What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 waiver wire pickups (1 Viewer)

Anderson was inactive today. Hurt or healthy scratch?
Healthy scratch. Rotoworld reported it was because he doesn't play special teams. Still, it seems weird to imagine everyone getting excited about a guy who wasn't even on the field this week.

Brian Quick is absurdly only 52% owned.
That's crazy. I even started him in a league this week. One of only 2 leagues out of 7 I even have a chance of winning this week. :(

Definitely going to make sure I put a good offer on him if I and everybody else let him slip through so far, but I'm not holding my breathe on finding him in a competitive league

Odell Beckham
Definitely going to be popular for leagues who didn't preemptively grab him.

Andre Williams
Should already be owned in pretty much every league, no? Especially after last week.

Branden Oliver has to be #1
He's definitely at the top of my list

Anyone watching Luke Willson-TE with SEA in deep leagues? He flashed some last year and has nice measurables. Zach Miller sounds like he's out. Not sure if that offense can support a productive tight end, or an every week start, but maybe his talent can prevail?

Dates: 03/18/13
Height: 6053
Weight: 251
40 Yrd Dash: 4.51
20 Yrd Dash: 2.57
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29
3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Some info on his SPARQ score etc:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-analysis/2013/6/19/4445838/seahawks-pete-carroll-sparq-luke-willson

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone watching Luke Willson-TE with SEA in deep leagues? He flashed some last year and has nice measurables. Zach Miller sounds like he's out. Not sure if that offense can support a productive tight end, or an every week start, but maybe his talent can prevail?

Dates: 03/18/13

Height: 6053

Weight: 251

40 Yrd Dash: 4.51

20 Yrd Dash: 2.57

10 Yrd Dash: 1.53 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23

Vertical Jump: 38

Broad Jump: 10'02"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29

3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Some info on his SPARQ score etc:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-analysis/2013/6/19/4445838/seahawks-pete-carroll-sparq-luke-willson
He isn't worth an add unless you are in dynasty. Even at that I don't think the TE is enough part of this offense to consider him.

just a general list of people to target that are likely available in many redrafts week 6:

QBs- Brady, Hoyer, whichever Tenn QB is active v Jax

RB- Oliver, Williams, Hillman, Cunningham, Winn **I avoided CAR (Reaves, Stewart, etc.), and really want to avoid the dreaded Hillman that I had believed in for past two years.**

WR- Beckham Jr., Murphy, Hunter, MFloyd (SD), Holmes

TE- Wright, Clay

I'll go against the consensus and put Hillman and Andre Williams ahead of Oliver. Hillman is in such a high scoring offense that I think he's a can't miss. Just look at Knowshon Moreno last year. Also, Mathews should be back in 1-2 weeks, Jennings in 2 weeks and Ball in 3 weeks.

I'll go against the consensus and put Hillman and Andre Williams ahead of Oliver. Hillman is in such a high scoring offense that I think he's a can't miss. Just look at Knowshon Moreno last year. Also, Mathews should be back in 1-2 weeks, Jennings in 2 weeks and Ball in 3 weeks.
Ball has missed, lol

Long Ball Larry said:
need2know said:
Long Ball Larry said:
Oliver

Anderson

Hillman

Cunningham

How do we rank these guys? Any other RBs who should be in that mix?
Oliver first. Cunningham last. I think cj over hillman but no one really knows
Don't you think that it is possibly that Cunningham will have the most opportunity of all of them? If Stacy ends up missing a few weeks?
Biggest issue with Cunningham is The Rams arent SD or Den, offensively and look at his schedule SF, Sea, KC, SF, Az. Den, SD. BRUTAL!

like Ball? Or like Brandon Jacson that one year in GB?

Excluding @SEA and last week when he got hurt, Ball is averaging 11 pts/game. I think all else equal, Denver is a better spot for a RB than San Diego.

Kirk Cousins or Stanton/Carson Palmer(if healthy/if they are on the wire). That ARI v WAS game could be a shootout with all the defensive injuries and I'm not sure I trust Stafford without Calvin.

Justin Hunter if he's available. Breakout game.
Any normal 12 team league worth a nickel and he's long gone on someones bench.
Not really. He is worth rostering but you have to go through about 4 dud games before you get to harvest one breakout game. If he gets into your lineup he does more harm than good. I would have no problem leaving him on the waiver wire, let him be someone else's headache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Ball Larry said:
need2know said:
Long Ball Larry said:
Oliver

Anderson

Hillman

Cunningham

How do we rank these guys? Any other RBs who should be in that mix?
Oliver first. Cunningham last. I think cj over hillman but no one really knows
Don't you think that it is possibly that Cunningham will have the most opportunity of all of them? If Stacy ends up missing a few weeks?
Biggest issue with Cunningham is The Rams arent SD or Den, offensively and look at his schedule SF, Sea, KC, SF, Az. Den, SD. BRUTAL!
Also of issue is that Stacy's injury is just a strain, and per early reports (per Rapoport) he may be good to go. Rams have shown that Stacy is their primary back, so Cunningham has little value unless Stacy is out. Would pick Cunningham up only as a longer term play / hedging against Stacy's calf gets reaggravated.

Rate these RBs for DYNASTY:

Branden Oliver

Ronnie Hillman

CJ Anderson

Storm Johnson

kingmalaki said:
I have the top waiver and have to pick between Oliver and Williams. Tough choice....
Oliver seems like the better choice. Even when Mathews returns, Oliver should get a decent amount of touches.

kingmalaki said:
I have the top waiver and have to pick between Oliver and Williams. Tough choice....
Oliver seems like the better choice. Even when Mathews returns, Oliver should get a decent amount of touches.
This is my decision too. Oliver appears the better bet for maybe more explosive numbers over the next couple of weeks, particularly with Oakland up next. Williams might be a more solid choice with less upside but longer playing opportunity, though we don't know Jennings' prognosis yet. I'm leaning Oliver but not 100%.

Pick up Wright, he might not go off two weeks in a row, but he will be part of this offense. It does not function well enough without him on the field creating mismatches.

Rate these RBs for DYNASTY:

Branden Oliver

Ronnie Hillman

CJ Anderson

Storm Johnson
I don't think any of them is a home run. I think Oliver is the safest bet for value next year and has the biggest expected points over the next month, so he's a clear 1st. Anderson is the home run swing, but Denver likely signs/drafts someone to compete with Ball. Johnson can back into being a penciled-in starter, and I would probably take him over Anderson because of that. I think Hillman is the least likely to be worth rostering next year and at best is a Helu-like player, so he's a clear last for me.

Users who are viewing this thread