What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to Make of Sanu (1 Viewer)

Sanu will get the rookie tonight while green should draw Joe haden. Dalton will feed sanu he has a lot of trust in him just watch some of the highlights. Dalton just chucks it up and let's Sanu make plays. I could easily see him getting over 100yards receiving tonight.

I'm facing Sanu in one league tonight and I just realized that Buster Skrine will be covering him. That dude gives up big plays like it's his sole purpose in life. ####.

Any homers care to comment on the weather? It's the one thing that's holding me back. Well, that and the notion that Cincy will run the heck out of the ball, control the clock and limit Mo's opportunities.

Any homers care to comment on the weather? It's the one thing that's holding me back. Well, that and the notion that Cincy will run the heck out of the ball, control the clock and limit Mo's opportunities.
This. Anyone think this will affect the passing game and Sanu's production tonight??

I'm starting both Green and Sanu. Anyone else worried Green will just play the decoy role and let Dalton throw to Sanu, thus rendering Green possibly unstartable vs Hadon?

ATB said:
I'm starting both Green and Sanu. Anyone else worried Green will just play the decoy role and let Dalton throw to Sanu, thus rendering Green possibly unstartable vs Hadon?
Hahaha I'm sorry but reread this and laughed out loud. This has to blow. I started sanu but was only as my flex

ATB said:
Hahaha I'm sorry but reread this and laughed out loud. This has to blow. I started sanu but was only as my flex
I think ATB is having a bad night

Whiff! :topcat: I knew he was bad, but I did not know Dalton could be *THIS* bad. He couldn't even compile garbage time stats in the 2nd half.

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
ATB said:
ATB said:
I think ATB is having a bad night
This is how bad my week will be: I'm now projected to have 99 pts vs my opponent's projected 112. Not terrible, but...... He has not yet replaced his D/ST or K who are each ON BYE this week!

I may get STOMPED by an incomplete team.

Because of Andy ####### Dalton. Disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumpski. What are the thoughts on Sanu going forward?

This guy's an enigma -- has all the talent in the world, showed us some flashes as usual with Green out, can have a game that goes over 90 yards or ones where he struggles to crack 50.

I think Dalton is certainly more to blame, but looking at where Sanu is, can we trust he'll reliably be getting around 5 catches or more a game? Seems to be targeted reliably just under 10 times a game, but FF output is untrustworthy.

Do you hold knowing that talent, like cream, rises in the end? Will Cincy's D continue to pay cruddy making Sanu more valuable as they try to win games over the stretch?

Or does Dalton continue to stink, and is it actually better at this point to be jettisoning Sanu as a result for potentially more flavorful targets with lower potential floors but higher upside like Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr., Martavis Bryant, Brandin Cooks, etc.

Hard to let Sanu go given his talent, but you can't get too attached if another player is going to net out with more points through the stretch.

Bumpski. What are the thoughts on Sanu going forward?

This guy's an enigma -- has all the talent in the world, showed us some flashes as usual with Green out, can have a game that goes over 90 yards or ones where he struggles to crack 50.

I think Dalton is certainly more to blame, but looking at where Sanu is, can we trust he'll reliably be getting around 5 catches or more a game? Seems to be targeted reliably just under 10 times a game, but FF output is untrustworthy.

Do you hold knowing that talent, like cream, rises in the end? Will Cincy's D continue to pay cruddy making Sanu more valuable as they try to win games over the stretch?

Or does Dalton continue to stink, and is it actually better at this point to be jettisoning Sanu as a result for potentially more flavorful targets with lower potential floors but higher upside like Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr., Martavis Bryant, Brandin Cooks, etc.

Hard to let Sanu go given his talent, but you can't get too attached if another player is going to net out with more points through the stretch.
Dalton throws up those stinkers every once in a while. It's just who he uses.

Usually, he bounces back pretty quickly. You can expect the whole Cincy offense to be useless about 3 times a year, but I don't think that means you should abandon them in the other weeks.

I'm assuming if K. Lewis is healthy that he'll be sticking to Green like glue in this match-up. I still like Green to break free but I have to assume Sanu draws the better match-up this week. I know this emulates last week where Green drew Haden and Sanu drew Skrine but I think we can all agree that game was a bit of an outlier.

I'm assuming if K. Lewis is healthy that he'll be sticking to Green like glue in this match-up. I still like Green to break free but I have to assume Sanu draws the better match-up this week. I know this emulates last week where Green drew Haden and Sanu drew Skrine but I think we can all agree that game was a bit of an outlier.
im pretty sure andy dalton can suck badly again

Especially if it's an important game or cold weather. Or both.

Or if there's a team on the other side

Not necessarily. I'm sure Dalton is missing Sanu by miles in practice, too.

Really not sure what to think of Sanu, but cut bait with him in one league for Mike Evans. Similar targets (Evans 39, Sanu 42), comp yardage (585 to 648) and YPR (15.0 to 15.4) and TDs (4 to 5). Taking the hot hand and will live with what happens.

despite last week, i feel sanu is a high wr3 borderline wr2 ROS, he's proven he can make plays this year... now can dalton shake off that abysmal performance?

Not necessarily. I'm sure Dalton is missing Sanu by miles in practice, too.

Really not sure what to think of Sanu, but cut bait with him in one league for Mike Evans. Similar targets (Evans 39, Sanu 42), comp yardage (585 to 648) and YPR (15.0 to 15.4) and TDs (4 to 5). Taking the hot hand and will live with what happens.
To clear up some of the worries. The odds of Dalton playing that bad again are infinitesimally small. It's a non-primetime game at NO in the dome. NO is giving up the 11th most points to QBs, 5th most to WRs. The O/U is 50 and CIN is projected to throw all game.

Let me put it this way, I'm heavily debating stacking Dalton/Green in DFS.

Rotoworld:

Mohamed Sanu led the NFL in dropped passes during the 2014 season.

He dropped 14 despite ranking 45th among wide receivers in targets. Not only does Sanu have shaky hands, he is incapable of separating from man coverage. The Bengals will welcome back Marvin Jones as their No. 2 wideout.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer
Feb 8 - 10:07 AM

Not sure I get this signing for Atlanta. Sanu is basically just Justin Hardy with more experience and over 5x the price. They would have been far better off going after a speed WR, or just spending the money elsewhere and drafting a WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I get this signing for Atlanta. Sanu is basically just Justin Hardy with more experience and over 5x the price. They would have been far better off going after a speed WR, or just spending the money elsewhere and drafting a WR.
Disagree. I could see Sanu as the #2 there pretty easily.

Sanu almost performed *too* well yesterday. I had planned on doing a one-week plug and play to help cover bye weeks and injuries (I wouldn't have even picked him up if Parker had played on Thursday), but now I don't feel like I can drop him. I'm sure there will be games where Julio will bust out and Sanu's role will diminish, but right now he's putting up very steady production.

Where do we rank him with guys like Funchess, Richie Anderson, Marquise Lee, Emmanuel Sanders?

ROS...not this week.
He and Jordy Nelson are right next to each other in this week's PPR Top 200 Forward.  I had a trade where someone asked for Sanu and I actually gave Jordy instead and wanted to keep Sanu.   I love his floor and I can't get past his playoff schedule.  :shrug:

Funchess and Manny Sanders are probably close but not the other two IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread