What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Waiver Wire Targets (1 Viewer)

Lots of folks will be putting in waiver claims for Warner unless the announce Leinart as the starter.
To be to quick to drink the Warner koolaid yet, Leinart will be back next week....
:goodposting: There is no way they are going to just bench the future. Give it a few more games like this and then there is a great possibility.
I did not say I was picking him up, but he will be a favorite for those with a sense of nostalgia

I was going to pick up White this week, but decided to get cute for another week to land Selvin Young instead(I own Henry).

Could have had him for a dollar. No way in hell that happens now.

Im gonna bid a ton of money on Roddy this week
The dude that's on ESPN News on Sunday mornings (with Matt Berry, the "Talented Mr Roto" :thumbup: ) made a prediction today that Roddy White was going over 100 yards.Berry ( :lmao: ) said that if it happened, he'd wear a Roddy White jersey on next week's show. :bag: This comes a week after Berry ( :lmao: ) strongly recommended the Bengal D against the Browns. Rough couple of weeks for the Talented Mr Roto ( :lmao: )

Are Roddy White and the former Dez White the same guy? I try to keep up on my FF but I unfortunately tend to ignore Falcons WR

so you think he's the real deal?
Every year WRs come out of nowhere to become valuable fantasy contributors. Why cant it be White? He was a former first round pick so obviously he has talent. Now they have a QB who actually throws the ball to WRs unlike Vick in the past. Even if Harrington gets bounced from the starting job, Leftwich has shown the ability to throw to WRs. His games so far this year 4 for 29 yds, 4 for 81 yds, and 7 for 127 yds and 1 td. Looks like hes getting the targets. Why cant he be the real deal? Not much to lose besides bid bucks which after a few weeks not much will be out there. Better grab someone too early instead of too late.

Every year WRs come out of nowhere to become valuable fantasy contributors. Why cant it be White? He was a former first round pick so obviously he has talent. Now they have a QB who actually throws the ball to WRs unlike Vick in the past. Even if Harrington gets bounced from the starting job, Leftwich has shown the ability to throw to WRs. His games so far this year 4 for 29 yds, 4 for 81 yds, and 7 for 127 yds and 1 td. Looks like hes getting the targets. Why cant he be the real deal? Not much to lose besides bid bucks which after a few weeks not much will be out there. Better grab someone too early instead of too late.
nope it's curtis

jamil said:
might scoop up reggie williams
I may do the same. The Jags' offense doesn't offer much in the way of passing yards, but Williams seems to be the one guy that's at least making plays.

nope it's curtis
In what league is Kevin Curtis ever on waivers?

nope it's curtis
Mine -- I dropped him to make room for the KC D, opting to play them over Miami.On one hand, it sucks to have dropped a guy who blew up, and will now be easy pickings for teams with better priorities.On the other, that move at D was the difference that (barring a few TDs from Marion Barber) seems to have won me the game.That, and I picked up Roddy White during this past week. :popcorn:

nope it's curtis
Mine -- I dropped him to make room for the KC D, opting to play them over Miami.On one hand, it sucks to have dropped a guy who blew up, and will now be easy pickings for teams with better priorities.On the other, that move at D was the difference that (barring a few TDs from Marion Barber) seems to have won me the game.That, and I picked up Roddy White during this past week. :jawdrop:
Yours and 57,781 other leagues according to Yahoo. And, he's only owned in 64% of CBS/NFL.com leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenny Watson if Rudi's hammy is bad

Bowe looking like Colston V2 even on a bad offense.

Hurd - Crayton looking rough (broken finger, but bad drops)

Long shot - Hilliard (TB) - Clayton looked like he was swearing @ Chucky on the sidelines after a bad play

nope it's curtis
Mine -- I dropped him to make room for the KC D, opting to play them over Miami.On one hand, it sucks to have dropped a guy who blew up, and will now be easy pickings for teams with better priorities.On the other, that move at D was the difference that (barring a few TDs from Marion Barber) seems to have won me the game.That, and I picked up Roddy White during this past week. :thumbup:
Yours and 57,781 other leagues according to Yahoo. And, he's only owned in 64% of CBS/NFL.com leagues.
Good freaking posting!Why do you come into the thread if you're going to just poop in it. If someone mentions Curtis, and he's not available in my league, big dang deal! But, if he is...nice.

Dare I say.....Ron Dayne?
The problem with Dayne (among many) is - - is he the backup? Might the Texans not go with Gado, Cook, or some combination? I think there's too much uncertainty there, although in the league in which I own AGreen, I guess I'd better try to figure it out (sigh). My top pick is RWhite, followed by RWilliams. I don't think Rudi is seriously hurt.

If Dayne is healthy and available, he is a very good pickup. Cook and Gado did nothing this week to displace him, and he is the clear number two. Don't forget he had four very good games for this team last year, so he is capable of doing well in that offense.

Jeff King. If you are still looking for a TE (which I was after drafting McMichael :confused: ), or if you need a backup with some decent upside.

nope it's curtis
I believe he was referring to Curtis being the one that will come out of 'nowhere', not saying that he's the WW pickup.

Roydell Williams (if he hasn't been taken)

Brian Griese

Joey Harrington (for those who picked up Grossman or Derek Anderson)

Carr

Jeff King. If you are still looking for a TE (which I was after drafting McMichael ;) ), or if you need a backup with some decent upside.
:D I snagged King on Sunday morning, after dealing Gates for SJax. There weren't many WW options, figured ATL would double Smith and someone had to reap the rewards. Imagine my surprise when King matched Gates output this week...

Users who are viewing this thread