What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of Pop are you drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

I have some Souvenir Coca Cola bottles still filled with Coke from 2000 when Three Rivers Stadium closed and Heinz Field opened. These babies have been aging for 13 years and should be exquisite. I am just trying to figure out what kind of food to pair them with.
I have a 6 pack of Coca Cola from 1993 that commemorated the Colorado Rockies inaugural season. And a couple of Coke bottles from the 1981 Clemson Tiger football nat'l championship. I think I also have an unopened box of Cheez-it crackers from a 1989 hunting trip.

I'm here in Madison, WI, while wife has work training and I have nothing planned to do while little kids are with grandparents! And am thrilled to have access to Sun Drop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Drop) a mainly mid west Dr. Pepper co. citrus soda. Although it has shown up in North Carolina...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about trying a new pop today. I pretty much only drink water, milk, and orange juice now but am feeling a little frisky today. Making some brisket chili and will have a nice pop or two while cooking and watching some football.

I don't drink a lot of pop. But, I found Pepsi Throwback a couple of years ago. I can't drink any of the diet drinks as my body hates them. Throwback is made with regular sugar. 150 calories per can isn't too bad. If only they packaged it in the classic tall glass bottles, I'd feel like I was 10 years old again.

Thinking about trying a new pop today. I pretty much only drink water, milk, and orange juice now but am feeling a little frisky today. Making some brisket chili and will have a nice pop or two while cooking and watching some football.
To me a good cola goes well with chili, really sets each other off.

I don't drink a lot of pop. But, I found Pepsi Throwback a couple of years ago. I can't drink any of the diet drinks as my body hates them. Throwback is made with regular sugar. 150 calories per can isn't too bad. If only they packaged it in the classic tall glass bottles, I'd feel like I was 10 years old again.
I've been on the wagon with soda for 3 months but if they ever released real sugar Mountain Dew in the glass bottles I'd be fiending like a crackhead.

EDIT: Oh no you di'nt.

On my 2nd Diet Coke. Not really a session pop, so I think I'll be done after 2. It's really not that good anyway though.

7/11 really has professional-grade self-serve soda fountains. I don't know their secret but it always tastes better there.

I have some Souvenir Coca Cola bottles still filled with Coke from 2000 when Three Rivers Stadium closed and Heinz Field opened. These babies have been aging for 13 years and should be exquisite. I am just trying to figure out what kind of food to pair them with.
I have a 6 pack of Coca Cola from 1993 that commemorated the Colorado Rockies inaugural season. And a couple of Coke bottles from the 1981 Clemson Tiger football nat'l championship. I think I also have an unopened box of Cheez-it crackers from a 1989 hunting trip.
I would need a helluva joint first to start opening those up.

I've been on the wagon with soda for 3 months but if they ever released real sugar Mountain Dew in the glass bottles I'd be fiending like a crackhead.

EDIT: Oh no you di'nt.
Congrads bud.

I don't always drink soda but when I do I prefer Dos Cokies

I like the coke and pepsi with real sugar, the Pepsi throwbacks are good. Can get Sprite in a bottle, Crush I think also. Sometimes Dr Pepper is released with real sugar.

Honestly the 365 soda colas at Whole Foods are killer.

Tried some A&W ten the other week, and wasn't too impressed. Same with the diet cherry 7 up I got. Now I'm off pop since12/31 but will dig back in shortly. I'll keep you all posted on what I try.

Peach citrus Fresca
Is this a real thing?

I'm a lifetime fan of Fresca, but I've only ever had the original grapefruit.

The only "full on Sugar" pops I will drink are the always consistent Coke from McDonalds, thee under-rated MT. Dew from arby's....

Meanwhile I spend most of my time with diet-type pops with extreme carbonation...I'm all about the bubbles and burn factor.

fresca is my #1

...next up would be the Diet Canada Dry

Then the Diet Vernors...

All pop should be enjoyed from a can IMO...plastic bottles don't taste right, and 2-liters are flat.

When I'm feeling really recklasx

I had some Virgil's root beer and cherry cream soda on vacation a few weeks ago, and I was mighty impressed. There's so much sugar in the regular ones though. Are there zero calorie options any good?

Great, now I want a soda.

I know many don't like it, but I've always been a fan of Cactus Cooler. Probably because I really like pineapple.

I had some Virgil's root beer and cherry cream soda on vacation a few weeks ago, and I was mighty impressed. There's so much sugar in the regular ones though. Are there zero calorie options any good?
Let me tell ya, the Virgil's zero calorie root beer is some of the worst pop ever. Tastes like crap.

IBC cream soda last night, it was quite tasty. A nice amount of sugar and sweetness. I'd rank it up there near the top of my list. I'm finding the less mass produced stuff to be much better than Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc.

Diet A&W Root Beer is the best.

Has no diet aftertaste or diet flavor whatsoever. Imo

Diet A&W Root Beer is the best.

Has no diet aftertaste or diet flavor whatsoever. Imo
:goodposting: For an occasional treat, this stuff with a little cream is an instant best part of a black cow. It's like if you could instantly bake just muffin tops.

FYI, it also works with milk, half-and-half, and even non-dairy creamers (which don't have the full flavor of cream but do come with added flavors if you like that sort of thing).

Diet A&W RB has zero caffeine as well. They make a pretty good diet cream soda but it's got a little caffenie in it.

Users who are viewing this thread