What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What channel are you watching the draft on...... (1 Viewer)

ESPN or NFLN

• ESPN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFLN

• Don't Get NFLN so I'm stuck with ESPN

• Total voters

jgb95

Footballguy
Just wanted to know where most of you will be watching the DRAFT.....

I WILL NEVER WATCH THE DRAFT ON ESPN AGAIN.

I just can't stand Boomer doing the draft it's unwatchable and Kiper is a joke.

I watched it on ESPN two years ago on mute.

NFLN wan't great last year but I'll take Rich Eisen over Boomer anyday!!!!

So I think they will have improved the product this year. You know the first time is always a work in progess.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Time Warner guy, I have no choice other than ESPN.

Yes, Boomer has grown tiresome and Kiper is always rough to take. Hopefully Todd McShay will take some of that air time.

As far as NFLN goes, Eisen just rubs me wrong, but I do like Mike Mayock a great deal.

There's no question in my mind that NFL-N >>>> ESPN.

There should probably be an option in the poll for "If I had NFL-N, I'd watch that".

what are the broadcasting lineups for each?

i know billick is going to be on with mayock on nfln

Is either network broadcasting it in HD? Last year I don't think it was.
I'm not sure how much HD would add to my draft viewing experience. I like to mix it up and switch between them both.
Agree with you on both.I thought the NFLN coverage was a little dull last year and ended up watching more of the ESPN coverage.Better talent on NFLN but it was like watching Golf and put me to sleep. I'll try NFLN again but I kind of like Kiper's idiotic arrogance.

Is either network broadcasting it in HD? Last year I don't think it was.
I'm not sure how much HD would add to my draft viewing experience. I like to mix it up and switch between them both.
Agree with you on both.I thought the NFLN coverage was a little dull last year and ended up watching more of the ESPN coverage.Better talent on NFLN but it was like watching Golf and put me to sleep. I'll try NFLN again but I kind of like Kiper's idiotic arrogance.
Yeah, both for me. Boomer gets on my nerves more than Kiper so I switch over to NFLN all day long. Really need to put a BOTH option in the poll...

Both and neither. I'll watch both if and when I'm inside and listen to ESPN radio when I'm outside.

Not really into TV. I haven't picked up the remote since the season ended.

For others out there that do not have cable or satellite, myp2p will have a NFLN Stream going.

Yes Berman can work your nerves a little but I watch ESPN on draft day because it takes me back to when I was a kid. The draft used to be in the middle of the week like a Wednesday or Thursday and that was the one day of the year my parents would let me stay home from school. I used to record them and watch them over and over until the season started....lol. I ran across the 1987 draft on VHS the other day when I was sorting through a box of old tapes. For nostalgia sake I popped it in and watched the 1st round again. God Vinny looked young and the number of busts in that draft is unreal.

NFL Network. Berman's "predicting each pick right before it happens" (because he already knows what the pick is) shtick got old a long time ago.

I actually like Kiper, but I won't watch ESPN because of Berman. I'll be on the NFLN. I'm sure I'll flip over to ESPN sometimes, but not if I can help it.

Exile said:
NFL Network. Berman's "predicting each pick right before it happens" (because he already knows what the pick is) shtick got old a long time ago.
:mellow: :unsure: :shock: This irritates me to no end. I would rather hear it from the commissioner in the moment, then from this blowhard who thinks he's being clever. I'll be watching it on NFLN even though I have ESPN in HD.

after following the draft since last years ended I will not get to see it because my cousin decided that was the perfect day to get married

I can't stand Berman anymore so I will watch the NFLN.

I love Mayock and can't stand how ESPN continues to talk about the first 10 picks over and over, well into the 5th round! I get so tired of hearing about the "glamor" picks and want to hear about sleepers who could make it big - that is what is fun about the draft!

Exile said:
:banned: :mellow: :hot: This irritates me to no end. I would rather hear it from the commissioner in the moment, then from this blowhard who thinks he's being clever. I'll be watching it on NFLN even though I have ESPN in HD.
Hmm...I thought NFL network was worse at spoiling the pick. Adam Schefter sits right on the floor so once he knows the pick they go to him and he tells everyone who it is, completely ruining the formal announcement. It is like someone telling you about each scene coming up in a movie before it happens. :hot: plus it is fun to count how many times kiper says "kinda in the _________ mold." and to see if he will ever compare a white players game to a black players game.

Recording both, but watching live on NFLN, while talking to other diehards on the phone, while chatting here. Sounds like a plan. :towelwave:

Unfortunately I will be watching the draft at my brothers and he only has espn, so I will be watching it on espn. If I were to stay home I would be watching it on NFLN.

Crap! I just remembered that I have to go in to work on Sunday. Gotta find a way to watch online that doesn't require installing s/w. Might be listen only.

Exile said:
:lmao: :goodposting: :goodposting: This irritates me to no end. I would rather hear it from the commissioner in the moment, then from this blowhard who thinks he's being clever.
:confused: I remember TONS of instances where he says "We expect [insert team name] to select John Doe or John Q. Public".... then the pick is read and it's someone completely different, prompting fat boy and the rest of the gang to say "WHOA!!!! .... that was a curve ball."

Neither, no coverage here in Australia, they generally cut and paste the 1st round but is very bad and generally 2-3 days later.

Will it be telecast anywhere on the net? radio or otherwise?

Exile said:
;) ;) :goodposting: This irritates me to no end. I would rather hear it from the commissioner in the moment, then from this blowhard who thinks he's being clever. I'll be watching it on NFLN even though I have ESPN in HD.
Hmm...I thought NFL network was worse at spoiling the pick. Adam Schefter sits right on the floor so once he knows the pick they go to him and he tells everyone who it is, completely ruining the formal announcement. It is like someone telling you about each scene coming up in a movie before it happens. :thumbdown: plus it is fun to count how many times kiper says "kinda in the _________ mold." and to see if he will ever compare a white players game to a black players game.
:goodposting: I like Schefter and NFLN, but I want to hear it from the commish.

Exile said:
;) ;) :goodposting: This irritates me to no end. I would rather hear it from the commissioner in the moment, then from this blowhard who thinks he's being clever. I'll be watching it on NFLN even though I have ESPN in HD.
Hmm...I thought NFL network was worse at spoiling the pick. Adam Schefter sits right on the floor so once he knows the pick they go to him and he tells everyone who it is, completely ruining the formal announcement. It is like someone telling you about each scene coming up in a movie before it happens. :thumbdown: plus it is fun to count how many times kiper says "kinda in the _________ mold." and to see if he will ever compare a white players game to a black players game.
:goodposting: I like Schefter and NFLN, but I want to hear it from the commish.
Same here. I already wait months for the draft... Another 5 seconds isn't going to kill me.

I'll watch both. Boomer is AWFUL. I like Kiper. I don't understand the hate he gets. He puts in the homework, he knows his stuff, and states his opinions.

Where ESPN takes a nose dive is in the 2nd round. There will be picks being made, and they're still talking about the #1 overall pick! Running their lil highlight packages of the first round. Some people actually care about the 2nd round picks. That's when I usually switch to NFLN for the rest of the day.

IM666 said:
Not really into TV. I haven't picked up the remote since the season ended. For others out there that do not have cable or satellite, myp2p will have a NFLN Stream going.
Someone ought to start a thread on this as it will be the way I watch it.

We'll also be updating our live blog from the floor at RCMH, just like we did last year

Link

In the meantime, the great Chaos Commish will be posting there, giving us his thoughts as we approach the draft.

Does anyone here have an "in" at the NFL Network?

Someone we can send a thousand e-mails to, BEGGING them to tell Adam not to ruin the suspense?

I can't believe they haven't figured this out already. :wall:

Up until this year I have always watched ESPN but I am now going to primarily watch NFL Network and just switch to ESPN on commercials only.

I don't know if Todd McShay is going to be on the draft coverage, but if he is then I am truly glad I have another channel to watch the draft on. It is nothing against McShay, I like listening to the guy, but when he and Kiper talk about players together it is a big mess. Kiper starts ranting and raving at McShay and starts picking fights with him about why McShay is stupid for ranking a player at a certain number, projecting where he will be taken, etc. Frankly, I think Kiper gets way overboard and almost makes it a personal thing with McShay. I guess his ego has taken a hit from having to share the NFL prospect guru status with McShay at ESPN so he tries to do everything he can to discredit him. Anyway, as a viewer I care more about why they are ranking a player a certain way, and why a particular team may be interested in him than watching Kiper act like a school kid and argue with someone else over why he is "right." Kiper's act has really gotten old in my eyes and I am done with it.

Well, I watch it on ESPN and record it on NFLN......The one I record is the one that I really want to see (and watch over and over), but I want to see both broadcasts......

Users who are viewing this thread