What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 waiver wire (1 Viewer)

I'd be fine as long as it aligns with the current FF week.

I'm here to talk about available players as of now, week 3.

If anyone is interested I put together a spreadsheet with players snaps, utilization and etc. to get a better look at the landscape before waivers run. Based purely on snaps and utilization, I'm looking at the following in deeper leagues..

Doctson - played on 28% of snaps (33% increase from week 1), saw 5 targets and 3 RZ looks

Perriman - played on 41% of snaps (32% increase), saw 5 targets

Ferguson - played on 37% of snaps (118% increase), saw 4 targets and 2 carries
This is fantastic.  Thank you.  Are you posting this weekly, and if so, when do you usually have it up?

btemp said:
Jaquizz Rogers is likely the guy. He might overtake Sims.  I really like Sims, but he's not a very good running RB.  He lacks power and goes down too easily, also not great at reading blocks.  Sims has the best shot of the two, but don't be surprised if Rodgers emerges.  

Doesn't hurt to take a shot on Barber, but the team hasn't been high on him. Opportunity can always change that though. 
I will be very surprised if Rodgers emerges.  Sims has shown more natural running and receiving ability in his 2+ seasons than Rodgers ever has in his 5+ seasons.

It will be a huge surprise if Rodgers emerges.  He's smaller, slower, is worse in the running game and worse in the passing game.

I will be very surprised if Rodgers emerges.  Sims has shown more natural running and receiving ability in his 2+ seasons than Rodgers ever has in his 5+ seasons.

It will be a huge surprise if Rodgers emerges.  He's smaller, slower, is worse in the running game and worse in the passing game.
IMO Sims is one of the better backups in the league. I know there is at least 1 highly respected FBG Staffer that prefers Sims over Martin.

yes, all of what you wrote.

If Antonio Gates sits, I'm thinking Hunter Henry could be a sneaky fill-in. I'm rolling with Jesse James until Ertz gets back on the field, but don't like his match up with the Eagles.

Well, he won't "emerge" in the sense that this will be an RBBC until Martin returns. And Martin is better than both backs.  

He's a better at blitz pickup and can run with power - something Sims isn't good at.  I also wonder if Rodgers get the goal line touches - or if dark horse Barber emerges. 

I'm not planting a flag for Rodgers, his ceiling is very clearly capped.  But Sims has never shown an ability to carry a load.  He's been an ineffective runner between the tackles and is best used in space.  Maybe he takes it to the next level now.  I just don't expect it. 

Well, he won't "emerge" in the sense that this will be an RBBC until Martin returns. And Martin is better than both backs.  

He's a better at blitz pickup and can run with power - something Sims isn't good at.  I also wonder if Rodgers get the goal line touches - or if dark horse Barber emerges. 

I'm not planting a flag for Rodgers, his ceiling is very clearly capped.  But Sims has never shown an ability to carry a load.  He's been an ineffective runner between the tackles and is best used in space.  Maybe he takes it to the next level now.  I just don't expect it. 
I don't think you're planting a flag but I do wonder how you could possibly think that Rodgers can run with power when he has never demonstrated any such thing on any level.  From Oregon State through his pro career his game was predicated on speed and getting lost behind the o-line allowing him to sneak to the edges, he has never been utilized as any kind of power runner.  

I also question the assertion that he is better at blitz pickup particularly as Sims has been chosen as the passing downs back for the last two seasons.

Is there anything specific you are basing these assertions upon because the reality on the field runs in stark contrast to your statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you're planting a flag but I do wonder how you could possibly think that Rodgers can run with power when he has never demonstrated any such thing on any level.  From Oregon State through his pro career his game was predicated on speed and getting lost behind the o-line allowing him to sneak to the edges, he has never been utilized as any kind of power runner.  

I also question the assertion that he is better at blitz pickup particularly as Sims has been chosen as the passing downs back for the last two seasons.

Is there anything specific you are basing these assertions upon because the reality on the field runs in stark contrast to your statements.
I'm basing it on having watched lots of games with Sims and Rodgers. I'm also basing it on comments by the Bucs. Last (and least important) FootballOutsiders have Rodgers ranked a bit ahead of Sims in running ability (they attempt to separate the RB from OL blocking). 

Rodgers is not a power back but he runs with enough power to engage defenders and fall forward.  That's something Sims doesn't do. I was also borrowing the literal statement "he runs with power" from the Bucs own coaches). Charles Sims has a lot of ability but so far vision and breaking tackles near the box is not one of them. 

As for blitz pickup, that was wrong. It should have read: Rodgers is a good receiver and good at blitz pickup. 

I'm basing it on having watched lots of games with Sims and Rodgers. I'm also basing it on comments by the Bucs. Last (and least important) FootballOutsiders have Rodgers ranked a bit ahead of Sims in running ability (they attempt to separate the RB from OL blocking). 

Rodgers is not a power back but he runs with enough power to engage defenders and fall forward.  That's something Sims doesn't do. I was also borrowing the literal statement "he runs with power" from the Bucs own coaches). Charles Sims has a lot of ability but so far vision and breaking tackles near the box is not one of them. 

As for blitz pickup, that was wrong. It should have read: Rodgers is a good receiver and good at blitz pickup. 
In the NFL, Rodgers has never passed the eye test, for me. He has also never averaged 4 ypc and has a career 7.1 yard per pass reception. 

Users who are viewing this thread