What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Waiver Wire (2 Viewers)

In one league I own both Gronk & Eifert and I made a joke at the draft "two injury prone TEs. Hopefully they dont get hurt in the same week".

Yeah I think it might be splitting hairs especially with those first three, but what worries me about Henry is that Murray is still there. I don't think you have to worry about Lacy or Rawls really stealing anyone's job if Carson plays decently enough. I like White the least of the three because the Pats have so many mouths to feed, but I'm struggling between picking between Henry and Carson because I need some immediate RB help but don't want to be too short sighted.
I think Murray pulled his hammy again yesterday.  He is not going to make it through this season healthy.  Henry had the most touches and has a much better run blocking O-Line then Seattle does with Carson.  Take Henry.

I didn't get to watch much of the Cards game. Im strong at the WR position, but not very deep at all. Thinking about a long hard look at JJ Nelson. I have #1 waiver so I'm a little skeptical, but he seems to have a solid role moving forward.
He had a big role at the end of last year as well and had top 24 weeks all but one (I think).  Top of the WR list for me if he's not owned 

Where do Olsen's targets go?
Not for nothing but Funchess tied his career high target total (7) and set new career highs in receptions (4) and yards (68) last week. The performance in nothing to write home about but in light of Olsen's injury it's worth taking note of.

He also played on 84% of the snaps, KB played on 63%. 

Last edited by a moderator:
John Ross... could be his coming out party this weekend. GB looks pretty rough against the pass, especially speedy slot guys. This could be the last week you get him for free. 

Wasn't Funchess also thought to be a combo WR/TE coming out of college? Might he see a fair amount of TE snaps?

loser said:
 Reading through this thread, I've decided the answer is no one. No One. Especially with the #1 waiver priority, unless you're truly desperate, of course.
Same, all the good guys listed in here are long gone either in the draft or picked up last week.

John Ross... could be his coming out party this weekend. GB looks pretty rough against the pass, especially speedy slot guys. This could be the last week you get him for free. 
It's hard to AJ Green to put up good numbers this year with the red rocket...he's looked awful....wouldn't be too confident in a 2nd option.

Crazy rules, but in one league there are delayed waivers to start the season.

I feel like I have to use up my $ with the talent on the WW> How would you rank these? 

C. Carson

T. Cohen

J. Allen

D. Henry

K. Golladay

N. Agholor

I need a Corey Coleman replacement. I have a claim in for JJ Nelson, Kearse, and Hurns in that order dropping Coleman.

Just watched his highlights from Sunday.  I'm buying.
Is Jaron Brown worth rostering as well as a cheaper alternative to JJ?  He actually out targeted JJ Nelson 11-7.   I realize this all assumes John Brown being out for an extended period.

I could use a WR and trying to rank JJ Nelson, Jaron Brown, Kearse, Higgins, Hurns, Agholor

Is Jaron Brown worth rostering as well as a cheaper alternative to JJ?  He actually out targeted JJ Nelson 11-7.   I realize this all assumes John Brown being out for an extended period.

I could use a WR and trying to rank JJ Nelson, Jaron Brown, Kearse, Higgins, Hurns, Agholor
I'd rank them as Kearse, JJ, Agholor, Hurns, Higgins and Brown. Jaron Brown is too easily knocked out of the Cardinals pecking order should John Brown play.

Yeah I think it might be splitting hairs especially with those first three, but what worries me about Henry is that Murray is still there. I don't think you have to worry about Lacy or Rawls really stealing anyone's job if Carson plays decently enough. I like White the least of the three because the Pats have so many mouths to feed, but I'm struggling between picking between Henry and Carson because I need some immediate RB help but don't want to be too short sighted.
The TN rushing offense could theoretically  support two good RBs. I'm not sure Seattle's can support one. 

With all the TE injuries he'll be picked up this week, but other potential TE pick ups would be Ben Watson, Dwayne Allen and Vernon Davis. If you have Gronk or Reed you have to handcuff him now.
I plan to pick up Austin Seferian Jenkins 

Dropping Hooper and keeping Charles Clay around

I think Taywan Taylor is probably available in most leagues. 

Corey Davis tweaked his hamstring and I think he will get more playing time next week. 

He's looked outstanding in limited time so far. Once he takes over a starting job he won't be so cheap. 

you guys think Joe Mixon  worth keeping in the 3 headed cinn debackle?

How do you guys rank these TEs: (non-ppr, redraft)

- Eric Engram

- Hunter Henry

- Ben Watson

- Jason Witten

I like Darkwa, but that situation looks horrendous. 
It's a shot in the dark...initially, no pun intended...but then...

Nevertheless, Paul Perkins sucks and the G-Men seemingly would do well to at least try a more smash mouth style of play.  Darkwa would seem to have a shot. That said, McAdouche is pretty awful.

How do you guys rank these TEs: (non-ppr, redraft)

- Eric Engram

- Hunter Henry

- Ben Watson

- Jason Witten
Witten by a pretty good margin. He's off to a great start, getting a ton of targets and he's just good. Then Henry because he has the best QB and a very good offense around him, I think he's also very talented. Watson is nice but they just lost, perhaps, their best offensive lineman in Yanda so he might be required to stay and block more going forward. Engram is clearly the best athlete but that team is in disarray right now.

Rashard Higgins

Geronimo Allison

Brandon Coleman

Devin Funchess

I can't believe these names I'm typing may have value.

Rashard Higgins

Geronimo Allison

Brandon Coleman

Devin Funchess

I can't believe these names I'm typing may have value.
Coleman's value should drop when Snead gets back and has no value to me beyond this week. Funchess will be playable while GO is out. Higgins is a nobody but a #1 WR nobody so he'll have value unless the unthinkable happens and Josh Gordon appears, but Allison is the one who could make a difference should Jordy or Cobb miss multiple weeks.

Still have hope for the little speedster but he needs to keep ahold of the rock.

Users who are viewing this thread