What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4)
Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let's try to get as many people into the playoffs, or win their first round matchups as we can!

1.0 PPR, deciding who to bench between Ekeler (vs LV), Etienne (vs BAL), and Achane (vs NYJ). My instinct is Ekeler and Achane give me the best shot, and I need some home runs this week…

Appreciate any advice to help with my lineup.
In a full PPR, need ANY 3 (currently projected to be a very close matchup):

Mixon vs Vikings - he's looked great with Browning, but is will he lose more touches to Brown.
Achane vs Jets - Jets aren't great vs the pass catching RBs, but without an explosive TD, Achane won't win my week.
Gibbs vs Broncos - getting plenty of touches.
Monty vs Broncos - starting to lose more touches.
Kupp vs Commanders - he still appeared to be limping a bit vs Ravens last week, but is he close to 90% now?
Hockenson vs Bengals - Cincy is terrible vs TEs, but Mullens doesn't maximize his TEs as much going back to his time in San Fran.

1.0 PPR, deciding who to bench between Ekeler (vs LV), Etienne (vs BAL), and Achane (vs NYJ). My instinct is Ekeler and Achane give me the best shot, and I need some home runs this week…
I think it depends on if you're favored or not. Kyren had a good game against the Ravens last week, so I wouldn't necessarily shy away from Etienne. Etienne has also scored 2 weeks in a row to help his stat line. Ekeler on the other hand has been terrible to the point of LAC increasing Spiller and Kelley's usage. I think Achane is your best bet, followed by Etienne.

Two queries here:
FFPC scoring:

Need ONE flex here:

K.Mitchell @ Jax
N.Brown @ Tenn
A.Thielen vs Atl

And ONE flex here:

K.Mitchell @ Jax
Z.Flowers @ Jax
A.Thielen vs Atl
D.Goedert @ Sea

Mixon vs Vikings - he's looked great with Browning, but is will he lose more touches to Brown.
Achane vs Jets - Jets aren't great vs the pass catching RBs, but without an explosive TD, Achane won't win my week.
Kupp vs Commanders - he still appeared to be limping a bit vs Ravens last week, but is he close to 90% now?
Hockenson vs Bengals - Cincy is terrible vs TEs, but Mullens doesn't maximize his TEs as much going back to his time in San Fran.
Favored:
Gibbs, Kupp, Mixon

Dog:
Gibbs, Kupp, Achane

Favored:
Gibbs, Kupp, Mixon

Dog:
Gibbs, Kupp, Achane

I’d agree with this.

I can’t answer the other one as I don’t know FFPC scoring sorry

I’m struggling to decide my last non QB flex spot in a 0.5ppr SF league. Dynasty and I’m favoured in the matchup

K Mitchell v Jax
C Brown v Min
Addison v Cinci

I’ve all but given up on Addison for the time being. He’s been useless since Cousins got injured.

I’m struggling to decide my last non QB flex spot in a 0.5ppr SF league. Dynasty and I’m favoured in the matchup

K Mitchell v Jax
C Brown v Min
Addison v Cinci

I’ve all but given up on Addison for the time being. He’s been useless since Cousins got injured.
With JJ playing, I agree no Addison. I like Mitchell but if we hear that C Brown will get more snaps this week than last then maybe him since he could get more check-downs, but Keaton likely to get more touches.

Last edited:
Long passing TD and any length rushing TD bonuses:

Please pick 1...this is the consensus ranking:
Howell @ LAR -- hard to trust him plus Rams D playing well vs the pass in general
Browning home v. Vikings - will the Minnesota blitz/drop back in coverage limit his upside?
K Murray home v. SF - toughest D match-up of the 3 but will have negative game script (assuming they are trying to win/score). If Hollywood and M Wilson are both out that lowers him?

2pts per Rec, 1 pt per 10yd Rec, 1pt per 10yd Rush, 6pt TD

TE Taysom Hill or TE Darren Waller (Saints Vs NYG) (assuming both are suited up and active)

1/2 point PPR with 6 pt tds and 2 pt bonus for long tds over 40 yards. We start 3 flex so need (3) from this crew:

Olave vs NYG - Starting
J Jacobs vs LAC - Assume he isnt playing due to 2 days of DNP
B Robinson (Was) @ LAR - Only in consideration if he plays in a Dome
Diontae Johnson @ Ind - Dome
Njoku vs Chi - Rain and Chicago is middle of the road against TEs
D London @ Car - might be raining

Leaning Olave, Johnson and Robinson if he plays.

TE Taysom Hill or TE Darren Waller (Saints Vs NYG) (assuming both are suited up and active)
Waller seems to have the better match-up for the opposing D but once you consider Taysom's RB touches, that changes. I would go Hill for higher upside assuming full health.

1/2 point PPR with 6 pt tds and 2 pt bonus for long tds over 40 yards. We start 3 flex so need (3) from this crew:

Olave vs NYG - Starting

I'm guessing Robinson Jr doesn't play and now Diontae has a knee injury - but despite TD's in back to back games, not sure we can trust him/Trubisky.
Despite the match-ups, I like riding the hot hands of Njoku and London to go with Olave. All 3 could get force fed again unless it's crazy windy for the outdoor games.

I can see the reasoning but what if Stick is really bad and LAC doesn't score much? I think Etienne may be safer while still offering big upside.

Favored:
Gibbs, Kupp, Mixon

Dog:
Gibbs, Kupp, Achane

I’d agree with this.

K Mitchell v Jax
C Brown v Min
Addison v Cinci

I think Addison is a no-go. Brown has a tougher matchup vs Vikes considering limited touches. Mitchell seems to be trending towards a breakout in a rainy/windy game that is sure to lean heavily towards the running game.

Olave vs NYG - Starting

I think I'd swap Robinson for Njoku. Robinson is dealing with a hamstring injury and didn't practice yesterday after being on a bye last week. Also, Bears are bottom (27th) vs TEs.

Defense question. First round of playoffs.

* MIA D vs NYJs -- Miami D produced big time in their first matchup. Miami at home. Statistically a great matchup. However, Miami is severely injured on both sides of the ball while the NYJs just may have turned a corner with Z. Wilson.

or

* KC D @NE -- The narrative is KC will be burning mad after losing last week. Must win for them. Doubt they will take NE lightly. NE offense looked functional last week @PIT...or a while, then reverted to the same ol' offense in the 2nd half. This is a much better D than PIT.

Probably looking for floor more than ceiling. I'm a big favorite.

Which D?

Thanks

1/2 Pt PPR

Need 3 of 4

Z. Moss, Achane, Pitman, Diggs

Cheatsheets are saying sit Achane (my opponent has Mostert). I'm a little worried about having Moss and Pitman going in same game...

Last edited:

Favored:
Gibbs, Kupp, Mixon

Dog:
Gibbs, Kupp, Achane

I’d agree with this.

K Mitchell v Jax
C Brown v Min
Addison v Cinci

Brown looked really good last week...you could basically flip a coin between him and Mitchell...both going against solid run D just how much will they be involved with pass attack. I'd lean Brown slightly.

* MIA D vs NYJs -- Miami D produced big time in their first matchup. Miami at home. Statistically a great matchup. However, Miami is severely injured on both sides of the ball while the NYJs just may have turned a corner with Z. Wilson.

or

* KC D @NE -- The narrative is KC will be burning mad after losing last week. Must win for them. Doubt they will take NE lightly. NE offense looked functional last week @PIT...or a while, then reverted to the same ol' offense in the 2nd half. This is a much better D than PIT.

Which D?

Thanks
KC for me....NE has less weapons overall.

No PPR, Long TD bonuses.

QB Need 2 of: Howell, Love, Murray, R Wilson
RB Need 3 of: B Robinson, B Hall, A Mattison, T Chandler, J Warren, Z White
WR Need 3 of: ARSB, McLaurin, C Watson, A Cooper, D Johnson

1/2 Pt PPR

Need 3 of 4

Cheatsheets are saying sit Achane (my opponent has Mostert). I'm a little worried about having Moss and Pitman going in same game...
I think sitting Achane is the right call, unless you're a major underdog and would need the 25 point possibility to win.

or

Which D?

Thanks
KC

1 point PPR

start 2

Adams vs Chargers
Sutton at Lions
London at Carolina
Kittle at Cardinals
McBride vs 49ers
Hubbard vs Falcons

Start 1

McBride vs 49ers
Kittle at Cardinals

Thanks!

Achane may make this easy for you depending on his injury status. Tyreek's status should also be monitored because the way the offense seems to perform without him is his best argument for MVP. The Jets are a difficult matchup to figure out as well.

Still, if you're looking for home runs then, yes Ekeler and Achane are probably your options. Personally I would consider Etienne over Ekeler but, at the end of the day I can't make a great argument for either one over the other.

First and foremost I think you have a lot of good options. Picking the "correct" three is going to be a real problem. Considering it's a full PPR I can't see benching Kupp against that Commanders pass defense. He may have been limping last week but he limped to the tune of 10 targets for 8-117-1. It's Cooper Kupp, if he's on the field you start him.

I also like Gibbs here. He has outsnapped Monty in 4 of 5 games, he's getting 5 targets/game since Monty came back, and he is getting work near the goal line. The Lions are struggling but it doesn't look like the Lions think Gibbs is part of the problem.

Your last choice is a legit coin toss. If I want a home run, I start Achane and don't look back but, realistically Mixon is the smart choice IMO. His volume is way too good lately to ignore. Brown has been getting great work too but it's at the expense of the passing game, not Mixon. The Cincinnati offense is running through the backfield not Jake Browning.

Two queries here:
FFPC scoring:

Need ONE flex here:

K.Mitchell @ Jax
N.Brown @ Tenn
A.Thielen vs Atl

And ONE flex here:

K.Mitchell @ Jax
Z.Flowers @ Jax
A.Thielen vs Atl
D.Goedert @ Sea
I don't think you can rely on Noah Brown even when he's healthy. Couple that with Stroud being in the concussion protocol I don't see how Brown is an option today. Maybe that changes a little with thu/fri practice reports but not right now.

Thielen is your "smart" choice even if it isn't particularly exciting.

If you want a home run then maybe roll the dice on Mitchell.

FWIW I would start Flowers over all your other options. 18 targets and three TDs over his last two games with some near misses as well and he's playing a pass funnel Jags defense.

I also like Goedert probably ahead of your other options, aside from Flowers, but that is more of a hunch than a real breakdown of matchup etc.

Flowers>Goedert>Thielen>Mitchell

But I bump Mitchell if you need to swing for the fences.

So my conundrum is at QB, pts all TDs:

Goff vs Denver at home. Denver is 20th vs QBs.

Lawrence vs Balt at home. Balt is 2nd best vs QBs.

Earlier in the year this would he a slam dunk with Goff at home and Lawrence struggling, but the past month Goff has been just awful and Lawrence has been decent. It's the #2 Balt defence that has me worried with Lawrence.

It's very close for me, but slightly leaning Goff just because they are at home...talk me off the ledge.

K Mitchell v Jax
C Brown v Min
Addison v Cinci

I think it's a real coin toss between Mitchell & Brown but the matchup definitely favors Brown so that's who I would probably start.

Long passing TD and any length rushing TD bonuses:

Please pick 1...this is the consensus ranking:
Howell @ LAR -- hard to trust him plus Rams D playing well vs the pass in general
Browning home v. Vikings - will the Minnesota blitz/drop back in coverage limit his upside?
K Murray home v. SF - toughest D match-up of the 3 but will have negative game script (assuming they are trying to win/score). If Hollywood and M Wilson are both out that lowers him?
I'm not starting anyone against that Niner defense ATM. Michael Wilson doesn't move the needle regardless of his playing status, honestly I have no idea why he is even a thing.

Browning is incredibly efficient but I think the Bengals offense is running through the running backs. Browning averages 29 passes/game, Howell averages 39 on the season and 40 over his last five. It's a good matchup too.

Howell>Browning

Hill pretty easily. He's a swiss army knife who gets all kinds of crazy usage, Waller hasn't even had one game back with the new QBs.

Olave vs NYG - Starting

Rain doesn't concern me unless it's some kind of torrential downpour like SF @ Chi in '22. Even in that game Fields had two TD passes.

I agree with starting Olave.

Personally I would start Njoku without really thinking twice. He's getting 10 targets/game and it seems like Flacco may be locking in on him.

After that it's a tossup between London & Jacobs because I have zero faith in the Pittsburgh QBs and Brian Robinson seems to have lost his TD mojo.

If Jacobs is out, it's an easy choice with London. If Jacobs plays I might be inclined to start him because he has a legitimate chance to get 20+ opportunities and that is difficult to ignore.

or

Which D?

Thanks
KC and I don't really think twice.

Mind you, the Dolphins are a fine choice if you are feeling it but I'm going with KC and the idea that Zappe turns back into a pumpkin.

1/2 Pt PPR

Need 3 of 4

Are you really asking if anyone thinks you should bench Diggs or Pittman?

Between Moss & Achane it really depends on your needs. Moss is a fine option as he is a great volume play, his efficiency has been terrible over his last two starts but he's a lot more likely to get 20 opportunities than Achane. Moss is the "smart" choice IMO. However Achane still looks very dynamic every time he gets the ball, if you need a home run he is probably the right call.

No PPR, Long TD bonuses.

QB Need 2 of: Howell, Love, Murray, R Wilson
RB Need 3 of: B Robinson, B Hall, A Mattison, T Chandler, J Warren, Z White
WR Need 3 of: ARSB, McLaurin, C Watson, A Cooper, D Johnson
Including matchups is very much appreciated. For example I have no idea who B. Robinson is unless you mention if he's playing @LAR or @CarioN

Howell because no one throws the ball more and it's a good matchup.

Probably Wilson as your other option with the possibility of swapping to Love if Watson is back, which I doubt.

ARSB is an auto start. Considering your other options so is McLaurin because even if he isn't finding the endzone he is still a good volume play. Your other options are all gimpy and/or have highly suspect QB play. Given that I guess I would roll with Watson if he plays and Coop if he doesn't. I have zero faith in the Pittsburgh QBs.

For the RBs Jaylen Warren because he's healthiest. Breece Hall because he is by far the most talented and probably whoever is left standing between Chandler and Mattison. If Mattison starts then I play him, if he's out I go with Chandler. I don't have much interest in Zamir even if Jacobs is out.

1 point PPR

start 2

Adams vs Chargers
Sutton at Lions
London at Carolina
Kittle at Cardinals
McBride vs 49ers
Hubbard vs Falcons

Start 1

McBride vs 49ers
Kittle at Cardinals

Thanks!
I don't think I can bench Sutton at this point and I probably risk it with McBride just because of his incredible volume lately. But, really you can make an argument for any combination of these guys (I put Hubbard last in all categories because that team just doesn't score a lot).

McBride over Kittle because of volume.

So my conundrum is at QB, pts all TDs:

Goff vs Denver at home. Denver is 20th vs QBs.

Lawrence vs Balt at home. Balt is 2nd best vs QBs.

Earlier in the year this would he a slam dunk with Goff at home and Lawrence struggling, but the past month Goff has been just awful and Lawrence has been decent. It's the #2 Balt defence that has me worried with Lawrence.

It's very close for me, but slightly leaning Goff just because they are at home...talk me off the ledge.
I think you have to roll Lawrence and hold your breath. He has simply been that much better over the last 4-5 games even with a bum ankle last week.

Davante Adams tonight or DeAndre Hopkins? 0.5 ppr
It's pretty much a push don't you think? I guess I give Hopkins an edge because Levis seems like a much better QB and he has found the end zone with more regularity.

But there is hope the Chargers have quit on the season but I don't know if you can rely on that.

Need to start one of these TE's at my 2nd flex spot (1.5PPR for TE)....

Hudson (CIN) vs MIN
Freiermuth (PIT) @IND
Knox (BUF) vs DAL

If Kincaid doesn't play, Knox is the obvious choice, I think. Unfortunately, we probably won't know that until it's too late, given CIN and PIT both play on Saturday. I'm leaning slightly towards Hudson, who has averaged 10+ PPG in this format over the past six weeks. He hasn't been spectacular, but he's been consistently decent.

Need one with Allen out this week.....1pt PPR

Addison (MIN) @ Cincinnati
Downs (IND) v Pit
Shaheed (NO) vs NYG
D. Robinson (LAR) vs Wash

Leaning Robinson with Tutu not practicing yet this week.

Need to start one of these TE's at my 2nd flex spot (1.5PPR for TE)....

Hudson (CIN) vs MIN
Freiermuth (PIT) @IND
Knox (BUF) vs DAL

If Kincaid doesn't play, Knox is the obvious choice, I think. Unfortunately, we probably won't know that until it's too late, given CIN and PIT both play on Saturday. I'm leaning slightly towards Hudson, who has averaged 10+ PPG in this format over the past six weeks. He hasn't been spectacular, but he's been consistently decent.
Agree about Knox vis-à-vis Kincaid. After that I am really not the guy to ask. My gut says Freiermuth because I think he is probably in line for the most looks. But, really it's a crap shoot IMO.

Need one with Allen out this week.....1pt PPR

Addison (MIN) @ Cincinnati
Downs (IND) v Pit
Shaheed (NO) vs NYG
D. Robinson (LAR) vs Wash

Leaning Robinson with Tutu not practicing yet this week.
I can't abide Addison at this point with the rotating QBs in Minn. Mullens entered the game with 9:40 left in the fourth quarter and threw 13 passes from that point on. Addison saw one target (1-20-0)

We have seen the Demarcus Robinson show before IMO. It is a great matchup so you can hope lightning strikes three times but I am highly skeptical.

If you are confident in Shaheed's health, I am not, he is who I would start.

So by process of elimination I think I would roll the dice with Downs.

PPR, need 2 of these 4 RBs

Mixon vs MIN
Ford vs CHI
Hubbard vs ATL
Javonte at DET
Gotta go with Mixon at this point. I think the Bengals realize the path to success is through the RBs.

I have never been a Hubbard guy but he does have 50 touches over the last two games and Atlanta is a much better matchup than Chicago and Detroit.

I like Ford, particularly in PPR but he isn't the goal line guy and hasn't really broken many big plays lately.

Javonte would be my next choice, and I like him as a player more than both Ford & Hubbard but I am having trouble figuring out the Denver offense. I mean, Javonte's lack of TDs is concerning.

Mixon>Hubbard>Javonte>Ford

O.K. one more for now:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE final flex:

K.Mitchell @ Jax
C.Samuel @ LAR
N.Collims @ Tenn(if he plays)

O.K. one more for now:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE final flex:

K.Mitchell @ Jax
C.Samuel @ LAR
N.Collims @ Tenn(if he plays)
If Collins plays I probably start him. Decent matchup, must win game and he is a double digit target guy.

It's a coin toss between Mitchell & Samuel but Samuel does have the better matchup so that is probably where I lean between those two.

Raiders DT vs Chargers
Rams Defense vs. Commanders

Josh Palmer tonight against Raiders
wait for Nico Collins status on Sunday

:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread