What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Is a Woman? Controversial New Movie (1 Viewer)

I tend to stay away from the socially liberal, fiscally conservative description. Although if I had to pigeon hole myself that would be it. I am very issue by issue though, and some takes of mine would be unexpected within that pigeon hole.

For example, I self describe as pro-life. Yet I disagree with the overturn of Roe v Wade. I just want less abortion, but getting there without making it illegal because it's illegality creates a whole host of new social problems. I wanted to get there through education, responsibility, social support, and contraception. I consider abortion a social ill in most cases, but also understand that trying to create laws about what a woman does with her own body is incredibly thorny and probably not the right way to go about it.

Anyways, I think we should try and reduce tribalism and instead try to consider issues in a vacuum as that will result in better results.

I tend to stay away from the socially liberal, fiscally conservative description. Although if I had to pigeon hole myself that would be it. I am very issue by issue though, and some takes of mine would be unexpected within that pigeon hole.

For example, I self describe as pro-life. Yet I disagree with the overturn of Roe v Wade. I just want less abortion, but getting there without making it illegal because it's illegality creates a whole host of new social problems. I wanted to get there through education, responsibility, social support, and contraception. I consider abortion a social ill in most cases, but also understand that trying to create laws about what a woman does with her own body is incredibly thorny and probably not the right way to go about it.

Anyways, I think we should try and reduce tribalism and instead try to consider issues in a vacuum as that will result in better results.

Thanks GB. I wish more people thought this way.

I wanted to get there through education, responsibility, social support, and contraception.
Abortion is just one major spoke in the wheel that runs better with better education.

The goal should be to make smarter kids, everyone claims to want better for their kids, right? 

We are failing miserably. 

The University of Pennsylvania nominated swimmer Lia Thomas for the NCAA "Woman of the Year" award.

🤣🤣

Making awards all about politics is such a liberal thing.  

The University of Pennsylvania nominated swimmer Lia Thomas for the NCAA "Woman of the Year" award.

🤣🤣

Making awards all about politics is such a liberal thing.  

Well, ever since they ruined the Nobel Peace Prize by giving it to Obama for being black, pretty much all major awards have been about virtue, not actual accomplishment anymore.

They just gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom NOT to Michael Phelps, but to a person who quit on their team (biles) and a whiney liar (rapinoe).

So, yeah, this was probably to be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread