What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Is a Woman? Controversial New Movie (1 Viewer)

ZADO

Footballguy
What is a Woman? is a 2022 American documentary about gender and transgender issues presented by conservative political commentator Matt Walsh, produced and released by The Daily Wire, and directed by Justin Folk. Reactions to the documentary upon its release were divided and largely partisan.

What is a Woman?

It’s the question you’re not allowed to ask. The documentary they don’t want you to see. Join Matt Walsh on his often comical, yet deeply disturbing journey, as he fearlessly questions the logic behind a gender ideology movement that has taken aim at women and children. Watch “What is a Woman?” now streaming exclusively for Daily Wire members.

[...] What is a Woman?

It’s the question you’re not allowed to ask. The documentary they don’t want you to see. Join Matt Walsh on his often comical, yet deeply disturbing journey, as he fearlessly questions the logic behind a gender ideology movement that has taken aim at women and children. Watch “What is a Woman?” now streaming exclusively for Daily Wire members.

I am glad it is streaming exclusively for Daily Wire members. After looking into Daily Wire Wiki entry, I wouldn't watch it if it were streaming free.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire

The Daily Wire is an American conservative news website and media company founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro and film director Jeremy Boreing.[2][3] It is a leading publisher on Facebook,[4][5][6] and produces podcasts such as The Ben Shapiro Show.[3]

Many Daily Wire stories repackage journalism from traditional news organizations while adding a conservative slant.[4][7] Fact checkers have said that some stories shared by The Daily Wire are unverified, and that The Daily Wire often misstates facts to advance a partisan view.[8][9] It has been a prominent publisher of false and misleading claims denying climate change, as described in various fact checks.[10][11]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad it is streaming exclusively for Daily Wire members. After looking into Daily Wire Wiki entry, I wouldn't watch it if it were streaming free.

The Daily Wire is an American conservative news website and media company founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro and film director Jeremy Boreing.[2][3] It is a leading publisher on Facebook,[4][5][6] and produces podcasts such as The Ben Shapiro Show.[3]

Many Daily Wire stories repackage journalism from traditional news organizations while adding a conservative slant.[4][7] Fact checkers have said that some stories shared by The Daily Wire are unverified, and that The Daily Wire often misstates facts to advance a partisan view.[8][9] It has been a prominent publisher of false and misleading claims denying climate change, as described in various fact checks.[10][11]
Not sure what any of that has to do with the movies subject matter but ok 

But it would be ok if it’s on CNN exclusively?  Just want to make sure here.

Can you say "credibility"? - anything involved with the Daily Wire is automatically suspect and can't be trusted for veracity. 
Well its a movie interviewing people and asking them the simplest question that seems to becoming increasingly difficult to answer . Why would credibility be an issue ? Unless the answers arent credible ,then i see your point  

Good work here playing the ignorance card.  :thumbup:

I mean, the documentary wasn't a response to anything at all - just made up out of thin air.  :doh:
I think it was a response to a conservative senator asking a Supreme Court nominee a really silly question. Liberal senators don’t ask such absurd questions. 

I think it was a response to a conservative senator asking a Supreme Court nominee a really silly question. Liberal senators don’t ask such absurd questions. 
Watch the trailer ,it seems its a far more difficult question to answer than one would think 

Yeah, that's why it was made.  

How long you going to keep on playing the ignorant and obtuse card?  You can't seriously believe what you're posting.  What you ARE doing is running deflection games and minimizing what is actually going on.

Good work here playing the ignorance card.  :thumbup:

I mean, the documentary wasn't a response to anything at all - just made up out of thin air.  :doh:
It was created because there is a certain segment that will pay (one way or another) to stay angry about the world that is going to hell in a handbasket because of this or that group of others.

Well its a movie interviewing people and asking them the simplest question that seems to becoming increasingly difficult to answer . Why would credibility be an issue ? Unless the answers arent credible ,then i see your point  

Ever heard of James O'Keefe and Project Veritas? All they do quite often is just showing them interviewing people, but the end result is completely misleading and untrustworthy.

Or how about Michael Moore? His documentaries quite often involve interviews too, but I wouldn't start a thread here representing it as something completely truthful and unbiased (I have never been a Michael Moor fan). 

Saw it a couple weeks ago. Thought it drew interesting light upon:

- Transgendered (former) males participating in, and in some cases dominating women's sports.

- The potential for nasty complications for those who are surgically transformed and the general lack of awareness of those possibilities.

- The role and rights of parents of minors who are considering transition.

- Regular hostility from certain segments of the community as soon as any type of question arises regarding the topics above that counter or seem to counter their beliefs regarding trans rights.

Juxtatarot said:
If we are going to discuss a movie, wouldn’t it be a good idea to watch the movie?

Nah. Let's instead prejudge and tacitly insult those who watch or consider watching it. 

The obsession that some of you have over this trans issue is really weird.
I find the obsession of changing everything for .5% of the population on odd stances just as weird.   Remember that when  we get the tired posts of being for the good of the people, and doing away with the electoral college.

timschochet said:
No, they just go thru high school yearbooks.

FairWarning said:
But it would be ok if it’s on CNN exclusively?  Just want to make sure here.
You didn't ask me, but any outlet should feel free to make their movies.  People's expectation of the factual nature of said movie should be adjusted based on the outlet though.  

That said, I think some of these movies are pushing it by calling themselves documentaries.  By definition, that means non-fiction and should have a high bar for truthfulness.  

The obsession that some of you have over this trans issue is really weird.

The obsession you have over others' obsessions is really weird.
I think I have had maybe a handful of posts ever on the topic. It comes up in nearly every thread on this site, so unfortunately it is difficult to ignore. I think it is such a non-issue compared to a million other things, and am amazed the amount of posts people have on the topic. On a topic as @FairWarning points out, that represents such a small portion of our population. To me, use someone's preferred pronouns, and let them live their lives, while we all go on with ours.

I find the obsession of changing everything for .5% of the population on odd stances just as weird.   Remember that when  we get the tired posts of being for the good of the people, and doing away with the electoral college.
what % is enough?

I think I have had maybe a handful of posts ever on the topic. It comes up in nearly every thread on this site, so unfortunately it is difficult to ignore. I think it is such a non-issue compared to a million other things, and am amazed the amount of posts people have on the topic. On a topic as @FairWarning points out, that represents such a small portion of our population. To me, use someone's preferred pronouns, and let them live their lives, while we all go on with ours.
I mean seriously. When your kids trans teacher wants to talk to your kid about pleasure based sex ed, you should just shut up about it. 

Yes. It is and should be a non-issue. But it isn't.

In large part because the MSM and liberals feel the need to keep shoving it in everyone's faces.

So they are as much (if not more) to blame for amplifying it beyond what it should be as much as any conservative.

Just yesterday on the local Denver TV news I had to sit through a 4-minutes sermon on how it was "my job" to learn gender-affirming pronouns. It was my punishment for coming home from my real job early and making the mistake of tuning in early to watch the weather. I don't need the local news to be a source of pushing progressive social values.

So people have an "amazing amount of posts on the topic in here"....and it is impossible to just "let them live their lives, and we go on with ours"...simply because we are being bombarded everywhere with the topic IRL.

It's our "job"

I mean seriously. When your kids trans teacher wants to talk to your kid about pleasure based sex ed, you should just shut up about it. 
:shrug:

I wouldn't want my kids teacher doing any such thing. So if that ever happens, we would deal with it. I mean, is this running rampant through the school systems? I am damn liberal and my kids go to the crustiest hippy school I could ever imagine - one that has a strangely large trans'ish community - and there is no such thing going on in their school

Just yesterday on the local Denver TV news I had to sit through a 4-minutes sermon on how it was "my job" to learn gender-affirming pronouns
Just change the damn channel then. There is all sorts of garbage on TV. Stuff that liberals, conservatives, whoever find distasteful and inappropriate. So don't listen/watch those shows. Simple solution. Kind of hard to get it shoved down your throat if they don't have your attention

Just change the damn channel then. There is all sorts of garbage on TV. Stuff that liberals, conservatives, whoever find distasteful and inappropriate. So don't listen/watch those shows. Simple solution. Kind of hard to get it shoved down your throat if they don't have your attention
Duh. Of course I can. It was just an example.

The point is you said you are somehow "amazed about the amount of posts" people have on the topic.

The simple reason is because we are bombarded with it in real life.

And I'm pretty sure you know that too.

Duh. Of course I can. It was just an example.

The point is you said you are somehow "amazed about the amount of posts" people have on the topic.

The simple reason is because we are bombarded with it in real life.

And I'm pretty sure you know that too.
But as he points out, some is choice.  The only time I am "bombarded" with it is when I come to the PSF.   

But as he points out, some is choice.  The only time I am "bombarded" with it is when I come to the PSF.   
Fair enough. But also not nearly as easy to escape/ignore as was being suggested.

Not unlike the anthem/kneeling business. Good luck "just changing the channel" when it's being shown ad nauseam during 12 different highlight shows.

Im more shocked at the obsession that large companies have over the issues ( pride month seems awful big for them) or parents and schools pushing it on others by forcing reading materials and changing whole curriculums to benefit a few . The reactions of people in the movie when asked a very simple question,what is a woman , and they cant answer it ,is pretty interesting .  A woman is an adult human female. A woman belongs to the female sex, which means she has female chromosomes, reproductive organs, and gametes. Sex is observable at birth (and even earlier with ultrasound technology) and detectable long after death by DNA testing.

:shrug:

I wouldn't want my kids teacher doing any such thing. So if that ever happens, we would deal with it. I mean, is this running rampant through the school systems? I am damn liberal and my kids go to the crustiest hippy school I could ever imagine - one that has a strangely large trans'ish community - and there is no such thing going on in their school
So basically as long as it isn't happening at your kids school, we shouldn't inconvenience you with any discussion about it? 

Users who are viewing this thread