What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What has been the price to move into the top 5 (1 Viewer)

Looks like in 2000 the 'Skins traded 16 and 24 for #3.
While Snyder has no problem paying top dollar for what he wants, I'd guess 2 1st rounders is about right. If it's for a QB in the top few picks, the price probably goes up another 2nd-round pick or so.

Looks like in 2000 the 'Skins traded 16 and 24 for #3.
Not to nitpick, but the 'Skins actually gave up the 12th & 24th picks for the #3 (49ers pick). The 49ers then took #12 and traded it to the Jets for #16 & 48. 2000 was a weird year though. The Jets ended up with 4 first round picks due to the Keyshawn trade and the Belichick compensation pick. Dallas give up their #1 (which Seattle turned in to Shaun Alexander) and their 2001 #1 for Joey Galloway, and 2 of the top 5 picks changed hands because of trades made on draft day in 1999...Ditka giving away what turned out to be the #2 (Lavar Arrington) in the Ricky package, and Dan Reeves incredibly boneheaded gift to the Ravens of what turned out to be the #5 pick (Jamal Lewis) so he could move up and take the immortal Reggie Kelly.... :eek:

Jets traded 13 and 22 to get Dewayne Roberston at #4 in 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
of current relevence (not top 5 but...)to seahawks1st (17th overall), 7th, and QB matt hasselbeckto packers1st (10th overall), 3rdjamal reynolds was selected with that 1.10 selection :bag:

Last edited:
From where to where?  Huge difference from spot to spot.
NFL...from mid 1st (15-23rd pick) to top 5
Unless you use multple 1st round picks (this year or future) or trade most of your draft a team in the top five will not move past the 10th or so pick in the draft in a trade down. There was a trade value chart in a thread not too long ago that puts some math to this idea. The chart oversimplifies things a bit but gives you a fair enough look to answer this type of question.

some years there's a gem, some years people feel like spots 1-3 or 1-4 are quite similar in value.

I know it's not quite top 5, but a few years back, the Saints Gave up the #17 and #18 to the Cards for the #6. I think there was also some swapping of later rd picks included in the deal.

I'd be plenty happy to see the Packer give up the #5 for such compensation and to take the best D-lineman or L.B available and the best O lineman abvailable.

to seahawks

1st (17th overall), 7th, and QB matt hasselbeck

to packers

1st (10th overall), 3rd

jamal reynolds was selected with that 1.10 selection :bag:
and Torrance Marshall with Seattle's 3rd round pick:doublebag:

to seahawks

1st (17th overall), 7th, and QB matt hasselbeck

to packers

1st (10th overall), 3rd

jamal reynolds was selected with that 1.10 selection :bag:
and Torrance Marshall with Seattle's 3rd round pick:doublebag: