What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

(14tm - PPR) - Do I plug Diontae Johnson in for a Questionable Achane or do I wait it out and pivot to CEH if Achane is a no-go tomorrow?

I can also plug Diontae Johnson in over Calvin Ridley and have more flexibility to choose either Ridley or CEH tomorrow if Achane is a no-go.

Can we even trust Achane if he plays?! :wall:
With Pacheco officially out I like plan B.

I risk it with Achane. He just looks so dynamic.

Super-Flex PPR need one

Zay Flowers v JAX
Rashee Rice @ NEP
Desmond Ridder @ CAR
Will Levis v HOU

Conventional wisdom is to go with a QB. Carolina is a massive run funnel defense. They are 6th best against opposing QBs on the season and 4th best since week 10.

If CJ Stroud plays, he's doubtful though, I would comfortably go with Levis and hope for a rookie QB "anything-you-can-do..." showdown but if it's Davis Mills I have concerns scoring could be suppressed.

I like Flowers over Rice by just a little bit because the Jags are a big time pass funnel defense (4th most points given up to opposing WRs on the season and 5th most since week 10).

Currently have Flowers in the lineup.

I hate kickers, but need to pick between McPherson or Lutz in a must win game. We get bonuses for long FGs. I was leaning McPherson as the Vikings have given up more points to Ks than Detroit, but the Vikings shutting out the Raiders last week makes me a bit more unsure about McPherson. Seems like more points should be scored in Lions/Broncos, but not sure if those aren't all TDs.

I hate kickers, but need to pick between McPherson or Lutz in a must win game. We get bonuses for long FGs. I was leaning McPherson as the Vikings have given up more points to Ks than Detroit, but the Vikings shutting out the Raiders last week makes me a bit more unsure about McPherson. Seems like more points should be scored in Lions/Broncos, but not sure if those aren't all TDs.
No real opinion, both the Vikings & Lions are giving up an average of 9 points to kickers since week 10.

Flip a coin :shrug:

ETA: @ericttspikes FWIW I just dropped Lutz for Havrisik (LAR). McPherson was also available.

Last edited:
Playoff semifinals. Non-PPR. Extra points for 9+ receptions, 40+ yd TDs. For TE spot: Dallas Goedert @ SEA or Isaiah Likely @ JAX ?

My current off. spots:
RB1: Alvin Kamara vs. NYG / RB2: Keaton Mitchell @ JAX (or Jerome Ford vs CHI)
WR1: Brandon Aiyuk @ ARI / WR2: Courtland Sutton @ DET
FLEX: Rashee Rice @ NE
I think likely is a bigger part of the gameplan than goedert.

I may need a flex in half PPR if Olave misses the game vs NYG. I can start one of:

- Goedert (vs SEA) or Waller (vs NO) if he comes back

- drop one of those TEs and pick up Doubs (vs TB), Smith-Njigba (vs PHI), Dotson (vs LAR) or Demario Douglas (vs KC).

Thanks!
doubs would be my choice

Standard:

CEH @ NE
Thielen vs Atl
D Douglas vs KC
Samuel @ LAC
Njoku

Start 1 in my flex

Thx

Last edited:
I have to choose two to put on the bench in a ppr:

Swift
KW3
DJ Moore
Cooper Kupp
Garrett Wilson
Zay Flowers
Rashee Rice

Must start at least one of the RBs. The rooks have been solid but wilson and kupp showed new life last week.
cant bench Kupp with that matchup vs washington. I would bench swift and one of zay flowers or rice.

A couple of different leagues here with questions:

Non-PPR, need 1 flex:
Elliott vs KC - I'm a little worried about game script here
Hopkins vs HOU - He has been hit or miss all year, but has come on lately
Rice vs NE - Rookie is getting more and more looks but the ball is spread around a lot

Non-PPR, need 1 flex out of this group
Olave vs NYG - Hasn't practiced this week but assuming he play
Ford vs CHI - Has injured wrist and is still splitting carries with Hunt
A. Jones vs TB - May need to give him a game once he does come back
Elliot is my choice because he has been producing given the opportunity. dont trust hopkins with thhe lousy qb he has and KC spreadsthe ball around too much.

Standard:

CEH @ NE
Thielen vs Car
D Douglas vs KC
Samuel @ LAC
Njoku

Start 1 in my flex

Thx
Oh man. I would be inclined to roll with Njoku and hope what he and Flacco did last week is a sign of things to come. He was already seeing great target volume, his measurables are off the chart and he seems like a better TD risk than your other options.

With Pacheco out I could also see CEH having legitimate TD upside. He would be my other option.

Revisiting my start 3 flex after losing Brian Rob and with Olave a GTD tomorrow. Scoring - .5 ppr, 6 pt tds but 40+ yard tds worth 8 pts.

Olave vs NYG - Great matchup but GTD
A Gibson @ LAR - Starting at this point as the game script seems to be a good one for him with a 50+ over
Diontae Johnson @ Ind (Saturday before the Saints Game - see Olave)
Njoku vs Chi
D London @ Car - Tough DBs

Which 3 do you go with assuming Olave doesnt play?
Gibson for sure...Less trust in any of the rest but I lean london and Njoku.... I just dont trust Johnson to not mail it in at this point.

I snuck into the playoffs as a 6 seed, starting. Jake Browning & Joe Flacco in SF. I'm unlikely to win, but I have a fair enough shot to take 3rd and recoup my entry fee this year. Big question is if I move someone off of taxi to help or not...

TE Premium, PPR, Devy Dynasty

Need 1 (with C Watson out) :

• Jerry Jeudy @ DET
  • *Parker Washington vs BAL

* Washington is on my taxi squad. To play him would mean dropping Jake Bobo. If I leave Washington on taxi, he can stay all of next year there too if I wish before having to be rostered/dropped before the 2025 season.
Washington has scored well 2 weeks in a row BUT that has been TD dependent. Jeudy is a better choice.

thanks again for this thread Chaka and everyone else who contribute, please please keep this up next year too.

standard league, no PPR, 1/10/6 setup with 100 yd bonus. Pick 2 RB of Kamara, Pollard, and Zeke.

I've been starting Kamara + Pollard all year, but then was able to pick up Zeke two weeks ago and I might be overthinking this. The pure logic part of my brain says there is no wrong answer, stick to Kamara+Pollard. But what fun is that? Would anyone start Zeke assuming Rhamondre is out and if so which of the two would I sit? I can tell you the individual FBG prognosticators are not aligned on this question based on their projections.

• Kamara at home vs the Giants. He's been the staple of my team all year but something about this game worries me. Olave potentially out, so let's assume he doesn't play. Hill being out last week I thought was going to be a boon, but he didn't get the redzone opportunities I was hoping for. Hill is back for this week, so back to Hill instead of Carr+Kamara at the goal line. Olave being out I think is a wash for Kamara because of Hill and the other TEs who get a lot of looks from captain checkdown.
  • Zeke at home vs KC. As long as Rhamondre is out, I think I have to start him. He has the best path to touches of the three backs and, according to several outlets, KC has been pretty good to opposing RB scoring.
  • Pollard. I mean, he's the most risky every week this year. I see that Dowdle is not carrying any injury designation as of today. He played well last week even though he was tagged as Q before gametime.
I like your line of thinking....Kamara for sure ...and given Pollard hasnt really performed up to what was expected from him so I would start Zeke over him at this point.

Need one with Allen out this week.....1pt PPR

Addison (MIN) @ Cincinnati
Downs (IND) v Pit
Shaheed (NO) vs NYG
D. Robinson (LAR) vs Wash

Leaning Robinson with Tutu not practicing yet this week.
In my leagues production from the return game is scored. Earlier in the season Shaheed was a really great add for me as he was catching bombs & returning kicks. Looking at him this morning there are articles regarding his availability & involvement. He's good to go. Carr has expressed feeling better than in recent weeks. I don't own any of your other players and can't speak to them. However, while Shaheed hasn't given us much in recent weeks, I see that Downs has sort of disappeared .. or something.

I also was taking an extended look at McLaurin & Washington in general. It's been reported that Rivera, all of them, are getting fired. We now that Gibson had words, I guess with EB back in camp. I read that there was incident with McLaurin as well. Perhaps the two were connected, I'm not sure. I think them coming out of their BYE isn't the same as it is or was for other teams. There's a narrative that he could bounce back, I wish I was sure. That's not your player, it's not even the same side of ball. Just saying, I think every fantasy asset on the Rams is viable against this team.

Super-Flex PPR need one

Zay Flowers v JAX
Rashee Rice @ NEP
Desmond Ridder @ CAR
Will Levis v HOU

Conventional wisdom is to go with a QB. Carolina is a massive run funnel defense. They are 6th best against opposing QBs on the season and 4th best since week 10.

If CJ Stroud plays, he's doubtful though, I would comfortably go with Levis and hope for a rookie QB "anything-you-can-do..." showdown but if it's Davis Mills I have concerns scoring could be suppressed.

I like Flowers over Rice by just a little bit because the Jags are a big time pass funnel defense (4th most points given up to opposing WRs on the season and 5th most since week 10).

Superflex? Not start a qb? That is nuts lol Seriously though Even a low level qb 2 is better than a wr2 like flowers and rice are. Consider this list: zach wilson, russell wilson, lawrence, mayfield, burrow,and Murray.... of that list only Burrow I consider a top qb, and every one of those qbs have scored over 23 points in standard scoring (6 pts per td may or may not be considered standard) since week 9vs Houston. Tenn is playing a houston team without its qb and top receiver. Last time that happened was Thusday when a team that couldnt score more than 3 points the week before scored 63. Is that going to happen again? HIGHLY unlikely but is Tenn goiing to get more offensive series than they would have with Stroud and Nico playing? absolutely.

2 decisions for me:
Smith Njigma vs an awful Philly defense or Parker Washington vs Balt. Washington has scored 2 weeks in a row but can you forecast a 3rd td in a row vs Balt? Smith Njigms didnt do much last week but it seems like if there was a team he will do something against its Philly. Right now I got Smith Njigma in as my wr3.

Idiot kickers
I have moody.... moody is never going to get me less than 5 points. He is in the top 3 in ratings on every site including FBG that I have looked at. But here is the thing: aft3er 3 good weeks to start the season dude hasnt scored well. He has a total of 1 fg in the last 3 weeks combined. That SF offense has been so efficient that it has been crushing my jam. I cant believe he is rated so highly EVERYWHERE and I just dont get it. Im considering picking up Havrisik LAR kicker vs washington who has given up the 2nd most points to kickers or riley patterson det kicker vs denver who has given up the 10th most points to K. Am I nuts to consider going against all these experts including FBG and fantasy pros who get opinions from a ton of experts???

Super-Flex PPR need one

Zay Flowers v JAX
Rashee Rice @ NEP
Desmond Ridder @ CAR
Will Levis v HOU

Superflex? Not start a qb? That is nuts lol Seriously though Even a low level qb 2 is better than a wr2 like flowers and rice are. Consider this list: zach wilson, russell wilson, lawrence, mayfield, burrow,and Murray.... of that list only Burrow I consider a top qb, and every one of those qbs have scored over 23 points in standard scoring (6 pts per td may or may not be considered standard) since week 9vs Houston. Tenn is playing a houston team without its qb and top receiver. Last time that happened was Thusday when a team that couldnt score more than 3 points the week before scored 63. Is that going to happen again? HIGHLY unlikely but is Tenn goiing to get more offensive series than they would have with Stroud and Nico playing? absolutely.
Yes, I would go with Levis.

Need to bench one. PPR with bonus points for long TDS (40/50+)

J. Warren @ Indy
Swift @ Seattle
Ridley vs. Ravens

2 decisions for me:
Smith Njigma vs an awful Philly defense or Parker Washington vs Balt. Washington has scored 2 weeks in a row but can you forecast a 3rd td in a row vs Balt? Smith Njigms didnt do much last week but it seems like if there was a team he will do something against its Philly. Right now I got Smith Njigma in as my wr3.

Idiot kickers
I have moody.... moody is never going to get me less than 5 points. He is in the top 3 in ratings on every site including FBG that I have looked at. But here is the thing: aft3er 3 good weeks to start the season dude hasnt scored well. He has a total of 1 fg in the last 3 weeks combined. That SF offense has been so efficient that it has been crushing my jam. I cant believe he is rated so highly EVERYWHERE and I just dont get it. Im considering picking up Havrisik LAR kicker vs washington who has given up the 2nd most points to kickers or riley patterson det kicker vs denver who has given up the 10th most points to K. Am I nuts to consider going against all these experts including FBG and fantasy pros who get opinions from a ton of experts???
I lean JSN pretty strongly. But that is heavily influenced by how little we really know about Washington. I think he has more target upside and even though the Eagles D has been a little less stout v the run recently they are still a massive pass funnel defense. I also believe the Eagles offense will have a "get right" game after two humiliating losses. JSN is still a part of the offense even with DK & Lockett both in the lineup. I don't know if he has much TD upside, he only has 4 targets inside the 10 on the season and only 7 inside the RedZone. But 4-50 or so seems reasonable with upside against this Eagles pass defense.

Washington has some selling points too. He has two RZ targets for two TDs (19 & 14 yards) in two games. He also is seeing a 60% snap share since Kirk went down early in the first quarter against Cincinnati. He is essentially on the field for as many plays as JSN. I could easily talk myself into starting him over JSN.

For me I probably play the matchup and presumptive physical talent advantage but it's very close
JSN>Washington

I picked up Havrisik this morning because of the matchup. I dropped Lutz. I do believe that kickers on winning teams score more on the season than kickers on losing teams (obviously). But the Niners efficiency does really make it difficult, particularly as Arizona doesn't look like much more than a speed bump. I guess this could be a trap game but I'm not sure I would put money on it. Frankly the Commanders could also be a trap game for the Rams (I still think the Rams win).

Bottom line is Kickers are random number generators so pick your guy and hold your nose. For me I might risk Harvisik over Moody.

Need to bench one. PPR with bonus points for long TDS (40/50+)

J. Warren @ Indy
Swift @ Seattle
Ridley vs. Ravens
Definitely not Swift IMO. I think Philly rolls Seattle.

I probably bench Warren. I don't like the Steelers offense even with Pickett healthy and they are downright terrible with Trubisky under center (i could easily see him benched at halftime for Rudolph).

Ridley has some big target upside with Kirk out. It's difficult to believe Lawrence and him will continue missing opportunities with that much volume (21 targets in two games without Kirk but only 8 receptions for 79 yards).

PPR (consolation bracket; my only goal is to avoid finishing in last place)
Javonte @ Det
Moss vs Pitt

Non-PPR, 4pt passing TDs (heavy underdog against top seed; just lost Herbert)
Flacco vs Chi
Browning vs Minn

Higgins vs Minn
Addison @ Cinci

The Higgins decision seems easier; as an underdog, I want to chase upside, and he seems to be getting the downfield shots.

The QB question has me going back and forth. Neither have a great matchup, but Browning facing Flores has me way more nervous. On the other hand, Cleveland's OL injuries also make me nervous. Also, the strategic move as an underdog would seem to be stacking Browning-Higgins and hoping for the high variance play
Obviously went with the wrong stack in this game. Should have gone Mullens/Addison

Javonte @ Det
Moss vs Pitt

Flacco vs Chi
Browning vs Minn

Higgins vs Minn
Addison @ Cinci

The Higgins decision seems easier; as an underdog, I want to chase upside, and he seems to be getting the downfield shots.

The QB question has me going back and forth. Neither have a great matchup, but Browning facing Flores has me way more nervous. On the other hand, Cleveland's OL injuries also make me nervous. Also, the strategic move as an underdog would seem to be stacking Browning-Higgins and hoping for the high variance play
Obviously went with the wrong stack in this game. Should have gone Mullens/Addison
I don't see where you said a Mullens/Addison stack was an option. Then again, I wouldn't have recommended it either way

Lightning round for 1 starter at each position?

1 QB, 4 pt passing TD, PPR, 1 pt per 10 return yards

--QB: Goff or Russell Wilson (both @DET)

I don't know what's up with Goff lately and Russ has been surprisingly consistent

--RB: Javonte @DET, Najee @IND, Warren @IND

Colts run defense has been bad, but don't know if I trust PIT without Pickett (see also Pickens in my WR situation)

--WR: Pickens @IND, Downs vs PIT, Dotson @LAR, Shaheed vs NYG

Might actually lean Shaheed because of the return yards

--TE: Ferguson @BUF, Likely @Jax

JAX has been very good for TEs...

Okay, going with Levis as my flex.

PPR

Would anyone start Rashee Rice @ NEP or Zay Flowers v JAX over Pittman v PIT?

I love both Rice & Flowers but just can't see benching Pittman in a PPR league. He has such a high floor he feels like an auto-start.

Lightning round for 1 starter at each position?

1 QB, 4 pt passing TD, PPR, 1 pt per 10 return yards

--QB: Goff or Russell Wilson (both @DET)

I don't know what's up with Goff lately and Russ has been surprisingly consistent

--RB: Javonte @DET, Najee @IND, Warren @IND

Colts run defense has been bad, but don't know if I trust PIT without Pickett (see also Pickens in my WR situation)

--WR: Pickens @IND, Downs vs PIT, Dotson @LAR, Shaheed vs NYG

Might actually lean Shaheed because of the return yards

--TE: Ferguson @BUF, Likely @Jax

JAX has been very good for TEs...
Wilson because of his stability.

Javonte because I have zero faith in a Trubisky/Rudolph offense.

Shaheed because of return yardage bonus.

Push for TEs. No problem with either.

Javonte @ Det
Moss vs Pitt

Flacco vs Chi
Browning vs Minn

Higgins vs Minn
Addison @ Cinci

I don't see where you said a Mullens/Addison stack was an option. Then again, I wouldn't have recommended it either way
No, I meant Browning-Higgins. Never in doubt :lmao:

Okay, going with Levis as my flex.

PPR

Would anyone start Rashee Rice @ NEP or Zay Flowers v JAX over Pittman v PIT?

I love both Rice & Flowers but just can't see benching Pittman in a PPR league. He has such a high floor he feels like an auto-start.
I think you gotta go Pittman yeah

I'm theorizing that Downs still isn't 100% (or even 80%) from his knee injury and Pittman will continue to bombarded with targets

Najee or Achane?

If I go with Achane and he doesn't play tomorrow, I have to go to McKinnon
Well McKinnon is a nice consolation prize is a nice consolation prize if Achane doesnt play and honestly if Najee wasnt playing against a bad Indy running defense I might prefer Mckinnon anyway. Personally I play Achane and roll the dice. McKinnon imo is the rb to have in KC right now anyway.

Najee or Achane?

If I go with Achane and he doesn't play tomorrow, I have to go to McKinnon
Well McKinnon is a nice consolation prize is a nice consolation prize if Achane doesnt play and honestly if Najee wasnt playing against a bad Indy running defense I might prefer Mckinnon anyway. Personally I play Achane and roll the dice. McKinnon imo is the rb to have in KC right now anyway.
Sounds like Achane is going to be out based on elevations from practice squad by Dolphins just announced on Twitter.

2 decisions for me:

Idiot kickers
I like JSN vs Philly's horrible pass D. I am concerned about the wind in Jacksonville as well.
I would go Havrisik>>Moody.

Just throw the ball down the field. Checking down to the RBs isn't going to get you a miracle. Jesus, are they afraid they might throw a pick?

PPR, have a couple of decisions:

RB2 & FLEX:
J Cook vs. DAL
Hubbard vs. ATL
Ford vs. CHI

TE:
Waller @ NO
Schultz @ TEN

Pick one please ppr league. Zay Flowers at Jax , George Kittle at Ari, Trey McBride vs SF... also of note my QB is Lamar Jackson / Thanks in advance

Defense heavy league, checking in. Yards and points against count as negative while points for, safeties, sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries count positive. Average DEF runs around -14ppg.

I've been fortunate having DAL and CLE this season, but I am seriously torn this week.

DAL DEF vs Buffalo at Buffalo

or

CLE DEF at home vs the Bears

DAL definitely has the higher ceiling and BUF's offense hasn't been stellar the last few games.
CLE has the better floor (IMO) at home vs a Bears offense and defense that has been trending up.

Thoughts?

Kicker Mania: Currently have Sanders in at home but forecast says rain and 23 mph winds. Other options:

Myers at home on MNF vs Phi - Rain in the forecast and Geno is a GTD
Grupe vs NYG at home indoors
Anders C vs TB at home -

Users who are viewing this thread