What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What have you traded away to get (or rejected to keep) the 1.01/1.02 (1 Viewer)

2nd yr of Dynasty startup (12 team ppr, hyperactive league); building.

I have the 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.8, 1.11 & 2.1

Was offered Evans, T. Smith for 1.2, 1.4 & J Mathews (declined)

Was offered Evans, T. Smith for 1.2, J Mathews & 2016 1st (declined)

I love Evans and want to make it work, but not there yet.

I am not sure I want to do 1.2 (Cooper) & Mathews for Evans, am I wrong?

I am not sure I want to do 1.2 (Cooper) & Mathews for Evans, am I wrong?
I like Cooper as much as Evans so that trade feels to me like giving away Matthews and a 1st.

I have gotten tons of offers for 1.02 (ppr) and rejected them all so far, though some I was close on.

Give: 1.02, 1.05

Get: 1.01, 2016 1st (borderline playoff team)

Give: 1.02

Get: 2.05, 2016 2nd, 2016 1st (likely low-end playoff team)

Give: 1.02, AJ Green

Get: 1.01, Jeffery

Get: 1.01, Witten, Stills

Give: 1.02, 1.05, 2016 2nd

Get: Watkins, Stills

Give: 1.02, 2.02

Get: 1.01

(This was a counter to my offer of 1.02+2.09 for 1.01)

Get: Adams (pre Cobb re-signing)

Give: 1.02, 1.05, 2016 1st

Get: Demaryius

I have gotten tons of offers for 1.02 (ppr) and rejected them all so far, though some I was close on.

Get: 1.01, 2016 1st (borderline playoff team)

Get: 2.05, 2016 2nd, 2016 1st (likely low-end playoff team)

Give: 1.02, AJ Green

Get: 1.01, Jeffery

Get: 1.01, Witten, Stills

Give: 1.02, 1.05, 2016 2nd

Get: Watkins, Stills

Give: 1.02, 2.02

Get: 1.01

(This was a counter to my offer of 1.02+2.09 for 1.01)

Get: Adams (pre Cobb re-signing)

Give: 1.02, 1.05, 2016 1st

Get: Demaryius
I essentially did this as, a couple weeks ago, I traded 1.02 and 2.01 for 1.01. Serious lust for Gurley. Not repentant.

I own 1.01; been looking to move back but this is what I'm getting for offers:

Maclin + 2016 4th

Nelson straight up

KAllen, 2.12

Not looking like I'm moving it.

The 1.01 for Randall Cobb.

I acquired the 1.01, Jarvis Landry and The Honey Badger, full IDP for Antonio Brown.

So in essence for Antonio Brown, I got Cobb, Landry, and The Honey Badger. I feel pretty good about it.

I own 1.01; been looking to move back but this is what I'm getting for offers:

Maclin + 2016 4th

Nelson straight up

KAllen, 2.12

Not looking like I'm moving it.
Vomit inducing offers.
Yeah they aren't what I am looking to receive, lol. After the Maclin offer I said something like, 'whatever you're smoking send me some, please.' I got a response of 'sorry to offend you with a top 10 WR'.... :wall:

Uncle Grandpa said:
ptsteelers said:
Tried to give:

1.4, 1.6 and 1.9 for the 1.1

Rejecto'rama. No dice.
Wow. Be glad he did. Gurley isn't worth that.
I know, right? Ha.

I have 1.2, 1.3 as well but I just worked my butt off for two years getting myself set with the best chance at landing picks 1.1 and 1.2 so I could grab both Gurley and Cooper and when I failed, I was still willing to overpay just to make sure I got those two guys.

Happy about it now, but yeah, at the time I was like a junkie looking for his 1.1 fix.

:D

I gave up 1.11, 2.11, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11, and 6.11 for the 1.1. I think Gurley will be worth it. He's the next great stud. Haven't given up this much since I traded a ton to get the 1.1 for Peterson.

4/6/9 this year should get you all but maybe 10 players.
Yeah, sounds about right to me also. Still gonna move some more, drop back a little while staying in the 14 to 15 range, while picking up up some more picks for next year, hopefully. Paying close attention to that 2016 Dynasty thread already.

:D

I gave up 1.11, 2.11, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11, and 6.11 for the 1.1. I think Gurley will be worth it. He's the next great stud. Haven't given up this much since I traded a ton to get the 1.1 for Peterson.
:no:

You gave pick 11 and junk. Horrific deal for the other guy. And horrific that you consider it "this much".

Last edited by a moderator:
You fleeced him, horrible offer for the guy to accept.

That's really not much.

It takes a real schmuck that thinks the nfl is the same thing as fantasy to fall for the old "I'll give you my whole draft" routine.

That's really not much.

It takes a real schmuck that thinks the nfl is the same thing as fantasy to fall for the old "I'll give you my whole draft" routine.
Agreed, the players you get at picks 11 and 23 in rookie drafts are typically lottery tickets. Your trade victim, er partner, probably can't even use that many picks. Everyone will know it, and he'll either be hustling to trade up at reduced value, or he'll end up just blowing all the late rounders and then have to immediately drop those guys before the start of Week 1. In a non-serpentine draft like yours, unless I was already picking in the top 3-5 slots, I would very happily trade away my whole rookie draft for the 1.1, probably every year.

Traded 1.01 & 2.04 for 1.04, 1.07 & 1.10
Did this show up in yor inbox or was it the result of long negotiation?
I offered Ridley, L. Miller and 2.04 for 1.07, 1.10 and Mason

He countered

My 1.01 for 1.04 and 1.07

and then he accepted my counter of 1.01 & 2.04 for 1.04, 1.07, 1.10

A different team has now offered me:

their 1.02 and J. Hunter for my Miller and Cooks; which I'm torn on. I like cooks and value him about 1.02-1.04. Thinking about changing out his Hunter for A. Robinson, but I have Lee. He also said D. Freeman could be added.

If I accept I would have 1.02, 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 1.10 and 2.01 in picks (I'm rebuilding).

Hope all that isn't too confusing
i would take it with freeman. but, that's only because I don't think coleman wins the backfield in aTL. If you're serious about rebuilding, that gets it done pretty quickly.

Gave: 1.03, 1.10, 1.11

Got: 1.01, 2.01, 2016 3rd

12 team league, .5 PPR, 22 player rosters. I flipped the 2.01 for a likely mid round 2016 1st. I was hot for Gurley, had Mason already, and am very tight on roster space, so the deal worked well for me.

Gave: Ronnie Hillman, Jermaine Kearse and the 1.12 & 2.01

Got: 1.01

I later offered the 1.01

for the 1.02 and Reggie Bush it was rejected.

I have C. Hyde was the only reason. I'm happy with the rejection.

Gave: 1.10 1.11 M.Ingram

Got: 1.1

(Interesting context, trade occurred pre draft. League where you only have to start 1 rb. Left me with only 1 starting rb on my roster: T. Mason)

Not a typo that was the trade, to clarify it did happen prior to the draft and the other owner is a Denver homer and has C.J. and Ball. So the trade listed after mine was

is that half price also or does Ingram have that much more value that Hillman and Kearse combined? I haven't been impressed with Ingram.

Streetduck said:
Not a typo that was the trade, to clarify it did happen prior to the draft and the other owner is a Denver homer and has C.J. and Ball. So the trade listed after mine was

is that half price also or does Ingram have that much more value that Hillman and Kearse combined? I haven't been impressed with Ingram.
Ingram is being traded for 1st round rookie picks. Kearse is on most waiver wires and Hillman is on some too, I just picked him up with a late 5th round rookie pick in a league with 25 man rosters. I find it difficult to believe that anyone in a dynasty league wouldn't know the drastic difference in current values... It's almost like you just stepped out of a time machine, arriving from just after the 2013 season.

Streetduck said:

Ingram is being traded for 1st round rookie picks. Kearse is on most waiver wires and Hillman is on some too, I just picked him up with a late 5th round rookie pick in a league with 25 man rosters. I find it difficult to believe that anyone in a dynasty league wouldn't know the drastic difference in current values... It's almost like you just stepped out of a time machine, arriving from just after the 2013 season.
Well that's one mans opinion, I think the picks were definitely inline with moving up and while I do believe I received the better end of the deal I still think Ingram is average and I wouldn't give a 1st rd rookie pick for him. If I got the number one at half price I would like to see who paid double that to get it. I haven't seen anything close to double what I paid. Hillman averaged virtually the same points per game in games he started as Ingram so does that make Ingram better or he just has more opportunity? I'm not defending Hillman as a player I'm defending your comment that I'm some kind of moron because I don't agree with your opinion.

Streetduck said:

Well that's one mans opinion, I think the picks were definitely inline with moving up and while I do believe I received the better end of the deal I still think Ingram is average and I wouldn't give a 1st rd rookie pick for him. If I got the number one at half price I would like to see who paid double that to get it. I haven't seen anything close to double what I paid. Hillman averaged virtually the same points per game in games he started as Ingram so does that make Ingram better or he just has more opportunity? I'm not defending Hillman as a player I'm defending your comment that I'm some kind of moron because I don't agree with your opinion.
Ingram is absolutely worth significantly more than Kearse and Hillman combined. Kearse and Hillman are the types of waiver fodder that you include in trades to clear up a roster space. They are basically worthless and shouldn't move the needle even slightly in a trade for the 1.01. Ingram is being valued as a mid-late 1st in standard 12 team PPR 1qb leagues.

Nobody is saying you're a moron. This one particular trade was just severely in your favor in terms of how this board values these players and picks

Streetduck said:
If I got the number one at half price I would like to see who paid double that to get it. I haven't seen anything close to double what I paid.
Nobody is saying you're a moron, just that your valuation seems very out of step with the general consensus and the deal you got was more than a steal. Also, as per your quote above, if you read this thread you'll see countless examples of people paying way more than you did. For example, I posted this precisely one post above where you posted your deal:
Gave: 1.03, 1.10, 1.11

Got: 1.01, 2.01, 2016 3rd

12 team league, .5 PPR, 22 player rosters. I flipped the 2.01 for a likely mid round 2016 1st. I was hot for Gurley, had Mason already, and am very tight on roster space, so the deal worked well for me.
From what I have seen 1.12, 2.01, Hillman and Kearse might typically get you to the 1.07 or so.

I just accepted an offer for OBJ and 2016 4th for my 1.02, 2.01, and 2016 1st.

16-team PPR, IDP. I'm now rolling with A. Brown, OBJ, and Hopkins at WR.
It's fun to comb back through this thread a year later.  

He took Gordon with the 1.02.  I went on to win the championship with a stable of Obj, Nuk, and Antonio.  

So basically I traded Gordon, last year's 17th pick, and this year's 1.16 for OBJ.  I'd say that's winning.  

Turned down 1.7 & 2.7 for 1.2 (obviously)

Traded 1.2, 1.7, 2017 1, Derek Carr for Julio, 2.1 

I gave up 3 and 9 to move to 2. Want to be in the driver's seat when the smoke clears and the clear #2 pick emerges this summer. 

Based on the way things played out in 2015, those who drafted Gurley or Cooper are probably pretty content with their decisions.  Those who picked Gordon, not so much.  

Traded the 1.1 and 2017 1st for Hopkins.  Have Gurley and Bell, so Zeke not of much help to me.  Looking forward to rolling out Gurley, Bell, OBJ, and Hopkins every week.

Users who are viewing this thread