What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is James Spaders signature role? (1 Viewer)

Signature role

• Morgan -Tuff Turf

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Steff - Pretty in pink

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Richard - Mannequin

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Rip - Less than Zero

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Graham - Sex Lies and Videotape

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Max - White Palace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Jackson - Stargate

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • James - Crash

• Alan - The Practice/Boston Legal

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Ultron - Avengers:Age of Ultron

• Red - The Blacklist

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I would not put it near the top of his roles - AND even though it was on the downside of The Office ...I really liked his swarmy, weirdo Robert California character. 

Also, a big fan of the "Apology" episode on Seinfeld.   

ETA:  Leroy - great minds ... :hifive:

Last edited by a moderator:
He was amazing on Boston Legal (I didnt watch the practice)...so I went with that.  He was terrible on The Office.

always think of him saying "bah-dee" instead of 'buddy' in pretty in pink.

even though I liked him in crash and guilty-pleasure stargate.
Spader has been a pretty versatile and prolific actor, and his performance in Sex, Lies & Videotape was IMHO his best.

But his signature role is Steff in Pretty In Pink. He embodied that character so well that it was hard not to think of him as a smarmy a$$ in other subsequent roles, despite his character being completely different.

To me, that means that role is a defining one in his career, even if it did unfortunately typecast him for a bit (in reality or in viewer's perceptions).

Man that's a tough one.  When we were both younger I think there was similarity face-wise between he and I so I've always had a connection to him.  I don't think I could nail one down.  Maybe Mannequin.  Pretty in Pink would be up there.  

Raymond Reddington easily for me, but I've never watched the Practice or Boston Legal. He transforms completely into Red for me.

Haven't seen his television shows so can't say they aren't a signature role.

My favorite performance of his is White Palace.

But for me, his signature role is either in PiP or SL&V.  Tough call.  

Voted for SL&V.

Guess it's to his credit that I think Pretty in Pink, Sex, Lies & Videotape, Boston Legal/Practice and The Blacklist are all legitimate options, two movies and two TV.

Users who are viewing this thread