What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Waiver Wire (3 Viewers)

Rashard 'Hollywood' Higgins

Corey Coleman 'reportedly' has a broken hand

He was promoted from the practice squad and produced

• 7 receptions
  • 95 yards

If you're looking for a deep stash away guy, Elijah McGuire might not be the worst guy to consider.

Jets RB touches from yesterday:

Matt Forte: 9 rushes for 53 yards, 4 receptions for 38 yards

Elijah McGuire: 6 rushes for 29 yards, 1 reception for 7 yards

Bilal Powell: 6 rushes for 13 yards

Josh McCown: 4 rushes for 31 yards

Yes, it's hard to get excited about a Jets RB, but the team is gradually going to look at their youth and seem to be getting McGuire in the mix - his touches were not in garbage time. Forte is obviously not part of the future and I don't think Powell, no spring chicken himself, is ever going to be "the guy". Even in this offense, there may be a lot of opportunities for the RBs, particularly check downs. And McGuire is a very good receiver like the guys ahead of him on the depth chart.

It may take a while for McGuire to get an extended look, but if the team keeps going like it is - and all signs point that way - that time may be sooner rather than later.

ETA: http://www.jetnation.com/2017/09/18/in-loss-to-raiders-some-positives-emerge/

Last edited by a moderator:
Except it's 2 games straight with very different game script. They don't quite trust Perrine not to fumble, Kelley may not be healthy, Reed DEFINITELY isn't health, and they have lost 2 trusted pass catchers since last year. I see things having aligned for Thompson. He's Theo Riddick with the ability to run
Is this a real thing? Didn't he only fumble one time in the preseason? He does not have a history of fumbling: https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2131148/samaje-perine

pretty weak WW targets this week overall...Chris Thompson looks like one of the best and in non-PPR he's run of the mill.  Don't expect JJ Nelson to sustain what he did this week...some decent depth guys maybe but no one that's going to make a season long difference IMO.

pretty weak WW targets this week overall...Chris Thompson looks like one of the best and in non-PPR he's run of the mill.  Don't expect JJ Nelson to sustain what he did this week...some decent depth guys maybe but no one that's going to make a season long difference IMO.
JJ Nelson has a TD in 6 of his last 7 games. 3rd year, could be figuring it out 

If you're in a short bench league like me, you've got a second week of possible valuable RBs hitting the wire with injuries piling up and RBBC starting to sort themselves out.

I think I like them in this order for standard

C. Carson

D. Henry

J. White

C. Thompson

This order for PPR

C. Carson

J. White

D. Henry

C. Thompson

Thoughts?

IheartGuinness said:
I think I might do just that. Was planning on platooning Dak and Palmer throughout the year. Now I might just bail on Palmer and give this kid a try.
I drafted Palmer as my Luck replacement for the first few weeks. Just dropped him for Siemian.

The whole point of drafting a QB late is that you don't feel locked into him if he doesn't perform.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Good call on Siemian, both of you -- I think I'm picking  him up and leaving the Red Rocket to the wire. Dalton and Cinci look like a year-long hot mess.
Speaking of Dalton, if you're in super-flex or two QB leagues AJ McCarron should be on your watch list.

loser said:
 Reading through this thread, I've decided the answer is no one. No One. Especially with the #1 waiver priority, unless you're truly desperate, of course.
I agree, no-one really worth burning a selection for. Seems like the play (for me, anyway) so far these two weeks is to play anti-waivers -- grab someone prior to Sunday kickoff to see what transpires, and/or grab a player another GM may have too hastily dropped in favor of some of these hot hands du jour (ie.g. Nelson) or guys that  popped one week but are likely still embroiled in a committee (e.g. Carson).

FF Ninja said:
Is this a real thing? Didn't he only fumble one time in the preseason? He does not have a history of fumbling: https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2131148/samaje-perine
No, it's not. Perine will be the lead back until Kelly returns (and maybe after). However, 1 good rushing game should not convince you that Gruden will continue to rely on it. History shows this will still be a pass happy offense, not nearly as good as last year's, and even then there were redzone issues. I'd expect average RB2 numbers. 

In two leagues, I need TE. Looking at Watson, Everett, Z Miller, or DeValve. Watson, DeValve, and Miller have decent targets but Everett has large chunks of yardage.

I dont see any #1 WW priority adds this week, Jermaine Kearse's first 2 games is worth noting. Allen Hurns if he wasnt rostered last week. Perine potentially as it seems the redskins are not going to expand thompson's role.

shadyridr said:
Yeah nobody in either of my leagues too. Nelson & Perine are only good ones and they are both on rosters. Maybe Thompson.
Thompson has been surprising but I don't know if he's worth a high WW priority. I think he's better pick than Perine though.

How about Chris Carson? Is he getting the start over Rawls and Fat Eddie Lacy?

How many tight ends potentially need replacing? There is going to be a run on mediocre tight ends. Usually one owner might need to replace one tight end, there will be some competition on the wire for even players with low expectations.

In two leagues, I need TE. Looking at Watson, Everett, Z Miller, or DeValve. Watson, DeValve, and Miller have decent targets but Everett has large chunks of yardage.
Thinking about grabbing a TE as Eifert insurance. Of those, I'd say Watson and Miller are the only two worth considering, at least for now. Everett had one lucky catch on a blown call, and DeValve is in the dreaded TE time-share, which has never worked for anyone not named Rob Gronkowski or Aaron Hernandez.

Cam Newton owner here. I'm a little concerned with the loss of Olsen. Having entered the season without a quality backup I'll be putting a claim in for Alex Smith this week.

Crystalsteam99 said:
Watson will only be good until Woodhead comes back,then say bye bye to at least half those targets he was getting Yesterday.
Woodhead out 7+.  Olsen out 6-8.  Seems like a pretty good fit.

Jack Doyle is the TE to grab this week. I didn't notice his numbers yesterday but they were solid as anything you could want AND he is playing against Cleveland (who just gave up big games to Watson and Jesse James). If you're TE streaming, buying Doyle might just buy you a win.

In regards to Woodhead, remember that you can only bring back 2 guys from IR if they are healthy enough for it. We don't know what Woodhead if going to look like at that point or what the team will look like. If they lost, say, Weddle and Suggs to minor injuries, you bet your ### that they are using their returns on them and not Woodhead. Woodhead is good but that return slot is valuable and Allen is doing a fine job in his place so far.

As for Perrine and the fumbling, he fumbled in the preseason opener and has had some issues with it in practice as well. Also there is the concern of ball security. His leash won't be long but yesterday went a good ways towards proving he can maybe handle the load. I just think we have a Washington/Riddick situation from last year where everyone wants the 2 down thumper but the better play is the explosive 3rd down guy.

Cam Newton owner here. I'm a little concerned with the loss of Olsen. Having entered the season without a quality backup I'll be putting a claim in for Alex Smith this week.
In a league that requires you to roster 2 QBs, with Cam/Dalton.  Prob dropping Dalton for Simian.

Jack Doyle is the TE to grab this week. I didn't notice his numbers yesterday but they were solid as anything you could want AND he is playing against Cleveland (who just gave up big games to Watson and Jesse James). If you're TE streaming, buying Doyle might just buy you a win.

In regards to Woodhead, remember that you can only bring back 2 guys from IR if they are healthy enough for it. We don't know what Woodhead if going to look like at that point or what the team will look like. If they lost, say, Weddle and Suggs to minor injuries, you bet your ### that they are using their returns on them and not Woodhead. Woodhead is good but that return slot is valuable and Allen is doing a fine job in his place so far.

As for Perrine and the fumbling, he fumbled in the preseason opener and has had some issues with it in practice as well. Also there is the concern of ball security. His leash won't be long but yesterday went a good ways towards proving he can maybe handle the load. I just think we have a Washington/Riddick situation from last year where everyone wants the 2 down thumper but the better play is the explosive 3rd down guy.
Doyle was drafted in most leagues. I wish he was out there

If you're in a short bench league like me, you've got a second week of possible valuable RBs hitting the wire with injuries piling up and RBBC starting to sort themselves out.

C. Carson

D. Henry

J. White

C. Thompson

This order for PPR

C. Carson

J. White

D. Henry

C. Thompson

Thoughts?
I'm in a similar league and agree.

C. Carson

D. Henry

J. White

C. Thompson

This order for PPR

C. Carson

J. White

D. Henry

C. Thompson

Thoughts?
Something tells me that Murray's slight hamstring strain may linger all season.

Standard

Henry/Carson/White/Thompson

PPR

Henry/White/Carson/Thompson

I think Henry could a lowend RB1 second half of season.

hotboyz said:
Alex Collins
i grabbed him up in deeper leagues last wk when he went from p-squad to activation in like 2 days. 2nd half fumble could hurt him, but i liked him a bunch in seattle & could see him busting thru in bawlmer. if youre desperate... 

My thing on perine is didnt kelly look the part-- like really good before getting hurt? Not sure why he's suddenly a non factor now

Standard

PPR

Knowing Murray's injury history, even when he was at Dallas, I drafted and held D Henry in a couple of my leagues, The Titans O-line makes Henry one of the best #2's in the league.

Standard

PPR

Yeah I think it might be splitting hairs especially with those first three, but what worries me about Henry is that Murray is still there. I don't think you have to worry about Lacy or Rawls really stealing anyone's job if Carson plays decently enough. I like White the least of the three because the Pats have so many mouths to feed, but I'm struggling between picking between Henry and Carson because I need some immediate RB help but don't want to be too short sighted.

Yeah I think it might be splitting hairs especially with those first three, but what worries me about Henry is that Murray is still there. I don't think you have to worry about Lacy or Rawls really stealing anyone's job if Carson plays decently enough. I like White the least of the three because the Pats have so many mouths to feed, but I'm struggling between picking between Henry and Carson because I need some immediate RB help but don't want to be too short sighted.
Henry and Carson have similar floors.

Henry has a much higher ceiling.

Doyle was drafted in most leagues. I wish he was out there
He was dropped in all 3 of mine after week 1. I'm going to try and get him in all 3, although I'm wondering how much FAAB I'll have to spend to beat the Olsen owner in one of them. 

I didn't get to watch much of the Cards game. Im strong at the WR position, but not very deep at all. Thinking about a long hard look at JJ Nelson. I have #1 waiver so I'm a little skeptical, but he seems to have a solid role moving forward.

Maybe ASJ? I believe he comes back this week and a lot of TEs banged up. He had a really good camp too
With all the TE injuries he'll be picked up this week, but other potential TE pick ups would be Ben Watson, Dwayne Allen and Vernon Davis. If you have Gronk or Reed you have to handcuff him now.

Users who are viewing this thread