What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the best way to utilize Football Guys tools in a Yahoo! Draft? (1 Viewer)

I have been using the Football Guys tools for the last few years. All of my leagues are Yahoo! leagues and I've struggled with how to best use the league specific rankings and tiers within the Yahoo! draft app.  As all of you know, Yahoo! rankings are garbage and specific to a generic league setting. Currently, I login to my Yahoo! league and create a draft order by manually moving the top 250 players in the Yahoo! ranking to match my Football Guys ranking.  It takes hours and is the most painfull process I go through before a draft. That being said, once the draft starts I've got the ability to toggle between the Yahoo! ADP and my FBG ranking.

I'm wondering what other people do in an online draft? Cross names of a printable cheat sheet? Does anyone know of an automated way to import rankings into a Yahoo! league?

Thoughts?

There's no way to import custom rankings into Yahoo as far as I know. With the new online draft dominator, you're better off just setting up all of your league settings and scoring before the draft, including your league's draft order, and then switching windows between the draft and draft dominator. Should make it pretty easy.

Nice! I'll give it a shot with a mock draft. I haven't tried entering all of the yahoo picks at the same time.  It should make decision making pretty easy.

That's good advice! Interested to hear your thoughts on using the FootballGuys Draft Dominator web application at the same time as your league’s native draft application.

I’m in an auction league and with only 30 seconds to nominate a player it’s incredibly challenging (and can be confusing) jumping back and forth between the two applications. I would like to be able to use the FootballGuys Draft Dominator web application as its value is unquestionable, however at what cost. From some mocks I’ve done, I’ve found that I spend more time jumping back and forth, inputting what players went for then truly paying attention to the draft at hand.

Have you faced this same challenge?  

That's good advice! Interested to hear your thoughts on using the FootballGuys Draft Dominator web application at the same time as your league’s native draft application.

I’m in an auction league and with only 30 seconds to nominate a player it’s incredibly challenging (and can be confusing) jumping back and forth between the two applications. I would like to be able to use the FootballGuys Draft Dominator web application as its value is unquestionable, however at what cost. From some mocks I’ve done, I’ve found that I spend more time jumping back and forth, inputting what players went for then truly paying attention to the draft at hand.

Have you faced this same challenge?  
It can be done but you need to be fast when using the app. Personally I now prefer to print out a cheatsheet and to scratch names off as the players get drafted.

I'm a bit of a nerd and do a combination of the above mentioned options.

1. I set up my league scoring/ roster requirements/ etc... onto the DD app (iPad) to generate the draft list
  2. then a day or 2 before the draft, I log into Yahoo and manually "pre-rank" my players according to the DD recommended rankings

I try not to do this too far in advance as rankings can change and it's a pain to move up/down once all imported vs. moving players up/down multiple times. 

[*]Then during the draft, I can toggle between the DD rankings and Yahoo's rankings to see where I can find value/ see if i need to reach on a guy i REALLY like. 

[*]I also use the iPad DD app to cross off players as they're drafted so I can look at the dynamic rankings of the DD vs. just relying on the static list I imported into Yahoo. 

Hope this helps

I'm a bit of a nerd and do a combination of the above mentioned options.

1. I set up my league scoring/ roster requirements/ etc... onto the DD app (iPad) to generate the draft list
  2. then a day or 2 before the draft, I log into Yahoo and manually "pre-rank" my players according to the DD recommended rankings

I try not to do this too far in advance as rankings can change and it's a pain to move up/down once all imported vs. moving players up/down multiple times. 

[*]Then during the draft, I can toggle between the DD rankings and Yahoo's rankings to see where I can find value/ see if i need to reach on a guy i REALLY like. 

[*]I also use the iPad DD app to cross off players as they're drafted so I can look at the dynamic rankings of the DD vs. just relying on the static list I imported into Yahoo. 

Hope this helps
I normally do 1 - 3, but I find that with smack talk I find I lose track or screw up the draft position of players when trying to do cross off players.  If there was a more efficient way to do 4, I'd be laughing all the way to the ...... jinx.

Users who are viewing this thread