What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

0.5 ppr, diontae vs djm
DJ Moore? Please be more specific in the future.

It's tough because they. It's have backup QBs. What I have seen from Mason Rudolph suggests to me that maybe take a risk on PJ Walker.

But really it is impossible to come to any reasonable conclusion about either.

Moore>Dionte

DEF (standard scoring 2 pts/sack or FF or FR.  2pts/interception)

Pitt or Ten?

I do have Ingram going so there's always an internal conflict HA HA

For Pitt, another internal conflict HA HA  I'm hoping they lose as they will knock out Survivor pool picks.
For me I like Pittsburgh here but only by a slim margin.  It really comes down to Sean Payton vs Dan Campbell.  

I think with Roethlisberger out there is more pressure on Pittsburgh D to shut down the Lions.  Goff is averaging 1.25 turnovers per game and gets sacked at the 6th highest rate in the league.  I think they are getting Decker back this week which may help but I still think Pittsburgh is the choice. 

Pitt>Tenn again, by a slim margin

Full ppr, 12 team. 

Starting

RB Zeke, Swift

WR Hill, Deebo

Need to sort out FLEX. Can go with DJ Moore, Van Jefferson, or Michael Carter
An experienced QB like Walker could lock into DJ and pepper him all day with targets. But I have no way of putting any kind of probability on that. I also didn't like coach Ruhle talking about working Cam into the offense as early as today.

It comes down to Jefferson & Carter for me and it's close.

Jefferson already got a bump when they let DJax go, his snap % is around 90%+ when DJax is out of the game and he gets about 6-7 targets. So he's already viable, even if they are generally lower % targets on deeper routes.  I believe Jefferson has a small window of opportunity here before OBJ is up to speed and likely steps into Woods's role.  I think on Monday, even if OBJ plays, Jefferson will see a few more short to intermediate routes (i.e. higher %) and if he is successful in that role may see that continue RoS. Unfortunately we don't have any data to rely on for Van's role with Woods out & OBJ in.  But that is what my gut says.

It's a similar situation with Carter.  We have 8 quarters of info about Carter with Mike White at QB and I like that data.  It shows 24 targets over that span and that is very nice.  It is a tough as nails matchup in Buffalo but I think Carter has to be a big piece of any chance the Jets have to keep this game competitive.

Carter>Jefferson

Jeez. I am having a time picking one out of these three.

Tyler Johnson, Jakobi Meyers, Ricky Seals-Jones

Ooofff...that's tough.  Is there nothing else on the waiver wire?  If not I would probably lean RSJ.  Should be some air yards to be had in that game.  

League 1 - Lockett, Allen or Jacobs at flex .5 ppr.  40 plus yd ts are worth 8 pts otherwise 6 pts.

League 2 - Full PPR.  Need a flex from Jeudy, OBJ, TY or C Davis
LEAGUE 1:

Keenan Allen?  Please be more specific in the future.

Won't bother to predict long TDs but obviously that gives Lockett an edge.

Keenan Allen is nursing a knee which is enough reason to rule him out with your other options.

Jacobs has too much trouble staying on the field, even in such a plus matchup that makes him a shaky start.

Lockett has a high variance but when Russell Wilson is on the field that connection can be sublime.

Lockett>Jacobs>Keenan

LEAGUE 2:

You have a lot of guys that are tough to predict in Jeudy, OBJ & TY.

I think in this situation you have to play to the assumption that C. Davis is healthy and, if he is, will lead the Jets in targets.  It's a tough matchup but he's the only guy you have that has at least a reasonable expectation for 6 or more targets.

Davis>Jeudy/TY>OBJ 

Ooofff...that's tough.  Is there nothing else on the waiver wire?  If not I would probably lean RSJ.  Should be some air yards to be had in that game.  
It's dynasty with 51 man rosters and we have eight FLEX spots and a QB, with restraints and minimums for FLEX. So it's actually a deep league and there isn't anything on the wire. If there were, I'd be all over it.

It's dynasty with 51 man rosters and we have eight FLEX spots and a QB, with restraints and minimums for FLEX. So it's actually a deep league and there isn't anything on the wire. If there were, I'd be all over it.

Wow, that's an impressive league.  I love the concept

I would still stick RSJ.  I think WFT puts up 300 yards passing today

PPR Flex

Rhamondre vs CLE

Ty Johnson vs BUF

Jamal Agnew vs IND

T. Conklin vs LAC
Wow, I honestly don't have much of an opinion here.

I think the Chargers are vulnerable to TEs and that game has the makings of a shootout.

Rhomadre has an opportunity here but that Cleveland D is solid and Bolden still looms, particularly as a vulture to receptions (and maybe goal line opportunities).

Conklin>Rhomadre>Not sure

LEAGUE 1:

Keenan Allen?  Please be more specific in the future.

Won't bother to predict long TDs but obviously that gives Lockett an edge.

Keenan Allen is nursing a knee which is enough reason to rule him out with your other options.

Jacobs has too much trouble staying on the field, even in such a plus matchup that makes him a shaky start.

Lockett has a high variance but when Russell Wilson is on the field that connection can be sublime.

Lockett>Jacobs>Keenan

LEAGUE 2:

You have a lot of guys that are tough to predict in Jeudy, OBJ & TY.

I think in this situation you have to play to the assumption that C. Davis is healthy and, if he is, will lead the Jets in targets.  It's a tough matchup but he's the only guy you have that has at least a reasonable expectation for 6 or more targets.

Davis>Jeudy/TY>OBJ 
As a Jets homer, a minor quibble. Davis is Zach's favorite target, not White's. White's aDOT is under six, and Davis runs intermediate to longer routes. He'll also probably draw Tre'davious White in coverage, which is no bueno.

Carter should lead the team in targets today.

That does not make what you said in your rank ordering wrong, that's just to give a little bit of caution here.

Wow, that's an impressive league.  I love the concept

I would still stick RSJ.  I think WFT puts up 300 yards passing today
Just a standard Zealots league. Nothing crazy. But thanks for complimenting it.

I wish I had the guts to start RSJ. Meyers seems like the chalk play, Johnson the boom/bust option. I think your rationale is very, very sound. There should be lots -- and lots and lots -- of air yards for the WFT today.

Ok guys can use some help on my other team that is badly in need of a win to stay alive in playoff race 

this is PPR 

Darrel williams or Ingram, leaning Ingram here I am thinking 

have Christian Kirk, do I use him in place of either jerudy or thielen? Will probably stick with jerudy but can make a case for thielen 

finally do I stick with jalen hurts or go pick up someone like wentz?
With CEH out I would lean towards Darrell Williams. Better team, better matchup.  Love what Payton can scheme but Andy Reid is no slouch.

Williams>Ingram

I see no argument for Kirk over Thielen.  Jeudy maybe but it's ultimately a coin flim IMO.

I actually like Wentz a lot but how can you not stick with Hurts?  Presuming rushing TDs>Passing TDs he is a magic football machine.

Standard scoring non-ppr league. Need flex.

DJ Moore or Jordan Howard?

Moore has been in a slump and now has a backup QB throwing the rock and is going against ARI

Howard looks to be TD dependent but is getting the lions share of carries (this is non-ppr)
I have no confidence in Nick Siriani, and that Detroit game was as rare as it gets, but the short term results on Howard are very good.  It's a tougher matchup but he still got 17 carries.

No idea what to expect from PJ Walker, there is an outside chance he locks into DJ all day but who knows.

Howard>DJ but really, flip a coin

Mark Ingram vs TEN

James Robinsion at IND

PPR format- Ingram had 5 catches last week in 42% of snaps. 

I've been waiting on the Robinson news all week. They've removed the Q tag but this seems very much like a managed workload type of situation, whereas Ingram's going to be a bellcow and probably get targeted a ton. 
I still think you roll with Robinson. He is the driver of that offense, and judging by Hyde's workload (and Robinson's before that) he is in line for enough touches to make him more than viable.

Robinson>Ingram

Alex Collins or Jordan Howard?
Ooooooofff...

Coward?

ETA: I wish I had more of an opinion on this one...I honestly think Collins's workload is a little more locked in than Howard. But maybe, possibly Siriani has finally figured out that he needs to commit to the ground game to make his team competitive.

Collins>Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 3:

ADP

J Robinson

R Stevenson

Z Moss

non ppr. 
Robinson>>Rhomadre/Moss>AARDP

But it is close because I think ADP is the goal line back in Tennessee.  Outside of Howard it's honestly probably a random bet which guy will end up on the bottom of those choices.

Kirk or Gage in half PPR. 

If Hopkins plays, 2 of Hopkins, Dillon or Gage. Half PPR. 

Thanks!
I like Gage over Kirk in general. His targets are more locked in and defenses can't roll extra coverage towards him.

Gage>Kirk

Dillon is a fine player but he gets almost no love at the goal line or in the passing game.

Hopkins>Gage>Dillon

Robinson>>Rhomadre/Moss>AARDP

But it is close because I think ADP is the goal line back in Tennessee.  Outside of Howard it's honestly probably a random bet which guy will end up on the bottom of those choices.
ADP not worth the risk over Stevenson you think?

Appreicate the help. 

ADP not worth the risk over Stevenson you think?

Appreicate the help. 
Could be.  Bolden could vulture receptions (he leads Patriot backs in targets by a wide margin since White went down) and goal line.

Go with your gut.

Users who are viewing this thread