What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if personal internet was removed? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
What would people do with their idol time in airports? Would those that grew up with the internet lose their mind? Fantasy players would go through serious withdrawals, because I don’t think anyone wants to go back to getting stats from newspapers. Would we get a lot more done at home and at work? Would the country be less divided?

Do I still have sudoku on my phone? B/c that what I'm frequently playing on my phone when waiting for something in a public place. It really helps to relax me.

Do I still have sudoku on my phone? B/c that what I'm frequently playing on my phone when waiting for something in a public place. It really helps to relax me.
Yes, for as long as your phone works, because you will never be able to down load it again and will not be included on future phones.

What would people do with their idol time in airports? Would those that grew up with the internet lose their mind? Fantasy players would go through serious withdrawals, because I don’t think anyone wants to go back to getting stats from newspapers. Would we get a lot more done at home and at work? Would the country be less divided?
Drink. Yes. Correct. Yes. Yes.

Then I say let’s do it.

So, are you saying there are fewer drunks since Al Gore invented the internet?

Assuming we are talking about smartphones here and not the actual internet....either way, I'd love it. Though, it'd absolutely suck to have to go back to an office again.

So, are you saying there are fewer drunks since Al Gore invented the internet?

The internet is much like alcohol.....the cause of...and the solution to a lot of problems in the world.

At one time not so long ago there were these things called books that contained pretty much all of the known intelligence of the whole wide world. They fell out of favor in the 90's and have pretty much disappeared but I'd posit they would make a comeback should the interwebs go the way of the dodo.

At one time not so long ago there were these things called books that contained pretty much all of the known intelligence of the whole wide world. They fell out of favor in the 90's and have pretty much disappeared but I'd posit they would make a comeback should the interwebs go the way of the dodo.
This upstanding character knows

Just so I'm clear... would this be American Idol time? Perhaps Billy Idol? I will ponder this while my car idols...

My wife reads books all the time, but now she has them on her IPad instead of a hard copy

What would people do with their idol time in airports?
Cry more more more?
If you are sitting and waiting on something I can say with near certainty that 90 out of 100 are looking at their phone. I suppose we would go back to reading newspapers and books.
https://www.vintag.es/2018/12/people-reading-newspapers.html
I'm surprised Newspapers aren't extinct by now. They will be soon.

My wife reads books all the time, but now she has them on her IPad instead of a hard copy
Me too although I'm a physical book guy. I've tried Kindle/Pad and it just doesn't work for me.
I'm surprised Newspapers aren't extinct by now. They will be soon.
As am I. I can't remember the last time I picked one up even at a hotel, not sure how they are surviving other than being mouthpieces for whatever agenda the current owner is pushing.

i still read books and i would keep on reading books in my waiting for stuff time take that to the bank brochachos

The first fantasy league I was in, the commish mailed me the stats every thursday. It was a pretty involving league with defensive players.

Would th4 country be less divided? That is a very good question, and I would lean to yes.

The first fantasy league I was in, the commish mailed me the stats every thursday. It was a pretty involving league with defensive players.

Would th4 country be less divided? That is a very good question, and I would lean to yes.
Yes, because instead of arguing on the Internet we would be waiting by our mailbox for those updates.

The first fantasy league I was in, the commish mailed me the stats every thursday.
This would be me to the mailman every day

Users who are viewing this thread