What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What’s normal - do you consider yourself normal? (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
Not to steal the thunder of whoever is posting the “what’s normal” threads, but this topic recently came up among some friends.

The conclusion we came to was most people see themselves as pretty normal, but don’t see others as such.

Then we decided if most people were normal, they wouldn’t be much fun.

I am not normal. I may act normal most of time but I will channel my inner Professor Chaos. I put stamps on next to the place stamp here square. I do not stand on the two feet shaped stickers that say please wait here. A true rebel.

I think I'm as middle of the road, vanilla, unexciting and normal as you can get. I get along with everyone IRL, have no enemies, have a wide variety of interests, friends, likes/dislikes. Not very opinionated IRL, don't have any weird habits, never been arrested, never done any drugs of any kind.

Honestly, I'm probably kind of boring to most people who are edgy, risk takers, etc. But I'm very comfortable in my own skin and love my life the vast majority of the time when I'm not stressed about something.

Reactions: Zow
interesting question. many answers. ultimately, if you are over 40, married and without kids you are made to feel “not normal” or “outside the norm”. it’s a societal thing in my opinion.

I'm a data guy so I think it would be fun to take all of the What's normal polls and quantify everyone's "normalness" based on their voting against the majority votes in the polls themselves. So like "Scoresman, you are only 37% normal based on how you voted on all the polls."

I'm a data guy so I think it would be fun to take all of the What's normal polls and quantify everyone's "normalness" based on their voting against the majority votes in the polls themselves. So like "Scoresman, you are only 37% normal based on how you voted on all the polls."
Do it! My first (expensive) cut at the WN? site had all kinds of "normality" statistics based on voter demographics. Unfortunately, users didn't like having to register for the site and provide said demographics. I still applaud my original attempt.

Do it! My first (expensive) cut at the WN? site had all kinds of "normality" statistics based on voter demographics. Unfortunately, users didn't like having to register for the site and provide said demographics. I still applaud my original attempt.
I thought the polls were private? If they're public, I just might if I get bored.

interesting question. many answers. ultimately, if you are over 40, married and without kids you are made to feel “not normal” or “outside the norm”. it’s a societal thing in my opinion.
Our choice to only have one kid raised plenty of eyebrows as well. So lame

Very few people are going to roll 10-out-of-18 on every stat at birth. There's a very high likelihood that you are two standard deviations above or below the mean on a handful of dimensions. And that means, of course, that being an outlier in a few areas makes you perfectly normal, at least if you look at it a certain way.

it is extremely difficult to find couples without kids at our age, but since we are getting older, the kids are actually grown, out of college and out of the house. of course except for my in-laws, who decided to have chillens at 50+. imagine being 62 and having a 6 or 10 year old.

it is extremely difficult to find couples without kids at our age, but since we are getting older, the kids are actually grown, out of college and out of the house. of course except for my in-laws, who decided to have chillens at 50+. imagine being 62 and having a 6 or 10 year old.
No thank you. Also unpossible now ✂️

Not unpossible.........very very very unlikely but not unpossible ...... i know a guy

Not unpossible.........very very very unlikely but not unpossible ...... i know a guy
I’m good

I’m good
No I mean I know a snippee that had a baby

I’m good
My sister in law is one of those post snip babies. FIL had some scar tissue, or so we’re told.

I’m good
I know a guy too....

:unsure:

I am about as far from normal as it gets in most things. I am outside the box all the time. At least it seems like I am. I don't actually care enough to check.

One of the very few things my mother taught me was the dangers of conformity. Overall, I think she was right.

It helps not really caring what others think.

Normal on the outside. Sort of a twisted mind on the inside that makes me feel not so normal at times. But I’m finding a lot of people feel the same way. The mind is complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread