What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 waiver wire DEF (1 Viewer)

Deuce'sWild

Footballguy
This week, I like...

Cle vs Balt

Hou vs Min

Atl vs Oak

Jac vs Cin

At this point I'm leaning towards Hou vs Min. They have a pretty solid run DEF and may be able to force some TO's from Frerrote. Plus, J. Jones could break a return at anytime.

Cleveland at home vs the Ravens really intrigues me though. They did really well slowing down the Jags running game this weekend. This could be a 10-6 game.

i'm using cleveland.. i don't think the ravens will continue to score points like they have the last 2 weeks.

i can't talk myself into houston on the road.

if jax were available i would roll with them. anyone against cinci is a startable defense

i'm using cleveland.. i don't think the ravens will continue to score points like they have the last 2 weeks.i can't talk myself into houston on the road.if jax were available i would roll with them. anyone against cinci is a startable defense
I agree...but, I worry about Cle not being able to move the ball and giving the Ravens good field position. Same goes for Houston somewhat, but Schaub should be able to move it through the air on the Vikes.

Since when is Jax a waiver wire defense? Not in my leagues.

Best matchup of the entire week though is Chi vs Det. Lock for at least 1 def/st TD, about 6 sacks, and at least 3 INTs/fumbles. Oh and about 200yds/6pts against.

Basically anyone playing Det, Cin, and Oak every week!! Maybe add NYJ to that list... made KC defense look good!

What about the Rams' D going up against the Cards at home? The Rams D seems to have been doing decently over the last 3-4 weeks, and Warner is sometimes prone to turnover fests.

What about the Rams' D going up against the Cards at home? The Rams D seems to have been doing decently over the last 3-4 weeks, and Warner is sometimes prone to turnover fests.
Warner has been solid lately. The one INT yesterday was a tipped pass that should have been caught. They scored a lot on the PANTHERS Def. I wouldn't think this would be a good matchup for the Rams.

i'm using cleveland.. i don't think the ravens will continue to score points like they have the last 2 weeks.i can't talk myself into houston on the road.if jax were available i would roll with them. anyone against cinci is a startable defense
BUT FLACCO IS THE ULTIMATE WEEEEEEEPON! By Air, By Ground, By Sea....he's the dang NAVY SEALS OF QBs!

I'm rolling the dice on the Browns. I think the Rams have a better shot at sacks, fumbles, and picks going against Warner but not sure if they can keep the Cards from scoring 30+.

Since when is Jax a waiver wire defense? Not in my leagues. Basically anyone playing Det, Cin, and Oak every week!! Maybe add NYJ to that list... made KC defense look good!
JAX def is not a good FANTASY defense.Trust me, I know (Jax homer and I thought they would do well, but the stats say otherwise)Total Def: 338 yd/game (30th)Sacks: 9 (30th)Int: 6 (12th)Fum Rec: 3 (tied for 24th)TD: 2Doesn't make much sense, I thought they'd be better, especially since they drafted a pass rushing DE in the 1st round and tried to emphasize it in the offseason.Either they don't rush the passer that much.....or they try but, aren't very good at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread