What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Kicker Contest! Officially an Official Topic! (1 Viewer)

It's a bold strategy because I don't see any way for your pick to win.

A long of 0 means no FG was kicked, and the rules require at least 1 FG to be kicked.
Yeah, I asked the question originally about 0/0 as this was circumventing the rules.  He added the stuff later which I didn't see til after I posted.

Oh well.  I am going to celebrate if I guess right anyway. 

Yeah, I asked the question originally about 0/0 as this was circumventing the rules.  He added the stuff later which I didn't see til after I posted.

I thought it was a pretty creative strategy - good thinking outside the box.

Wait what?  :unsure:

I answered you - absolutely without ambiguity, immediately, and said that no, you may not do that.

You then asked  2nd time and I again said no and added my reasoning why. 

and then I added it to the original post as well. 

there was no lag between the question and the rules clarification. Not to mention it didn’t require a clarification because to win by guessing a made FG, the K needs to make a FG. 

lol - c’mon son. 

Butker:  5 xpts plus 1 FG of 47 yds for a total 9.7 pts
Anybody get closer than 1.1 pts off?  If I understand the scoring properly.  Butker had 4 xpts and a 46 yd FG.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait what?  :unsure:

I answered you - absolutely without ambiguity, immediately, and said that no, you may not do that.

You then asked  2nd time and I again said no and added my reasoning why. 

and then I added it to the original post as well. 

there was no lag between the question and the rules clarification. Not to mention it didn’t require a clarification because to win by guessing a made FG, the K needs to make a FG. 

lol - c’mon son. 
I didn't see your modification.  I was going to celebrate as if I had won, if I guessed right knowing that I could not win and my entry was invalid.   We're all good.

I didn't see your modification.  I was going to celebrate as if I had won, if I guessed right knowing that I could not win and my entry was invalid.   We're all good.
👍🏼

Anybody get closer than 1.1 pts off?  If I understand the scoring properly.  Butker had 4 xpts and a 46 yd FG.  
I’ll sit down tomorrow after my orders are filled and work it all out.

Usually takes me a little time to put it all in a spreadsheet. Please be patient everyone. 

It’s not just points - the distance FG usually creates the most variance. Lots of missed PAT this week as well. 

Gonna drop everything into the  spreadsheet now & crunch it. Update coming "soon"-ish. ;)  
Still mad I missed this haha. Am in Canada so couldn't have got it anyways but have a close friend in Oregon I was going to send it to if I won haha. 

Will be ready for the next one. 

OK, here we go! 

first, thank you to everyone who participated - this contest is as fun as the members here make it, and this week was no exception. Largest group of entries to date, which of course meant it took longer to figure out. 

On to the dishonorable mentions: 

3. Brandon McManus - what a hideous display of K ineptitude. He didn't have a FGA, and somehow managed to shank 2/3 of his PATs. Sorry @bro1ncos, it was seriously not your week. You should leave a flaming poop on McManus's doorstep, ring the bell and run. If anyone asks, I did not encourage this reckless and probably illegal behavior. :sadbanana:

2. @QuizGuy66 also picked a K in Lutz who did not have a single FGA. He didn't miss a PAT, but this was the worst guess of the week with a total variance of a whopping 63.5 points. Woof. I'll need to check to see if Quizguys 1-65 fared any better. Oh, wait - looks like they didn't enter leaving you to bear the shame on the Quizguy family name. :sadbanana:

1. @NotSmart also managed to pick a K without a FG in Parkey, and man did he ever soil the sheets last night, missing both his FGAs and an XP to boot making him this week's worst K, and reinforcing why everyone hates this position in FF.  :sadbanana:

On to the winner...

3rd Place goes to @Dark Matter, who's guesses of Butker of 8.6 points (actual 12.8) and long of 47 (46!) were close enough for a total variance of 5.2 points. Well done, and better luck next time. 

2nd Place goes to @Warmest Regards, who was sooooo close with Hopkins, guessing 12.8 (actual 13.2) and long of 48 (actual 51) resulted in a total variance of just 3.4 points. Many weeks this would have been good enough for the prize. Alas, this week the winner was even more impressive. 

And the winner is: @Gally killed it, with Butker and guesses of 9.7 (actual 8.6) and long of 47 (actual 46) for a total variance of just 2.1 points.  :pickle:

Well done, Gally - PM me a good shipping address and your preference of mild, medium, hot or xhot (or some combo of these options) and I'll get your prize out with my next post office run. 

Thanks again for playing everyone & stay tuned - maybe I'll do a championship week event. If nothing else it'll keep folks active on the forum. :)  

~HSG

Users who are viewing this thread