What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of Pop are you drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

TheWalkmen

Footballguy
I haven't had a drop of booze since 6/24. I finally linked insomnia I started having a few months ago to alcohol consumption. I've been quite happy to trade booze for sleep. Any anxiety I used to have has left me as well. I used to be able to feel it in my chest all the time; now it's just gone. The booze must have been bad for my anxiety and stress.

Tonight I'm having a Diet A&W Root Beer.

That's odd. I would think the caffeine or sweetener might give you anxiety and the alcohol in the beer would mellow and relax you.

That being said, I like diet dr. pepper and coke zero (and beer too).

Cranberry Raspberry sparkling water.

Only because I had enough alcohol this weekend to kill a small child.

Diet Barq's. It's caffeine free. I was going to celebrate tonight and crack open the six-pack of store brand strawberry soda that I have in the kitchen but decided against it. It's caffeine free, too.

I haven't had a drop of booze since 6/24. I finally linked insomnia I started having a few months ago to alcohol consumption. I've been quite happy to trade booze for sleep. Any anxiety I used to have has left me as well. I used to be able to feel it in my chest all the time; now it's just gone. The booze must have been bad for my anxiety and stress.

:goodposting: My drink of choice, most anytime.

I finally linked insomnia I started having a few months ago to alcohol consumption
interesting.

I've noticed a lot lately that if i get even a little hammered that I don't sleep worth a DAMN either. This is new in the last 2-3 years as alcohol used to make me sleep like a baby.

obviously if i get plowed i pass out no problem.. but i wake up feeling unrested.

I still like a good drink or a good scotch and so on a night where i don't have work the next day I still like to have a drink... i've just cut it back because i agree i'd rather have the sleep.

This is another one of those things that falls under the category of "sucks to get old"

I have some Souvenir Coca Cola bottles still filled with Coke from 2000 when Three Rivers Stadium closed and Heinz Field opened. These babies have been aging for 13 years and should be exquisite. I am just trying to figure out what kind of food to pair them with.

I finally linked insomnia I started having a few months ago to alcohol consumption
interesting.

I've noticed a lot lately that if i get even a little hammered that I don't sleep worth a DAMN either. This is new in the last 2-3 years as alcohol used to make me sleep like a baby.

obviously if i get plowed i pass out no problem.. but i wake up feeling unrested.

I still like a good drink or a good scotch and so on a night where i don't have work the next day I still like to have a drink... i've just cut it back because i agree i'd rather have the sleep.

This is another one of those things that falls under the category of "sucks to get old"
Yeah, I hit 32 years old and bam, even if I drank just 1 beer, I would be able to fall asleep but I'd wake up at 230-3AM wide awake. Its been quite a life style change, but I am happy with it. No more hangovers, better sleep, and hell I'll probably save $1500/yr between store bought booze and restaurant/bar booze each year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some Souvenir Coca Cola bottles still filled with Coke from 2000 when Three Rivers Stadium closed and Heinz Field opened. These babies have been aging for 13 years and should be exquisite. I am just trying to figure out what kind of food to pair them with.
Funnel Cake from the county fair seems like the most obvious answer.

I have a 10 year old box of Tostinos pizza rolls in my freezer that would be perfect with your vintage cola.

I'll put my tux on and be over with dinner around eightish.

I drink more beer and wine than I should but never have problems sleeping.

Don't drink soda though. Only flavored seltzers.

I have a 10 year old box of Tostinos pizza rolls in my freezer that would be perfect with your vintage cola.

I'll put my tux on and be over with dinner around eightish.
:hifive:

In Texas and I recently discovered HEB Cola which is quite excellent and will be in the regular rotation in the fridge.

Other than that I usually go for DP10 or Coke Classic

interesting.

Yeah, I hit 32 years old and bam, even if I drank just 1 beer, I would be able to fall asleep but I'd wake up at 230-3AM wide awake. Its been quite a life style change, but I am happy with it. No more hangovers, better sleep, and hell I'll probably save $1500/yr between store bought booze and restaurant/bar booze each year.
mine kicked in around 33/34 but 1 beer won't do it.. i have to achieve a "buzz" then i'll sleep bad.. so i know i can have 2 beers, or 1 pour of scotch or 1 strong drink...

I've noticed this doesn't happen if I drink in the mid-day.. like if i'm out at the lake and get a noon buzz but then don't drink alcohol in the evening, i'll sleep fine.

I am supposed to not drink alcohol due to some medication that I have to take.

Mad Cow said:
Diet Mt Dew = amazing.
Love Mt. Dew, HATE Diet soda. Can you tell with Diet Mt Dew that it is Diet?

I have been trying to switch middle of the afternoon to a non-caffeinated soda, usually Sprite.

I know it is not pop, but one of my other favorite drinks is the Arnold Palmer. It is usually equal parts iced tea and lemonade. Love it made with sweet tea. I am also a golf fan, so the ESPN commercial of Arnold Palmer making an Arnold Palmer is special.

ChainsawU said:
mquinnjr said:
Vanilla Coke Zero
They have caffeine free Coke Zero now.
I'm pretty much hard wired for caffeine only diet soda intake. I know, it's bad for your blood pressure. Just had it checked about a week ago for my annual, and it's just under 120/80, so I'm rocking the hard stuff until the day comes when I need to reel BP back in.

Once that day comes, I am all over caffeine free, and am glad it's already out there on the shelves. :thumbup:

I am supposed to not drink alcohol due to some medication that I have to take.

Mad Cow said:
Diet Mt Dew = amazing.
Love Mt. Dew, HATE Diet soda. Can you tell with Diet Mt Dew that it is Diet?

I have been trying to switch middle of the afternoon to a non-caffeinated soda, usually Sprite.

I know it is not pop, but one of my other favorite drinks is the Arnold Palmer. It is usually equal parts iced tea and lemonade. Love it made with sweet tea. I am also a golf fan, so the ESPN commercial of Arnold Palmer making an Arnold Palmer is special.
Definitely can tell Diet Mt Dew is Diet. I can't stand the stuff...

Mad Cow said:
Diet Mt Dew = amazing.
:goodposting:

My favorite, but it's NEVER on sale. Can get 3 12 packs of diet Coke products for a total of $10-$11, but Diet Dew is always $5-6 a 12 pack.

Sometimes, I get crazy and splurge for some. The best diet soda out there.

TheWalkmen said:

Good for you. I cut back on booze a lot over the past 2 months for health reasons. I used to also have persistent anxiety but thats pretty much gone now. I used to drink a minimum of 3-4 rum and cokes at least 4 nights a week. I would basically use any excuse to drink (e.g. I had a productive day at work, I was feeling a little down, the weather was nice, etc...). Now I don't really even have the urge to drink much. With that said, I've also cut back significantly on "pop".

Users who are viewing this thread