What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

So would picking up Golladay or Corey Davis be the priority this week and ROS? I can pick up one hopefully this week and maybe the other next week . Just not sure if I could get both. Unfortunately have to get by the bye week issue this week.
Corey Davis.

Not only do I have to pick up 2 FA WRs from the wasteland this week I have to play them both if Diggs is also out.  Woop Woop!

Murray worth pursuing or was last week an anomaly?
I think he is worth an add. Solid workload of around 50% of the snaps, stays in on a number of passing downs to pass protect, and will get a few goalline carries. As time goes by his ankle will get healthier, that last game was the first time he had speed hitting the hole. Willing to buy that he is a upside flex/low-end RB2 for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
At times like these maybe double up on defenses. DSTs & kickers get dropped during byes.
This guy wires.  :thumbup:

I actually agree withi this kind of move, providing you have the bench spots and depth elsewhere. 

My team has some Week 9 byes, so using this past week and the next week or so to grab people that others' drop -- looking at pairing Ds is something I've done in the past to secure two great options that are good enough to hold their own by their own ROS, but also have complimentary schedules to stream. Added benefit is that it takes a solid D away from your opponents during their bye weeks.

After my own personal byes are more or less resolved after Week 9, will look for handcuff lottos (Malcolm Brown, Connor, Ekeler, etc.) and/or padding depth with players on the upswing with favorable playoff match ups.  

At times like these maybe double up on defenses. DSTs & kickers get dropped during byes.
This guy know things.  I had drafted Arizona's D and kept rolling them out until last week when I picked up Carolina.  Dropped them and M. Bryant for Detroit and Philly D's.  Their combined schedules are ridiculous the next month plus...SF, Den, Cle, @Chi, Chi, @Balt

Not only do I have to pick up 2 FA WRs from the wasteland this week I have to play them both if Diggs is also out.  Woop Woop!
I feel you.  Also have Diggs and Fitz on bye(Gurley too).  Currently have Cooper and Amendola in there.  ?  Wish I knew the status of Snead and Parker.  Ginn and Stills are out there.  Kearse?  Sanu?  Wash or Seattle guy?  Ugh not looking good, opponent has Green and Evans

So I ended not getting Stills so now the highest ranked WR on my wire is P. Richardson.  Juju still there, I sure hope he ends up getting cleared for action this week,

Luck and Pryor just got dropped in one of my leagues.  I don't think it's worth picking up Luck right now but I am considering Pryor.  He's bound to start doing something.  I was thinking of dropping Cobb for him.

Ben Watson was just dropped in dynasty PPR. Debating picking him up & dropping Kroft or Deonte Thompson whom I just picked up.

With Inman now a Bear, I am not sure if I should drop Deonte Thompson, D. Westbrook or Lynch for him or stand pat.

If you plan on starting JuJu with the news that Bryant may be inactive on Sunday, keep your finger on the Justin Hunter button just in case JuJu's concussion keeps him out, too. Hopefully we'll hear something definitive well before then, and perhaps the Steelers wouldn't be preparing to make Bryant inactive if they were concerned he couldn't play.

In any event, Hunter is taking Bryant's reps this week and he actually looked pretty decent in preseason.

I am a Steelers fan.....Justin Hunter has never looked good.....period.

the guy is a complete zero

the play is obviously Ju-Ju..he's def gonna play since MB has been docked....no way they do that without a lot of confidence in the bike-less one

I am a Steelers fan.....Justin Hunter has never looked good.....period.

the guy is a complete zero

the play is obviously Ju-Ju..he's def gonna play since MB has been docked....no way they do that without a lot of confidence in the bike-less one
I'm a football fan..

There's no obvious play. Outside of the fact that Juju has lined up in the slot on 73% of his snaps and isn't even a remote lock to take over for Bryant on the outside, the dude's snaps have gone from 82% in week 5 to 69% in week 6 to 42% last week. His target totals over those weeks has been 6, 3 and 3. Brown is and will likely remain the only obvious play in that offense.

Does Inman eventually become the X receiver in Chicago down the line? Kendall Wright pretty much plays the slot only, and his only competition are rookies.

I'm a football fan..

There's no obvious play. Outside of the fact that Juju has lined up in the slot on 73% of his snaps and isn't even a remote lock to take over for Bryant on the outside, the dude's snaps have gone from 82% in week 5 to 69% in week 6 to 42% last week. His target totals over those weeks has been 6, 3 and 3. Brown is and will likely remain the only obvious play in that offense.
The defensive assignments will be Slay on AB except when he’s in the slot. Diggs will take the slot, whether it’s AB or JuJu (he’s played well this year, similar to 2015.) When it’s AB in the slot I’m guessing Slay will be on JuJu. In two WR sets or when they run the 11 with AB inside, Hayden or Lawson will have the “other” outside WR. That’s the play for this week, they are CB100 and CB95 this year per PFF.

Picked up Connor and Dion to add to my stable of RB lotto picks (Henry and Rawls). If Rawls and Seattle doesn't pick up the run game, then I'll add Malcolm Brown.

It just takes one to hit! And one will strike gold in a long season...just hope it is one the RBs I've stashed.

Salary cap league where I'm rebuilding, picked up Corey Coleman, Jonnu Smith and Mack Hollins for a grand total 15 units (400 cap).  They should each do little enough this season to only go up 1 unit each for 2018.

I really want to drop McFadden and pick up Corey Davis.  I just don't envision McFadden doing much even if Elliot is suspended.

I really want to drop McFadden and pick up Corey Davis.  I just don't envision McFadden doing much even if Elliot is suspended.
I did the same exact thing yesterday. I need the WR help more if anything but his first game was very encouraging and if he does play I’m sure we’ll see more of it. McFadden/Morris could go either way and it could end up with neither being superbly valuable. 

Golladay missed practice today. Guess I'll drop him for Ju Ju. Need a bye week fill if Parker doesn't play.

Thoughts on Demarcus Robinson? Playing in crazy amount of snaps. Seems like another very talented guy that fell in the draft due to character concerns.

Are there enough looks to go around in KC's offense for this guy to become relevant?

what's the story with De De Westbrook? Worth adding in dynasty?
Short term I like him, long term dynasty wise I see him as a cheap WW lottery ticket.  He could end up being the #1 wr in Jacksonville next year with ARob and Lee being FAs at the end of the year and Hurns being over paid.

what's the story with De De Westbrook? Worth adding in dynasty?
If Westbrook is available in a dynasty league, grab him.

Hard to say what Westbrook will do this season getting a late start, but he could very well be their most productive WR next season.

Don't let his 4th round NFL draft status fool you. Without the character issues, he's a top-50 pick. 

Westbrook is immensely talented. He's not a sure thing & there's some character concerns, but considering his price (typically a late 3rd or 4th round pick & in some cases, free in waivers/FA), Westbrook is a monster bargain, IMO. In fact, I believe he's one of the best values we've ever seen in the dynasty landscape.

Users who are viewing this thread