What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

half PPR Flex

Ty Johnson, Tyler Johnson, Bolden, marvJones, Gage..... as you can see I had bolden/tJohnson hoping NE/TB would swing my way, now have a dilemma. thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chubb, Nick CLE RB (C)117.0013

Collins, Alex SEA RB52.209

Harris, Damien NEP RB (O)105.2014

Ingram, Mark NOS RB56.606

Michel, Sony LAR RB45.1011

Singletary, Devin BUF RB

Above is this weeks conundrum. I currently have Collins and Ingram in

PPR redraft

wondering about Singletary especially with zac moss active(?) now.
Stick with Colins/Ingram

Some insight appreciated. Should I bench Sutton and start Ingram at flex? 

Edit to add: Go with Bolden over Gordon at RB if NE RB's inactive?  PPR league
I guess it depends if you are looking for ceiling or floor?  Sutton has been quiet the past three weeks, heck he's been downright anemic. But you can't deny that he has the talent to have a monster week at some point. The question is if you want to roll the dice that this is the week?

Ingram has the safe floor but I don't know how high that really is.  I could see anywhere between 3-7 receptions for him.  I know that's a big range my gut says 4-5 is probably where he lands.  I wouldn't expect great rushing totals but if he gets volume, which he should he could approach 100 total yards. Maybe he falls into the endzone for a short score? I doubt he breaks a long one.

Ingram if you're risk averse, Sutton if your not.

And the Pats said Harris is out this week but they have not declared anything on Rhomadre yet.  If Rhomadre is out I could see Bolden over Gordon.  Gordon has been playing really well this season, with 15 opportunities per game, 71 yards with 2 receptions pretty consistently. He also seems to be the preferred option at the goal line with a TD in 5 of 9 games. So there is a strong safe floor argument for Gordon.  The thing I guess people should like about Bolden is that New England has a deserved reputation for scoring a lot of rushing TDs and they are tied for 5th most in the league with 11.  If Bolden is the lead back he has a better opportunity than most RBs to get a short score. He is also has quietly stepped into the James White receiving back role and leads Pats RBs with 24 targets & 22 receptions (White is still second in both).

So yeah if Rhomadre is out

Bolden>Gordon but not by a huge margin

.5 PPR for RB, .75 PPR for WR - I need 3 out of 5 players (but max only 1 RB)

Antonio Gibson v TBB

D'Ernest Johnson @ NEP

Amari Cooper v ATL

D.J. Moore @ ARZ

Robert Woods @ SFO

What would you do?

TIA
Definitely D'Ernest with Chubb out. We will find out if he is a fluke this week because the Browns are going to run. That's what they do and I doubt it changes significantly. Gibson, who I like a lot, simply hasn't been what we thought and cannot be trusted for volume or production ATM.

Roberts Woods is done for the year with an ACL so your other choices are easy.

Decimal scoring...1 PPR

Kamara out,Mixon on a bye so I'm forced to start K.Drake and ONE of the following,who should it be?:

A.Peterson vs NO

G.Bernard @ Wash
Despite the weird Rams game Bernard is a 3 target max kinda guy and doesn't get goal line touches.  It's a great matchup and all but I think you have to go with AARDP even though it's a tough matchup and a three headed committee. Judging by last week ADP is their goal line back and maybe with another week to get his game legs under him his production all around may improve.

ADP>Bernard

Was wondering if anyone thought singletary could be viable with moss coming off injury? But I do realize it seems obvious it's just that Ingram has burned me in the past with his 2 yard carries with no td. Even with volume. Much less the QB is less than optimal. But I guess you knew that?
A concussion is pretty much binary. Either you’re able to play or you’re not. It’s not like an ankle sprain where you may be limited. So there’s no reason to think Singletary will have any more value than usual this week (other than the matchup). I get the Ingram concern, but he and Collins are the only guys on your list who are clear RB1s with little competition for touches

PPR league. Pick one:

* C. Godwin @WASH -- Various sources now saying Godwin should play. Assuming active and no other negatives such as "on a pitch count" or "we'll see how it goes" indicating he could be pulled or re-injury, this is a sweet matchup. Also no AB or Gronk. 

OR

* M. Ingram @TN -- Will get the volume. On paper a tough matchup, but have a feeling Payton will figure out a way to have an effective running game. Could be a slugfest though since both teams want to run.

Note: I'm an 8 point favorite but the seas seem to be parting for my opponent -- Has J. Conner (Edmunds out), has R. Stevenson (D. Harris now out), has C. Kirk (and Murray looks to play while DHop, RMoore out)...guy is lucking out with his bench.

Which?

Thanks!

Dah --need to stop fiddling with my lineup/ waivers!  Just picked up Alex Collins for some reason, so now (in Standard) I need one flex from:

• Collins @ Packers
  • Singletary @ Jets
  • Eno vs Panthers
Understand most of these will depend on status of lead backs -
Collins seems like the smart choice.

Zack Moss cleared the concussion protocol so Singletary's other vulture is back.  And, I simply know nothing about Eno or how he is going to step into Edmonds's role, which incidentally amounted to 12.5 opportunities per game.  Does Eno gobble up all those opportunities or do the get distributed between Conner, Eno & maybe a couple more short passes to Moore?  Too many unknowns.

Collins>Singletary>Eno

Full PPR - pick 1 for RB2

Alex Collins at Packers

Brandon Bolden vs Browns

AJ Dillon vs Seahawks
Collins if Rhomadre plays, Bolden if Rhomadre is out. Unfortunately they will not likely announce about Stevenson until tomorrow. Dillon is a fine player but he doesn't get the volume that the other two stand to see and he is clearly not the Packers goal line back.

Singletary, Devin BUF RB

PPR redraft

I believe Chubb & Harris are out, Zack Moss cleared the concussion protocol and unless something happened to Darrell Henderson that I am not aware of Michel is a distant second fiddle in the Rams backfield.

Ingram & Collins are boring as watching frozen molasses flowing downhill but they are probably your best bets.

Sort of a WDIS and WDIR question here.

PPR league and my RBs are Kamara, Barkley, Gibson, McKissic and Hines so in a tough spot this week

Which two would you start this week? Currently leaning McKissic and Hines. Not sure yet on Gibson's health/effectiveness and tough TB run defense, think the game script favors McKissic) Or I could pick up and start Eno Benjamin

And for the ROS as a 5th RB who would you rather roster? Hines or Eno Benjamin?
I am not in a position where I am comfortable making a comment on Eno one way or the other, if your gut tells you to roll him out then listen to it.

I agree that McKissic makes a ton of sense this week and in that regard you probably want to spread out your risk and roll with Hines.

Between Hines & Eno I am trying to assume more risk in my own decision making so I like taking a shot on a guy line Eno.  The only downside is he is likely a three week rental and not a season winner.

PPR league. Pick one:

* C. Godwin @WASH -- Various sources now saying Godwin should play. Assuming active and no other negatives such as "on a pitch count" or "we'll see how it goes" indicating he could be pulled or re-injury, this is a sweet matchup. Also no AB or Gronk. 

OR

* M. Ingram @TN -- Will get the volume. On paper a tough matchup, but have a feeling Payton will figure out a way to have an effective running game. Could be a slugfest though since both teams want to run.

Note: I'm an 8 point favorite but the seas seem to be parting for my opponent -- Has J. Conner (Edmunds out), has R. Stevenson (D. Harris now out), has C. Kirk (and Murray looks to play while DHop, RMoore out)...guy is lucking out with his bench.

Which?

Thanks!
This is more of a philosophical thing about how you approach fantasy, but I have Godwin and my feeling is, if he plays I’m starting him, especially in a PPR and especially with this matchup

Was wondering if anyone thought singletary could be viable with moss coming off injury? But I do realize it seems obvious it's just that Ingram has burned me in the past with his 2 yard carries with no td. Even with volume. Much less the QB is less than optimal. But I guess you knew that?
That is a totally valid concern. Ingram is strictly a volume play.  Singletary looks very explosive and seems like a threat to break one off at any time but he has to deal with two goal line rushing vultures so he has to make his own opportunities to score.  And he doesn't get many opportunities per game to do that.

half PPR Flex

Ty Johnson, Tyler Johnson, Bolden, marvJones, Gage..... as you can see I had bolden/tJohnson hoping NE/TB would swing my way, now have a dilemma. thanks in advance!
New England could still swing your way, Rhomadre is still in the concussion protocol and his status may not be determined until tomorrow.

If Rhomadre is out I do like Bolden.

If Rhomadre plays Bolden should still be an option, he is the clear receiving back in their offense and that always has some value.

IMO your other option is Gage.  I have written about him a couple times in this thread but the bottom line is he is the #1 WR in Atlanta and defenses cannot focus on him because of Cordarrelle & Pitts.  He should get around 8 targets with double digit upside.  He definitely isn't a burner but he has been around long enough to make the right reads and move the chains.  He seems like the safest floor and highest ceiling of your other options.

If Rhomadre plays

Gage>Bolden

If Rhomadre is out

Bolden>Gage

PPR league. Pick one:

OR

Which?

Thanks!
Quick aside: I have seen people post about being an X point favorite or underdog in any given week. Has anyone ever gone back and seen how accurate the algorithm is in predicting these outcomes?  Just curious.

I hate your options.

Godwin is probably a good option but I have serious concerns he is going to be a decoy more than anything and this will end up being a Fournette game. Still in that offense, with no AB & no Gronk it really makes sense to consider rolling him out.

Ingram is going to get volume. He's not terribly efficient, he is very unlikely to break off a long TD and his mama dresses him funny. But he's going to get volume.  He can catch and should see around 6 targets (and that may be a gross underestimation with Kamara out) which has legitimate safe floor value for you.  Sean Payton is a great offensive coach and will scheme the Saints to some points even with the dearth of talent so a goal line score is a legitimate possibility.

I guess Godwin should be considered your high upside choice and Ingram your safe floor choice.

While I am trying to be more risk forward in here I think I would roll with

Ingram>Godwin but it really is a gut call surrounding Godwin.

ETA: I didn't see that Rondale Moore was out, last news I have is he is questionable.

You can't start Jefferson until he gets a nickname as cool as 3rd & Renfrow.

Renfrow>Jefferson>Hilton
@JIslander

With the news about Robert Woods I may have changed my opinion about this week.  Jefferson has a small window to establish himself as more than a deep threat this week before OBJ is fully on board.  The assumption is OBJ will slide into the Woods role as it probably suits his game better than being a deep threat but on Monday, I think Van gets his shot to be more than just the field stretcher.

Jefferson>Renfrow>Hilton

Quick aside: I have seen people post about being an X point favorite or underdog in any given week. Has anyone ever gone back and seen how accurate the algorithm is in predicting these outcomes?  Just curious.

I hate your options.

Godwin is probably a good option but I have serious concerns he is going to be a decoy more than anything and this will end up being a Fournette game. Still in that offense, with no AB & no Gronk it really makes sense to consider rolling him out.

Ingram is going to get volume. He's not terribly efficient, he is very unlikely to break off a long TD and his mama dresses him funny. But he's going to get volume.  He can catch and should see around 6 targets (and that may be a gross underestimation with Kamara out) which has legitimate safe floor value for you.  Sean Payton is a great offensive coach and will scheme the Saints to some points even with the dearth of talent so a goal line score is a legitimate possibility.

I guess Godwin should be considered your high upside choice and Ingram your safe floor choice.

While I am trying to be more risk forward in here I think I would roll with

Ingram>Godwin but it really is a gut call surrounding Godwin.

ETA: I didn't see that Rondale Moore was out, last news I have is he is questionable.

Actually, I've found that some projection engines aren't bad. I take it as more directional in nature, but it definitely gives you sense of what's more probably vs. not.

Hate is a strong word! I don't love my decision here, but as a 2nd flex I certainly think M. Ingram under normal circumstances would be seen as solid. Certainly I'd rather see Godwin in my WR2 slot, but for now I'm sticking M. Pittman in there.

I'd feel a lot better about this if my L. Jackson didn't crap the bed Thursday. M. Andrews certainly did his part. My remaining lineup seems pretty strong, just feel like my opponent has luck on his side. Starters (not including LJack and Andrews):

* RBs: A. Ekeler vs MN, L. Fournette @WASH

* WRSs: S. Diggs vs NYJ, M. Pittman vs JAX

* Flex1: Darrel Williams @ LV

* Flex 2: TBD above

* Defense: Pit vs Det

* K: M. Gay @SF

Really hoping more concrete info comes out tmrw morning on Godwin. Any sniff of negativity and he's out.

Come on Shefty. Get to it.

Actually, I've found that some projection engines aren't bad. I take it as more directional in nature, but it definitely gives you sense of what's more probably vs. not.

Hate is a strong word! I don't love my decision here, but as a 2nd flex I certainly think M. Ingram under normal circumstances would be seen as solid. Certainly I'd rather see Godwin in my WR2 slot, but for now I'm sticking M. Pittman in there.

I'd feel a lot better about this if my L. Jackson didn't crap the bed Thursday. M. Andrews certainly did his part. My remaining lineup seems pretty strong, just feel like my opponent has luck on his side. Starters (not including LJack and Andrews):

* RBs: A. Ekeler vs MN, L. Fournette @WASH

* WRSs: S. Diggs vs NYJ, M. Pittman vs JAX

* Flex1: Darrel Williams @ LV

* Flex 2: TBD above

* Defense: Pit vs Det

* K: M. Gay @SF

Really hoping more concrete info comes out tmrw morning on Godwin. Any sniff of negativity and he's out.

Come on Shefty. Get to it.
I hate your choices because I hate having to predict Godwin this week.  He's probably fine but I just didn't like Arians's comments earlier in the week and that he missed W-F practices.

0.5 ppr. Desperation flex with my whole team dead. Fant vs worst te defense in the league or J. Meyers. I'm trying to get van Jefferson over either but I may not be able to at my waiver spot.

0.5 ppr. Desperation flex with my whole team dead. Fant vs worst te defense in the league or J. Meyers. I'm trying to get van Jefferson over either but I may not be able to at my waiver spot.
I like Jefferson over both but I think Meyers is the right choice. 19 more targets, 9 more receptions, 114 more yards and far less competition for looks. He hasn't had a huge game yet, heck he hasn't found the end zone yet but he gets a good deal more opportunity.

Fant has had a fine season and maybe he has another Raider game in him but good luck predicting it and he also has a significant downside.

Meyers>Fant

DEF (standard scoring 2 pts/sack or FF or FR.  2pts/interception)

Pitt or Ten?

I do have Ingram going so there's always an internal conflict HA HA

For Pitt, another internal conflict HA HA  I'm hoping they lose as they will knock out Survivor pool picks.

Big ups to @Chakafor this weekly thread. Choose a line-up or offer alternative:

Assuming Kamara is out, which lineup you like better?

Choice A:

RB CMC 
RB Patterson
WR AJ Brown
WR Pittman
WR DJ Moore 

Choice 2:

RB CMC 
RB Ingram
WR AJ Brown
WR Pittman
WR Patterson

Choice D :

RB CMC
RB Javonte 
WR AJ Brown
WR Pittman
WR Patterson

I also have Carter.

RB/WR/WR/WR, no flex. 1/2ppr, bonus for longer TDs. Started Lamar and up against a good team. Patterson’s flexibility is great but creates more decisions.

#pleaseseeminewillansweryourskthxbai
Choice 2, pretty much have to start Ingram with Kamara out. 

Which one of these guys belongs on the bench this week?

6 pts per TD

.04 per rushing yard

.03 pre rec yard

.01 per catch

Kenyan Drake, Marvin Jones or Emmanuel Sanders
Sanders>Jones>Drake in my opinion. 

J. Washington or E. Moore PPR?
Moore for sure. He's been a solid WR the last couple weeks, and its easy to see Washington seeing 3-4 targets even without Claypool.

PPR League. I need to sit one of these guys.

* D. Williams vs LV -- Great matchup against a LV D that is run funnel. Looks like CEL isn't going to be active based on A. Reid's comments today. Probably his last game as the unquestioned starter. I'm thinking DWill probably is in my lineup.

* M. Ingram @TN -- Kamara out. TN is a tough run matchup, but he'll get the volume. T. Hill could vulture, but still, Ingram could get plenty of touches in a potential slugfest.

* C. Godwin @WASH -- Godwin is a GTD. This is tricky. If he's inactive, no biggie...you go with DWill and Ingram. However, if Godwin is active, do you roll with him? I mean...damn...AB out...Gronk out...ridiculously good matchup. If he's healthy, good chance you've got 20+ points. Also a non zero chance of getting a zero. Ugh. Obviously is there's the slightest hint of "pitch counts" or "he's going to try and give it a go" from Arians you yank him.

Which two?

Thanks
If Godwin is playing, I'd have a hard time sitting him, as he's got by far the highest ceiling of the bunch. Godwin>Ingram>Williams in my opinion.

TedyBruschi said:
0.5 PPR.   12 team league. 

Just need one RB:

A Collins @ GB

AP vs NO

C Hyde @ IND (if Robinson out)

Leaning Collins - but any other insight appreciated!
Collins for sure

Full PPR, my last flex spot this week:

Alex Collins or Dawson Knox or Van Jefferson?
I'd go Collins here. 

Some insight appreciated. Should I bench Sutton and start Ingram at flex? 

Edit to add: Go with Bolden over Gordon at RB if NE RB's inactive?  PPR league
I'd go with Ingram and Gordon. 

4/passing TD, need floor:

• Cousins @ Clippers
  • Bridgewater vs Eagles
I think Cousins is the call here. I think Vikings/Chargers could be a high scoring game, and while LA is much weaker against the run, that should open up the PA game for Cousins.

.5 PPR for RB, .75 PPR for WR - I need 3 out of 5 players (but max only 1 RB)

Antonio Gibson v TBB

D'Ernest Johnson @ NEP

Amari Cooper v ATL

D.J. Moore @ ARZ

Robert Woods @ SFO

What would you do?

TIA
Johnson(easily over Gibson) Cooper and Moore

Decimal scoring...1 PPR

Kamara out,Mixon on a bye so I'm forced to start K.Drake and ONE of the following,who should it be?:

A.Peterson vs NO

G.Bernard @ Wash
Peterson>Drake>Bernard, Peterson has the best shot at a TD.

Dah --need to stop fiddling with my lineup/ waivers!  Just picked up Alex Collins for some reason, so now (in Standard) I need one flex from:

• Collins @ Packers
  • Singletary @ Jets
  • Eno vs Panthers
Understand most of these will depend on status of lead backs -
Collins>Singletary>Eno

Full PPR - pick 1 for RB2

Alex Collins at Packers

Brandon Bolden vs Browns

AJ Dillon vs Seahawks
Collins, by a pretty good amount in my opinion.

Singletary, Devin BUF RB

PPR redraft

Ingram and Collins are the right calls for sure.

Sort of a WDIS and WDIR question here.

PPR league and my RBs are Kamara, Barkley, Gibson, McKissic and Hines so in a tough spot this week

Which two would you start this week? Currently leaning McKissic and Hines. Not sure yet on Gibson's health/effectiveness and tough TB run defense, think the game script favors McKissic) Or I could pick up and start Eno Benjamin

And for the ROS as a 5th RB who would you rather roster? Hines or Eno Benjamin?
I'd actually go with Gibson and Hines here. Its possible McKissic is used as a receiver against TB, but I don't see Washington being a team that abandons the run like so many others have against TB. Not with Heinicke. Gibson has a decent shot at a TD in my opinion.

half PPR Flex

I'd go Ty Johnson(Jets RB) I'd love to say Jones, but he's been an afterthought the last 2 weeks, and as you said, injuries don't seem to have gone your way in regards to Bolden/Tyler. 

PPR league. Pick one:

OR

Which?

Thanks!
I prefer Godwin here. He's active he plays.

I like Meyers over Fant or Jefferson. Last week was fluky for Meyers, as NE basically just squatted on the ball knowing the Panthers had nothing on offense, that shouldn't be the case against Cleveland.

0.5 ppr, diontae vs djm
Diontae for sure. Honestly, I'm not sure Big Ben being out isn't addition by subtraction. 

DEF (standard scoring 2 pts/sack or FF or FR.  2pts/interception)

Pitt or Ten?

I do have Ingram going so there's always an internal conflict HA HA

For Pitt, another internal conflict HA HA  I'm hoping they lose as they will knock out Survivor pool picks.
I think the Steelers are arguably the #1 defense this week. So I'd go with them.

Full ppr, 12 team. 

Starting

RB Zeke, Swift

WR Hill, Deebo

Need to sort out FLEX. Can go with DJ Moore, Van Jefferson, or Michael Carter

League 1 - Lockett, Allen or Jacobs at flex .5 ppr.  40 plus yd ts are worth 8 pts otherwise 6 pts.

League 2 - Full PPR.  Need a flex from Jeudy, OBJ, TY or C Davis

Full ppr, 12 team. 

Starting

RB Zeke, Swift

WR Hill, Deebo

Need to sort out FLEX. Can go with DJ Moore, Van Jefferson, or Michael Carter
Probably go with Carter if I want to play it safe even though he has a tough matchup.  You might have better risk/reward with Van Jefferson because of the Woods injury so he might be worth a gamble. I don't trust Walker at QB throwing to Moore and.

Ok guys can use some help on my other team that is badly in need of a win to stay alive in playoff race 

this is PPR 

Darrel williams or Ingram, leaning Ingram here I am thinking 

have Christian Kirk, do I use him in place of either jerudy or thielen? Will probably stick with jerudy but can make a case for thielen 

finally do I stick with jalen hurts or go pick up someone like wentz?

PPR Flex

Rhamondre vs CLE

Ty Johnson vs BUF

Jamal Agnew vs IND

T. Conklin vs LAC
Stevenson has a tough matchup but he has been running hard and should get the majority of the touches. He also catches passes so I would go with him based on volume.

Ok guys can use some help on my other team that is badly in need of a win to stay alive in playoff race 

this is PPR 

Darrel williams or Ingram, leaning Ingram here I am thinking 

have Christian Kirk, do I use him in place of either jerudy or thielen? Will probably stick with jerudy but can make a case for thielen 

finally do I stick with jalen hurts or go pick up someone like wentz?
I am starting both Williams and Ingram in 1 league but would go with Ingram if I was forced to choose.  

I personally like Thielen over Jeudy. I wouldn't use Kirk with the uncertainty at QB in Arizona

I would be tempted to pick up Wentz based on the matchup but they might run the ball down the Jags throats so he might not put up as good of numbers so I would stick with Hurts. If you are worried about the Denver D than maybe go for it but I personally give a slight edge to Hurts.

Standard scoring non-ppr league. Need flex.

DJ Moore or Jordan Howard?

Moore has been in a slump and now has a backup QB throwing the rock and is going against ARI

Howard looks to be TD dependent but is getting the lions share of carries (this is non-ppr)

Who is the odd man out this week?  .5PPR

DK Metcalf @ GB
DJ Moore @ ARI
Mike Williams vs MIN
Jerry Jeudy vs PHI

Standard scoring non-ppr league. Need flex.

DJ Moore or Jordan Howard?

Moore has been in a slump and now has a backup QB throwing the rock and is going against ARI

Howard looks to be TD dependent but is getting the lions share of carries (this is non-ppr)
Tough call. If your league were PPR this would be easy. I would still go with Moore because I expect a negative game script so he might see lots of targets. Maybe a change of QBs might benefit him.  I don't fully trust Howard but he might get into the end zone.

Who is the odd man out this week?  .5PPR

DK Metcalf @ GB
DJ Moore @ ARI
Mike Williams vs MIN
Jerry Jeudy vs PHI
If anybody says Metcalf than ask them for a hit of whatever they are smoking. I would probably bench Moore based only on the uncertainty of the new QB play and Jeudy seems like he is getting healthy. Williams has such a high ceiling that I wouldn't bench him and hope this is one of his good weeks.

Mark Ingram vs TEN

James Robinsion at IND

PPR format- Ingram had 5 catches last week in 42% of snaps. 

I've been waiting on the Robinson news all week. They've removed the Q tag but this seems very much like a managed workload type of situation, whereas Ingram's going to be a bellcow and probably get targeted a ton. 

Mark Ingram vs TEN

James Robinsion at IND

PPR format- Ingram had 5 catches last week in 42% of snaps. 

I've been waiting on the Robinson news all week. They've removed the Q tag but this seems very much like a managed workload type of situation, whereas Ingram's going to be a bellcow and probably get targeted a ton. 
I’m not feeling great about Robinson. on the verge of benching him for Collins.

Users who are viewing this thread