What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 waiver wire (1 Viewer)

Zenner was a healthy scratch the last two weeks, Who do you think is ahead?
This could be a case of Zenner being scratched because he doesn't play special teams, and Washington does.

Everyone (including me) assuming Washington has the edge on Zenner in a world with no AA in the picture could be in for a surprise.

This could be a case of Zenner being scratched because he doesn't play special teams, and Washington does.

Everyone (including me) assuming Washington has the edge on Zenner in a world with no AA in the picture could be in for a surprise.
"Washington, a seventh-round pick this year, has already done a lot to impress the Lions’ coaching staff. Entering the team as a long-shot to make the roster, his impressive play over the preseason forced the Lions to cut veteran Stevan Ridley. Not only that, but he jumped Zenner on the depth chart, making him not only part of the 53-man roster, but on the 46-man active roster on game days. In his first career game, Washington scored his first NFL touchdown on a one-yard goal-line rush.

When Abdullah went down against the Titans, Washington again met the task. The Lions trusted Washington with four carries and he delivered 31 yards, including an impressive 28-yard rush on a draw play.

But for Washington, being a running back can be about a lot more than just rushing the ball. It requires a deep knowledge of the offense, including knowing who to pick up in pass protection situations. Matthew Stafford seems confident of his abilities though. “Everything we’ve given him he’s done a nice job of soaking up,” Stafford said on Wednesday." Source

Over at their SB Nation blog site there are only a handful of guys even bringing up Zenner's name. Most are on the Dwayne train

Problem is Zenner does play special teams. 

Can anyone tell me how KDrake is practicing? My eyes tell me Ajayi is Muscle Hamster with half the talent and all the cluelessness and i reeeeally want to hop-skip-jump str8 to Drake, but i havent been able to find how the rook's doing with the fundamentals necessary for him to win the job quickly.

They use all of their RBs though in a committee so I doubt this was the case. Plus as a second year player Zenner wouldn't be afforded the luxury of not playing on special teams.

For those who went with McKinnon, AP also tore his LCL as well as the MCL. Wouldn't expect a return in 2016.
Now this makes complete sense as to why I had this to say earlier today: 

Meniscectomy takes about 4 weeks. Meniscus repair would take 4 months. The initial report I read said 4 weeks, which I figured he was getting it removed. Obviously wrong. 

I don't know why he's getting the repair, makes no sense to me unless it was a massive tear and would essentially put him as a RBBC guy due to pain if they removed the tear versus repairing it has the best chance of saving his career. Or there's more going on that they are being hush hush over

Any Giants guys know what's up with Paul Perkins?
In preseason he was having some problems with blocking for the passer but I think the biggest problem with him was that he was just SO behind the ball with him finishing school and not able to practice in early camps. I haven't heard word of him since.

BILLIEVE said:
"Washington, a seventh-round pick this year, has already done a lot to impress the Lions’ coaching staff. Entering the team as a long-shot to make the roster, his impressive play over the preseason forced the Lions to cut veteran Stevan Ridley. Not only that, but he jumped Zenner on the depth chart, making him not only part of the 53-man roster, but on the 46-man active roster on game days. In his first career game, Washington scored his first NFL touchdown on a one-yard goal-line rush.

When Abdullah went down against the Titans, Washington again met the task. The Lions trusted Washington with four carries and he delivered 31 yards, including an impressive 28-yard rush on a draw play.

But for Washington, being a running back can be about a lot more than just rushing the ball. It requires a deep knowledge of the offense, including knowing who to pick up in pass protection situations. Matthew Stafford seems confident of his abilities though. “Everything we’ve given him he’s done a nice job of soaking up,” Stafford said on Wednesday." Source

Over at their SB Nation blog site there are only a handful of guys even bringing up Zenner's name. Most are on the Dwayne train
Some of the talking heads on tv were saying that Washington is going to get the early down work with Zenner being the passing down back, and they were mostly advocating Zenner on the waiver wire.

Some of the talking heads on tv were saying that Washington is going to get the early down work with Zenner being the passing down back, and they were mostly advocating Zenner on the waiver wire.
Was that the Zenner Family Fantasy Football and Hoedown Hour on the local public access station?

BILLIEVE said:
He is on IR. He could potentially be designated for return depending on his health.
No he isn't. The Vikings are waiting for more information post surgery before making that decision.

You folks thinking Washington is a better pick up than McKinnon are nutz though.

CA-P is on the wire and Rivera says he'll be the feature back.  With Cam and Fuzzy hogging the GL work, anybody think it's worth dropping Donte Moncrief or Eli Rogers to have this guy for 2, 3 or 4 weeks?

CA-P is on the wire and Rivera says he'll be the feature back.  With Cam and Fuzzy hogging the GL work, anybody think it's worth dropping Donte Moncrief or Eli Rogers to have this guy for 2, 3 or 4 weeks?
Yes.

Moncrief is hurt and Rogers has Wheaton and Bell coming back. Worth taking a share of CAP for sure.

No he isn't. The Vikings are waiting for more information post surgery before making that decision.

You folks thinking Washington is a better pick up than McKinnon are nutz though.
I was talking about Abdullah not AP.

McKinnon has the better opportunity. But again. Hard to get excited about a team averaging less than 2 YPC and now just put their LT Kalil on IR today.

cap or Alfred Morris?
I think Alfred has looked grear in limited action. But will the Cowboys give up on Zeke this early? I don't think so, although Morris is playing better. CAP has the opportunity now. Morris could be a stud if given a chance, or Zeke gets hurt. 

What happened to Riddick?
Nothing happened to Riddick. Riddick is going to be the starter in Week 3 and he's the one to own. But he's already owned in 80% of leagues.

Given the choice between Washington, McKinnon, or Cameron Artis-Payne, I'd take McKinnon. Give me the guy who's going to start 8 games, please.

Nothing happened to Riddick. Riddick is going to be the starter in Week 3 and he's the one to own. But he's already owned in 80% of leagues.

Given the choice between Washington, McKinnon, or Cameron Artis-Payne, I'd take McKinnon. Give me the guy who's going to start 8 games, please.
Uh, OK.

Not sure what that has to do with my question.

I was replying to a post that said he heard someone on radio/TV/podcast say Zinner was going to be the receiving back in Set, so I was asking about Riddick.  

I think Alfred has looked grear in limited action. But will the Cowboys give up on Zeke this early? I don't think so, although Morris is playing better. CAP has the opportunity now. Morris could be a stud if given a chance, or Zeke gets hurt. 
Nothing against you. I keep hearing this all over the internet. Is 5 carries for 7 yds and a TD a crippled kid could have carted in looking great?

Nothing against you. I keep hearing this all over the internet. Is 5 carries for 7 yds and a TD a crippled kid could have carted in looking great?
First off, stats don't tell the whole story. You need to watch the games. When Elliott is in he doesn't get very far. When Morris is in he seems to always find a hole. If you disregard draft status and their name, Morris has looked much better so far this year.

If you're insistent on using stats...

Week 1 vs Giants:

Zeke: 20 for 51 (2.6 YPC), 1 TD, 1 Rec for 1

Morris: 7 for 35 (5.0 YPC)

7 times for 35 yards against the Giants, when they shut Elliot down.

Zeke ran 21 for 81 yards in Week 2, including a 21 yard gain. So 20 of those runs were for 60 yards (3.0 YPC). He gained 111 yards on 40 runs, with 1 carry for 21 yards. I know the response about taking out the outlier stats because they all count. But the point is that 21 yard run was 2.4% of his carries but accounted for 14.9% of his yardage on the season. Even if you include his 21 yard run he has a YPC of 3.3.

It sounds like you have your mind made up about Morris. I'm not here to persuade anybody. Just sharing my observations that Morris has looked much better when given the opportunities.

I know the response about taking out the outlier stats because they all count.
A 21 yard run is not an outlier stat. RBs should be expected to break big runs every so often. While it's usually ridiculous when people do this, in this case it's beyond ridiculous on such a small sample size to exclude his best run.

A 21 yard run is not an outlier stat. RBs should be expected to break big runs every so often. While it's usually ridiculous when people do this, in this case it's beyond ridiculous on such a small sample size to exclude his best run.
A 21 yard run is nothing. If it were 81 ok yea let's play the outlier game. Even so, he's talking about actually watching the games and not the stats... was that 21 yard run a gimme or did Zeke make a nice play?

Morris might earn more runs but there is little chance Dallas hands over the reins to Morris. They have too much invested in Zeke. Gotta let him go through his growing pains. When's the last time a rookie 1st round rb came in and dominated from the start

A 21 yard run is nothing. If it were 81 ok yea let's play the outlier game. Even so, he's talking about actually watching the games and not the stats... was that 21 yard run a gimme or did Zeke make a nice play?

Morris might earn more runs but there is little chance Dallas hands over the reins to Morris. They have too much invested in Zeke. Gotta let him go through his growing pains. When's the last time a rookie 1st round rb came in and dominated from the start
Um... Todd Gurley? 

Um... Todd Gurley? 
Ok let me rephrase... how often does it happen? Perfect example, Ladainian Tomlinson's first season:

36 carries 3.1 YPC
27 carries 3.3 YPC
21 carries 5.1 YPC
19 carries 5.4 YPC
24 carries 3.1 YPC
25 carries 2.3 YPC
16 carries 4.8 YPC
13 carries 2.4 YPC
14 carries 5.4 YPC
22 carries 3.1 YPC
21 carries 3.6 YPC
24 carries 3.6 YPC
19 carries 2.7 YPC
17 carries 2.7 YPC
27 carries 5.4 YPC
14 carries 2.7 YPC
2001 Total: 3.6 YPC
Turned out to be his second worst season ever (worst coming his last year in SD, where he was pretty much done for anyways). Career average of 4.3 YPC

But everyone's totally right... Dallas should completely give up on Elliot after 2 weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, his overall point about Morris looking better is still true - dont get caught up in a 3 page discussion about him excluding the 21 yard run.

I have Zeke and Morris in one league and I'm still starting Zeke obviously, but its a concern to me that Morris looks better to this point.  Maybe Dallas sticks with Zeke, maybe they turn to more of an RBBC while Zeke learns the pro game, maybe Zeke dominates CHI and my concern goes away.

For now though,  its something to acknowledge and keep an eye on.

Ok let me rephrase... how often does it happen? Perfect example, Ladainian Tomlinson's first season:

36 carries 3.1 YPC
27 carries 3.3 YPC
21 carries 5.1 YPC
19 carries 5.4 YPC
24 carries 3.1 YPC
25 carries 2.3 YPC
16 carries 4.8 YPC
13 carries 2.4 YPC
14 carries 5.4 YPC
22 carries 3.1 YPC
21 carries 3.6 YPC
24 carries 3.6 YPC
19 carries 2.7 YPC
17 carries 2.7 YPC
27 carries 5.4 YPC
14 carries 2.7 YPC
2001 Total: 3.6 YPC
Turned out to be his second worst season ever (worst coming his last year in SD, where he was pretty much done for anyways). Career average of 4.3 YPC

But everyone's totally right... Dallas should completely give up on Elliot after 2 weeks...

I was just pointing out the obvious that it can happen. hell, Eddie Lacy dominated the league as a rookie. Cowboys are gonna pound zeke. Worry is him getting nicked, not losing carries imo. 

Any thoughts on Lance Dunbar?  He was carving out a nice role as a PPR flex option before he blew his knee out last year.  

Elliot/Morris is a better tandem than Randle/McFadden but I still think there is a role for Dunbar and his snap count/usage looks to be going up as he shows he's healthy.  

In my 14 team league where I'm waiting on Leveon I will be putting somebody off the DEEP sleeper list in my lineup at RB. After missing out on Dwayne W, Drake, McCluster, and even Jordan Howard I'm looking at the likes of Ferguson and Dunbar.  Craziness but #### happens.

Any thoughts on Lance Dunbar?  He was carving out a nice role as a PPR flex option before he blew his knee out last year.  

Elliot/Morris is a better tandem than Randle/McFadden but I still think there is a role for Dunbar and his snap count/usage looks to be going up as he shows he's healthy.  

In my 14 team league where I'm waiting on Leveon I will be putting somebody off the DEEP sleeper list in my lineup at RB. After missing out on Dwayne W, Drake, McCluster, and even Jordan Howard I'm looking at the likes of Ferguson and Dunbar.  Craziness but #### happens.
Hey VaTerp.. big fan.

I have Zeke, Morris, and Dunbar rostered and am also a Cowboys homer. :bag:   I think Dunbar's role would grow a decent amount if Zeke went down, but in its current state I think I would much rather roster Ferguson in Indy for immediate deep plug in.

First off, relax. Why do people get so hot and bothered about this? With the run he has 3.3 YPC, without it he has 2.78 YPC. Does it change the fact that he is underperforming expectations so far?

From my recollection it was wide open but I'd have to rewatch it again. I'm not expecting Dallas to hand over anything to Morris. Jerry Jones stated that they were going to involve him more in week 2 and he had the same amount of carries. They spent a very high 1st round pick on Elliott when RBs have generally been devalued in recent years. They're obviously counting on him to be a star and a slow start is not going to change their philosophy. I am stating, however, that Morris has looked like the better back at this point in time and deserves more reps, although he is unlikely to see much more.

I don't understand where you're seeing this.

I think Alfred has looked great in limited action. But will the Cowboys give up on Zeke this early? I don't think so, although Morris is playing better. CAP has the opportunity now. Morris could be a stud if given a chance, or Zeke gets hurt. 
Re-read that Dr. Brew. I said Alfred has looked great, is playing better and could be a stud if given a chance, while not believing that Dallas will give up on Zeke this early. This whole "everyone's totally right Dallas should completely give up on Elliot after 2 weeks" is over-reaction.

I'm not sure if you two fellas are actually doctors. But lets not make things to be more than they are please. Thanks.

First off, relax. Why do people get so hot and bothered about this? With the run he has 3.3 YPC, without it he has 2.78 YPC. Does it change the fact that he is underperforming expectations so far?

From my recollection it was wide open but I'd have to rewatch it again. I'm not expecting Dallas to hand over anything to Morris. Jerry Jones stated that they were going to involve him more in week 2 and he had the same amount of carries. They spent a very high 1st round pick on Elliott when RBs have generally been devalued in recent years. They're obviously counting on him to be a star and a slow start is not going to change their philosophy. I am stating, however, that Morris has looked like the better back at this point in time and deserves more reps, although he is unlikely to see much more.

I don't understand where you're seeing this.

Re-read that Dr. Brew. I said Alfred has looked great, is playing better and could be a stud if given a chance, while not believing that Dallas will give up on Zeke this early. This whole "everyone's totally right Dallas should completely give up on Elliot after 2 weeks" is over-reaction.

I'm not sure if you two fellas are actually doctors. But lets not make things to be more than they are please. Thanks.
I was being facetious. I think people over-react too much to early statistics which is why I was demonstrating an overreaction as well. I'll be more obvious with my sarcasm next time. Maybe an emoticon. 

Yes, Morris looks great but he's always had talent. He could eat into Elliot's workload, but this is Dallas we are talking about. I've never known Jerry Jones to fall over himself to draft someone and then take back the keys to the kingdom

My degree has nothing to do with my statements... when we want to talk about injuries and recovery then yes I'll throw my career/experience to back up my educated opinion  :thumbup:

interesting

Deep sleeper: Undrafted rookie Chester Rogers, who the Colts will slot in as the #3 WR with Moncrief out.
Hmm.  I thought why a squatty RB but I see he has a build that could say WR as he was listed at 6-1 and 180#.  Might be someone to watch?

Nobody is taking Elliott's place without injury,  this organization wants to look right in drafting him in the 1st.   That aside,  in week 2 Morris did fine with what he had to work with.  He's a solid handcuff. 

1. 0 yard carry  - Toss left, 9 in the box, 3 defenders all over the play

2. 0 yard carry - Dive, Tackle breaks his block, other defenders all over the play

3. 4 yard carry (Touchdown)  - Basically goalline from the 4.

4. 5 yard carry - Running out the clock with 9 in the box

5. -2 yard carry  - Sweep right, 9 in the box.  Slim chance for success from the start

Doug Martin is out 3 weeks or so, and Sims will get more run for sure.

If Peyton Barber is give some 1st down and short yardage work, he might be worth it.  The only other back is Jaquizz Rogers, a back so inignificant, I never bothered to learn how to spell his name.  

He's free, available on almost all deep waiver wires.  He and Dwayne Washington are in similar situations now, and there is a stampede to get Washington, while Barber sits alone.  I don't dount Wsshington's more physically gifted, but I think they have similar opportunitites here.  

I grabbed him, and if he's inactive this week, I will cut him for someone else.  

Jaquizz Rogers is likely the guy. He might overtake Sims.  I really like Sims, but he's not a very good running RB.  He lacks power and goes down too easily, also not great at reading blocks.  Sims has the best shot of the two, but don't be surprised if Rodgers emerges.  

Doesn't hurt to take a shot on Barber, but the team hasn't been high on him. Opportunity can always change that though. 

Jaquizz Rogers is likely the guy. He might overtake Sims.  I really like Sims, but he's not a very good running RB.  He lacks power and goes down too easily, also not great at reading blocks.  Sims has the best shot of the two, but don't be surprised if Rodgers emerges.  

Doesn't hurt to take a shot on Barber, but the team hasn't been high on him. Opportunity can always change that though. 
jacquizz is certainly not the guy. The bears cut him and have one of the worst backfields in the league. 

jacquizz is certainly not the guy. The bears cut him and have one of the worst backfields in the league. 
Sims has not been a good RB (in football terms).  He's very strong as a CoP and receiving back, but has weak vision and goes down easily.  I'm not a Rodgers fan, but he looked better than Sims in a couple of touches and may be a better fill-in for Martin than Sims.  I'd still pick up Sims over him because of opportunity and upside but I'm expecting Rodgers to look better. Ultimately, neither player will replace Martin in the lineup.

And the fact that the Bears cut him is irrelevant. If your'e relying on the Bears FO to identify talent you're in trouble...

edit: 

Koetter also said Rodgers more closely resembles Martin, in terms of running style and being an every down back, while praising his “zone running” and pass protection. Monken agreed.

“Really (Martin and Rodgers are) similar in a number of ways,” Monken said. “They’re both good in pass [protection], good catching the ball out of the backfield and can run with power when needed.”

Sims has not been a good RB (in football terms). He's very strong as a CoP and receiving back, but has weak vision and goes down easily.
"Player A is not very good. Therefore Player B must be a better option."

Users who are viewing this thread