What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

James Conner vs SFO

OR

Antonio Gibson @ HOU

feels like Conner has the higher floor but Gibson has the higher ceiling
Gibson has been on a mini run with Heinicke at QB (10 carries + 4 targets per game). JD McKissic just went to IR as well. It's a great matchup too (181 yards at 5.2 per carry).

Conner scores TDs in bunches, but I don't know about playing in Mexico City and the Niner D is #4 in scoring, #2 in rush yards and #1 in rush yards/carry at 3.4 (next closest is 3.8 y/c).

For some reason I do have a bias against Conner so I may be jaded here (take that into account):
Gibson>Conner

PPR-Flex

Kenya n Drake
: It would appear his the primary RB today, he's had 2 really nice games last couple weeks.
Tony Pollard: I keep hearing Zeke's name and that he's way ahead of where he was last week...well he didn't play last week so Pollard feasted again
Parris Campbell-Had 20+ in 3 games where Matt Ryan was under Center, they seem to click

I have Slayton IN over Campbell at WR3 this week but I'm waffling. If Campbell is the start, I probably park Slayton on my bench and pick between Drak and Pollard for my Flex.
Yeah the call on Gus should impact this decision a lot. The Panthers are poorly ranked in all relevant metrics (scoring, rush yards, rush TDs & middle of the pack in y/a at 4.5)

Since it looks like Zeke is going to play I probably roll with Drake (IF GUS IS OUT!) over the other options.

I also start Campbell over Slayton for the very reason you state. Here is what I said about that decision above
Campbell by a good margin. Better passing QB, higher volume offense and he's been on a great run with Matt Ryan at QB with 10+ targets and a TD over their last three games together. The Detroit matchup is tasty, for sure but Slayton has a much lower ceiling and a similar floor IMO.

Campbell>Slayton
Drake*>Campbell>Pollard>Slayton

I have a couple I am contemplating.

I need 2 WRs from Sutton, C Samuel, Toney, Pickens, Peoples-Jones. Right now leaning Sutton and Toney.

One TE from Njoku and Pitts. Lean Pitts cause I'm not sure Njoku is really healthy yet and Pitts HAS to have a big game some day doesn't he? LOL

Crap! So if Gus is out

I need 2 RB and a Flex
Drake v CAR
Jamaal @ NYG
Swift @ NYG
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ LAC

Current starters in bold.

Should I consider benching ARSB for one of those WRs?

I need 2 WRs from Sutton, C Samuel, Toney, Pickens, Peoples-Jones. Right now leaning Sutton and Toney.

One TE from Njoku and Pitts. Lean Pitts cause I'm not sure Njoku is really healthy yet and Pitts HAS to have a big game some day doesn't he? LOL
Pitts, you know he’s healthy.

I need 2 RBs:
Drake v CAR
Gus v CAR
J.Robinson @ NEP
E.Mitchell v ARI
Swift @ NYGFo
J.Williams @ NYG

Need 1 Flex:
RB Above
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ SDC

FWIW JuJu Smith-Schuster is officially out and Mecole Hardman is on IR
I would go with Gus if he is active and Drake if he isn't and Jamal Williams. Williams will get his 15-20 carries and the goal lines carries.

For the flex, I would go Toney with Hardman and Juju both out. The Sutton matchup against the Raiders looks really good but Wilson just hasn't been good. Well except for their first game against the Raiders, but Wilson scares me right now.
Wilson has been terrible for sure, Sutton should get a bunch of targets but I have little hope at this point they will be high quality targets. That being said Nathaniel Hackett apparently ceded play calling duties to Klint Kubiak (gotta love NFL nepotism). So maybe that gives the offense a bump? IDK but I am still in a coin toss between Sutton & Toney at this point.
Also depends on what you think you need to win your game. If you're the underdog, roll with Toney as his chances for a big game are better IMO.
Doesn't matter, All Play format.
Toney for sure then

Agree on Sutton and Toney by a pretty good margin IMO.

Also agree about Pitts as there is so much weirdness and uncertainty around CLE/BUF. BUF could be discombobulated but they could also be the same Bills who have shut down every TE they have faced (Andrews, Gesicki, Conklin, even Hock) except Kelce.

Pitts>Njoku

Crap! So if Gus is out

I need 2 RB and a Flex
Drake v CAR
Jamaal @ NYG
Swift @ NYG
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ LAC

No, you play ARSB.
I know, thank you for helping talk me off the ledge.

Sometimes it's frustrating when you think you have several good options and can't get them all in your lineup.

Crap! So if Gus is out

I need 2 RB and a Flex
Drake v CAR
Jamaal @ NYG
Swift @ NYG
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ LAC

No, you play ARSB.
I know, thank you for helping talk me off the ledge.

Sometimes it's frustrating when you think you have several good options and can't get them all in your lineup.
They are in good situations but you need a lot to go right for all three to perform. They remind me of playing teasers, the numbers look great, but they never all pan out.

Crap! So if Gus is out

I need 2 RB and a Flex
Drake v CAR
Jamaal @ NYG
Swift @ NYG
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ LAC

Drake would be a must start

I'm not sure I like Swift over Williams, even if Swift is deemed the starter, he can pull up at any moment.
I like Toney for the Chiefs today, they must use him.

If Jeudy is going to be inactive today, Sutton had 11 targets last week, would look for a big dose of targets again today, only needs to get lucky on a couple of them fill that Flex Box for you today.

****, you need 2 RBs...OK
Until Swift can start and finish and get 10-12+ touches, give me Jamaal Williams, just need him to crash the end zone once

Crap! So if Gus is out

I need 2 RB and a Flex
Drake v CAR
Jamaal @ NYG
Swift @ NYG
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ LAC

Drake would be a must start

I'm not sure I like Swift over Williams, even if Swift is deemed the starter, he can pull up at any moment.
I like Toney for the Chiefs today, they must use him.

If Jeudy is going to be inactive today, Sutton had 11 targets last week, would look for a big dose of targets again today, only needs to get lucky on a couple of them fill that Flex Box for you today.
Agree 100% about Drake.

Swift is totally a spec upside play. Jamaal is good for 15 touches plus goal line work, I just decided to aim for ceilings this week.

Unfortunately I can only play Sutton OR Toney as I can't bench Justin Jefferson or ARSB. I'm going with Toney's upside ATM as I think he should have a similar floor to Sutton and his opportunities should be higher quality coming from Reid & Mahomes over Hackett/Kubiak & Wilson. He should also get a couple carries.

With Hopkins questionable (even if his coach said limiting him in practice was a maintenance thing) and the game being Monday night, would you start him at WR or substitute Amari Cooper (standard league)?

How do you guys feel about Cooks vs the Washington secondary in PPR? 12 teams

Cooks or Kmet TE Premium

Currently have Cooks in but my gut says 6 catches(which is 4 for Kmet in TE prem) is easier for the Bears TE vs Atlanta.

PPR. Due to bye challenges I need to start either Curtis Samuel or Brandin Cooks.

How about a :heart: for Samuel and a (y) for Cooks to simplify voting?
This is very close for me. Samuel in a great matchup but really hasn't caught the eye of his new QB. Cooks might not be liked all that much in the huddle anymore and feels risky as heck.

I think I might go Cooks, but I don't like it.

PPR...Flex...J.Williams vs NYG or D.Mooney vs ATL? Playing the 1st place team. Was a decent dog but after Watson Thurs night it's now a tossup. Thanks

PPR...Flex...J.Williams vs NYG or D.Mooney vs ATL? Playing the 1st place team. Was a decent dog but after Watson Thurs night it's now a tossup. Thanks
full disclosure, I am a Bears fan .... I would go J Will over Mooney.
Thanks. I just realized K.Drake and P.Campbell are available as well. I have J.Williams in now but Campbell is interesting with Ryan back at QB.

I have lineup issues; injuries and bye weeks. I need to play TWO of these for flex spots:
Elliott
Hopkins
Kmet

I already have Pollard in the lineup as well. Kmet plays this morning while Elliott plays the later game with Hopkins going on Monday night. Obviously I don't have any luxury of seeing who is active or not.

Standard scoring Non-PPR league as well. Leaning Kmet and Hopkins.

With Hopkins questionable (even if his coach said limiting him in practice was a maintenance thing) and the game being Monday night, would you start him at WR or substitute Amari Cooper (standard league)?
Tough call for sure, I haven't been following Hopkins closely so I don't have a real feel for his status. IMO, so long as McSorley isn't the QB, if you think Hopkins is going to play, you play him.

But if there is enough uncertainty then Amari is a strong backup. It's hard to figure out what's going on with Buffalo. Cle got a big bump, IMO with the venue change too. My biggest concern, as always with Cle that Chubb will simply take over. It even if they're not on their A game they should be able to score on Cle.

I think this is a decision based on risk aversion. For me:

Hopkins>Amari

I have lineup issues; injuries and bye weeks. I need to play TWO of these for flex spots:
Elliott
Hopkins
Kmet

I already have Pollard in the lineup as well. Kmet plays this morning while Elliott plays the later game with Hopkins going on Monday night. Obviously I don't have any luxury of seeing who is active or not.

Tough spot. I'd go Kmet for sure. At least you know he's playing. The upside for Hopkins is so much greater than Elliot I'd go with him and pray he plays. Hopefully there is someone available on Monday you can pivot to if Hopkins is out.

PPR. Due to bye challenges I need to start either Curtis Samuel or Brandin Cooks.

How about a :heart: for Samuel and a (y) for Cooks to simplify voting?
I think I like Cooks by a little. His opportunities are probably more locked in and the matchup is solid.

Cooks>Samuel

How do you guys feel about Cooks vs the Washington secondary in PPR? 12 teams

Cooks or Kmet TE Premium

Currently have Cooks in but my gut says 6 catches(which is 4 for Kmet in TE prem) is easier for the Bears TE vs Atlanta.
I ride the hot hand with Kmet, particularly in FFPC format.

Kmet>Samuel

Love Mooney's talent but I think his target ceiling is around six, barring an aberration.

Jamaal should be in line for 15 touches against one of the worst run D's in the league.

Jamaal>Mooney

full disclosure, I am a Bears fan .... I would go J Will over Mooney.
Thanks. I just realized K.Drake and P.Campbell are available as well. I have J.Williams in now but Campbell is interesting with Ryan back at QB.
Gus Edwards is out I roll Drake over any of those guys. Too much potential opportunity.

I'm going with Drake over Jamaal ony own team (full PPR).

Elliott
Hopkins
Kmet

So long as you are not concerned with the possibility of Hopkins being a late scratch, I agree with your decisions.

I'm all over the place with this one

PPR league my WRs are AJ Brown, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Gabe Davis and Kadarius Toney. I need to start 3 and I'm the underdog in my matchup

I've had Toney in all week but every site has Davis ranked above Toney which has me second guessing myself.

Looking for upside which both have

Gabe Davis against CLE
Toney vs. the Chargers

???

Pacheco or Patterson?
PPR?

Hmmmmm...I think Patterson. Seems to have a lot more TD upside and I won't believe Andy Reid is capable of giving a single back 15+ carries in consecutive weeks until I see it.

Pacheco is also likely an non factor in the passing game.

Patterson>Pacheco

I'm all over the place with this one

PPR league my WRs are AJ Brown, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Gabe Davis and Kadarius Toney. I need to start 3 and I'm the underdog in my matchup

I've had Toney in all week but every site has Davis ranked above Toney which has me second guessing myself.

Looking for upside which both have

Gabe Davis against CLE
Toney vs. the Chargers

???
Hard to discount Davis, particularly for a, mostly, complete unknown.

HOWEVER! I think Toney is in line for a minimum of 6 targets with double digit upside and probably a rush or two. The week of disruption for Buffalo is difficult to handicap but it is easy to see how it would be a problem.

Honestly it's a coin toss so go with your gut, I think:
Toney>PachecoDavis

To be fair I am now biased as I chose Toney over Sutton in my league.

At brunch with family and 20 min to kickoff. Most answers will be lightning round format at this point.

PPR
Mike Williams vs KC
Aiyuk @ Ari

Not sure if I fully trust Williams since he is coming off an injury but is he better than Aiyuk? Normally this would not be close because Williams has a great matchup.

PPR
Mike Williams vs KC
Aiyuk @ Ari

Not sure if I fully trust Williams since he is coming off an injury but is he better than Aiyuk? Normally this would not be close because Williams has a great matchup.
Agreed. And you have a good option.

Aiyuk>Williams

Std scoring. Bonus at 100+ yd rushing/receiving.

Flex:
D'Onta Foreman @ Balt
Pacheco @ LAC
K. Toney @ LAC

Foreman worries me bc he is very script dependant, Baker is starting and Balt. favored by 13

Leaning toward Toney w Juju and Hardmen out. Think this will be more of a shootout w Allen and Williams back for LAC
I wouldn't blame you for going with Toney but I have great difficulty benching Foreman. He has only 4 games as a starter but he's averaging 20+ touches per game, 4.9 per carry with TDs in 2 of 4 games started. It's a bear of a matchup because the Ravens don't give up a lot of rush yards but they do give up 4.3 per carry and, surprisingly, 9 rush TDs. It's a volume play but I probably go with Foreman.

Pacheco isn't really an option because I cannot rely on the Chiefs and Andy Reid feeding any RB consistently week-over-week.

Toney has a great opportunity and I think he could see 10-12 touches, and even if it is only 6 targets they should be of the high quality nature. But, he is more of an unknown commodity.

Very close call, go with your gut. but I think:
Foreman>Toney>Pacheco
Went w my gut and benched Foreman. Got lucky, but just felt it coming w Mayfield in at QB. Baker will be out of the league soon. He is horrible. Colt McCoy is better. Carolina shoulda played Darnold.

Users who are viewing this thread