What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (3 Viewers)

I think we have a new contender.....I was offered Ryan Torain, Benjarvus Green-Ellis and $600 BB dollars (out of $1000 total) in exchange for Hakeem Nicks.
Obviously, not an offer you would be too inclined to accept. However, given team needs and value of waivers its not a horribly unfair offer.
Two potential backup RBs (and in time shares in best case scenario) and a better shot at landing a waiver wire player in exchange for a top 5 WR isn't a bad offer? I disagree.

'Dr. Octopus said:
'huntunc said:
I think we have a new contender.....I was offered Ryan Torain, Benjarvus Green-Ellis and $600 BB dollars (out of $1000 total) in exchange for Hakeem Nicks.
Obviously, not an offer you would be too inclined to accept. However, given team needs and value of waivers its not a horribly unfair offer.
Two potential backup RBs (and in time shares in best case scenario) and a better shot at landing a waiver wire player in exchange for a top 5 WR isn't a bad offer? I disagree.
Might not have been terrible if it was offered before the NFL draft, but the Patriots and Redskins didnt draft 2 RB's each because they were happy with their current starters. This offer is horrible unless you can get top 20 RB's or WR's with bid bucks.

I get LeGarrette TBB RB , Ford, Jacoby OAK WR , and 3rd round Draft Pick in 2012 for only McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

I can't wait to hit accept on this one.

We have a guy in our league who is crazy with inconsistent offers. One time he offers #### and another he offers kitchen sink to get ####.

He offered me a 2nd round rookie pick this year for Best. He gave a 2nd and 3rd rounder for Mario Williams after the switch to 3-4 was announced. Crazy

I get LeGarrette TBB RB , Ford, Jacoby OAK WR , and 3rd round Draft Pick in 2012 for only McCoy, LeSean PHI RBI can't wait to hit accept on this one.
At least in a trade like this the guy is at least trying sell dudes with upside, there is something to work with.

I offered brandon jackson...when grant got injured and jackson did nothing his first "start" for vick when he was going to just full in for a couple weeks.

Sad part, it was accepted.

I just received my worst one of 2011. Zealots

I offered a guy in my league Andre Johnson, Joe Flacco, Antonio Gates for Hakeem Nicks, Tony Romo, Carlos Dunlap.

He has Vick, my best QB is Big Ben. Along with Gates i have Finley, and i dont remember who his TE is, but he isnt very good. Maybe this offer is weighted towrds my side, but its close.

He comes back with Romo, 2012 2nd, 3rd for Andre Johnson, Mathew Stafford, 2012 1st.

Im not the crazy one here...or am i?

I offered a guy in my league Andre Johnson, Joe Flacco, Antonio Gates for Hakeem Nicks, Tony Romo, Carlos Dunlap.

He has Vick, my best QB is Big Ben. Along with Gates i have Finley, and i dont remember who his TE is, but he isnt very good. Maybe this offer is weighted towrds my side, but its close.

He comes back with Romo, 2012 2nd, 3rd for Andre Johnson, Mathew Stafford, 2012 1st.

I like your first offer, at least if it was offered to me, I'd have to weigh the pros and cons of it. I guess that's what I don't get out of any of these trade offers... if I put the shoe on the other foot, is there a chance in heck, I would accept it? If the answer is yes, then I've made a reasonable offer with a chance of success. I wonder if the ridiculous counter-offer, is a strong way of saying "NO" or is a negotiating stance, putting the burden of coming up with the reasonable offer on you. (ie he's hoping to find a mid way point between your 1st offer and his counter-offer.) All I know is typically I start out on a pretty fair footing, some people might just like to reject right away, like passing on the 1st pitch in baseball.

It's good, and part of the process, but I think the crazy offer just wastes everyone's time. On the other hand, seeing who they reject or counter with, can tell you who they want to buy or who they want to sell, so it's still valuable information.

About three to four years ago, I was offered Michael Bennett for my 2nd and 3rd round rookie picks. When I saw the proposal in my e-mails, I wondered if I had traveled back in time.

I like your first offer, at least if it was offered to me, I'd have to weigh the pros and cons of it. I guess that's what I don't get out of any of these trade offers... if I put the shoe on the other foot, is there a chance in heck, I would accept it? If the answer is yes, then I've made a reasonable offer with a chance of success. I wonder if the ridiculous counter-offer, is a strong way of saying "NO" or is a negotiating stance, putting the burden of coming up with the reasonable offer on you. (ie he's hoping to find a mid way point between your 1st offer and his counter-offer.) All I know is typically I start out on a pretty fair footing, some people might just like to reject right away, like passing on the 1st pitch in baseball.

It's good, and part of the process, but I think the crazy offer just wastes everyone's time. On the other hand, seeing who they reject or counter with, can tell you who they want to buy or who they want to sell, so it's still valuable information.
I think you and i have a very similat approach when it comes to trading. I wont send an offer that i wouldnt at least consider if i were on the other end. I dont think this guy was countering as a negotiation tactic. After i sent him the first offer, he rejected and replied "why would i trade two tier one players for one tier one player"? I responded with "Gates is probably more of as tier one player than Romo". That seemed to be the end of that, until a few days later he emailed me telling me he would trade Romo, just not for the offer i sent. I asked him what did he have in mind, and a couple days later i got that offer.

I just think some people dont trade unless they are clearly getting the better end. I have never traded with him before, and i will never send him an offer again. Its just not worth trying to trade with people like that.

I just think some people dont trade unless they are clearly getting the better end. I have never traded with him before, and i will never send him an offer again. Its just not worth trying to trade with people like that.
This is idiotic. Nothing bad can come of making offers to a guy. Nothing. If he has a player you like, or who you think is gonna break out, it costs you absolutely nothing to send an offer. If your time is actually worth that much more elsewhere for the somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes it takes to make a trade offer, then you shouldn't be playing Fantasy Football in the first place.

This is idiotic. Nothing bad can come of making offers to a guy. Nothing. If he has a player you like, or who you think is gonna break out, it costs you absolutely nothing to send an offer. If your time is actually worth that much more elsewhere for the somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes it takes to make a trade offer, then you shouldn't be playing Fantasy Football in the first place.
This makes sense, im officially retiring from fantasy football.

:thumbup: Whatever I can do to help!

I think never trading with the guy ever again is a bit extreme, but I think I might start to spend less time knocking on his door, then again, if he had someone I really wanted I might be pretty persistent. I might adjust my expectations of making a deal downwards of course. Sometimes, I'll see who has last been active on MFL. The guy who hasn't been on in 12 days, well likely he/she may not be the guy/gal who's breathing football 24/7. Some owners are hard to trade with, I take it almost as a challenge to get a deal done, on the flip side, I don't want to pester people to the point of annoyance. Delicate balance. Once people say no thanks, I'm good, or I'll say we can put the conversation on pause, leave the door open that kind of thing. No use burning bridges, who knows if down the road you might have their handcuff.

... I must admit, the complete non-answer drives me more bananas, then any bad trade offer. Honestly.

There my worst trade offer, .... reasonable offer... complete silence in return.

I think never trading with the guy ever again is a bit extreme, but I think I might start to spend less time knocking on his door, then again, if he had someone I really wanted I might be pretty persistent. I might adjust my expectations of making a deal downwards of course. Sometimes, I'll see who has last been active on MFL. The guy who hasn't been on in 12 days, well likely he/she may not be the guy/gal who's breathing football 24/7. Some owners are hard to trade with, I take it almost as a challenge to get a deal done, on the flip side, I don't want to pester people to the point of annoyance. Delicate balance. Once people say no thanks, I'm good, or I'll say we can put the conversation on pause, leave the door open that kind of thing. No use burning bridges, who knows if down the road you might have their handcuff.

... I must admit, the complete non-answer drives me more bananas, then any bad trade offer. Honestly.

There my worst trade offer, .... reasonable offer... complete silence in return.
I made him two offers in the past that he never responded to. Plus, i didnt say i wouldnt trade with the guy, im just not going to send him offers. Although i would bet we never make a trade. Another thing is the only trade he ever made(That i remember) was with his brother, and his brother dropped out the following year(this past season). This was it, during last season.

[*]New Orleans Saints gave up Kolb, Kevin PHI QB;McCoy, LeSean PHI RB;LaFell, Brandon CAR WR;Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

[*]Chicago Bears gave up Orton, Kyle DEN QB;Turner, Michael ATL RB;Clayton, Mark STL WR

I made him two offers in the past that he never responded to. Plus, i didnt say i wouldnt trade with the guy, im just not going to send him offers. Although i would bet we never make a trade. Another thing is the only trade he ever made(That i remember) was with his brother, and his brother dropped out the following year(this past season). This was it, during last season.

[*]New Orleans Saints gave up Kolb, Kevin PHI QB;McCoy, LeSean PHI RB;LaFell, Brandon CAR WR;Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

[*]Chicago Bears gave up Orton, Kyle DEN QB;Turner, Michael ATL RB;Clayton, Mark STL WR
I'd have to agree with you, doesn't seem to be worth too much of your time then...

'Instinctive said:
'Go deep said:
In a couple of my longer term leagues, I have guys that a couple times a years we will exchange offers for some reason or another with pleasant enough conversation and quite honestly we absolutely never make a trade. We value players/picks so differently that there is never reasonable middle ground. I play nice just in case, but honestly it really is waste of time, not even because they are bad players/guys.

'Instinctive said:
'Go deep said:
In a couple of my longer term leagues, I have guys that a couple times a years we will exchange offers for some reason or another with pleasant enough conversation and quite honestly we absolutely never make a trade. We value players/picks so differently that there is never reasonable middle ground. I play nice just in case, but honestly it really is waste of time, not even because they are bad players/guys.
I think this is beneficial to trading. I have a probelm trading when me and the other guy value players the same.

'Instinctive said:
'Go deep said:
I think this is beneficial to trading. I have a probelm trading when me and the other guy value players the same.
True, the flip side of the coin. No difference of opinion versus too much difference of opinion. Both create non-movement for me. Its that middle between the extremes I seem to get the best trades from.

I got all this beat. A couple days ago, I offered got offered Barber and the 1.09 for.... Vjax, Foster....... and the 3.06. Because, you know, he'd be giving up too much value if I was giving him just Vjax and foster alone. Hitting "reject" was not a strong enough option. I wish there was a "punch in the crotch" option.
So does VJax just have a much lower value than I thought? I just got another offer, in the same league by a different owner, Vjax for TO and the 3.09. Are people out of their damn mind?

I got all this beat. A couple days ago, I offered got offered Barber and the 1.09 for.... Vjax, Foster....... and the 3.06. Because, you know, he'd be giving up too much value if I was giving him just Vjax and foster alone. Hitting "reject" was not a strong enough option. I wish there was a "punch in the crotch" option.
So does VJax just have a much lower value than I thought? I just got another offer, in the same league by a different owner, Vjax for TO and the 3.09. Are people out of their damn mind?
I would take a guess that some FF site released a list of buy low candidates or some such nonsense.

not the worst....but most recent: * Karen's Nightmare will give Clausen, Jimmy CAR QB Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR * To Velvet Elvis for Hardesty, Montario CLE RB Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Velvet Elvis
Which side is the bad one?
Yeah, thats not bad, although i clearly prefer the Hardesty side. Mass and Claussen are barely rosterable.
Haredsty the back with a long injury history and who missed his entire rookie ear with an injury? Point being trade not worthy of thread. Crap for crap.

Just got this one... and I wouldn't trade Dez for all four of them

"Really, Owner?"

Helu, Roy WAS RB

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB

Alexander, Danario STL WR

Marshall, Brandon MIA WR

ME

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Smith, Kevin DET RB

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Just got this one... and I wouldn't trade Dez for all four of them"Really, Owner?" Helu, Roy WAS RB Thomas, Daniel MIA RB Alexander, Danario STL WR Marshall, Brandon MIA WRME Johnson, Chris TEN RB Ringer, Javon TEN RB Smith, Kevin DET RB Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Its not a good offer, but I would do it without CJ in a second.

I wonder how many people have read through this thread and said "Whew!" when they finished without seeing any trades they had offered.

I wonder how many people have read through this thread and said "Whew!" when they finished without seeing any trades they had offered.
:goodposting: Definitely a thought which was going through my mind... I think I am fair ... enough, but owner perception can definitely vary.

I have had my share of them but i will post the recent ones but the funny part it is by the same owner and he prolly will see this because he is always on here but ohh well :) :

Get

Dez Bryant

Give

A.Green,J.Jones,M.Ingram

Get

R.Helu

Give

M.Wallace

Get

R.Helu

Give

R.Mathews

And a bonus as a just missing the cut

Give S.Johnson: Get 2.6,2.7

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got one that would send me Reggie Wayne and TO for Andre Johnson.
Reggie Wayne was WR3 last season and is 32. Andre Johnson was WR7 and is 30. Does this offer really belong in this thread?
The question was the worst trade you have ever been offered. That trade isn't fair so it could qualify.What would it take along with Reggie Wayne for you to trade Andre Johnson? I would require something significant. AJ is a top 3 dynasty WR, Wayne isn't in the top 15.

This wasnt really an outright offer I made or was made to me, per se... but last week, I inquired about Sidney Rice to the owner, who is brand new to the league this year. I just wanted to gauge his value point, and go from there:

"Hey <....>, I'm interested in Sidney Rice. What do you think would be fair value for him? I'm willing to talk. Lemme know!"

The *immediate* reply was:

"Jennings and Bulger"

Now... you might think that is reasonable, depending on how you value *which* Jennings going forward, but more to the point... Rashad Jennings (he owns MJD)...

"So, you want Jennings and Bulger for Sid?!", I replied incredulously...

"Yep! Do you want me to post the deal on the board?"

"Ummm... sure... if you want to..."

Honestly, I feel kinda bad about it, but this is the same guy, who at the same time we were talking about this deal, gave up Beanie Wells for 3.06 in this year's draft. Clearly, he's new to dynasty.

In a 12 team startup dynasty draft, I was dealt the 4th pick in a serpentine draft. I posted on the league's message board that I was looking to move down in the draft from 1.04. Soon afterward I was offered the 1.11. For my compensation, the trade partner wanted to switch 5th round picks as well.

So what he thought was a good trade offer was

I give:

He gives:

:shrug:

While some of the offers in these threads can be understood as just differences in player value, I don't think I'll ever understand how this can be defended. He never won a playoff game and quit the league a few years in.

Get

Dez Bryant

Give

A.Green,J.Jones,M.Ingram
I know people who wouldn't sell Dez for that.
IMO those people are idiots haha
Agreed(well, i dont think they are idots), i would take Green straight up for Dez.
I would take all 3 of them over Dez.
I assumed that was James Jones, if thats Julio, I agree I would take each one of them over Bryant. That would also make that an even more ridiculous offer.

Reggie Wayne was WR3 last season and is 32. Andre Johnson was WR7 and is 30. Does this offer really belong in this thread?
The question was the worst trade you have ever been offered. That trade isn't fair so it could qualify.What would it take along with Reggie Wayne for you to trade Andre Johnson? I would require something significant. AJ is a top 3 dynasty WR, Wayne isn't in the top 15.
Wayne is ranked #10 on footballguys dynasty rankings right now. I wouldn't give AJ for Wayne but in no way do I think it qualifies as a "horrible" trade.

Get

Dez Bryant

Give

A.Green,J.Jones,M.Ingram
I know people who wouldn't sell Dez for that.
IMO those people are idiots haha
Agreed(well, i dont think they are idots), i would take Green straight up for Dez.
I would take all 3 of them over Dez.
I assumed that was James Jones, if thats Julio, I agree I would take each one of them over Bryant. That would also make that an even more ridiculous offer.
Yes, Julio Jones haha

Wayne is ranked #10 on footballguys dynasty rankings right now. I wouldn't give AJ for Wayne but in no way do I think it qualifies as a "horrible" trade.
So you don't think offering an older, lesser WR and an even older WR without a team qualifies as a terrible offer for AJ? If there's one thing I would never look for advice from FBG, it would be their dynasty advice, so that really isn't pertinent to me here. He followed up that gem of a deal with Wayne + James Jones for AJ. Can't tell if he's just messing with me at this point.And btw, AJ finished 2nd in my league for PPG dealing with a bum leg most of the season.

This wasnt really an outright offer I made or was made to me, per se... but last week, I inquired about Sidney Rice to the owner, who is brand new to the league this year. I just wanted to gauge his value point, and go from there:

"Hey <....>, I'm interested in Sidney Rice. What do you think would be fair value for him? I'm willing to talk. Lemme know!"

"Jennings and Bulger"

Now... you might think that is reasonable, depending on how you value *which* Jennings going forward, but more to the point... Rashad Jennings (he owns MJD)...

Honestly, I feel kinda bad about it, but this is the same guy, who at the same time we were talking about this deal, gave up Beanie Wells for 3.06 in this year's draft. Clearly, he's new to dynasty.
Haha that guy is stupid

"Jennings and Bulger"

Haha that guy is stupid
Bulger will be top 5 QB and After week 1 injury to MJD Jennings will be top 10 Back. #1 QB & RB playoff weeks.Guy has a time machine.

'ItsOnlytheRiver said:
'todisco1 said:
'Go deep said:
'Dr. Octopus said:
So you don't think offering an older, lesser WR and an even older WR without a team qualifies as a terrible offer for AJ? If there's one thing I would never look for advice from FBG, it would be their dynasty advice, so that really isn't pertinent to me here. He followed up that gem of a deal with Wayne + James Jones for AJ. Can't tell if he's just messing with me at this point.And btw, AJ finished 2nd in my league for PPG dealing with a bum leg most of the season.
For me there isn't as huge a difference between Wayne and Andre as you imply that there is (Wayne consistently finishes in the Top 5, Top 10 and is only two years older). Would I trade Johnson for Wayne straight up? No, and throwing in TO wouldn't get it done either. I just don't see it as such a terrible offer that it would belong in this thread. I see it as at least a valid starting point to get a conservation going. However if it was indeed the "worst trade that you have been offered" then I guess it would technically qualify.

'ItsOnlytheRiver said:
'todisco1 said:
'Go deep said:
'Dr. Octopus said:
For me there isn't as huge a difference between Wayne and Andre as you imply that there is (Wayne consistently finishes in the Top 5, Top 10 and is only two years older). Would I trade Johnson for Wayne straight up? No, and throwing in TO wouldn't get it done either. I just don't see it as such a terrible offer that it would belong in this thread. I see it as at least a valid starting point to get a conservation going. However if it was indeed the "worst trade that you have been offered" then I guess it would technically qualify.
I'm not putting it in here on technicalities. It is a terrible offer. If I'm going to sell Andre Johnson, a 32 year old, declining Wayne isn't going to be the main piece of it. Perhaps you prefer to exchange your top of the tier talent for a dispersal in aging veterans and other middling WRs/RBs, but I don't. The fact that TO was the other piece, who if he was on my roster in this league (only 24 spots) would be on the waiver wire, seals the nomination.I don't think there is a big difference between a 24 year old WR and a 26 year old WR. I think there is a big difference between 30 and 32, though.

Also, if you don't want to take my word for it. Here are some people whose rankings I do respect. Notice that FBG is not included.

http://rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/37326/69/dynasty-rankings

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhyK-acAQag0dENmWElUS2MyZ25hVF8yUUNTNzZPRnc&hl=en#gid=0

http://www.dynastyrankings.net/dynasty-rankings/wr/

The last one is outdated to last season and still has Wayne out of the top 10. If you are so high on the guy, you should try to acquire him. His value isn't nearly what you believe it to be.

I offered a guy in my league (notorious for bad offers) C.J. Spiller and Dustin Keller for Kenny Britt. Britt is his 5th WR, and his staring TE is Ben Patrick. His 2nd best back behind AP is James Starks. He responded with:

He gives

Adrian Peterson

Kenny Britt

Lofa Tatupu

2012 4th round pick

I give

LeSean Mccoy

Darren McFadden

CJ Spiller

Deangelo Williams

Dustin Keller

Jermaine Gresham