What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

Announcers mentioned something in the 4th quarter about Plaxico Burress getting his collarbone looked at on the sideline. He came back in the game after that.

Mason Unck LB CLE (ankle sprain) - returned

Gary Baxter CB CLE (pectoral sprain) - did not return

Kevin Johnson WR DET (torn Achilles') - out for season

Shaun Rogers DT DET (right MCL) - MRI Monday

Dre Bly CB DET (dislocated wrist) - might need surgery

Travis Fisher DB STL (groin injury) - did not return

Ryan Moats RB PHI (concussion)

Sammy Davis CB SD (rib injury) - did not return

Charles Woodson DB OAK (right calf injury) - did not return and

Derrick Gibson DB OAK (left wrist) - did not return

Ahman Green RB GB (knee) - did not return

Robert Ferguson WR GB (knee) - did not return

Ray Lewis LB BAL (thigh) - did not return

David Pollack LB CIN (left knee) - status unknown

Keiwan Ratliff CB CIN (hip pointer)

Cornelius Griffin DT WAS (strained groin)

Fred Beasley FB SF (bruised hand)

Derek Smith LB SF (strained hamstring)

Kevan Barlow RB SF (bruised quad)

David Baas G SF (bruised shoulder)

Alex Smith QB SF (strained knee)

Brandon Jones WR TEN (right knee strain)

Billy Volek QB TEN (mild concussion)

Chris Brown RB TEN (shoulder stinger)

Ken Amato LS TEN (leg injury)

Mike Williams T BUF (leg) - returned

Greg Jerman T BUF (ankle) - did not return

Chris Villarrial G BUF (neck) - did not return

Terrence McGee CB BUF (lower right leg) - did not return
:wub:

You could see Fergie's knee bend the opposite way, as in a hyperextension.
Mike Sherman reported it was the ankle after the game. Have to wait till tomorrow for more information.

Vikings may have done themselves a big favor by signing Koren Robinson. Who would have guessed that their divisional rivals (GB & DET) would be hurting for a experienced wideout.

Okay - so does anyone know the severity of Ray Lewis and Derrick Gibson injuries? I didn't see either game. Are we talking minor ding or an injury that will lead to down time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay - so does anyone know the severity of Ray Lewis and Derrick Gibson injuries? I didn't see either game. Are we talking minor ding or an injury that will lead to down time?
Raiders lose two DBs to injuriesBy JOSH DUBOW, AP Sports Writer

October 23, 2005

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Charles Woodson broke his right leg, and Derrick Gibson dislocated his left wrist Sunday, leaving the Oakland Raiders without two key starters in their secondary for up to two months.

Coach Norv Turner gave the preliminary diagnosis of the two players after Oakland's 38-17 victory over Buffalo and said the players would undergo further tests Monday, holding out hope for a more positive diagnosis.

``Those are six-to-eight week injuries, but I can't say that's the final deal,'' Turner said. ``We'll know more in the morning.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-r...ov=ap&type=lgns

Ferguson stayed on the field for several minutes and was carted to the locker room moments later. The injury was initially announced as his left knee, but Sherman said after the game it was his ankle.
Wachyou talkin about, Willis? :boxing:
that shtick is trademarked :rant:

Oct 24 Pete Dougherty, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green (knee) may be done for the season with a quadriceps injury.

Kevin Johnson WR DET (torn Achilles') - out for season

Besides Mike Williams, who is left to play for the Lions?
When is Roy coming back?
I think he'll probably be back next week, the week after at the latest.
Rogers will be back soon too. I think week 9.
For one game or two?From: Websters Dictionary

injury prone [ ínjəree prōn ]

1. disposed or having a tendency to physical damage to the body or a body part;

2. Charles Rogers

http://www.lionbacker.com/images/photos/Ch..._Rogers_out.jpg[/urlhttp://www.lionbacker.com/images/photos/Ch..._Rogers_out.jpg[/url]

FYI per the Mike Sherman press conference:A Green has an MRI scheduled today and surgery pending. He called the injury a quad tendon rupture and said it was quite significant. He gave no timetable.Fergie has an ACL sprain and said 2-4 weeks

From KFFL:Rams Injury WoesSt. Louis Rams QB Marc Bulger (shoulder), who is dealing with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder, did some throwing Monday, Oct. 24, but he is not expected to play during Week 8. WR Isaac Bruce (turf toe) is not expected to play during Week 8. WR Torry Holt (knee) is dealing with a strained PCL in his knee. After being a surprise scratch during Week 7, his status for Week 8 is questionable at this time. ESPNews reports St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz (heart) will not be able to return as the team's head coach during the 2005 season. Joe Vitt will remain as the team's interim head coach.

Announcers mentioned something in the 4th quarter about Plaxico Burress getting his collarbone looked at on the sideline. He came back in the game after that.
More information.
WR Plaxico Burress' back was fine after Sunday's game, but he apparently suffered an injury to his right shoulder. He was in and out of the lineup in the final few minutes - a main reason why Eli Manning was throwing so often to Amani Toomer. Coughlin said Burress was "sore" yesterday and was undergoing medical tests.

More information.
WR Plaxico Burress' back was fine after Sunday's game, but he apparently suffered an injury to his right shoulder. He was in and out of the lineup in the final few minutes - a main reason why Eli Manning was throwing so often to Amani Toomer. Coughlin said Burress was "sore" yesterday and was undergoing medical tests.
Saw that, he was grimacing and holding his shoulder. Haven't heard any updates but i expect him to show up on the injury report this week.

Vinny T hurt his achilles.
no he didn't. He hurt his lower calf and spoke of it on WFAN today. I heard the interview between Mara stuff. Anyhow he said he'd rest a couple days and be fine.

From KFFL:WR Torry Holt (knee) is dealing with a strained PCL in his knee. After being a surprise scratch during Week 7, his status for Week 8 is questionable at this time.
some sites have Holt as probable so he must be probably questionable right?

From KFFL:WR Torry Holt (knee) is dealing with a strained PCL in his knee. After being a surprise scratch during Week 7, his status for Week 8 is questionable at this time.
some sites have Holt as probable so he must be probably questionable right?
Aren't we all questionable?

Fergusson is LCL not ACL but still 4 weeks ish...

Sherman also said wide receiver Robert Ferguson will miss up to a month with a torn lateral cruciate ligament in his left knee, which he injured in the first quarter Sunday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-p...ov=ap&type=lgns
I'm not being the typo police here, just trying to understand...is "LCL" a typo for "PCL" ? If not, can anyone comment on typical LCL injuries? I don't think I've ever heard of this before...

I think what they are is:ACL- Anterior Cruciate Ligament - frontPCL - Posterior Cruciate Ligament - back LCL - Lateral Cruciate Ligament(s) - sidesI think the LCL is the least severe of these since the knee joint uch re flexing front to back when walking/running, etc. than it does side to side.I could be wrong, I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Users who are viewing this thread