What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

PPR, have a couple of decisions:

RB2 & FLEX:
J Cook vs. DAL
Hubbard vs. ATL
Ford vs. CHI

TE:
Waller @ NO
Schultz @ TEN
There isn't a good answer here IMO. I probably lean Cook because the Bills have the best overall offense. But any of them could outproduce the others.

You have two gimpy TEs with average, at best QBs. I guess Schultz has the better matchup so I probably l am that way.

Pick one please ppr league. Zay Flowers at Jax , George Kittle at Ari, Trey McBride vs SF... also of note my QB is Lamar Jackson / Thanks in advance
I guess in a PPR I probably lean McBride because I think he has the highest target ceiling. I also like Zay because the Jags are a pass funnel defense and he has been playing very strong lately. In fact it imagine I would probably end up starting Zay Flowers because I really enjoy watching him play too.

Defense question - big bonuses for low pts/yds allowed. For example, under 10pts and under 200yds w/ a couple of sacks can be 30 pts and easily wash away a bad decision I might make elsewhere.
Browns vs Bears - lots of injuries for the Browns
Bears vs Browns - Flaaco should get some yds/pts
Falcons vs Panthers - bad weather might keep the score low, but do I risk my matchup on a mediocre defense?

Defense heavy league, checking in. Yards and points against count as negative while points for, safeties, sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries count positive. Average DEF runs around -14ppg.

I've been fortunate having DAL and CLE this season, but I am seriously torn this week.

DAL DEF vs Buffalo at Buffalo

or

CLE DEF at home vs the Bears

DAL definitely has the higher ceiling and BUF's offense hasn't been stellar the last few games.
CLE has the better floor (IMO) at home vs a Bears offense and defense that has been trending up.

Thoughts?
Good options. It's a coin toss, really but I think I go with the Browns

The Bears offense has definitely been playing better lately and their defense is solid but the Bills offense is still much better and much more consistent.

Justin Fields is still getting sacked 11% of his drop backs compared to 3.7% for Allen. Allen has eight games with one or fewer sacks surrendered. The fewest sacks Fields has given up is two, one time, otherwise it's been three or more in his eight other starts.

Kicker Mania: Currently have Sanders in at home but forecast says rain and 23 mph winds. Other options:

Myers at home on MNF vs Phi - Rain in the forecast and Geno is a GTD
Grupe vs NYG at home indoors
Anders C vs TB at home -
I guess Grupe is probably the safe option but, really it's just a WAG.

Okay, going with Levis as my flex.

PPR

Would anyone start Rashee Rice @ NEP or Zay Flowers v JAX over Pittman v PIT?

I love both Rice & Flowers but just can't see benching Pittman in a PPR league. He has such a high floor he feels like an auto-start.
Can't predict injuries but, only about 6 players I start instead of Pittman & your two are not them.

Defense question - big bonuses for low pts/yds allowed. For example, under 10pts and under 200yds w/ a couple of sacks can be 30 pts and easily wash away a bad decision I might make elsewhere.
Falcons vs Panthers - bad weather might keep the score low, but do I risk my matchup on a mediocre defense?
I think my philosophy is to go with the best overall defense and ride it out.

That's the Browns. And it's a fine matchup too, Fields gets sacked on 11% of his drop backs.

Big underdog and need to decide between Engram and Kincaid at TE. PPR league. Have to start Zay Jones at WR due to injuries so not sure I want 2 offensive players for Jags even though Engram ranked higher. Engram or Kincaid?

Big underdog and need to decide between Engram and Kincaid at TE. PPR league. Have to start Zay Jones at WR due to injuries so not sure I want 2 offensive players for Jags even though Engram ranked higher. Engram or Kincaid?
There could be wind issues in Jacksonville so you should monitor that.

But Engram just seems like the better choice. He's seeing a ton of volume and has finally started finding the end zone.

Kincaid is a decent option but with Knox back it clouds his upside IMO.

I wouldn't let concerns about Zay Jones prevent me from starting the better option.l at another position.

Bijan or Pollard? Bad weather in Charlotte will hurt the ATL passing game (lol), but CAR is 30th vs the run so it's a good matchup on paper. But if it's a monsoon it could just shut down all the offense (and increase fumbles).

DJ Moore or Ridley?
Neither matchup is great. Both look rainy/windy. Or I could roll the dice with Wandale @ NO.

Last one - currently leaning putting A Jones in over Achane, depending on reports out of pregame warmups.

Lamar Jackson vs Jax (weather) or Jordon Love vs TB

maybe over thinking this one Josh Allen vs Dal (weather) pr Stafford vs Wash thanks

IMPORTANT BUSINESS

have three flexes to fill for playoff matchup which is now looking worse after Pittman only played a half. I am a decent underdog now, so mostly looking for upside.

PPR, return yards, 4 pt pass TD,

Dotson @ LAR
Likely @ JAX
Taysom Hill vs NYG
Greg Dortch vs SF
Doubs vs TB

Currently leaning toward the top 3 who I think have the highest upside, but I am worried likely’s floor and considering throwing Dortch in there since he gets the return yards and is a deep threat. Tampa’s pass defense is pretty rough but doubs can’t seem to be consistent.

Bijan or Pollard? Bad weather in Charlotte will hurt the ATL passing game (lol), but CAR is 30th vs the run so it's a good matchup on paper. But if it's a monsoon it could just shut down all the offense (and increase fumbles).

DJ Moore or Ridley? Neither matchup is great. Both look rainy/windy. Or I could roll the dice with Wandale @ NO.

Last one - currently leaning putting A Jones in over Achane, depending on reports out of pregame warmups.
I'm going with Bijan but no issue with anyone who prefers Pollard. Atlanta needs this game and it's a great matchup. Hopeful he's a mudder.

I think I would go with Moore, he's just such a big part of that offense. And he has that fire in him that I love. That being said, Ridley seems to be getting great volume. If he and Lawrence get in the same page ever he will have some nice outings.

If Dillon is out I have no problem with Jones...okay some problems...he could still split carries with Taylor. But, of Dillon out Jones may be a fine play.

maybe over thinking this one Josh Allen vs Dal (weather) pr Stafford vs Wash thanks
Lamar and Allen. It's crunch time, play your best players.

I can see the argument for Love but I don't think I could roll him over Lamar.

Yeah I have Lamar or Tua. No brainer in good weather considering the matchups. I think I'm still rolling with Lamar due to his running ability. Tua with a bad OL vs the Jets D just scares the **** out of me.

Love at home vs TB makes it a tougher call. I might lean Love here, although last week's showing (albeit on the road against a better pass D) gives me a little pause.

Injury/illness related: Jalen (Q, illness) on MNF vs Sam Howell @ LAR

Howell's had some big games, so I'm tempted. Of course I face him in another league so a big game from him helps me one place and hurts me another :sadbanana:

6 pt passing TDs, no turnover penalties

Start Dak Prescott in the wind and rain at Bills or Lawrence vs Balt in the rain? Prescott had been a no-brainer until the last few weeks.

Non-PPR league.

A Jones vs TB - with Dillon out, he should be the workhorse;

Ford vs CHI - sharing the workoad with Hunt.

Leaning toward Jones, but would love to give him a game back first,

With the recent news of Achane IN/Tyreek OUT.....WSIS Flex PPR??

Achane v. NYJ
Ridley v. BAL

I have to start Achane, right? RIGHT?

1 pt PPR

Achane vs Jets
Hubbard vs Atlanta

I’m a slight favorite.
It's a different offense without Tyreek for sure. I still really want to say Achane but I know I have an anti Hubbard bias. Hubbard should see plenty of volume, certainly more than Achane but Atlanta has been stout against RBs all year... yeah tough call for sure.

I probably go with Achane because he's more fun to watch but if I'm being honest Hubbard does feel like a 'safer' option.

Injury/illness related: Jalen (Q, illness) on MNF vs Sam Howell @ LAR

Howell's had some big games, so I'm tempted. Of course I face him in another league so a big game from him helps me one place and hurts me another :sadbanana:
I hadn't heard that about Hurts. Personally, I would pick up Mariota and cross my fingers.

6 pt passing TDs, no turnover penalties

Start Dak Prescott in the wind and rain at Bills or Lawrence vs Balt in the rain? Prescott had been a no-brainer until the last few weeks.
I had not heard any weather related concerns coming out of Buffalo. Maybe some mild rain but nothing about wind. Jacksonville OTOH may have some issues.

Still, I start Dak simply because he's better than Lawrence.

Non-PPR league.

A Jones vs TB - with Dillon out, he should be the workhorse;

Ford vs CHI - sharing the workoad with Hunt.

Leaning toward Jones, but would love to give him a game back first,
I do worry about Jones lasting the whole game, and Taylor will still probably see opportunities out of the backfield. But a healthy Jones can be a force and should see GL opportunities, unlike Ford.

Ford is probably a bit safer but I think I lean Jones.

With the recent news of Achane IN/Tyreek OUT.....WSIS Flex PPR??

Achane v. NYJ
Ridley v. BAL

I have to start Achane, right? RIGHT?
Ridley has seen crazy volume since Kirk went down (21 targets) but that has only translated to 8-79-0. If Ridley & Lawrence get on the same page you could easily regret starting Achane but, yes I probably still start Achane.

IMPORTANT BUSINESS

have three flexes to fill for playoff matchup which is now looking worse after Pittman only played a half. I am a decent underdog now, so mostly looking for upside.

PPR, return yards, 4 pt pass TD,

Dotson @ LAR
Likely @ JAX
Taysom Hill vs NYG
Greg Dortch vs SF
Doubs vs TB

Currently leaning toward the top 3 who I think have the highest upside, but I am worried likely’s floor and considering throwing Dortch in there since he gets the return yards and is a deep threat. Tampa’s pass defense is pretty rough but doubs can’t seem to be consistent.
I would also pick the top three. I guess Dortch has value in return yardage formats but I am not sure how to handicap that. IMO I stick with the top three.

Well with Olave a last minute scratch, the WW is bare.

It’s either AT Perry, Zay Jones, or CEH. Too bad JT isn’t back this week.

0.5 PPR - which 2 to start?

Kareem Hunt
Aaron Jones
Devin Singletary
Terry McLaurin
Kareem Hunt
Antonio Gibson
Zay Jones

Defense heavy league, checking in. Yards and points against count as negative while points for, safeties, sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries count positive. Average DEF runs around -14ppg.

I've been fortunate having DAL and CLE this season, but I am seriously torn this week.

DAL DEF vs Buffalo at Buffalo

or

CLE DEF at home vs the Bears

DAL definitely has the higher ceiling and BUF's offense hasn't been stellar the last few games.
CLE has the better floor (IMO) at home vs a Bears offense and defense that has been trending up.

Thoughts?
Take the home team in the crappy weather.

I wouldn’t assume Flacco getting yards and points. Bears D has been great since getting Sweat, just shut down the Lions. All three are great options though.

Achane / Diggs / AJ Brown - need 2 (1/2 pt ppr)
Howell or Love

Thanks
Bench Achane IMO. He's not nearly as big a part of the Dolphins offense as Riggs & AJ are.
Thanks - I have Hurts, Howell and Love at QB (we dont allow pickups in playoffs) so either have to roll the dice with Hurts and pray or play Howell or Love instead
Nothing wrong with Howell or Love. Tough to pick between them but Howell should throw a lot more passes. You just need to hope this isn't one of his dud games.

Against the pundits advice, I'm starting Waller over Thielan at flex. Need the ceiling more than a floor.

Users who are viewing this thread