What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

I probably wouldn't even deal Pittman straight up for Mahomes unless I had no QB and was very deep at WR.
I was with you up until this sentence.

I would absolutely deal Pittman straight up for Mahomes in 1 QB if I needed a QB.
I just said I would if I didn't have a QB
Sure - it would also be worth doing if you had a mid-level QB.

I’m just saying Mahomes is a valuable asset, even in 1-QB format. If I’ve got a 10-12th (or worse) ranked QB, I deal Pittman for Mahomes pretty easily.

If I have a top 5? I’ll hang onto the WR.
Even if I had Josh Allen, I’d trade Pittman for Mahomes.
Well yes, same. You could then flip him for a truly elite WR. Good point.
Which truly elite WRs do you think you can get straight up for either Allen or Mahomes. Just curious.
I speculate you could get a Tyreek Hill, Waddle, Diggs, Higgins, Maybe kick in something else and get an AJB. Heck, might even be able to get the 1.01 with a 2.x or player added to Mahomes.

I doubt you’d get a top 4 WR, but 7-15? Sure, that feels close. Don’t feel like breaking out the calcs but could likely do better than Pittman is the point.
Anything COULD happen. Obviously we have all seen questionable trades involving every player
However, I am of the belief you will be VERY hard pressed to get ANY of those players straight up for Mahomes. Maybe 1 out of every 10 leagues the Mahomes owner can pull that off, and that would have to be a situation where a team had crap at QB and was deep at WR.
In FFPC 1 QB leagues the QBs just don't carry the value some of you think they do. I have literally never once seen a QB get back a top end WR in these leagues. Not once, and I've been in a few for a decade.

I probably wouldn't even deal Pittman straight up for Mahomes unless I had no QB and was very deep at WR.
I was with you up until this sentence.

I would absolutely deal Pittman straight up for Mahomes in 1 QB if I needed a QB.
I just said I would if I didn't have a QB
Sure - it would also be worth doing if you had a mid-level QB.

I’m just saying Mahomes is a valuable asset, even in 1-QB format. If I’ve got a 10-12th (or worse) ranked QB, I deal Pittman for Mahomes pretty easily.

If I have a top 5? I’ll hang onto the WR.
Even if I had Josh Allen, I’d trade Pittman for Mahomes.
Well yes, same. You could then flip him for a truly elite WR. Good point.
Which truly elite WRs do you think you can get straight up for either Allen or Mahomes. Just curious.
I speculate you could get a Tyreek Hill, Waddle, Diggs, Higgins, Maybe kick in something else and get an AJB. Heck, might even be able to get the 1.01 with a 2.x or player added to Mahomes.

I doubt you’d get a top 4 WR, but 7-15? Sure, that feels close. Don’t feel like breaking out the calcs but could likely do better than Pittman is the point.
Anything COULD happen. Obviously we have all seen questionable trades involving every player
However, I am of the belief you will be VERY hard pressed to get ANY of those players straight up for Mahomes. Maybe 1 out of every 10 leagues the Mahomes owner can pull that off, and that would have to be a situation where a team had crap at QB and was deep at WR.
In FFPC 1 QB leagues the QBs just don't carry the value some of you think they do. I have literally never once seen a QB get back a top end WR in these leagues. Not once, and I've been in a few for a decade.
I became curious because of this post. Ran it through a couple of calcs. I was pretty close on all of that, from a pure “value” standpoint.

You might be right. I’m of a different opinion. We’re talking about the QB1. It’s an advantage even in 1-QB leagues.

I think a 1:1 for Higgins is as close as it gets. If I’m team Higgins and my QB is aging or outside of the top 6, and I can spare a WR, I absolutely make that deal.

In my efforts to acquire a Top Tier QB in 1 QB league, they want 1st Born plus weight in Gold. Not worth it in value.
Midway this past season, I offered 1.08 for Herbert .... his counter was to INCLUDE another 1st. He has Lamar, Herbert & Murray.
Why require 2 x 1st for your Bench player? I declined and moved on. But I agree... QB's in 1QB Leagues are premier Top Tier picks, but some owners think they are. Lonely look....

In my efforts to acquire a Top Tier QB in 1 QB league, they want 1st Born plus weight in Gold. Not worth it in value.
Midway this past season, I offered 1.08 for Herbert .... his counter was to INCLUDE another 1st. He has Lamar, Herbert & Murray.
Why require 2 x 1st for your Bench player? I declined and moved on. But I agree... QB's in 1QB Leagues are premier Top Tier picks, but some owners think they are. Lonely look....
Well yeah, chances are they own those QBs because they drafted them high in the startup and aren't gonna sell cheaper now.
Yeah you wanna see actual value in FFPC 1 QB leagues? Just look at the ADP for startups when they start doing them. If startup drafts aren't the best barometer for value, I don't know what is

Not the worst, but it’s up there.

16 team IDP PPR SF
I get: 2023 2nd (pick 30), Josh Jacobs
I give: Breece Hall

I wonder what flavor of crack this dude was smoking before sending that over? Imma go with strawberry.

I was just offered Daniel Jones and Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson for Lamar Jackson.

Two shiny new nickels for a dollar!

Edit - 1 qb league

Last edited:
Probably not "the worst" but SMH...

Someone was shopping Lamar at the end of the season and I said I was interested, his immediate offer:
I receive: Jackson, Lamar BAL QB; Johnson, Diontae PIT WR; 2023 Early 3rd
I give up: Herbert, Justin LAC QB; Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR; 2023 Mid 1st; Year 2023 Early 2nd
I received a similar one in a 14 team SF, with the difference being this was an unsolicited offer to me

Receive: Josh Allen
Trade away: Herbert, Geno, 23 1st, 24 1st

Not the worst, but it’s up there.

16 team IDP PPR SF
I get: 2023 2nd (pick 30), Josh Jacobs
I give: Breece Hall

I wonder what flavor of crack this dude was smoking before sending that over? Imma go with strawberry.
I don't think this is soooo bad -- I wouldn't take it, but Jacobs is 25 this month, not so old. Obviously Breece has a decent clip more value but if they upped it to a 1st I'd think about it maybe.
I actually inquired about Jacobs middle of this season when he was tearing it up. I offered Tony Pollard, Romeo Doubs, Juwan Johnson for Jacobs and was rejected. Owner sent me this counter:

Josh Jacobs, Leonard Fournette
for
Ken Walker, Dameon Pierce, Miles Sanders, '23 1st

Seemed a tad lopsided.

I was offered Hopkins for Justin Jefferson. Again.

I think some guys just don't want to admit that players decline in value as they get older.
Dude, if you just throw in your 2024 1st, i think you can nab Hopkins!
If he offered Hopkins and a future 1st for Jefferson, that's on of those horrible offers that looks fine based on those stupid trade calculator.
God I hate those and hate even more when people reference them when making me an offer.

I think some guys just don't want to admit that players decline in value as they get older.
If he offered Hopkins and a future 1st for Jefferson, that's on of those horrible offers that looks fine based on those stupid trade calculator.
God I hate those and hate even more when people reference them when making me an offer.
I’m saying that @The Future Champs should throw in his 1st to be able to get Hopkins.

what I thought was an obvious joke. Nevermind…

I’m saying that @The Future Champs should throw in his 1st to be able to get Hopkins.

what I thought was an obvious joke. Nevermind…
I know what you said. I was just making another comment.
I have seen some truly terrible offers that are apparently even on trade calcs

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give
Purdy, Lance, Breece Hall, Swift

I get: 2023 1.01

There may not be anyone with a bigger man-crush on Bijan than me, but this is not a serious person.

I replied that it wasn’t close in return for that package of players, and he replied, “I was hoping you were drunk or high”.

Man, there ain’t enough weed or whisky in the state for me to accept that offer.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

There may not be anyone with a bigger man-crush on Bijan than me, but this is not a serious person.

I replied that it wasn’t close in return for that package of players, and he replied, “I was hoping you were drunk or high”.

Man, there ain’t enough weed or whisky in the state for me to accept that offer.
😂 well ... There are other states too ...

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

I’m using it as an opener - I may counter. I’d love to get Bijan in that league.

Might see if Purdy/Lance/Swift will get me 1.01/2.01/Burks or something like that.

It would leave me with only Fields at QB, and that’s tough. The 2.01 is 17th overall.l, so the equivalent of 2.05 in a 12-team.

In IDP that’s a very nice pick.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

I’m using it as an opener - I may counter. I’d love to get Bijan in that league.

Might see if Purdy/Lance/Swift will get me 1.01/2.01/Burks or something like that.

It would leave me with only Fields at QB, and that’s tough. The 2.01 is 17th overall.l, so the equivalent of 2.05 in a 12-team.

Much more sensible. I don't have my "sf legs" yet. My only experience is browsing the trades. If I had to evaluate it I'd guess you're asking a little too much. But like I said, I don't know sf. It'd be a good offer to at least continue negotiations if nothing else.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

Much more sensible. I don't have my "sf legs" yet. My only experience is browsing the trades. If I had to evaluate it I'd guess you're asking a little too much. But like I said, I don't know sf. It'd be a good offer to at least continue negotiations if nothing else.
Yeah, I mean, better to ask too much than not enough.

I may also dumb it down to Purdy/Lance for 1.01

Just not sure if I want Bijan’s enough to have only 1 QB in a SF league.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

I have Bijan in devy and wouldn't trade him for Purdy/Lance/Swift. Too many question marks. Purdy and Lance may add up to one startable QB unless someone gets traded which probably won't happen with injury concerns. Speaking of injury concerns... Swift.

I have Bijan in devy and wouldn't trade him for Purdy/Lance/Swift.

I have the 1.01 and I wouldn’t either.
Too many question marks. Purdy and Lance may add up to one startable QB unless someone gets traded which probably won't happen with injury concerns. Speaking of injury concerns... Swift.
That’s why imma offer it. I’m a Niners fan but Lance/Purdy is a sketchy combo. I also question Purdy’s ceiling, and whether we’ve seen it already. And Swift’s value may plummet with a RB pick in the draft.

But this is all off topic…my bad.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

HE REALLY ADMITTED he was hoping on your stupidity or disadvantage to make an offer like that!?!?! WOW
Did you counter with a counter offer for his 2024 1st giving Swift?

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

HE REALLY ADMITTED he was hoping on your stupidity or disadvantage to make an offer like that!?!?! WOW
Yep. And now we wait.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

Yep. And now we wait.
See : dynasty trade topic for final result.

Kinda feels like a good moral of the story for this topic - every offer is an opportunity, regardless of how terrible.

It’s an expression of interest in specific players, which, even if completely unrealistic, is still a data point.

I’m taking a big lesson from this one. I’ll never look at a terrible offer in scorn again. I’ll still post them here, but I’ll always follow up with a counter/communication with the offending/offering team.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

Yep. And now we wait.

Kinda feels like a good moral of the story for this topic - every offer is an opportunity, regardless of how terrible.

It’s an expression of interest in specific players, which, even if completely unrealistic, is still a data point.

I’m taking a big lesson from this one. I’ll never look at a terrible offer in scorn again. I’ll still post them here, but I’ll always follow up with a counter/communication with the offending/offering team.
Yeah. I always have trouble deciding on an initial offer to make. "This trade would be too good to be true, I should add something else on my side ... But, what if they would actually accept this as is.......?"

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

Yep. And now we wait.

Yeah. I always have trouble deciding on an initial offer to make. "This trade would be too good to be true, I should add something else on my side ... But, what if they would actually accept this as is.......?"
When in doubt, start with a text or private message. “Hey, I was interested in making an offer - what are your needs?”

I usually do that before even mentioning the player i have interest in.

Then once I know what they’re looking for, maybe I’ll message them an opening salvo, like “would X be enough for your Y?”

From there maybe throw out some trade offers.

I’ve had really good results with that process over the years. Sometimes ya can’t get it done - but thank them for their time regardless, and maybe they’ll be a trade partner down the road.

In general I’ve found that people like making deals with reasonable people who articulate needs. Random offers coming out of left field are far less successful.

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

Yep. And now we wait.

When in doubt, start with a text or private message. “Hey, I was interested in making an offer - what are your needs?”

Then once I know what they’re looking for, maybe I’ll message them an opening salvo, like “would X be enough for your Y?”

I’ve had really good results with that process over the years. Sometimes ya can’t get it done - but thank them for their time regardless, and maybe they’ll be a trade partner down the road.

In general I’ve found that people like making deals with reasonable people who articulate needs. Random offers coming out of left field are far less successful.
Yeah, I tried that .... asked his trade Value on Tenn WR T Burks & Den TE C Dulcich ... his offer was my 1.07, 1.08 & Ridley. Private chats don't work when you are so far apart on perceived value.
I did counter ... with 2.03 & 2.08 just to see what he really would take.

But I don't see how we can close a gap that wide ...

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

Yep. And now we wait.

Yeah, I tried that .... asked his trade Value on Tenn WR T Burks & Den TE C Dulcich ... his offer was my 1.07, 1.08 & Ridley. Private chats don't work when you are so far apart on perceived value.

Sometimes you can’t, but a polite exchange can sometimes pave the way for future accords. :)

16-team SF, PPR, IDP

I give

Yep. And now we wait.

Sometimes you can’t, but a polite exchange can sometimes pave the way for future accords. :)
Right. Not a cure-all or magic trick to make a deal happen, but a good idea to start negotiations that way, so that you can find out what their expectations are, without possibly putting more on the line than they would have even required, and without insulting them with what they consider a lowball offer, and this is a run-on sentence.

So not a specific offer, but in one league I’ve made a couple trades with a guy over the last couple of years, and just inquired about another guy - he’s rebuilding, so I thought I might burn one of my later 1sts + a mid-tier RB, or some kinda package like that for a WR.

And the answer is the same every time. Every single time it’s “well, so-and-so is my favorite player, so….”

I wanna go all Biden on him, “c’mon, man! They can’t all be your favorite player! I got your favorite player from you in our last trade!”

it’s just so theatrical at this point. I’m tempted to make an offer on another one of his receivers just to see if he says the same thing.

So not a specific offer, but in one league I’ve made a couple trades with a guy over the last couple of years, and just inquired about another guy - he’s rebuilding, so I thought I might burn one of my later 1sts + a mid-tier RB, or some kinda package like that for a WR.

And the answer is the same every time. Every single time it’s “well, so-and-so is my favorite player, so….”

I wanna go all Biden on him, “c’mon, man! They can’t all be your favorite player! I got your favorite player from you in our last trade!”

it’s just so theatrical at this point. I’m tempted to make an offer on another one of his receivers just to see if he says the same thing.
About half the guys in my league use a variation of this, as follows:

Me (last week): Hey what would it take to get Burks from you?
Him: Well, I spent the 1.06 on him and he definitely flashed, so probably two firsts but one has to be at least the 1.06 or better...

Me (preseason last year): Hey I'm interested in Michael Carter since I drafted Breece, you interested in selling for a pick?
Him: Well I spent the 1.11 on him so it would have to be a first, the 1.12 at worst...

Me (yesterday): Hey just seeing if you might be interested in selling Henry since he's getting on up there...
Him: Well I bought him from Joe for two firsts and one was the 1.03 so it'll have to be two firsts and one's gotta be real early...
Me: That was FOUR years ago when you bought him...he's 29 years old now...guess he's going to retire on your squad there buddy...

I cannot get it through these peoples heads that previous acquisition cost is irrelevant in trade talks.

About half the guys in my league use a variation of this, as follows:

Me (last week): Hey what would it take to get Burks from you?
Him: Well, I spent the 1.06 on him and he definitely flashed, so probably two firsts but one has to be at least the 1.06 or better...

Me (preseason last year): Hey I'm interested in Michael Carter since I drafted Breece, you interested in selling for a pick?
Him: Well I spent the 1.11 on him so it would have to be a first, the 1.12 at worst...

Me (yesterday): Hey just seeing if you might be interested in selling Henry since he's getting on up there...
Him: Well I bought him from Joe for two firsts and one was the 1.03 so it'll have to be two firsts and one's gotta be real early...
Me: That was FOUR years ago when you bought him...he's 29 years old now...guess he's going to retire on your squad there buddy...

I cannot get it through these peoples heads that previous acquisition cost is irrelevant in trade talks.
I can understand next years valuation when you feel a rookie flash, but the henry one is funny. With that attitude anyone he drafts or trades for the value always goes up. Incredible

It's like trying to negotiate with Putin or my wife.
I inquired about Mayfield. 🤢 (SF will make a man do things. Horrible things)

Dude said, “well it’s tough, because I paid X for him”

Bro, that’s not what I asked you!
:doh:
these talks always lead me down the same road, and I dunno why I fall for it every dang time.

Me talking to a leaguemate: anybody you're looking to maybe flip for a pick? Looks like you'll have some tough cuts to make...
Him: yeah I'd love to sell Mixon, I can't seem to give him away...
Me: Oh cool, I'd be interested in him for the right price. I've got a bit of WR depth and it looks like you could use some there. How about my 2.04 plus another player? take a look at my roster and...
Him: Oh dude hell no, I turned down the 1.06 for him last year so no way I could sell him for less than that now.
Me: :blankstare as I realize I fell in the trap again:

Elected to not even reply to this offer to move up in the 3rd round of our 12 team, non-PPR Zealots rookie draft:

get
Year 2023 Draft Pick 3.01
Year 2023 Draft Pick 3.05

give
Year 2023 Draft Pick 3.12
Ekeler, Austin LAC RB
That's not even fair in a startup draft

Couldn’t find this thread so appreciate the bump:

Give: 1.03, 1.10, Metchie, Fant
Receive: Mac Jones, K. Pickett, 2.11

1 QB league.
What medication were they on at the time this offer was proposed? They might want to check the dosage again cause that’s just plain bad!!
I mean I can see Pickett & 2.11 for 1.10 & Metchie but the 1.03 has no place in this deal

Users who are viewing this thread