What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Doozy here:

Full PPR for receivers, .5 PPR for RB designation. Need One FLEX and one TE decision. It's a start nine league.

TE decision:

Dallas Goedert/David Njoku/Jordin Akins (Goedert has Minshew, Njoku has weather, TN gives up sixth-most to tight ends w/r/t to Akins)

FLEX:

D. Chark/Jeff Wilson/Deon Jackson/Allen Lazard/D'Onta Foreman/Cordarrelle Patterson/Courtland Sutton/Demarcus Robinson/Chris Moore
Can't look at the TE without considering the Flex (because of Moore/Akins).

I think Njoku could be a short pass outlet in brutal conditions in Cleveland but does anyone want to rely on that when they have other options?

Personally I am not as down on Minshew as many are. He fumbles at a troubling rate and he has a brutal matchup but he has a been quite good in the past, as I have pointed out several times in here he has multiple TDs in 16 of 23 starts (actually one of those wasn't a start but he played the majority of the game).

Minshew is a capable QB with a top notch supporting cast (best of his career) and I think he can hit Goedert for 5-6 receptions for maybe 60 yards. Frankly, if the running game isn't working Goedert makes sense as the primary outlet (Gainwell is also an option for that role).

When it comes to Akins I have to think about Moore being one of your flex options and he isn't your worst option. Personally, even with a great matchup I simply don't want to rely on the Texans offense. And I think you have enough options to avoid that scenario...even if it is a little close.

I immediately eliminate DeMarcus with Huntley at QB, Sutton because everything, D'Onta because the Lions have been Niner good v RBs over 7 games, probably Chark because Goff on the road is not the same as at home (by light years), and also probably Lazard because he's been ice cold for 5 games (Pack have a lot of options, particularly with Doubs back).

I probably, and begrudgingly, eliminate Jeff Wilson because we have to be concerned about his usage with Mostert playing at a high level. How much does he get at this point.

Now we're down to Cordarrelle, Deon & Moore. If you go Moore, not a terrible option in PPR but his targets are lower quality and we have to consider Cooks impact (he's Q but practiced in full on Thursday), then I don't think you can go with Akins who is a low volume option but has a TD in 2 of 4 games and is facing a weak pass D.

Cordarrelle is a very solid option on a run first offense. He's facing a top 3, very legit run defense but they are without Calais Campbell whom is an anchor and leader on the defense (but not irreplaceable at his age IMO).

Now we come to my high upside PPR spec play in Deon Jackson. It's a home game, dome so no weather, against a weak run defense. I don't think he is a particularly strong runner and the Colts will probably take a hot hand approach at RB. But I don't think Zack Moss is a particularly strong RB either and, if I had to guess I think Jackson is probably the primary receiving back. Against that Charger offense/defense combo this could be an opportunity for one of the Colt RBs. Obviously, no promises.

Short story long, and I am confident you are going to go with your own gut but my feeling is:

Goedert>Akins>Njoku

Deon>Moore>Cordarrelle>Wilson...

Can’t help but feel like Minshew is going to pepper him as an emergency outlet.

In the game against the Jets last year, Goedert wound up with like 30 PPR points with Minshew as QB. Minshew doesn't throw outside the hashes effectively, leaving the seam routes as ones he might force a bit (Dallas should be defending the middle of the field, hence the forcing part) and they might lead to catches or hospital balls. That's what I foresee.

Short story long, and I am confident you are going to go with your own gut but my feeling is:

You should have seen my email to Gally. I said almost the exact same things down to the player.

My risk-defying gut told me Deon Jackson is the play. My head, after thinking about making the championship, is telling me go for the floor with Cordarrelle (my opponent already started Zay Jones and is a touch -- I mean a touch -- behind the eight ball here).

But thanks for clarifying your thoughts. They're really, really similar to mine.

Psst. We're both probably wrong. And my opponent has the potential to blow me out, so heh. Peace and Happy Holidays, Chaka.

Ok, this one’s a bit silly, and probably a small difference.

I have McGoughlin vs LAC
I could pick up either Gano @ MIN, or Joseph Vs NYG.

I can’t help but feel like Foles’ struggles in the red zone & LAC’s semi soft defense will lead to a solid chance at multiple FGs.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

I can’t help but feel like Foles’ struggles in the red zone & LAC’s semi soft defense will lead to a solid chance at multiple FGs.

I had the same choices and went with McGoughlin

Saints D available on waiver.

Tempted to go Saints due to very bad weather and league scoring weighted to points given up for example 7-13 you get 8 points, 2-6 is worth 10, shutout is worth 15. Turnovers are scored the same as sacks one point for each. I've resisted the temptation so far because I think Cleveland D is side you want here but weather should benefit both team defenses. Also wary playing a warm weather dome team in frigid temps.

Currently have Tennessee defense but Tennessee starting Willis, injuries on Tennessee OL may limit Henry and offense. Houston run D and overall team playing better.

.5 PPR

Mark Andrews vs ATL - good matchup but hasn’t been putting up great numbers. Guaranteed targets.

Taysom Hill vs CLE - weather is setting up to favor Hill’s rushing against a bad run defense
Well, I wouldn't hold out hope for another 68 yard TD pass from Taysom this week.

This is really all about what you are looking for. My guess is...I have no idea. I don't want to put faith in Huntley and I hate the weather in Cleveland. I have to have more faith in Hill's potential usage but, in those conditions what can we really expect? It could end up a 10-3 game.

The conditions in Baltimore will be bad too but nothing like Cleveland.

Yeah, real noodle scratcher.

My W.A.G. is rely on the potential TD:
Andrews>Hill

Last edited:

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Do you want to play Minnesota giving up the most kicking points or Indianapolis inability to score TDs? Gano or McGoughlin either are good choices. I'd trust the Giants to be in scoring position more often and go with Gano.

Saints D available on waiver.

Tempted to go Saints due to very bad weather and league scoring weighted to points given up for example 7-13 you get 8 points, 2-6 is worth 10, shutout is worth 15. Turnovers are scored the same as sacks one point for each. I've resisted the temptation so far because I think Cleveland D is side you want here but weather should benefit both team defenses. Also wary playing a warm weather dome team in frigid temps.

Currently have Tennessee defense but Tennessee starting Willis, injuries on Tennessee OL may limit Henry and offense. Houston run D and overall team playing better.
By all accounts you could do worse than banking on the weather in Cleveland.

Person I wouldn't count on a lot of turnovers but, you never know and it does seem to have a decent potential to be a low scoring game.

However, holding a Zach Wilson, Zonovan Knight led offense to less than 10 points is one thing, holding a Deshaun Watson, Nick Chubb offense to less than 10 points is something else entirely.

Then again, Houston as an offense has burned me two weeks in a row.

Yeah, defenses are just random number generators so go with your gut. Between these two I guess I might go, with zero confidence:

New Orleans>Tennessee

Last edited:

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Total coin toss but I would probably go with Joseph because my philosophy with kickers is to go with the ones from winning teams (or teams you think will win). I don't like trying to predict when, or how often an offense will stall. And FBGs wrote an article years ago breaking down how kickers from winning teams simply, and unsurprisingly, over time outscore kickers from losing teams.

Joseph>Gano>McLaughlin

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Total coin toss but I would probably go with Joseph because my philosophy with kickers is to go with the ones from winning teams (or teams you think will win). I don't like trying to predict when, or how often an offense will stall. And FBGs wrote an article years ago breaking down how kickers from winning teams simply, and unsurprisingly, over time outscore kickers from losing teams.

Joseph>Gano>McLaughlin
Does it matter that I have to spend $4 more to do this when I’ve already spent $4 on McG?

Choose 2 (1 pt ppr)
Fournette
R. White
AJ Dillon
C. Watson

Having a hard time with the rbs
Roundabout rambling: This week I would start the tandem of Pacheco/McKinnon or Swift/Jamaal because I know those tandems can combine for two RB1 or a RB1 & RB2 level output. But Fournette & White? If one was injured I would absolutely start the other but with Brady on pace to set NFL records in attempts and completions it's difficult, even in a game they should win easily (remember Dal v Hou or Hou v KC before you laugh too hard) it's hard to see them combine for the kind of production that would make them both worthwhile.

So, the point of that long rambling is, if only one may be viable, which one? No idea.

So, rather than trying to mix and match and hope you choose right, I would rather try to pick the teammate tandem that, I believe, have the better chance to hit their bar.

Jones>Watson>Fournette>White

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Joseph>Gano>McLaughlin
Does it matter that I have to spend $4 more to do this when I’ve already spent $4 on McG?
I guess you have to debate whether you want extra cheese in your Whoppers this week or not.

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Joseph>Gano>McLaughlin
I guess you have to debate whether you want extra cheese in your Whoppers this week or not.
It can be a hardship. :shrug:

PPR
Aiyuk vs Wash
or
Goodwin Vs KC
This is a tough one because we all believe Aiyuk is the superior WR, but this is about opportunity as much as talent.

Goodwin has a much better opportunity against a much more vulnerable defense and he is talented I'm his own right.

If he plays:
Goodwin>Aiyuk

Choose 2 (1 pt ppr)
Fournette
R. White
AJ Dillon
C. Watson

Roundabout rambling: This week I would start the tandem of Pacheco/McKinnon or Swift/Jamaal because I know those tandems can combine for two RB1 or a RB1 & RB2 level output. But Fournette & White? If one was injured I would absolutely start the other but with Brady on pace to set NFL records in attempts and completions it's difficult, even in a game they should win easily (remember Dal v Hou or Hou v KC before you laugh too hard) it's hard to see them combine for the kind of production that would make them both worthwhile.

So, the point of that long rambling is, if only one may be viable, which one? No idea.

So, rather than trying to mix and match and hope you choose right, I would rather try to pick the teammate tandem that, I believe, have the better chance to hit their bar.

It’s AJ Dillon, not Jones. Would you still go with Dillon first?

Choose 2 (1 pt ppr)
Fournette
R. White
AJ Dillon
C. Watson

It’s AJ Dillon, not Jones. Would you still go with Dillon first?
Typo, I was thinking about Dillon when I wrote it because he is clearly the hot hand. He's finally showing up like the guy we all thought he was going to be back in September.

Again,y premise is deciding between mix-and-match or pick a tandem. IMO I think picking a tandem is the right play and, again IMO, the better tandem is Dillon & Watson.

Even if I were picking ala carte I would definitely take Dillon and Watson over either Fournette or White.

QB question. 4 points per TD pass.

* J. Fields vs BUF -- Frigid. Not sure who Fields will throw to or if he can in this weather. He's probably going to be running quite a bit by design, in catchup mode, or because he can't find anyone to throw to. BUF D has looked pedestrian lately especially against the run. I'd expect CHI to pound the rock.

OR

* G. Smith @KC -- Another frigid game, but not as bad as in CHI. SEA running game looks iffy so it could be all Geno slinging it in catchup mode. That said, he's down Lockett and lately, Geno's peripheral passing stats have started to wane a bit. He's still getting it done though in fantasy.

Note: Projected favorite.

Which QB?

THanks

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Only the Colts have to make it to the red zone first.....

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

The chargers are the 26th in points allowed to kickers (meaning there are only 6 teams who allow more).

That said, I’m likely going with Gano, against the Vikings who are 32nd (#1 giving up points to kickers)

Bonus: I have Saquan, so a TD gets me an extra point, which I know isn’t really a thing but it’s fun when it happens.

Last edited:

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

The chargers are the 26th in points allowed to kickers (meaning there are only 6 teams who allow more).
I know, but the Colts offense has been inept lately and now its w/o Taylor.

I have used Carlson all year, but really really nervous of the weather in Pitt. I can switch to Dicker or McGoughlin

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

I have used Carlson all year, but really really nervous of the weather in Pitt. I can switch to Dicker or McGoughlin
Yeah, see my post edit.

I really wanted another MNF player, too. 🥹

Do not start a K in PIT today.

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

This

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Yeah, see my post edit.

would you put Dicker over McGoughlin?

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Yeah, see my post edit.

Coin flip, but McGloughlin has been very consistent, especially from deep - I’m still tempted to go with him over Gano.

San Diego is better at scoring TDs. When looking at K options, I want a team that can make it to the 30-35 & stall.

Foles isn’t a bad QB. INDY should be able to get into range. Saturday doesn’t go for it on 4th. Could be several long FGA for McG
:shrug:

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Yeah, see my post edit.

I really like McGoughlin personally mainly because I think the Chargers are more likely to score TDs. Colts should see the red zone enough times against a crappy Chargers D to give McGloughlin 3 plus FG attempts. I think Foles is better for their offense at this point than Ryan.

I have McGoughlin vs LAC

Yeah, see my post edit.

I really like McGoughlin personally mainly because I think the Chargers are more likely to score TDs. Colts should see the red zone enough times against a crappy Chargers D to give McGloughlin 3 plus FG attempts. I think Foles is better for their offense at this point than Ryan.
Agreed.

And looking back the last few weeks, McG has had more FGA than Gano.

I’m back on my Monday Night football K, and I’ve successfully blocked My opponent from the only dome K left.
:pickle:

PPR, TE Premium (2x PPR for TE)

Need 3 of the following:

Leonard Fournette (TB RB) @ ARI
Devin Singletary (BUF RB) @ CHI ❄️
Juwan Johnson (NO TE) @ CLE ❄️
Rashid Shaheed (NO WR) @ CLE ❄️
Darius Slayton (NYG WR) @ MIN

First place team but I got hammered by weather on Thursday starting Christian Kirk & Zay Jones to a total of 7.7 points. I have other players in the cold games today too like Josh Allen and Alvin Kamara, so natural fear is too much on teams in this games.

Need 3 of the following:

First place team but I got hammered by weather on Thursday starting Christian Kirk & Zay Jones to a total of 7.7 points. I have other players in the cold games today too like Josh Allen and Alvin Kamara, so natural fear is too much on teams in this games.
Singletary and Slayton for sure. Would go with Fournette over the two Saints receivers just because of the horrible weather in Cleveland.

PPR League. TE question.

* G. Everett @Indy -- Everett has been pretty consistent lately and getting targets. That said, he seems like the #4 option and is getting targeted on short passes and screens. Maybe a decent floor here, but not a ton of upside against an Indy D that is statistically tough against TEs.

* N. Fant @KC -- With Lockett out maybe he gets more looks? Has had a couple good weeks in a row with a TD here or there. A little banged up. Questionable, but expected to play. Dissly always in the mix. Geno may have to sling it. Weather a factor, but think SEA will be in throw mode.

* C. Otton @AZ -- Best matchup on the board. AZ terrible vs. TEs. Could be a get right game for Brady and the TB offense against an AZ team packing it in. Brate in the mix as well. A bit of a dart throw.

Which TE?

Thanks

Need 3 of the following:

I like Lenny, Slayton & Singletary. BUF will likely be running more than usual.

QB question. 4 points per TD pass.

* J. Fields vs BUF -- Frigid. Not sure who Fields will throw to or if he can in this weather. He's probably going to be running quite a bit by design, in catchup mode, or because he can't find anyone to throw to. BUF D has looked pedestrian lately especially against the run. I'd expect CHI to pound the rock.

OR

* G. Smith @KC -- Another frigid game, but not as bad as in CHI. SEA running game looks iffy so it could be all Geno slinging it in catchup mode. That said, he's down Lockett and lately, Geno's peripheral passing stats have started to wane a bit. He's still getting it done though in fantasy.

Note: Projected favorite.

Which QB?

THanks
I've be resolutely backing Fields this week and I don't think I am changing my mind... yet.

Injuries have really thrown my team into a bit of turmoil, and i'm second guessing everything. I am starting Cmac and Aj Brown, even though I can see Brown doing nothing in Dallas.

Goff or Minshew - pretty straight forward, Goff has a stable floor, feel like Minshew could have a better ceiling

I need 2 more from the below list, non-ppr

M.Goodwin @ Chiefs - i'm really torn, think with Lockett out he could post a nice day
K.Walker @ Chiefs - been great but a bum ankle makes me really nervous, Hawks likely behind all day and passing
Dillon @ Miami - only just picked him up this week but splitting with Jones makes me nervous to use him
C.Watson @ Miami - tough to bench

Honestly leaning Watson + Goodwin even though non-ppr, just feel the situations will support it. Could use the guidance though

Thanks much to @Chaka @Hot Sauce Guy @travdogg and everyone else who has responded making this one of the best threads on this forum.

Goff or Minshew - pretty straight forward, Goff has a stable floor, feel like Minshew could have a better ceiling
I think this could easily go either way. But, Goff has still only thrown 3 TDs on the road this season. Maybe the flood gates open this week (I hope so as I am starting him) but it's tough to wager on.

Minshew at Dallas is a scary prospect but, at least he has one of the best supporting casts in the league behind him.

It's a risk either way:
Minshew>Goff

Injuries have really thrown my team into a bit of turmoil, and i'm second guessing everything. I am starting Cmac and Aj Brown, even though I can see Brown doing nothing in Dallas.

I prefer Goff - nice weather, good weapons, soft defense.

I know many are down on him this week, but DAL defense is tough, and Eagles on the road.

That’s my preference. Many will disagree.
I need 2 more from the below list, non-ppr

M.Goodwin @ Chiefs - i'm really torn, think with Lockett out he could post a nice day
K.Walker @ Chiefs - been great but a bum ankle makes me really nervous, Hawks likely behind all day and passing
Dillon @ Miami - only just picked him up this week but splitting with Jones makes me nervous to use him
C.Watson @ Miami - tough to bench
Goodwin/Watson if Goodwin plays. Otherwise AJD/Watson for me.

ETA: missed that it was non-PPR. ADJ/Watson is my preference here.
Honestly leaning Watson + Goodwin even though non-ppr, just feel the situations will support it. Could use the guidance though

Thanks much to @Chaka @Hot Sauce Guy @travdogg and everyone else who has responded making this one of the best threads on this forum.
:hifive:

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread