What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (2 Viewers)

Heard a song on Sirius the other day. Slash is coming out with a new bluesy album in a few months, collaborating with different folks. They play Killing Floor with Brian Johnson from AC/DC on vocals and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith on harmonica. But Brian Johnson sounds way different than anything he did with AC/DC. Kind of a cool sound. Not sure if he just changed his voice for this song or what.

Will try to find a link later.

Can't watch this here at work. Will have to check it out later.

But is this an old song? I remember them as a one hit wonder with the song New Girl Now. Great song.

I tend to type too much (I think) or over explain at times, sorry. So, our son is 19 years old and he's in college. He doesn't ask for much (although he's asked us for some uber expensive headphones) but a couple of years ago he asked if I could get him a subscription to Amazon music b/c of various reasons, I think one of the biggest reasons was the HD sound quality. So, I bought a family edition and I've become hooked onto Amazon music myself. So much so it's all I listen to for the past few years. Anyway, a few weeks ago (?) I'm listening and I keep shuffle enabled and/or "play stuff like this" and this band Honeymoon Suite came on with this song "Feel It Again" and I thought "oh man, 80's music, never heard of this band. . . but, man oh man I like this song and it sounds so familiar to me. . . hmmm" So, I put the album this came from on called "The Big Prize" and I have to tell you, it's worth a tumble, it's very, very good.

Anyway, at this point I've still not made the connection to "New Girl Now" until a week or two ago and that song came on and it hit me like a ton of bricks and I thought "oh crap, it's THOSE guys. . . love that song" and so that song "New Girl Now" is from their first album from 1984, this song (Feel It Again) is from their 2nd album (The Big Prize) from 1986. Long way of saying "Yes, this is an old song." Sorry for the long reply.

Last edited:

Can't watch this here at work. Will have to check it out later.

But is this an old song? I remember them as a one hit wonder with the song New Girl Now. Great song.

I tend to type too much (I think) or over explain at times, sorry. So, our son is 19 years old and he's in college. He doesn't ask for much (although he's asked us for some uber expensive headphones) but a couple of years ago he asked if I could get him a subscription to Amazon music b/c of various reasons, I think one of the biggest reasons was the HD sound quality. So, I bought a family edition and I've become hooked onto Amazon music myself. So much so it's all I listen to for the past few years. Anyway, a few weeks ago (?) I'm listening and I keep shuffle enabled and/or "play stuff like this" and this band Honeymoon Suite came on with this song "Feel It Again" and I thought "oh man, 80's music, never heard of this band. . . but, man oh man I like this song and it sounds so familiar to me. . . hmmm" So, I put the album this came from on called "The Big Prize" and I have to tell you, it's worth a tumble, it's very, very good.

Anyway, at this point I've still not made the connection to "New Girl Now" until a week or two ago and that song came on and it hit me like a ton of bricks and I thought "oh crap, it's THOSE guys. . . love that song" and so that song "New Girl Now" is from their first album from 1984, this song (Feel It Again) is from their 2nd album (The Big Prize) from 1986. Long way of saying "Yes, this is an old song." Sorry for the long reply.
No need to apologize for over explaining. I enjoyed reading this.

I shelled out for the Amazon music a while ago mainly to be able to play specific songs via Alexa through our Amazon echo devises. But one HUGE bonus is you can play entire albums/CDs. Love that. Listened to many older rock albums when tim was doing his various rankings and I wanted to check things out.

I bought the first Honeymoon Suite CD because of that one song New Girl Now. The CD is actually decent, if I recall. I will have to check out their 2nd CD and specifically the song Feel It Again.

Heard a song on Sirius the other day. Slash is coming out with a new bluesy album in a few months, collaborating with different folks. They play Killing Floor with Brian Johnson from AC/DC on vocals and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith on harmonica. But Brian Johnson sounds way different than anything he did with AC/DC. Kind of a cool sound. Not sure if he just changed his voice for this song or what.

Will try to find a link later.

Here ya go:

Killing Floor - Slash

Dehlia
David Bromberg

Been on a bit of a power pop binge lately.

Nice tune. I hadn't heard this before. Looking up the band I see they are labeled in their Wiki bio as "Power Pop" although this tune is more "Sunshine Pop" to me and I was about to say it has a definite Beach Boys vibe when I saw this: "The band members are also known for serving as part of the backing band for Brian Wilson since 1999." :-)

The Supremes - Let Me Go The Right Way (1962 Stereo)

Happy 80th Birthday Diana Ross! 🎂 :love:

This was written by Motown founder Berry Gordy.

It was The Supremes second charting single on the Billboard Hot Pop 100, peaking at #90.

This was before they found their later trademark "hits" sound written by the Holland-Dozier-Holland team.

Respect
Otis Redding

I know, I know, Aretha's version is more popular and is great. But her version is an anthem, and this song was not originally an anthem. It was one mournful guy singing his *** off. With horns.

I woke up over the weekend with a band stick in my head that I hadn't listened to in forever. I was into The Radiators back in the late 80's and early 90's and mostly forgot about them. The best way to describe them is if Little Feat, John Hiatt, and the Grateful Dead had a baby, this is what it would grow up to sound like. They've been around for 45 years and released a dozen albums or so over the years. There are hundreds of their live shows on Archive.org. I saw them a handful of times, and they are very cover-y . . . they put their spin on anything from Elvis, The Beatles, The Stones, 50's and 60's classics, CCR. The Doors, Jimi, etc. but in a New Orleans R&B style. Apparently, they've recorded 300 of their own songs and performed over 1,000 covers. Confidential, Doctor Doctor, and Like Dreamers Do were their songs that got radio airplay back in the day.

Leonid and Friends - Superstar (The Carpenters cover 2023)

These Russians never cease to amaze me. Another letter perfect cover.

First Chicago, then Steely Dan and now The Carpenters! 🤯

"It seems like Leonid & Friends can do any song perfectly. And French horns! And oboe!"

Hooray for Our Side - Come And Get Your Love (2015)

Long Beach CA SkaPunk band with a Redbone cover.

I was prepared to hate this before I gave it a listen, but love their take on it. It gives an added bounce to the original and the vocals fits perfectly.

I'm probably the only CSC fan in here but I always liked the sound of this song, especially April Chung's violin. From 1993.

Lee Michaels - Heighty Hi (1969)

Drums/Percussion: Barry "Frosty" Smith

Only #106 US Billboard Pop Chart, but was an early 70's FM staple.

Just a Little
old Beau Brummels song done by Nils Lofgren

Lofgren is the guy who got me to stop playing guitar, quit my band, sell my guitar and amp, and use the money to live on in college. He was part of a DC band called Grin, who were widely acknowledged as the best (of thousands) of local DC area bands in the late 60's. The band I was in had just finished a show and we got an offer from a booking agent to get us booked 5 nights a week ast X bucks a night. That was the next step up the ladder moneywise for a band, but suddenly it was a choice between working 5 nights a week and probably practicing the other 2 days, so we didn't talk about it again that night. We weren't close friends, we just played together.

The next night I went with a friend to a nearby HS to see Grin in their gym. When we got there the gym was full, but if you did some polite gymnastics you could at least get through people to the gym door, where tremendous music was coming from. When I got to the door there was this guy playing the most incredible guitar I'd ever heard live, singing and running across the stage doing cartwheels while still playing. I was just dumbfounded at the difference between what he and his band were playing, and what I played with my band. And I realized then I could never be that good, that I didn't want to spend years trying and failing to be that good, and it was time to chuck it all.

Thanks Nils, I really needed that money the first year of college.

I never did call anyone else in the band about it the offer by the way. And none of them called me.

Users who are viewing this thread