What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Westbrook.. "knee strain" (1 Viewer)

Buck Bradcanon

Footballguy
Brian Westbrook - RB - Eagles Brian Westbrook suffered a "knee strain" against the Redskins in Week 2. Head Coach Andy Reid said his running back "twisted his knee a little bit", but felt that Westbrook would be ready to go in Week 3. Sep. 18 - 1:16 p.m. ET
he was very clearly the only thing going right for the Eagles last night

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Under in the game itself and I won. It was 20-12.

What Under are you referring to? It says in YOUR post that Westbrook is going to play next week, just wonder what the Under meant.

You could tell he wasn't totally right near the end of that game. And so begins the weekly "No practice all week, plays on Sunday" routine that gets his owners hot under the collar. It's just part of the Brian Westbrook Experience.

You could tell he wasn't totally right near the end of that game. And so begins the weekly "No practice all week, plays on Sunday" routine that gets his owners hot under the collar. It's just part of the Brian Westbrook Experience.
I would rather him not practice all week and then just play on Sundays. What is wrong with that? I think all teams should do that with their RBs if they have a stud.This isn't training camp anymore. When you play a game on Sunday your body ACHES until Wednesday. Why push him (or any RB) hard during the week when they have to just go back out there and do it again next Sunday?Rest is good for players of Westbrook's caliber. Nothing he does at practice this week or any week is going to make him better for the game. He's not a rookie and he's not a guy battleing for a spot.

I would rather him not practice all week and then just play on Sundays. What is wrong with that? I think all teams should do that with their RBs if they have a stud.This isn't training camp anymore. When you play a game on Sunday your body ACHES until Wednesday. Why push him (or any RB) hard during the week when they have to just go back out there and do it again next Sunday?Rest is good for players of Westbrook's caliber. Nothing he does at practice this week or any week is going to make him better for the game. He's not a rookie and he's not a guy battleing for a spot.
I'm a 4-year dynasty Westbrook owner, so I've been on this roller coaster ride for a while. I agree with you 100%, I'd rather him not practice and be fresher for games. My point was that people who haven't had him before tend to get nervous when this kind of stuff comes out. But it's all part of the experience of owning him, and it helps to push his draft value down year after year, which is a bonus.

Brian Westbrook - RB - Eagles Brian Westbrook suffered a "knee strain" against the Redskins in Week 2. Head Coach Andy Reid said his running back "twisted his knee a little bit", but felt that Westbrook would be ready to go in Week 3. Sep. 18 - 1:16 p.m. ET
I never wish an injury on a player but seeing how he is a bit dinged up, couldn't he have done that before he broke the 90yards rushing mark and 60 yards receiving? Was up by 14 going into the game and lost by 1 :lmao: :popcorn: BTW, I also want to thank LT for giving me that whopping 5 on Sunday night..../Rant

I never wish an injury on a player but seeing how he is a bit dinged up, couldn't he have done that before he broke the 90yards rushing mark and 60 yards receiving? Was up by 14 going into the game and lost by 1 :yes: :moneybag: BTW, I also want to thank LT for giving me that whopping 5 on Sunday night..../Rant
Thoughts and prayers

I never wish an injury on a player but seeing how he is a bit dinged up, couldn't he have done that before he broke the 90yards rushing mark and 60 yards receiving? Was up by 14 going into the game and lost by 1 :yes: :shrug: BTW, I also want to thank LT for giving me that whopping 5 on Sunday night..../Rant
I'm impressed......I didn't think you drafted anyone but Rams on your teams.

I never wish an injury on a player but seeing how he is a bit dinged up, couldn't he have done that before he broke the 90yards rushing mark and 60 yards receiving? Was up by 14 going into the game and lost by 1 :yes: :lmao: BTW, I also want to thank LT for giving me that whopping 5 on Sunday night..../Rant
Uhh...he DID do that before he put up all those points. Eagles called a TO on a 3rd and 4. When they came back, Buckhalter was in and they showed Westy on the sideline getting worked on. He went back in the very next play, and proceeded to put up more points, mainly off dump off passes.

Yeah. He's an NFL running back. It happens. You see NFL players get hurt and go to the sidelines OFTEN and return to the action. The difference is can you play through it. He can.

Give the guy a break - at least he showed up - I'm still looking for the OL, McNabb, Curtis, and Reggie Brown to make an appearance . . .

Give the guy a break - at least he showed up - I'm still looking for the OL, McNabb, Curtis, and Reggie Brown to make an appearance . . .
Curtis has been playing fine...dont know why you threw his name out there
are you kidding?? What did he sign for?? 30 million or so??he had 28 yards on 4 catches last night - you could get a fullback to do that . . .In week 1 he had two catches . . .30 million buys so much these days . . .

are you kidding?? What did he sign for?? 30 million or so??he had 28 yards on 4 catches last night - you could get a fullback to do that . . .In week 1 he had two catches . . .30 million buys so much these days . . .
And Mcnabb misses him about 4 times a game. All his sideline throws are way overthrown or out of play. Curtis was a decent pass away from a TD in that game. McNabb just missed him. Once McNabb gets rolling, so will curtis. He cant produce when the QB doesnt.

And Mcnabb misses him about 4 times a game. All his sideline throws are way overthrown or out of play. Curtis was a decent pass away from a TD in that game. McNabb just missed him. Once McNabb gets rolling, so will curtis. He cant produce when the QB doesnt.
I included McNabb in the "not showing up catgegory" . . . Curtis also has to get open - according to Jaws (he had a better view than us in TVLand) , Curtis wasn't doing that. Now you have been at the game, so if you think differently then please enlighten me. Curtis also failed on the last play. Was it a great defensive play? Yes. But you have to produce in that situation . . .

I included McNabb in the "not showing up catgegory" . . . Curtis also has to get open - according to Jaws (he had a better view than us in TVLand) , Curtis wasn't doing that. Now you have been at the game, so if you think differently then please enlighten me. Curtis also failed on the last play. Was it a great defensive play? Yes. But you have to produce in that situation . . .
that is true...but right after that Jaws even said that Eagles are doing a terrible job moving players around before the snap creating mismatches. I like Curtis and think he has great potential this season. I am just not down him yet. When you consider his salary into the mix, he probably does look like more of a bust, but I could care less about that. Eagles summary = McNabb looks so bad that he makes the rest of the O look terrible. I dont even think the O-line was that bad. McNabb just needs to step up in the pocket better.

that is true...but right after that Jaws even said that Eagles are doing a terrible job moving players around before the snap creating mismatches. I like Curtis and think he has great potential this season. I am just not down him yet. When you consider his salary into the mix, he probably does look like more of a bust, but I could care less about that. Eagles summary = McNabb looks so bad that he makes the rest of the O look terrible. I dont even think the O-line was that bad. McNabb just needs to step up in the pocket better.
good points . . .

good points . . .
All good pts, and all pts to the fact that MCnabb better do something or the fans will be calling out Kolb awfully fast

From Rotoworld:

Brian Westbrook will have his injured knee re-examined by the Eagles medical staff and will undergo an MRI later Wednesday.The Eagles termed the injury a "strain" initially, but Westbrook's history of knee issues makes it a concern. Westbrook won't practice Wednesday.
:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
While McNabb played poorly, the WRs were not open most of the game, especially downfield. As a matter of fact, the best WR they have right now is not Brown, it's not Curtis, it's Avant. He seems to be the only one who gets open on a regular basis. Brown and Curtis better step up their game or they could see a demotion.

From Rotoworld:

Brian Westbrook will have his injured knee re-examined by the Eagles medical staff and will undergo an MRI later Wednesday.The Eagles termed the injury a "strain" initially, but Westbrook's history of knee issues makes it a concern. Westbrook won't practice Wednesday.
:thumbup:
Even if it is Rotoworld, that gets my interest enough to give it a :sehorn:

While McNabb played poorly, the WRs were not open most of the game, especially downfield. As a matter of fact, the best WR they have right now is not Brown, it's not Curtis, it's Avant. He seems to be the only one who gets open on a regular basis. Brown and Curtis better step up their game or they could see a demotion.
Maybe it's just me, but watching the game, it looked like the receivers were open enough. They weren't running wild, but they weren't as bad as people keep saying. McNabb just didn't make the right read or flat out missed his targets. The go ahead td curtis could have had in the corner was just a horrible throw.

I'm counting on Buckhalter being the guy if Westbrook misses time. He was and still is a decent back IMO.

Blogger:

September 19, 2007, 13:03Eagles :: RBRB Westbrook To Have Knee ExaminedBob Kent, PhiladelphiaEagles.com - [Full Article]Eagles RB Brian Westbrook missed practice today and will have additional tests done on his knee that was initially diagnosed as a strain.

IMHO, most likely scenario is he plays two games with little or no practice then takes more time to rest thru his Week 5 bye.

Adam Schefter said on the NFL Network's Point After Wednesday that he's been told Brian Westbrook's knee strain is "nothing serious."

Schefter said to not read too much into Westbrook's mid-week MRI. Still, Westbrook's injury history makes it a concern that he is sitting out practices. Keep an eye on how he's classified on the injury report Friday.

Brian Westbrook - RB - Eagles

Adam Schefter said on the NFL Network's Point After Wednesday that he's been told Brian Westbrook's knee strain is "nothing serious."

Schefter said to not read too much into Westbrook's mid-week MRI. Still, Westbrook's injury history makes it a concern that he is sitting out practices. Keep an eye on how he's classified on the injury report Friday. Sep. 19 - 4:06 p.m. ET

Good news for Westy owners with a caveat - is this speculation that is the result of KNOWING the results of this MRI, or just speculating that having the MRI is not a sign of anything serious in all likelihood?

The guy is an absolute stud when healthy, but I think his knees are about done. Getting an MRI is never a good thing for this guy. IIRC the term 'microfracture surgery' was mentioned and comtemplated last year. I owned him last year and the production was awesome, but the weekly GTDs were not. I think he has too many things working against him to make it through the year as a stud. Now they've added even more with McNabb looking bad early on.

The guy is an absolute stud when healthy, but I think his knees are about done. Getting an MRI is never a good thing for this guy. IIRC the term 'microfracture surgery' was mentioned and comtemplated last year. I owned him last year and the production was awesome, but the weekly GTDs were not. I think he has too many things working against him to make it through the year as a stud. Now they've added even more with McNabb looking bad early on.
This guy scares the hell out of me.

Be prepared fellas. Knee problems Week 2.5 is not a good thing for a 70/30 run first team.
Um.... the Eagles are a 70/30 run first team???? Maybe at the end of last year, but never before that and I haven't really seen it this year.

This guy scares the hell out of me.
Like driving around on bald tires. Just a matter of time . . .

Users who are viewing this thread