What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly payouts? (1 Viewer)

Jedeye

Footballguy
I'm trying to come up with ideas to keep owners active throughout the entire season. Money is the great motivator, so I'd like to have some sort of weekly payouts, but was wondering what is the most fair criteria. Teams that are losing a lot are not likely to be high scoring, so is there any other criteria (other than highest score) that might work well?

Thanks.

We pay all kinds of ways:

• Weekly High Score
  • Highest and Top 5 Player Score in league history (any week)
  • Highest and Top 5 Team Score in league history (any week)
That's the possible weekly scores. We also have normal payouts (division winners, most points, champion, runner-up, nancy bowl winner) and then payouts for the top position at the end of the year.

I hate weekly payouts. My biggest money league does it and I find it pointless. Maybe it's because I'm usually a top 3 finisher and I'd rather see that extra money going toward the winner. I just don't see how a $20 payout for "high week" is justifiable. Most owners win one or 2 at most per season, whereas if you added that money to the final prize pool, we're talking $300.

You make a good argument against weekly payouts. Do you have any suggestions on ways to keep poorly performing teams interested late into the season? I know its easy to say "find good owners", but any other suggestions?

Thanks.

12 team league. Everyone throws in $5 a week for the pool so $60 a week. Payouts are basied on points scored. 1st = $30, 2nd =$20 and 3rd = $10.

I like it cuz it keeps u engaged even if ur out of the playoff hunt (though I wouldn't know that feeling. Lol).

We pay for a prize for the team that has the highest single week score for the season and another prize for the team that has the player who scored the most points in one single week, (in starting line up of course).

We used to use Sportsline as our league commish and they had a category called "pick em'. We used to pay a prize to whoever had the most pick ems correct at the end of the season and each owner had to pick themselves to win, forcing teams to keep their teams updated.

We do a weekly $20 payout to the top scorer. We bump that up to $30 during the final two weeks of the regular season both to keep eliminated owners interested and to help ensure that they set their best lineups (since potentially playoff-bound owners' fates often depend on how the eliminated teams fare).

To make things extra-dorky, I print out a little certificate every week for the high scorer, fold the twenty dollar bill into a paper football, and put the paper football into a slit in the certificate. There's an image of a tee there, so it looks as though the cash football is sitting on the tee.

Hey, the fantasy season goes really fast. Gotta have all the fun we can while we can.

We do a $50 to the team with the highest efficiency over the course of the season. So even if your team sucks, if you get maximum points you have a chance to win.

We also do weekly payouts and money to regular season winner and champion.

You make a good argument against weekly payouts. Do you have any suggestions on ways to keep poorly performing teams interested late into the season? I know its easy to say "find good owners", but any other suggestions?

Thanks.
We do a toilet bowl. 4 last place teams enter their own playoff. Winner of that playoff is allowed to choose their draft position for the next year.

We have a pot set aside for weekly prizes, it's just an extra $5 per owner and one is awarded each week. We do things like most bench points, largest margin of victory, smallest margin of victory, losing by the biggest margin, top QB/RB/WR/TE combo, most defense points, etc. It gives the league something to talk about and it's fun because last year it worked out where everyone won a prize except for one person.

Users who are viewing this thread