What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Weather (1 Viewer)

I would say your knowledge and ability need work. There isn't gonna be a blizzard in Philadelphia Sunday. Guaranteed.
:goodposting: :X :bag:
Huh? 20 inches of snow, if there is that much, and 20+mph winds is not a blizzard.
Dude, quit while you're behind.accuweather.com says:

Sunday night's National Football League game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Minnesota Vikings will coincide with when the worst of the post-Christmas Day blizzard will be slamming the "City of Brotherly Love."

The Eagles will host the Vikings at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field starting at 8:20 p.m. EST Sunday.

During the entire length of the game, Philadelphia will be in the midst of a fierce blizzard with heavy, wind-whipped snow.

The blizzard is expected to dump a total of 6 to 12 inches of snow on Philadelphia with the majority of that snow falling before the Eagles-Vikings game is complete.

Sustained winds between 25 and 35 mph will severely blow and drift the snow. Passing and kicking plays may become difficult to effectively execute.

I would say your knowledge and ability need work. There isn't gonna be a blizzard in Philadelphia Sunday. Guaranteed.
:sadbanana: :X :wall:
Huh? 20 inches of snow, if there is that much, and 20+mph winds is not a blizzard.
Dude, quit while you're behind.accuweather.com says:

Sunday night's National Football League game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Minnesota Vikings will coincide with when the worst of the post-Christmas Day blizzard will be slamming the "City of Brotherly Love."

The Eagles will host the Vikings at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field starting at 8:20 p.m. EST Sunday.

During the entire length of the game, Philadelphia will be in the midst of a fierce blizzard with heavy, wind-whipped snow.

The blizzard is expected to dump a total of 6 to 12 inches of snow on Philadelphia with the majority of that snow falling before the Eagles-Vikings game is complete.

Sustained winds between 25 and 35 mph will severely blow and drift the snow. Passing and kicking plays may become difficult to effectively execute.
But he guaranteed it.

Sorry. I give. Looking more and more possible by the minute. Even though it still looked unlikely up until an hour ago.

Please drop it.

In the game the wind is the main obstacle. They can deal with the snow.

ill make a prediction here

unless vick dominates in running the ball (150+, 2td's), he will have a below average game and unfortunately drop out of the mvp race

its just going to be too tough to push the ball down field in 20 mph winds and slow footed snowy conditions

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pulling hairs already and I dont have to make a decision for another 12 hours. Vick has just been so good how can you bench him. My backup is Eli who is a Top 10 QB, but also quite erratic. I think Vick huge game ability is almost out the door based on the weather conditions, but I still find it hard to believe he wont be able to put up like 18pts standard scoring since the conditions favor his running.

Just finished watching the 11pm news from Philly, I live in southern NJ....philly is to get 6-10 inches of snow and 20+ mph winds...

I got Vick, McCoy, and Maclin going tomorrow night. Thought about sitting Maclin for Austin before the Dallas game (looking back I probably should have). I can still plug Boldin in for Maclin before the morning game. Probably will wait until the morning to decide. I hope it does bite me in the butt.

I got Vick, McCoy, and Maclin going tomorrow night. Thought about sitting Maclin for Austin before the Dallas game (looking back I probably should have). I can still plug Boldin in for Maclin before the morning game. Probably will wait until the morning to decide. I hope it does bite me in the butt.
I wouldnt put all my eggs in 1 basket when the weather is supposed to be as bad is it looks. Im probably going to bench Webb for TB Mike Williams since I'll most likely be keeping Vick in the lineup. Id def start Boldin over Maclin if I were you.

Any chance the game could be delayed to Monday if they really are expecting blizzard conditions?
The more I think about it, if a state of emergency is declared, might they be forced to cancel it? Anyone have any idea how that ruling works?

Any chance the game could be delayed to Monday if they really are expecting blizzard conditions?
The more I think about it, if a state of emergency is declared, might they be forced to cancel it? Anyone have any idea how that ruling works?
:pagingmikepereira:
Precedent: Minnesota Dome implodingGame was changed to a Monday night game in Detroit, right? Not counting on this, but it would be great if they did postpone the game one day.

Im pretty certain it would have to be a minimum of about 12 inches, but likely more -for Philly to declare a state of emergency. What sucks for Vick owners is this: since the game isnt scheduled to start until 8:20 it leaves very few options at that point if one were wanting to play an alternative qb. Looks like your decisions will have to come before 1pm for most, and thats before the majority of the snow will have fallen to possibly alter decisions.Ive lived here in Philly long enough to recall at least once or twice where a potential heavy snow storm turned out to be wintry mix or rain, or missed us all together and we got a dusting of less than an inch.Good luck Vick owners, as well as those of you who are making decisions on other players from that game.

I'm right there with you, only with Jackson instead of Maclin, and Britt instead of Boldin. As of now, I'm saying screw it, and rolling with all 3 Eagles. I can't shake the feeling that even if there is a lot of snow, it could be Patriots/Bears all over again, where its a one-sided monster game for the Eagles.

Im pretty certain it would have to be a minimum of about 12 inches, but likely more -for Philly to declare a state of emergency.
True but considering there will be 60,000 people trying to get home in the middle of a severe snowstorm, they might postpone it for that reason alone. :potkettle:

Will be interesting to see what they do. If it's 12 inches, I doubt it'll be postponed - given that it'll be over a number of hours they might be able to keep ahead of that. If it's closer to 18 inches, that may be more of a factor. The Vikings are having quite the epic end to their season, that is for sure. Figure on a swarm of locusts sneaking into Ford Field just before game time on the last weekend.

-QG

I'm concerned about AP in this game. He sat last week because of a combination of injuries and field condition. Another late start plus the same injury concerns has me worried of another late game scratch. My only other option is a very undesirable Shonn Greene.

i remember this game(

) where Jerry Porter had 3 TDs against Champ Bailey in snow. WRs know where they are running(obviously), and defensive backs don't always know. When you don't have the advantage of knowing where you are going to run, you are more likely to slip in the snow.also remember michael vick's most impressive game with the falcons, was his playoff win in green bay, in the snow. the eagles 59 point game against the redskins, was in the pouring rain. i would not worry about any eagles on your team.

I don't know of a precedent, but the game is scheduled for the peak of the storm. Since a state of emergency is 100% sure to be declared, doesn't that mean all roads are closed to non-essential traffic? Agree that it's much more likely if Philly gets 20 inches than 12.

The wind is the main issue here. Current forecast is 20 to 30 MPH with gusts to 40 MPH. That's enough to impact kickers and passing.

Las Vegas seems to agree that the weather is going to be bad enough that it will hurt the offenses. The over/under has gone from 44 down to 39.

I don't know of a precedent, but the game is scheduled for the peak of the storm. Since a state of emergency is 100% sure to be declared, doesn't that mean all roads are closed to non-essential traffic? Agree that it's much more likely if Philly gets 20 inches than 12.
Football is essential so I think we're good here.Any track record on DeSean in the snow - gotta figure they'll use a lot of little screen passes and stuff, but he's such a good runner it might not matter.

Definitely :goodposting: for this one, though. It'll make up for the fact that the snow will keep me from heading out to the sports bar for Bengals-Chargers.

-QG

I'm also concerened abpud DJax. Doubt he will se any long passes... Would just have to hope for enough screens and YAC. Anyone considering the bench for him? Manningham and Armstrong would be my other options.

ugh...can't really bench Vick but I doubt he has a terrific game as he likely would have without the snow. Who knows though, maybe he runs for a ton.

Hmmm. Contemplating benching Vick for Tebow. I can at least wait until 4 pm for the decision.

Normal snow wouldn't give me pause to bench my MVP, however really awful weather (and wind) turn the game into a complete crapshoot. Vick could do well but it will be a complete roll of the dice.

I'm right there with you, only with Jackson instead of Maclin, and Britt instead of Boldin. As of now, I'm saying screw it, and rolling with all 3 Eagles. I can't shake the feeling that even if there is a lot of snow, it could be Patriots/Bears all over again, where its a one-sided monster game for the Eagles.
Very few players I would sit Kenny Britt for - no matter what the weather is.

Hmmm. Contemplating benching Vick for Tebow. I can at least wait until 4 pm for the decision.Normal snow wouldn't give me pause to bench my MVP, however really awful weather (and wind) turn the game into a complete crapshoot. Vick could do well but it will be a complete roll of the dice.
Picked up Tebow for bench points in a title game. No way I start him over Vick.

Hmmm. Contemplating benching Vick for Tebow. I can at least wait until 4 pm for the decision.Normal snow wouldn't give me pause to bench my MVP, however really awful weather (and wind) turn the game into a complete crapshoot. Vick could do well but it will be a complete roll of the dice.
This could be the dumbest idea you've had in 2010.

Hmmm. Contemplating benching Vick for Tebow. I can at least wait until 4 pm for the decision.

Normal snow wouldn't give me pause to bench my MVP, however really awful weather (and wind) turn the game into a complete crapshoot. Vick could do well but it will be a complete roll of the dice.
Fortunately, though, he'll get a clean slate in 6 days with the new year, so it wont haunt him for long. Look, Brady vs the Bears was supposed to be horrific conditions. Brady threw all over Chicago. Factor in Vick's running ability and he'll get at least 2 total TD's and 250 combined yards. If that's not good enough for you, by all means look at a Plan B.

You guys are focused on Vick....

I think the bigger issue with many owners is Peterson & Gerhart. They are saying that Peterson will probably start (as of now) but that Gerhart will get a bunch of playing time. It almost makes you not to want to play either one of them in that blizzard.

I might just roll with Westbrook. :thumbup:

You guys are focused on Vick....I think the bigger issue with many owners is Peterson & Gerhart. They are saying that Peterson will probably start (as of now) but that Gerhart will get a bunch of playing time. It almost makes you not to want to play either one of them in that blizzard.I might just roll with Westbrook. :thumbup:
its the split not the storm that would concern me running the ball. is there a link on that?

I have Akers and my other choice would be Barth. I'm probably going to go with the stud kicker and hope for the best. Graham and Gould both put up strong games the past two weeks in horrible conditions so I'm hoping Akers can do the same.

Fortunately, though, he'll get a clean slate in 6 days with the new year, so it wont haunt him for long. Look, Brady vs the Bears was supposed to be horrific conditions. Brady threw all over Chicago. Factor in Vick's running ability and he'll get at least 2 total TD's and 250 combined yards. If that's not good enough for you, by all means look at a Plan B.
Unless he's handing the ball off most of the day. It is a possibility don't you think?

Unless he's handing the ball off most of the day. It is a possibility don't you think?
not really...how often do the eagles run the ball 40 times in a game? You'll see lots of passing

not really...how often do the eagles run the ball 40 times in a game? You'll see lots of passing
How often do the teams play in a possible 12"? Of snow. Up in Jeresy they say we could get 18", but I think that's the worst area, Bergen Cty. If its really that bad I see a more conservative game plan.

How often do the teams play in a possible 12"? Of snow. Up in Jeresy they say we could get 18", but I think that's the worst area, Bergen Cty. If its really that bad I see a more conservative game plan.
The eagles under andy reid throw the football. they might throw a little shorter than usual but they will throw the football. Snow doesn't affect throwing the ball. There will be some winds but it sounds as of right now it will be gusty, therefore not on every play. Its just my opinion but i think the eagles are going to attack Minnesota because they have the players to do so. A qb that can by time in the pocket, conditions ripe for a poor pass rushing day, fast wr's and a very strong arm that can throw into the wind.

I understand your point, but don't put it past Andy Reid to pass 40+ times just to prove he can. Every time I've seen a situation where I think they have to run, AR just passes more. No one tells Andy he has to run. If anything we'll see more screens and short passes.

I understand your point, but don't put it past Andy Reid to pass 40+ times just to prove he can. Every time I've seen a situation where I think they have to run, AR just passes more. No one tells Andy he has to run. If anything we'll see more screens and short passes.
If history is any indicator this is what's going to happen. He probably won't run the ball even once just to prove a point.

*****update... Eagles beat reporter says the NFL is keeping an eye on the forecast and may move the game if conditions are deemed to dangerous.

Yep, I'm thinking Shady benefits the most with the weather situation.

Bird Fan here...

Eagles will attempt to strike early and often to put up a quick lead to put Joe Webb in the hole & make him pass to catch up.

Expect a bunch of play action, WR and TE screens.

Kolb in by the 4th quarter.

Still starting Mike in my 2 FF SuperBowls today (over Brees in one).

Can't wait to get down there

You guys are focused on Vick....I think the bigger issue with many owners is Peterson & Gerhart. They are saying that Peterson will probably start (as of now) but that Gerhart will get a bunch of playing time. It almost makes you not to want to play either one of them in that blizzard.I might just roll with Westbrook. ;)
its the split not the storm that would concern me running the ball. is there a link on that?
This is from Rotoworld:
Toby Gerhart-RB- Vikings Dec. 22 - 9:26 am et Toby Gerhart could see a significant number of touches even if Adrian Peterson (thigh) is ready to play this weekend."Toby did a great job of stepping up in Adrian's role and was really proud of the way he carried that football," interim coach Leslie Frazier said. "Wish we could have given it to him even more." Even before AP was hurt, the Vikes had occasionally given Gerhart a series, and they could be giving him more over the final two weeks.Source: Minneapolis Star-TribuneRelated: Adrian Peterson
Add in that Webb will probably be the QB and it's a very ugly situation.

If history is any indicator this is what's going to happen. He probably won't run the ball even once just to prove a point.
LOL yeah ok. Logically not playing in these type of conditions on a week-to-week basis he would be handing off to the backs more often than usual.

Michael Vick-QB-Eagles Dec. 26 - 10:31 am et

According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the league is currently discussing postponing Sunday night's Eagles - Vikings game.

The National Weather Advisory has issued a winter storm warning for the area surrounding Lincoln Financial Field between 7:00 AM ET Sunday and 1:00 PM ET Monday. According to Weather.com there is a 100 percent chance of snow between those times. The game is scheduled to be played at 8:20 ET Sunday night. Stay tuned for updates.

http://twitter.com/gregaiello/status/19050988866379776

LOL yeah ok. Logically not playing in these type of conditions on a week-to-week basis he would be handing off to the backs more often than usual.
I'm sure you've watched a lot more Eagles games then me, so I'll defer to you.

Users who are viewing this thread