What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what really is a ff (1 Viewer)

kevpsulli

Footballguy
I have been noticing some odd happenings with not only our CBS scoring but the NFL scoring in general. Does anyone know what actually constitutes a forced fumble? I was under the impression that i.e. such as yesterday....Danta Robinson nails Carson Palmer...he fumbles but Cincy recovers and actually had a gain of 3-4 yards....if Houston would have recovered that would have been a ff..but cincy did so it would never be shown in nfl stats...where I get confused is the miami-carolina game last week where Z.Thomas forced a fumbele...the ball went out of bounds and remained carolinas ball but he actually got cbs scoring credit and nfl stats credit....seems to be a confusing stat...I thought you ahd to recover the ball in order for it to be a ff...anyone have any input?...if you look at the game stats for the cincy game it clearly stats that palmer fumbled but noone got credit for a ff and it really was a hell of a hit.

You seem to be confusing forced fumble and fumble lost. If the guy drops the ball due to the opponent tackling him, it's a forced fumble. It does not matter who recovers the ball or if it goes out of bounds. A fumble lost is when the defensive team recovers the fumble. I see in the gamebook from yesterday that Dunta Robinson did get his forced fumble. Game stats are sometimes wrong for FFs. As I can see D Robinson does not have a FF there. But in the gamebook he has is FF.

This a wierd one to understand. It seems that a player can cause a fumble then the offensive team can recover it and while techinically it is a forced fumble it really isn't because the ball never changed possessions. I don't know how software takes care of this but it seems to only score it if the fumble is actually recovered by the defensive team.

I have been noticing some odd happenings with not only our CBS scoring but the NFL scoring in general. Does anyone know what actually constitutes a forced fumble? I was under the impression that i.e. such as yesterday....Danta Robinson nails Carson Palmer...he fumbles but Cincy recovers and actually had a gain of 3-4 yards....if Houston would have recovered that would have been a ff..but cincy did so it would never be shown in nfl stats...where I get confused is the miami-carolina game last week where Z.Thomas forced a fumbele...the ball went out of bounds and remained carolinas ball but he actually got cbs scoring credit and nfl stats credit....seems to be a confusing stat...I thought you ahd to recover the ball in order for it to be a ff...anyone have any input?...if you look at the game stats for the cincy game it clearly stats that palmer fumbled but noone got credit for a ff and it really was a hell of a hit.
color me with impatience...Danta Robinson did get recognized by the NFL for the forced fumble hit on Carson Palmer...and CBS recognized it also...I guess I could have waited before I posted...still seems like a hard stat to monitor, what I wanna know is just where do you apply for this job? I want to be the guy going over film...I triple analyze how my daughter packs her bookbag in 3rd grade....hey, here's a funny stat----guess who leads the NFL in fumble recoveries?

Users who are viewing this thread