What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 REDRAFT Buy Low/ Sell High - Thread (1 Viewer)

Week 2. Who we buying? Injuries a-plenty :(  
I know people will be looking at RB replacements, but for people who don't need one, I think N'Keal Harry is very interesting. He was right there with Edelman in snaps and targets, and seems to be in Edelman's old role of shorter routes. Its possible he was used more with White out, but there is certainly no reason he can't be the #2 in NE, and Cam looks more accurate than ever.

time to buy Antonio Gibson, volume was there yesterday. he's going to snag this lead role and run away with it. it's like they're prepping him for a significantly larger role, using first 2-4 games as quasi-preseason. 

buy McKinnon any way you can.he's a dynamic player, fantastic athlete. they're just scratching the surface with him.two games into the season, and he has double-digit fantasy pts. in each. that's a trend. if he does it again next week you won't be able to acquire him, the price will be too high. right now you can just say ;yeah he torched the Jets because they're the Jets I just need him as a bye week filler bla bla bla.' shark move.  

buy benny snell - if you believe in James Conner's ability to remain intact and healthy for an entire year, you're viewing things through rosey colored glasses.

sell Jordan Reed he's a sneeze away from IR again.

too late to buy Tannethrill?!?! he's going to be fantasy football's #1 or #2 QB this season.

I know not the right spot but in need of WR help - - think offering Mixon for Lockett straight up is a good idea?  Sitting on Jacobs/Taylor/McKinnon and the #1 waiver spot which I could use for Davis to keep RB depth...

I know people will be looking at RB replacements, but for people who don't need one, I think N'Keal Harry is very interesting. He was right there with Edelman in snaps and targets, and seems to be in Edelman's old role of shorter routes. Its possible he was used more with White out, but there is certainly no reason he can't be the #2 in NE, and Cam looks more accurate than ever.
Interesting, I was thinking about cutting him for a RB as he looked so average out there....you guys think there’s something here?

I think this is a good move. I have both him and JuJu and I'm looking to unload JuJu now.
hmmm.. I don't know about that.  While I think both will get theirs they will alternate.  JuJu had a big week 1, teams adjust.  Johnson got his.  I still think JuJu has a monster year.  I wouldn't mind starting both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I was thinking about cutting him for a RB as he looked so average out there....you guys think there’s something here?
I don't think he's particularly good as a player, but he's clearly locked in as the Pats #2 pass catcher, and is currently 10th at WR in targets(tied with Edelman) and had an 8 point swing in week 1, where he lost a fumble through the endzone stretching out for a TD. If he gets that TD, I bet the opinion of him is higher.

You give Harry too much credit by calling him average. He's terrible. Sell now for whatever you can get.

I don't think he's particularly good as a player, but he's clearly locked in as the Pats #2 pass catcher, and is currently 10th at WR in targets(tied with Edelman) and had an 8 point swing in week 1, where he lost a fumble through the endzone stretching out for a TD. If he gets that TD, I bet the opinion of him is higher.
Harry might be 2nd in the pecking order right now, I'm not convinced that's true. Either way, Byrd will soon be the 2nd option even if he isn't now. Harry can only get open by accident or an orchestrated play. He can't even get separation on a crossing route against man coverage. It's bad. 

I honestly wouldn't want to count on any of the pass catchers in this offense, even Edelman. McDaniels would rather not pass the ball 40 times a game and he shouldn't have to very often. This is a variation of the Raven's low volume passing offense. Cam is better at getting the ball to his receivers than Jackson, so I sort of like Byrd as a decent waiver pick up. I want no parts of Harry though. Apparently neither does anybody in my league, I can't even get a 3rd for him.

cloppbeast said:
Harry might be 2nd in the pecking order right now, I'm not convinced that's true. Either way, Byrd will soon be the 2nd option even if he isn't now. Harry can only get open by accident or an orchestrated play. He can't even get separation on a crossing route against man coverage. It's bad. 

I honestly wouldn't want to count on any of the pass catchers in this offense, even Edelman. McDaniels would rather not pass the ball 40 times a game and he shouldn't have to very often. This is a variation of the Raven's low volume passing offense. Cam is better at getting the ball to his receivers than Jackson, so I sort of like Byrd as a decent waiver pick up. I want no parts of Harry though. Apparently neither does anybody in my league, I can't even get a 3rd for him.
I couldn't disagree more. Boyd is just a clearout guy. Harry made several nice catches in the Seattle game, and he's only get to get better. I'm not saying I think he's some great target or anything, but he's probably a throw in on deals right now, and has WR3 upside, with likely a decent flex floor. Those screens aren't going away, and he was a shoestring from some bigger plays.

Also, Harry has been tacked inside the 3 yard line 3 times in 2 games. He's been really unlucky so far this season.

Or he plods and is easy to tackle no matter where he catches the ball.
With that physique, it looks like he could have got in the end zone on that last catch. Looked like he went down too easily, and I wonder if he was trying too hard not to fumble?

I couldn't disagree more. Boyd is just a clearout guy. Harry made several nice catches in the Seattle game, and he's only get to get better. I'm not saying I think he's some great target or anything, but he's probably a throw in on deals right now, and has WR3 upside, with likely a decent flex floor. Those screens aren't going away, and he was a shoestring from some bigger plays.

Also, Harry has been tacked inside the 3 yard line 3 times in 2 games. He's been really unlucky so far this season.
Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure those almost touchdowns weren't great plays from Harry where he couldn't quite get in. More like he got thrown the ball at the goal line on a screen or a swing pass but couldn't gain 2 yards for the score.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread