What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst place you've ever slept? (1 Viewer)

Wood bench in a jail cell has to be right up there. But I was homeless for 10 months and slept on a lot of subway trains, sometimes when the wind chill was below zero. No fun when you're on an elevated train and all six doors fly open while you're trying to sleep at 3 in the morning. So TBH it would be hard to answer.

Have a great bed now and boy am I grateful lol.

on the sidewalk outside the barcelona train station after being grifted, by street carnies, of all my remaining cash. i was 16

another doozy was at a full moon party on a tiny caribbean island. it was laaaaate. i had nowhere to sleep. swam out to what i thought was my friend's boat. it wasn't his. i didn't want to get back in the water, so i slept on the deck. all i had on were board shorts.

I've spent a few nights in Mexican jails, but the worst place I've ever slept is the old Jackalope Motel in Vegas.

At work in a fold up chair under bright florescent light. Loud people and machines all around. I did it for years. 😀

And you actually had to sleep there for more than 2 hours for it to count.

Does have to be on purpose, you may have passed out. Could be a park bench, an airport, a bathtub at a hostel. Give us your worst place you've ever slept story.
I'd say jail, but at least there was walls and a mattress.

Worst place for me was under a bridge.
Got booted out of my first Apartment for too many noise complaints and late on rent, and my car was towed to the junk yard a couple days before.

So started hiking from Minnesota to Wisconsin where my sister lived with her boyfriend.
After a couple hours it started to rain, so crawled up under a bridge and slept till morning.
Wet, windy and cold.. Would NOT recommend. :kicksrock:

Last edited:
Mine was sleeping on the floor in a tiny Paris apartment with some random friend of friends. I needed a place to crash before I got on a train to... somewhere. Anyway, I didn't have a pillow or cushion or anything so I laid down on a towel and put my jacket over me. Used my backpack as a pillow. Had to wake up at like 6 AM to make sure I made the train. Very uncomfortable and restless. Wish I would had an edible back then, my anxiety was through the roof.

I think the person renting the apartment was like a minor league beauty parent winner from a region outside Paris and she wanted to try and get into the Parisian fashion industry. I was hoping for a shot with her, but there was no chance. She had to turn down like 4 guys a day at least. Sleeping there was better than the train station as I was less likely to get robbed.
:lmao:

Look at this guy.

The worst place he has ever slept was on the floor of an apartment owned by a French fashion model

In a gay man's bed? He put pillows between us as an assurance that there wouldn't be any funny business. I'm still not sure why I couldn't sleep in one of the other beds in his house.

I've slept on the street a few times when drunk and tired. My bike was still beside me when I awoke outside the Philadelphia Zoo. And in Mexico on a dusty street, I used my t-shirt as a pillow and then woke to the roosters and morning sun.

Floor of Heathrow airport in the midst of a winter storm. They turned the heat off at midnight.

Boy scout summer camp, I was getting my wilderness survival merit badge. Had to spend one night out in the woods, and was only allowed to take a poncho, pocket knife, and flint.

It had rained so everything was too wet to start a fire. My buddy and I made a lean-to, used one poncho to lay on, and shared the other as a blanket. It was rather chilly that night, and unknowingly we had set up in a patch of poison oak.

Pretty sure that's when I decided to quit scouts.

On the floor of my apartment in downtown St. Louis with the door open after a night hitting it hard at the bars. One buddy passed out in the lobby and another in the hallway. It was a high rise and my door opened to a hallway close to the elevators.

I believe someone entered my apartment, took a $hit, and didn’t flush the toilet. I woke up to the door being open and turds that I could tell weren’t mine floating in the toilet.

Have had many miserable nights camping, usually wet and cold.

Denali was probably the worst. It‘s a glacial mountain, so you’re always sleeping on a base of ice and snow. Temperatures drop below -30, and the wind often feels like it will destroy your tent. Modern mountaineering equipment is good, but it’s still cold enough I’d awaken with drool frozen to my face, and a block of yellow ice in my urine bottle. I‘d keep the latter in my sleeping bag when the pee was fresh, for temporary warmth, and to avoid leaving the relative comfort of the tent to p!ss outside.

All that is compounded by symptoms of mountain sickness - headache, nausea, and insomnia.

Man, there is no way I can top everyone's jail stories but other than a few long nights in the ER, I would say the worst was a camping trip my wife and I took with our friends when we were in our 20's..

My wife and I started in a tent. Then the storm hit. Just a violent thunderstorm with rain, wind and massive hail. So we leave our tent and run to my 82 Chevy Blazer. The seats are folded down in the back, but it had all our camping and fishing gear in it, so didn't want to throw that out in the rain and we left our sleeping bags in the tent. We decided to sleep in the front bucket seats, which didn't recline at all and there was a huge center console. I let my wife stretch out as much as she could, but I could not do anything but just lean forward and rest my head on the steering wheel. The storm flooded our camp and the road out. When we finally got home, we discovered, just a 1/2 mile from our camp, a tornado tore through a camping area. Mountain tornadoes are rare, but in Colorado, we get them.

I was 1500 ft down and 5 miles in a coal mine when they had issues with the rides so I got to sleep on the floor of a coal mine with all my mine gear on. That freaking sucked.

And jail twice…

On the floor of my apartment in downtown St. Louis with the door open after a night hitting it hard at the bars. One buddy passed out in the lobby and another in the hallway. It was a high rise and my door opened to a hallway close to the elevators.

I believe someone entered my apartment, took a $hit, and didn’t flush the toilet. I woke up to the door being open and turds that I could tell weren’t mine floating in the toilet.
Isn't it likely that one of your drunk buddies took the ****?
Bag it, tag it, and take it to the lab for testing?

The worst is after a long night of drinking, I crash in my bed and then someone plays a prank by peeing on my lap so that I wake up in a puddle.

Once at my apartment in SA, an associate of mine paid for a key to my closet and he entered in the morning to find three gay teens. One was doing dishes while one rested on the floor and the other slept in my bed. The two by my bed were good looking. The last thing I remember, the tall one was tracing his fingers along my belt. I was explaining that I wasn't gay but he kept insisting that he gave really good head. I don't remember anything further. Next thing I know it's the morning and my associate was questioning the scene he stumbled upon.

Isn't it likely that one of your drunk buddies took the ****?
Bag it, tag it, and take it to the lab for testing?
They were ruled out as possible offenders; I discovered the incident before they woke up and made it back.

It still puzzles me to this day as to what really happened.

When I was in high school, I agreed to go on a glacier hike with a church group. There were younger kids and a church group leader who was a seminary student. All male. The hike was moderate mostly but some of the group had problems with it. We had our tents and our gear with us and the plan was to sleep the night and come back the next day. It got late and we were on the snowiest part of he trip, probably at about 11,000 feet elevation. It got cold and I mean really cold. The wind is blowing and it's dark as can be. As we get ready to turn in, we buddy up. The group leader chooses me and we set up our two man tent with sleeping bags. I started getting weird vibes from this guy and I'm unsure of what to do. Now it's going through my mind that it would take quite some time to hike back down to the cars to get warm (and safe) and it would be in total darkness. Plus, I would be abandoning the others. This guy starts squirming around in his sleeping bag like six inches from me and I don't know what to think. I don't think I got much sleep that night at all. Absolutely miserable night. I later learned that this guy was accused of being too friendly with boys.

Mine was sleeping on the floor in a tiny Paris apartment with some random friend of friends. I needed a place to crash before I got on a train to... somewhere. Anyway, I didn't have a pillow or cushion or anything so I laid down on a towel and put my jacket over me. Used my backpack as a pillow. Had to wake up at like 6 AM to make sure I made the train. Very uncomfortable and restless. Wish I would had an edible back then, my anxiety was through the roof.

I think the person renting the apartment was like a minor league beauty parent winner from a region outside Paris and she wanted to try and get into the Parisian fashion industry. I was hoping for a shot with her, but there was no chance. She had to turn down like 4 guys a day at least. Sleeping there was better than the train station as I was less likely to get robbed.
:lmao:

Look at this guy.

The worst place he has ever slept was on the floor of an apartment owned by a French fashion model
It was not comfortable, but you're right not anything close to the stories on here.

Concrete floor of an airplane hanger at Woodstock '99.

If you watched the Netflix documentary, that pretty much summed it up. Add to the mix that I was there with a "new" girl who forgot to bring the poles for the tent she brought for us. That wasn't the only "tent" without "poles" that week as she jumped into the mud next to the turned over porta-potties on the first day, which promptly made me lose my "tent pole" for the rest of the trip. It was like 100 degrees and the only place I could ever get cool enough to sleep was in that hanger when it wasn't used for raves and other stuff at night. It was hard concrete, but it was cooler than any other surface around.

Concrete floor of an airplane hanger at Woodstock '99.

If you watched the Netflix documentary, that pretty much summed it up. Add to the mix that I was there with a "new" girl who forgot to bring the poles for the tent she brought for us. That wasn't the only "tent" without "poles" that week as she jumped into the mud next to the turned over porta-potties on the first day, which promptly made me lose my "tent pole" for the rest of the trip. It was like 100 degrees and the only place I could ever get cool enough to sleep was in that hanger when it wasn't used for raves and other stuff at night. It was hard concrete, but it was cooler than any other surface around.
I remember that hangar. We rolled right off the Q102 bus (Cincy radio station that we won a free trip from -tix, charter bus ride, and a tent) and right into that hangar as George Clinton and P-Funk took the stage. That was epic. And things mostly got worse from there in a “that was amazing ,how did we not die, let’s never do that again way).

I managed to stay out of the mud, but that was probably the only shower I’ve ever taken that I exited in considerably worse shape than when I entered, (at least from the calves down since that’s how deep the drainage backup was.)

Man, there is no way I can top everyone's jail stories but other than a few long nights in the ER, I would say the worst was a camping trip my wife and I took with our friends when we were in our 20's..

My wife and I started in a tent. Then the storm hit. Just a violent thunderstorm with rain, wind and massive hail. So we leave our tent and run to my 82 Chevy Blazer. The seats are folded down in the back, but it had all our camping and fishing gear in it, so didn't want to throw that out in the rain and we left our sleeping bags in the tent. We decided to sleep in the front bucket seats, which didn't recline at all and there was a huge center console. I let my wife stretch out as much as she could, but I could not do anything but just lean forward and rest my head on the steering wheel. The storm flooded our camp and the road out. When we finally got home, we discovered, just a 1/2 mile from our camp, a tornado tore through a camping area. Mountain tornadoes are rare, but in Colorado, we get them.
Already posted, but this one made me think of another.... my now-wife is a big camper and back when we were first dating we thought it'd be great to spend a couple nights out at a local campsite since I bragged that I was this great outdoorsman back when we were dating (LOL)... it was fall in SoCal, so how bad could it be? Well, 10 or 12 miles inland on a September eve could get into the 50s on a good night or the 30s on a not-so-good night... and guess what it was the night we went? Yeah, it was cold AF and the wind started whipping through and our tent sucked and no matter how close we got together it was brutal so we ended up going into the back of her SUV and while I'm not super tall (6'1" on a good day), it was still uncomfortable as hell and yeah that next morning featured more booze than coffee and we sure as sh*t didn't stay that second night LOL

Slept inside a train station because I had missed the last call to get home. Worst four hours of sleep I've ever experienced.

Went to the regional finals of the ncaa tourney at the Trans world dome (st louis was woke before it was cool). I got the most conveniently located room we could afford. Which happened to be on Washington Ave.

About 2am after coming back from Sauget, we got back to the room just in time to hear gunshots on the street below. To which my friends were like, " Where the #### are we staying?" :lmao:

Downtown Amman, Jordan....I was traveling on the cheap and found a hotel that looked way nicer on AirBnB than it actually was....it was downright scary. Felt like I was sleeping on a cot in a slaughterhouse.

Boy scout summer camp, I was getting my wilderness survival merit badge. Had to spend one night out in the woods, and was only allowed to take a poncho, pocket knife, and flint.

It had rained so everything was too wet to start a fire. My buddy and I made a lean-to, used one poncho to lay on, and shared the other as a blanket. It was rather chilly that night, and unknowingly we had set up in a patch of poison oak.

Order of the Arrow?

I quit Scouts after the second meeting where we literally tied knots for like 2 hrs. No thanks.

On the park steps outside the "beer can" in Downtown Tampa. Was either 1995 or 1996. Guavaween is the annual Halloween party/parade in Ybor City. I was a student at the U of Tampa at the time and shuttles ran from downtown to Ybor City for the event. So it was an easy walk from the Campus. Across the Hillsborough River and to the shuttle bus stop. I had gone to Guavaween with a group of friends. But at some point I decided that I had enough and was ready to head back. Took the shuttle bus back downtown. Got off the bus and walked about halfway back to campus. Decided to sit down on the steps to the part behind the "beer can", which is a cylindrical shaped office tower on the Hillsborough river in downtown Tampa. It looks like a grey beer can. I had intended for this to be a brief stop. But I feel asleep. Only to be awakened several hours later by my friends who were returning to campus and spotted me fast asleep. I woke up, checked to make sure that all of my parts, pieces and possessions were where they were supposed to be. Got up and went home.

pick from these...............

1 - under row chairs in Denver airport for 2 night while snowed in.
2 - on top of a washing machine/dryer in a laundry room at a party at Texas A&M when I was a sophomore at Baylor........it was the night Gibson hit his homer in the WS though, and I do remember watching that. California coolers killed me that night.

California coolers, have not heard that name in decades, and I still dry heaved a little.

Some dirty motel in a little town in TX off I-10 between San Antonio and El Paso. There were bed bugs all around and the door didn’t lock and I was convinced the cartel was going to break in and kidnap me and my wife

Went to the regional finals of the ncaa tourney at the Trans world dome (st louis was woke before it was cool). I got the most conveniently located room we could afford. Which happened to be on Washington Ave.

About 2am after coming back from Sauget, we got back to the room just in time to hear gunshots on the street below. To which my friends were like, " Where the #### are we staying?" :lmao:
I do indeed miss Sauget. I could smell Sauget from my place. Sounds about right with the gunshots.

In my 20's new job new to town, there's a work party, after which we all go to a co-worker's place, was before uber and didn't really know where I was so ended up sleeping on her roof deck. That wasn't so bad as it was summer and a nice night, the problem was slept on a lawn chair, which also wouldn't have been too bad except there was no pillow, so in the middle of the night i woke and grabbed some mesh type thing to use as a pillow. Co-worker wakes me up in the morning and looks at me like what the hell, apparently mesh type thing was covered in dirt and some got in my eye so now my eye is severely swollen. And this was like a Thursday night so we all had to go to work the next day. Another co-worker had slept at her place and our work function was at like a game type place where he won a pink stuffed animal to give to his girlfriend. So the two of us are walking to work totally disheveled in our work clothes from the previous day, on very little sleep, I've got a severely swollen eye and he's carrying a pink stuffed animal, people were looking at us like we were both doing the walk of shame probably thinking as a same sex couple. Get to work, he ended up leaving after like an hour, I ended up somehow making it through the day.

Probably Boy Scout camp, fall of 1986 if I recall. It’s an initiation of sorts, can’t really tell you the details. Suffice to say that I was alone with no real fire due to solid rain. No tent, the tarp didn’t hold up well. Minimal provisions. My sleeping bag was pretty good, all in all, but at about 4AM (just speculating here) the bag gave out and a torrent of water which had been absorbed by the bag let loose. Got kinda cold after that and I was ready to wave the white flag. At about 5AM or so, started hiking towards the base camp to essentially give up. Lo and behold, the leaders decided to call it off around the same time. So at least I got credit for the night.

Order of the Arrow?

I quit Scouts after the second meeting where we literally tied knots for like 2 hrs. No thanks.
My story is similar. Yes, Order of the Arrow for me. I also got my wilderness survival merit badge, summer of ‘85 I bet, sleeping under a makeshift shelter. Loved that one.

Against the house door outside.

The door used to half locked at times even when you didn't engage the lock and when taking out the trash at ten I forgot to take keys. However the wife was home so shouldn't have been a big deal. Rang the doorbell and nothing. Went around back and threw pebbles at the window and nothing. Walked to a nearby store and called a couple times and nothing. So I went back to the house and just sat by the door huddled up hoping she'd wake up and wonder why I wasn't in bed. That didn't happen to like 6am.

was maybe... 12-13... delivering morning newspapers with my old man driving the car. route was super spread out. no way to walk or bike it.

pulled up to a house that backed up to the woods/a park. huge front yard. maybe 50 yards deep.

paper delivery had to be completed by 6:30 AM so we got up at 5:00 and this was one of the first houses on the route so most of the year it was pitch black.
at that age, it was very scary. dad would pull up, i'd hop out, run as fast as my legs could take me to the porch, throw the paper and run back with my heart beating 200 bpm.

just freaking terrifying.

one especially well moonlit morning i ran about halfway up the yard and spotted some guy, who in hindsight was probably 18-21, staggering around the side of the house. he looked completely out of it. i was freaking terrified and just froze. then i saw another guy following him who looked... crazed.. to my eyes.

standing there completely still hoping no one saw me but totally unable to react, i looked around and saw people just strewn around the yard. everyone laying down mixed in with cans, boxes, just trash everywhere.

thought for sure the two guys who rounded the corner had just murdered everyone and they were coming for me. i mustered up the courage to throw the paper, bolted back to the car and told my dad to get away asap because two guys were about to kill me.

i remember him laughing and saying they were just college kids who partied too hard and it didn't hit me until years later that just passing out dead to the world on the lawn was a real thing.

Order of the Arrow?

No, this was just a regular merit badge.

Users who are viewing this thread