and Lindsay will eventually brake Freeman's direction. It's hard to think they trust Lindsay in pass protection. I suspect his floor will be a solid flex. If He continues to get the carries his value will far exceed Cohen's. 

I think Lindsey will be just as good as Cohen but has the unknown upside. I think Cohen's snaps will go down because it appears Howard can catch and will in fact be a 3 down back. Plus, it seems to me that Cohen runs 40 yards to gain 3 yard. 

I think the running split between Freeman and Lindsay will eventually brake Freeman's direction. It's hard to think they trust Lindsay in pass protection. I suspect his floor will be a solid flex. If He continues to get the carries his value will far exceed Cohen's. 
where did I read this before?

Three Yahoo waiver wire bids have run. So far Lindsay has gone for 67%, 57%, 55%, and 33%.
How deep are these leagues? I play in the NFFC and Lindsay is about it as far as RB pick ups. All of the Back ups were drafted. Just looking at it from supply and demand these bids don't surprise me. There is not a team in my 12 man league that is deep at RB from a quality perspective . Most teams went WR early since we start 3 and have a flex.

I'm thin at RB after Kamara...Lynch, Crowel, Sproles. My team is solid at other positions. I feel that adding Lindsay would make me feel a lot better about my depth. I'm not expecting him to be a league winner but he might be.  

I dropped Mariota for Lindsay. I had initially viewed him as an insurance policy for Mahomes, but a) I'm less worried about Mahomes going forward, and b) with MM's injury and the loss of Walker, I didn't see him as being better than the streaming options, especially given that Mahomes' bye isn't until Week 12.

But in another league, Lindsay is still out there, and I can't find a spot for him over Shepard, Crowell, Cole, Breida and John Brown. He may be better than some of those guys, but it's not such a slam dunk that I feel comfortable pulling the trigger after one week. That said, I may yet drop Brown to get him.

@bicycle_seat_sniffer  You a big fan of Pettis?  Believe hes likely to beat out Garcon and/or expect to see less of Kittle (nine targets)

my bad...   I just cared to know why exactly someone is posting to add a rookie WR  Five targets w/ two receptions and a TD  While it's much better than other rooks like for example Gallup or Washington  Is it more a usage plug or what exactly  
I like pettis...long term...but i think he only got on the field because of injury

No one picked up ekeler after waivers. Thinking he may be more valuable than Morris in a ppr league. Crazy? Over reacting?

No one picked up ekeler after waivers. Thinking he may be more valuable than Morris in a ppr league. Crazy? Over reacting?
I don't think it's crazy. I think he gives you something on a weekly basis and if Gordon went down he could be a top 10 RB.

Any surprise drops last night?

Morris and A Jones both dropped in the same league was a surprise for me this morning.

I could use some help at RB in that one, I need to figure out how much I want to bid on both, especially Alfred 

Welp, somehow I landed both Enunwa and Lindsay. I guess people didn’t want to take a shot at Lindsay so I got him in the second cycle of claims. Also scooped Chicago D.

Pretty nice haul last night, but now I’m last in the pecking order. 

Lost out on Lindsay by $3 myself :wall: . My consolation prize was Yeldon; who I hope to flip to the Fournette owner. 

Hines still out there though. @SameSongNDance per your research/ spreadsheets, you believe he's worth adding over my end-of-bench WR like Benjamin?
I’m not SSND but I would take Hines over Benjamin assuming you need help at RB. Buffalo is just such a fantasy purgatory I have trouble thinking you’ll get any consistent production there. Hines at least has upside and depending on the play of Mack/Wilkins could be a nice flex in PPR. 

I’m not SSND but I would take Hines over Benjamin assuming you need help at RB. Buffalo is just such a fantasy purgatory I have trouble thinking you’ll get any consistent production there. Hines at least has upside and depending on the play of Mack/Wilkins could be a nice flex in PPR. 
agreed on the BUF purgatory, and again, without getting too much of my team specifically, i'm pretty deep at RB, but as we all know a couple injuries/ fumbles can turn a deep RB corp into searching for depth. So, never a bad idea to hoard more RB's 

My league is a 3-year keeper league and I was lucky enough to pull the #1 draft spot (Gurley) & keep Kamara & Collins. So, Hines would purely be RB depth/ bye week / potential keeper in this case

agreed on the BUF purgatory, and again, without getting too much of my team specifically, i'm pretty deep at RB, but as we all know a couple injuries/ fumbles can turn a deep RB corp into searching for depth. So, never a bad idea to hoard more RB's 

My league is a 3-year keeper league and I was lucky enough to pull the #1 draft spot (Gurley) & keep Kamara & Collins. So, Hines would purely be RB depth/ bye week / potential keeper in this case
Congrats to you! Great stable there. But like you said, can never have too many healthy RB’s. 

Baldwin, Benjamin, and TWilliams dropped.  Pettis, Marshall, Godwin, and Bryant still sitting there as well.  Will need to drop Carr or Kerryon.  WR3 right now is Cole with Edelman waiting in the wings.

Landed Lindsey for $21

Two leagues -- one redraft, one keep-6.

Redraft:
Added WR Quincy Enunwa, dropped WR Sterling Shephard

Keep-6:
Added WR Quincy Enunwa, dropped TE Trey Burton (already have Kelce)
Added WR Kenny Golladay, dropped 5th RB Corey Clement

Redraft:

Keep-6:
I would not have dropped Burton for Quincy. Two top TEs just went down which makes all of the TE5-TE10 much more valuable. 

Redraft:

Keep-6:
I'll keep an eye on Enunwa for a trade; maybe other owner will worry with the very tough 4 out of 7 matchups

I would not have dropped Burton for Quincy. Two top TEs just went down which makes all of the TE5-TE10 much more valuable. 
Yeah, I hear you ... our rosters are just so shallow, though. I'll be churning the bottom two guys all year anyway.

I was real high on Ryan Grant to start the season. I had him last year when in Washington and he actually had some respectable games. And he’s now the #2 in Indy with a healthy Luck throwing him the ball? Yes please. Was planning on drafting him late in most leagues. Then preseason happened. And the word out of camp was less than optimistic. BUT I’M BACK ON HIM. When essentially I could have drafted him for nothing now I’m forced to pay for him. Meh. 

So far Grant, Lindsay and Hines are the only guys I have bids out for across 7 leagues. And Hines is another one - loved him pre-camp, word out of camp not so good, now I’M BACK ON. 

:ph34r:
I agree on Grant. I  had him as my highest ranked WR on the wires this week and was happy the WW reports I saw were ignoring him or had him listed as an afterthought. He is easily ahead of Marshall, Dorsett, Ginn, DJax. For season long value with potential upside I go with Grant all the way. He is still fairly young, has a top5 QB (when he was healthy and appears to be again) and in an offense that is going to run alot of plays this year. Luck could have 700 attempts this year in this offense with no real bruiser at RB to rely on and all pass catching RBs. Grant should be able to handle the 2nd or 3rd best corner and has a QB that will hit the open guy to move the chains (PPR gold). I like his situation a lot better than Washington. I could see Grant landing 7-10 of those targets per week going forward. The other guys like Dorsett/Marshall with Edelman/Baldwin coming back seems to have limited upside long term but might outshine in the near term. Guys like Ginn/Djax are perennial boom/bust in PPR.

Missed out on Lindsay, grabbed Yeldon from waivers, dropped Corey Clement

Was able to get Enunwa as FA, guess people were convinced his performance was just due to how crap the Lions were. I dropped Michael Gallup for him. 

Welp, somehow I landed both Enunwa and Lindsay. I guess people didn’t want to take a shot at Lindsay so I got him in the second cycle of claims. Also scooped Chicago D.

Pretty nice haul last night, but now I’m last in the pecking order. 
Worth it. Solid speculative adds with upside, worth burning a position for to see how that pans out.

Missed out on Lindsay, grabbed Yeldon from waivers, dropped Corey Clement

Was able to get Enunwa as FA, guess people were convinced his performance was just due to how crap the Lions were. I dropped Michael Gallup for him. 
Similar position. Trying to bid for Grant and will drop Gallup. Just don’t see a lot of upside with the receivers in Dallas. 

Thoughts on Jonnu Smith? Worth a look?
He got NO action in any of my leagues, almost all of which scooped up rookie Ian Thomas filling a similar hole in Car. I don't really know what that means, cuz i get the feeling neither do they.

Speaking of TE, dynasty and deep leaguers should keep their eyes on Jordan Akins. Got my first look at this summer hypemonster against the Pats and both his catches had the look of something special.

Hines still out there though. @SameSongNDance per your research/ spreadsheets, you believe he's worth adding over my end-of-bench WR like Benjamin?
Benjamin looked pretty bad, Peterman looked worse. Benjamin had two drops, one of which was an easy TD pass from Allen that he let bounce off of his hands in the end zone. I think the second pick was partially his fault as well. I legitimately underestimated how bad BUF could be but I also feel like we witnessed a team wide floor, on the road, vs. BAL in pretty poor weather conditions. BUF isn't going to blown out by 40 points every week.

Benjamin still saw 21% of the targets and when I was harping on how Benjamin was undervalued in his dedicated thread this year, most of that was predicated on me believing that he would see 22-24% share of the targets. I know the the fact that BUF has the worst OL in the league is unlikely to fix itself but I want to see how BUF performs at home in decent weather conditions with Allen under center against a similarly stingy defense before moving/dropping players like Benjamin and McCoy. If you need a RB in full PPR I don't think it's crazy though, the schedule is kind of rough and aside from the target share nothing about what Benjmain did last week was good. 

Is Luck really back? He threw very few long passes. If he's back, I'd consider Grant, although I'd prefer to see a SSND analysis first.
I swear Grant literally ran short in routes the entire game and I honestly think part of why he was successful is because Luck isn't back. I'm not exactly sure what it is because I went back and watched tape of Luck from before the injury and his throwing motion is the same, he's just not going vertical. Maybe he doesn't trust his shoulder yet, maybe it's mental, I don't know, but as long as IND's defense and running game is below average and Luck continues to dink and dink, there will be a bunch of PPR options in the offense. 

Users who are viewing this thread