What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you expect frm Vincent Jackson in Week 16 @CIN? (1 Viewer)

banjomatic

Footballguy
Thinking about plugging him in tonight over Bradshaw or Nicks as my flex. Opponent has Rivers too.

Edited for week 16!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely starting him and I expect 4-6 catches, 70-80 yards and 1 td.

Of course I hope he exceeds my expectations. :rant:

Deciding between him and Sidney Rice. His lack of targets last week bothers me, whereas I think the Vikes QB (whoever it might be) will try forcing it to Rice simply because he's got the best chance of catching it.

I'd love if this was the week that Rivers went back to using Jackson as his number one. THink it might be a high scoring game.

Thinking about plugging him in tonight over Bradshaw or Nicks as my flex. Opponent has Rivers too.
IF it helps, thinking of plugging him in over Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Bowe. His downside is better than theirs and opponent has P.Rivers.

I know this is against all common sense and is more of a silly superstition, but I already have Rivers going tonight, and I hate rolling the dice on a high-risk Thursday night guy like Jackson and risk going into Sunday in a big hole if he gets 25 yards and no touchdowns.

Now obviously 2.5 hurts you on a Sunday as bad as on a Thursday, but it seems to suck the enthusiasm out of the weekend earlier.

IF it helps, thinking of plugging him in over Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Bowe. His downside is better than theirs and opponent has P.Rivers.
Other than his RB's, who else does Rivers have to throw the ball to tonight? However, we could may see 35+ carries tonight as opposed to Rivers chucking it up against a weak SF D.

I'm starting him, but my WRs suck this year & the WW is garbage.

I expect 65 yards & 1 TD

I know this is against all common sense and is more of a silly superstition, but I already have Rivers going tonight, and I hate rolling the dice on a high-risk Thursday night guy like Jackson and risk going into Sunday in a big hole if he gets 25 yards and no touchdowns. Now obviously 2.5 hurts you on a Sunday as bad as on a Thursday, but it seems to suck the enthusiasm out of the weekend earlier.
i would bet the HOUSE on the over 25 yards for vjax. gates doubtful, floyd may have reaggravated hammy injury. who else is gonna catch all of rivers pass attempts? nanee? tutu? mcmichael? rbs?i bet rivers force feeds the ball to vjax in a must win at home in front of a nat'l audience.

I know this is against all common sense and is more of a silly superstition, but I already have Rivers going tonight, and I hate rolling the dice on a high-risk Thursday night guy like Jackson and risk going into Sunday in a big hole if he gets 25 yards and no touchdowns. Now obviously 2.5 hurts you on a Sunday as bad as on a Thursday, but it seems to suck the enthusiasm out of the weekend earlier.
i would bet the HOUSE on the over 25 yards for vjax. gates doubtful, floyd may have reaggravated hammy injury. who else is gonna catch all of rivers pass attempts? nanee? tutu? mcmichael? rbs?i bet rivers force feeds the ball to vjax in a must win at home in front of a nat'l audience.

Deciding between him and Sidney Rice. His lack of targets last week bothers me, whereas I think the Vikes QB (whoever it might be) will try forcing it to Rice simply because he's got the best chance of catching it.I'd love if this was the week that Rivers went back to using Jackson as his number one. THink it might be a high scoring game.
If you look at how the game went last week, V Jax effected the outcome. Rivers went to him early and he came up big. But it sounds like KC was playing to stop the pass and that's why SD just shoved it down their throats for over 200 yards rushing. Rivers said he saw 3 man fronts all day and they just handed it off. KC was scared of V Jax and gave him special attention. It ended up with them losing 31-0. Will San Fran choose the same style D? I kind of doubt it.I'm not looking at that game to project this one. Floyd only had 6 targets himself. V Jax could be solid.100 and 1 is my guess. That 1 could be a long 1. :thumbup:

I was planning on rolling with Rice this weekend, but given the mess in Minny (weather, QB, o-line) and the fact that my best backup option needs to be played tonight I can't wait to see who will QB.

Thinking of starting him over TO-- esp with not knowing how T.O. comments about the team could affect his playing time,etc. Hate to bench TO against a team that he put 200+ yds on earlier in the season though.

Last time I started VJAX, he got me a big fat 0 when he went down after 2 plays or whatever in his 1st game back. So it makes me nervous.

My opponent is playing Rivers. I may select Vjax over T.O. and Britt just in case all of Rivers TD's go to Jackson. I am seriously considering it.

Starting him over Stevie Johnson, MFloyd, and Mike Wallace (on Revis Island). Last time I started VJax was the 2 play and out game but with Floyd hobbled and Gates out I like his chances. SF has a pretty good run D so I expect SD to throw more than last week. If they get in the Red Zone I think Rivers will be looking VJax's way.

With gates out and floyd not 100%, v jackson should have a solid game. 10 pts or more isnt out of the question. Lets all hope that the bolts dont blow SF out and stick with the run late in the game.

With gates out and floyd not 100%, v jackson should have a solid game. 10 pts or more isnt out of the question. Lets all hope that the bolts dont blow SF out and stick with the run late in the game.
If not for the goose egg he put up a couple of weeks ago I think most people would be starting him. Last week they were doubling him all game and he still was able to move the chains 3 times on third down. As someone pointed out already, he may have only had 3 targets, but Floyd led the team with only 6.

Starting him over Stevie Johnson, MFloyd, and Mike Wallace (on Revis Island). Last time I started VJax was the 2 play and out game but with Floyd hobbled and Gates out I like his chances. SF has a pretty good run D so I expect SD to throw more than last week. If they get in the Red Zone I think Rivers will be looking VJax's way.
I agree. SF has a solid front line and LB core, so i expect (hope?) Rivers is forced to throw. Cnsidering VJax appears to be his only viable option, the skys the limit. However, there is always the chance that SD gets up big early and grinds it out the rest of the game. Then again, the fact that my opponent has Rivers adds another wrinkle to the decision.

I'm going nuts trying to pick between VJax and Floyd. I am leaning towards Floyd, but I just know it will be the wrong decision.

I'm going nuts trying to pick between VJax and Floyd. I am leaning towards Floyd, but I just know it will be the wrong decision.
i like VJax over Mac. Weird how he only had one catch last week + I think Giants are going to get to Vick a bunch with the pass rush.Risky starting Floyd or VJax (though I'm still going with him over Tampa Mike.) How injured is Floyd?

is gates out?
I don't think it's official. Here's Roto's take:Antonio Gates (feet) is officially listed as doubtful for Thursday night's game against San Francisco."Might as well be out," confirms beat writer Kevin Acee. "I always hold out hope with Antonio, but at some point you have to be realistic," said coach Norv Turner after Gates failed to practice on Wednesday. Randy McMichael will start against the 49ers, and qualifies as a low-end TE2 in fantasy leagues. Expect a bump in targets for Vincent Jackson on Thursday Night Football. Gates appears to be targeting Week 16 at Cincinnati to return.

is gates out?
I don't think it's official. Here's Roto's take:Antonio Gates (feet) is officially listed as doubtful for Thursday night's game against San Francisco."Might as well be out," confirms beat writer Kevin Acee. "I always hold out hope with Antonio, but at some point you have to be realistic," said coach Norv Turner after Gates failed to practice on Wednesday. Randy McMichael will start against the 49ers, and qualifies as a low-end TE2 in fantasy leagues. Expect a bump in targets for Vincent Jackson on Thursday Night Football. Gates appears to be targeting Week 16 at Cincinnati to return.
Not officially yet but he's doubtful and we should know in the next few hours.

How many targets we thinking? If he gets force fed the ball all night I'd be tempted to start him. Bloom has him startable while Dodd's is more skeptical.

Considering Vjax over Santonio Holmes, but the 0 a couple of weeks ago scares me here...already got burned once.

I'm struggling at the #3 WR spot. Does anyone think Seyi has a chance to catch some balls tonight? Right now I have Gibson-Stl in my lineup in a ppr league but am thinking about picking up Seyi with a chance of V-Jax getting double teamed again.

I'm struggling at the #3 WR spot. Does anyone think Seyi has a chance to catch some balls tonight? Right now I have Gibson-Stl in my lineup in a ppr league but am thinking about picking up Seyi with a chance of V-Jax getting double teamed again.
If Floyd plays (Im assuming he will be) I do ot think Seyi is a viable option. I assume he will be 4th on the depth chart with Floyd in there.

kutta said:
thehornet said:
kylechoffman said:
is gates out?
I read this as Gates being out. Hoping VJax and Rvers finally click like the old days.

kutta said:
thehornet said:
kylechoffman said:
is gates out?
I read this as Gates being out. Hoping VJax and Rvers finally click like the old days.
Fingers Crossed.

coachbobbyfinstock said:
RICK ROMO said:
If Floyd plays (Im assuming he will be) I do ot think Seyi is a viable option. I assume he will be 4th on the depth chart with Floyd in there.
Let's say Floyd doesn't play. I heard on Sirius he's 50-50 to play. Who gets the catches if V-jax is doubled? Nanee, McMichael, or Seyi?

I'm expecting VJax to drop the first pass thrown to him, then reach for the back of his leg with a make believe hammy.

He will rest comfortably on the sidelines awaiting a ticket out of SD next season.

Why should he risk getting a "real" injury, playing for a team that won't pay him, and losing a big contract next season?

I'm expecting VJax to drop the first pass thrown to him, then reach for the back of his leg with a make believe hammy.He will rest comfortably on the sidelines awaiting a ticket out of SD next season.Why should he risk getting a "real" injury, playing for a team that won't pay him, and losing a big contract next season?
This belongs in the conspiracy thread from 2 weeks ago.

I'm expecting VJax to drop the first pass thrown to him, then reach for the back of his leg with a make believe hammy.He will rest comfortably on the sidelines awaiting a ticket out of SD next season.Why should he risk getting a "real" injury, playing for a team that won't pay him, and losing a big contract next season?
This belongs in the conspiracy thread from 2 weeks ago.
If you were exposed to Massachusetts politics for 40 years you'd be cynical too. :hophead:

V Jax put up a goose egg because he got hurt. If hes healthy he seems like a solid option to me. Playing him with AJ over Wallace and Harvin.

degenerate said:
does the majority here like vjax over maclin?
this is my decision which has been driving me crazy since Sunday
I would start VJax over Maclin unquestionably. It's clear that Vick prefers throwing to DeSean.
Huh? DeSean is hurting and hasnt Maclin been the more consistent of the two?
Maclin has been :milkcarton: the last two weeks no?
Neither are on my team, so I apologize if Im misinformed.

Users who are viewing this thread