What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you guys doing with Leshoure? (1 Viewer)

To me, it seems to be heading to a full blown RBBC with Bell.
Did'nt he essentially get most of the work until the game was out of hand in the 4th Q? I though Bell only provided a breather but then took over when it was garbage time? Someone else can weigh in but that was my impression.

Did'nt he essentially get most of the work until the game was out of hand in the 4th Q? I though Bell only provided a breather but then took over when it was garbage time? Someone else can weigh in but that was my impression.
13-52-3td in the first half, 3 carries all in the 3rd Q after i think

You are correct. Bell ran out the clock. Based on how both guys have been used this season, it's about 70/30 LeShoure with Bell having the edge as a receiver.

10-12 carries a week...the occasional lucky TD. I see a lot of people chasing last week's numbers and being dissapointed the next 5 weeks.

He does have 5 games with 3 or more catches including a game with 6 against the Bears. Seems like Leshoure's capable of some pretty big games, but the Lions seem confident in Bell, so they're trying to keep Leshoure fresh for late in the season.

10-12 carries a week...the occasional lucky TD. I see a lot of people chasing last week's numbers and being dissapointed the next 5 weeks.
His averages are 15 carries and 3.4 receptions per game. That's 18 touches, not 10-12. In this RB landscape, makes him a viable RB2. I'm plenty skeptical of starting him at that spot so trying to acquire Michael Turner but Leshoure has a big future.

Offered:

LeShoure

Andre Johnson

Brandon Pettigrew

for

Gronk

Mendenhall

............and got shot down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now trying to offer LeShoure for Witten to upgrade TE. I see LeShoure as a solid RB2, but Detroit doesn't have any games coming up against "Jacksonville" type teams to run the ball a lot.

He reminds me of Marion Barber. A hard runner, not overly fast, but maybe not as good around the end zone (sans last week).

I don't own him, so I looked it up. Since week 3, when he got healthy, he is the #14 RB in one of my leagues (one bye week). Receptions in those games: 4-4-3-6-3. Not too shabby.

I'm benching him in favor of Rashad Jennings this week..... that's what I'm doing with him.

I currently have him plugged in over Bradshaw (Lynch is my other). I don't feel like I'm chasing points...LeShoure has a nice matchup against a recently vulnerable MIN run D. Moreover, I expect this to be a typically hard fought MIN/DET game where Leshoure will be given every oppty to pound the rock throughout the game. I don't see either team running away with the score, so I believe LeShoure will be getting touches throughout.

I'm benching him in favor of Rashad Jennings this week..... that's what I'm doing with him.
Yikes... me too, and not sure how I feel about it. Everyone saying this is a juicy matchup for Rashad and don't want to chase Leshoure's points.

He's my 3 behind Rice and Martin in non-ppr. Probably sit there until injury, or bad match-up for Martin. Injury to Rice would cause problems as I have Pierce for insurance on bench.

Same boat but throw Ridley in, too. Hate chasing points.
I personally don't see that as the same boat - Ridley's uber talented. I own both Ridley and Leshoure in one league where I've also got McGahee, and can only start 2. Starting Ridley and McGahee with confidence...Bell is a coaching staff favorite, and keeps producing. I don't see him disappearing.

60% of his production was in 2 games. This guy is an absolute sit unless you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. 40 yards and no scores today.

Still debating on whether or not to play Sproles over Leshoure today in ppr. Normally I'd go Sproles no question, but I'm concerned with how much playing time he'll see. I haven't been excited about playing Leshoure all year, but he's been serviceable.

60% of his production was in 2 games. This guy is an absolute sit unless you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. 40 yards and no scores today.
He's got a solid plan this week:
etroit Lions RB Mikel Leshoure said he is working on being more decisive when carrying the ball and be productive during games. Leshoure said he is also trying to make more defensive players miss tackles when he runs.

Something to keep an eye on here, as Leshoure did not carry the rock in OT last Thursday and he did not practice today:

Mikel Leshoure (undisclosed) did not practice Wednesday.

Leshoure wasn't known to be injured during the Thanksgiving Day loss to the Texans, but he did not touch the ball in overtime. Joique Bell got three carries during the extra frame. Considering the Lions have been off for six days since, it's a concern that Leshoure isn't practicing. Deep leaguers can add Bell as a flier while we await details. He'd share the load with Kevin Smith if Leshoure ended up sitting.

Related: Joique Bell

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter Nov 28 - 11:53 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6484/mikel-leshoure

LeShoure is just not a gifted runner. No better than free agents Smith and Bell.
Yep, I think he sees the field well which will keep him in at least a committee role but that's the only distinguishable quality about his game that I see. That explosion step he had at Illinois is gone, not saying it can't come back as maybe he just needs one more year off the achilles tear but it is not there right now.

So has this gone to a comittee situation. Find it curious he's being held out of practice with no apparent injury. I'm wondering who to start in my PPR league, Vereen or Bell.

Something to keep an eye on here, as Leshoure did not carry the rock in OT last Thursday and he did not practice today:

Leshoure wasn't known to be injured during the Thanksgiving Day loss to the Texans, but he did not touch the ball in overtime. Joique Bell got three carries during the extra frame. Considering the Lions have been off for six days since, it's a concern that Leshoure isn't practicing. Deep leaguers can add Bell as a flier while we await details. He'd share the load with Kevin Smith if Leshoure ended up sitting.

maybe he's having another baby...

Updating an earlier item, Mikel Leshoure missed Wednesday's practice with an illness.In other words, he should return on Thursday, and is in no danger of missing Sunday's game. Leshoure is averaging just 3.9 yards per carry, but has found the end zone five times in Detroit's past four games. As the clear cut goal-line back in a high-scoring offense, he's a strong weekly flex play.

Source: Chris McCosky on Twitter Nov 28 - 2:09 PM

Updating an earlier item, Mikel Leshoure missed Wednesday's practice with an illness.In other words, he should return on Thursday, and is in no danger of missing Sunday's game. Leshoure is averaging just 3.9 yards per carry, but has found the end zone five times in Detroit's past four games. As the clear cut goal-line back in a high-scoring offense, he's a strong weekly flex play.

Now it is not an illness:Updating an earlier item, Mikel Leshoure missed Wednesday's practice with an ankle injury, not an illness.

Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter Nov 28 - 4:03 PM

This is way more consistent with not getting a carry in OT

Last edited by a moderator:

Now it is not an illness:Updating an earlier item, Mikel Leshoure missed Wednesday's practice with an ankle injury, not an illness.

Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter Nov 28 - 4:03 PM

This is way more consistent with not getting a carry in OT
:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread