What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (2 Viewers)

Getting things set up for my big game party and felt like listening to some Chris Cornell. I have the song "show me how to live" by Audioslave playing currently. I  think the song is really an underrated masterpiece. The guitar riff, the vocals, the lyrics, and the energy of it all are pretty amazing. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKcMdiq60s

No, but it sounds promising. What or who happened?  
'75. I'd been kicked out of the music biz., was working at an outreach program in my hometown N of Boston. My gf was selling ad time for a brand new Boston rock station (new to rock, i should say). One day she say, "wikkidikkiprikki, puhLEEZE help - if you used your studio expertise to produce commercials for my clients i could sell more time and would be free to do more reverse Moldavian immigrant on you". i never say no to a a naked woman w a kerchief, so i did.

Thing is that doing adz for Berzerko Bob's Rambler/Sputnik car lot or Stan the Blinds Man is kinda dull so, after doing the gen biz stuff, i'd do the commercial they deserve. The DJs (i have the same view of DJs that Albert Brooks had: "Three worst kinds of people? Incurable lepers....DJs.....curable lepers) got a big kick out of em, though and some asked me to do blackouts for em. I was working on these w my improv pal, Mark, in our production studio late one evening when the 8-12 DJ came in said, "could you cover my last half hour, i got a Sally wanna honk on me?".

Sure says i. He ramps an album cut & leaves. Mark (good techno) cuts studio A to our studio B while i grab some albums, and we start riffin&rampin on some now sounds, some wow sounds. One of the first we grab is "Sweet Jane" and it turns out both of us had played that in garage bands. While the song is playing, Mark goes out to his car, grabs his Telecaster, plugs it into B and, when "weeeee're BACK" we decide to re-sing "Sweet Jane" and "96 tears" live to Mark's axe. Mark yells into the mike "come join us, garage banders - if you're any good, we wont let you in".

When midnight DJ shows up there's like 20 guys w axes/keyboards/drumkits @ the door. He's down with it, so we let some of em in & live jammed til past 4, takin requests & ####. folks seemed to be lovin it. we know we're gonna get fired next morning, which is cool cuz no one's paying us & we could give two ####s about the 2 DJs and Alix could get canned but i could get new chicks ez then. Turns out our activity broke out the station. and tho PDs Ken & Clark werent thrilled, the publicity we created Arbed the #####es out so wtf cares?!?! and we both ended up w jobs out of it

that's my jam. GO Pats!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am feeling some group vocals right now. These are tough to beat.

Little Diane by Dion and the Belmonts  - this is how you do vocals with purpose. The only real instruments are drums and kazoo but the group vocals give this song so much edge and tension. And the lead is sinisterly good. 

Don't Worry Baby by The Beach Boys such a beatiful early rock love song , not an imperfect note in the whole thing. The tone is righteous. 

Heaven Must Have Sent You by The Elgins  special ladies singing sweetly  

I Only Have Eyes for Your by The Flamingos  GOAT of all group vocals 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.  Who/what is this?
A song I heard on great station in Seattle: KEXP The morning guy and the afternoon guy consistently play stuff I have never heard of that is great.

This one is from this band: Midlake Looks like they aren't around anymore. I checked out a few of there other songs but didn't bite. Love this one though. Got a little Toto vibe going on which i guess is good for me :lol:

A song I heard on great station in Seattle: KEXP The morning guy and the afternoon guy consistently play stuff I have never heard of that is great.

This one is from this band: Midlake Looks like they aren't around anymore. I checked out a few of there other songs but didn't bite. Love this one though. Got a little Toto vibe going on which i guess is good for me :lol:
Cool.  Are you listening in Iheartradio?

I might get flamed out over such, but this has my guilty pleasure of 80s pop/new wave at full chubb:

https://youtu.be/W4A--GBLkzk

Yeah, it’s newish from 2013, but has that 80s vibe hardcore and I’m probably gonna have to do an 80s rom-com binge fest this weekend, headlined by Mannequin

Found this on a compilation CD 20+ years ago, and still one of my favorite things tunes. Small british band...never found a CD of theirs beyond this single. popped back into my head last night..

Every time- sofahead

Does anyone know how to bypass Listenonrepeat's copyright stuff?

There are songs on that site that won't work for their "simple" process.  If you haven't been there, all they do is let you search/plug a song in and it will play over and over again.  It's good for things like falling asleep.

Yet certain songs don't work on there,  but you can go right to youtube or wherever and play them.  However you have to "manually" rewind the song if you want more.

Does anyone know how to bypass Listenonrepeat's copyright stuff?

There are songs on that site that won't work for their "simple" process.  If you haven't been there, all they do is let you search/plug a song in and it will play over and over again.  It's good for things like falling asleep.

Yet certain songs don't work on there,  but you can go right to youtube or wherever and play them.  However you have to "manually" rewind the song if you want more.
never heard of this- good luck finding your fix, although the name of the site seems to have the answer right there in the title.

I'm listening to spotify (free)... no such problems. 

have the latest d'angelo track on right now (part of the first release radar playlist of 2019)... and it's good.

never heard of this- good luck finding your fix, although the name of the site seems to have the answer right there in the title.

I'm listening to spotify (free)... no such problems. 

have the latest d'angelo track on right now (part of the first release radar playlist of 2019)... and it's good.
Maybe you misunderstood me, or I likely didn't explain myself that well.

That site allows you to enter a song you want to hear on automatic rewind (or whatever you want to call it).  However, some songs are not permitted.

That hookworms tune is one of my favorites from last year.

ETA... That whole playlist is pretty epic.
His program is my weekly "must" listen to. Like any program there's bits I'm not a fan of but it is what it's advertised as. He also does an awesome Halloween special that is a yearly tradition.

His program is my weekly "must" listen to. Like any program there's bits I'm not a fan of but it is what it's advertised as. He also does an awesome Halloween special that is a yearly tradition.
if this is the kind of stuff you like, you should check out the year "best albums of 20xx" thread- wide range of tastes, and great place to hear about new bands and songs. 

Users who are viewing this thread