What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you regularly use Facebook? (1 Viewer)

Do you have a Facebook account and regularly check or update your "wall"

• Yes

Votes: 83 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 100 54.6%

• Total voters
I do. Mostly lawn, sports and marketplace related stuff. Don't post much, but do read up on posts from friends and neighbors.

Never had an account - no interest. Once a month/quarter I will login with my wife's account just to see what she posts about the family and responses from friends/family.

Gave it up over a year ago and don't miss it. Got tired of all the ads and drama I wanted no part of.

Reactions: cj*
I do. Whittled out all my friends who post political stuff and joined a couple of groups I have interest in. Mostly fishing. So all I really see is fishing posts and some family/friends stuff I care about.

I have an account and I do look everyday - but probably 15 minutes total a day - it's more just for family pics than anything else at this point. If it went away tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it at all.

No. I look a couple times a month, but never post anything and almost never comment or like anything (unless it's something family-related).

Voted no. During cheer season, I go on and all of the posts my ex tags me in, showing pics of our daughter's competition, I will allow to post on my feed. Certain family members and friends, this is the only way they keep up with things. Other than that, I'm out.

Years ago I whittled down my friends/contacts on there to just a few old high school friends and my sprawled out family. Look at it probably twice a week just to keep up with what's going on in their lives. Couldn't tell you the last time I posted anything on it, the most engagement I ever put into it is clicking like on a random cousin's photos. If it shut down tomorrow I'd probably only save 20 minutes a week.

No, but I do have an account and I will post pictures of the kids for family/friends a few times a year.

I can easily go 2-3 months without logging in.

I use it to keep up with friends and family, as I moved several states away 15 years ago. I'm convinced ALL products advertised on FB are scams. Some are obvious "Nigerian Prince' level type scams, and it floors me to (still)read comments wondering why they haven't received the product and were charged double.

Since the cutoff is a week, I voted yes. If it had been every 6 days, I'd have voted no. Look around about 10 minutes once a week, post about 3 times a year

"Use" facebook? I don't really post but do go on every day to look at friends/family postings & pictures. It is an easy way to see that kind of stuff. During baseball season I used it to post updates of my son's baseball season and to get votes when he was up for player of the week for the local paper.

I voted yes even though I wouldn't say i "use" FB. More just lurk.

yes

keeps me up with local goings on that i don't see elsewhere. there's not really any other centralized resource for concerts, sports events, farmer's market, local races, etc. this gives me all that in one place.

and my friends list is free of all the weird **** people complain about with drama, and wacko political ****.

I don't post much at all. I really only check it if/when I'm tagged in pictures by family. Some of my extended family are insane and I try to keep my distance whenever possible. I have found that if I post on FB, then they start "writing on my wall" or sending me crap through FB. My life is much simpler when I don't need to get dragged into all of that content.

"Use" facebook? I don't really post but do go on every day to look at friends/family postings & pictures. It is an easy way to see that kind of stuff. During baseball season I used it to post updates of my son's baseball season and to get votes when he was up for player of the week for the local paper.

I voted yes even though I wouldn't say i "use" FB. More just lurk.

Got rid of all social media about 2 years ago. Wife still uses. She shows me things every now and then. Never doubted my choice.

Reactions: cj*
I very rarely post anymore - my wife tags me in stuff related to family/kids.

I visit frequently for info about fishing, jeeps, my town, boating, and other random things that the algorithm says I should like.

I have an account and I do look everyday - but probably 15 minutes total a day - it's more just for family pics than anything else at this point. If it went away tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it at all.
This, but honestly I would miss it. We live 500 miles from my family, 600-4,000 miles from many friends. So FB is a way to keep up with multiple people.
I have temporarily locked my account for various times but keep going back.

I gave up social media for new year's starting in January 2021. I have stayed off FB since, but back on Reddit and Twitter.

My family is way too political on FB, whereas the other platforms are not tied to family. Works for me mentally.

I stepped back a while back, but have recently gotten more active as my kids get more involved in school sports. Lots of parents and family members sharing their kids' updates.

Closed my account a couple years ago. I still get updates from people sent to an email address in what looks like Vietnamese.

"Bob Smith da them mot anh moi"

Like many others in here, check in about once a week just to silently judge high school and neighbor acquaintances. Never post. There are some events that I can only find about via FB, so there you go.

I use it and like it for keeping up with family/etc.

Like others have mentioned, I eliminated anyone who does the politics thing or other drama. My feed is almost all hobbies and people I want to see. Even the ads are ok because they are so targeted.

Don't use social media.

Okay, I have a LinkedIn profile with a 12 year old picture.

Edit: Not a picture of a 12 year old. A picture of me from 12 years ago.
I have an account on Linkedin - never use and and they send me stuff all the bloody time.

Facebook - use the groups feature regularly to see about cycling rides happening when and where. For that it's incredibly useful. For the "wall" almost never. I post maybe semi-annually, probably less.

Every day but mostly for the groups; really comes in handy for travel and home improvement info. I think I have half my "friends" on ignore. If you frequently post political crap, you get ignored.

I'm a junkie. Check at least 4-5 times a day, sometimes more if I'm just relaxing and watching TV.

I'm in a ton of college-related groups which keep things fun, and keep up with high school friends, fraternity brothers and family members across the country.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

My wife uses it daily.

My favorite thing to do when she leaves it open is talk about random stuff that will end up as ads on her feed. Recently it was laxatives, as I said a bunch of stuff about not being able to take a dump. She got metamucil and laxative ads for like a week.

These types of things make marriage so much fun.

Used to a lot but got tired of it during the height of the pandemic when it got very political. I'll check when I'm tagged, but don't typically scroll through. Maybe I'll get back to it soon as I miss what is going on with a lot of people I know.

I use it for marketplace, and lurk a little bit. Mostly Oregon State sports pages, and some outdoor stuff. I have little interest in everyone's posts about taking their 3 y.o. to a pumpkin patch, or little Billy dominating his flag football game.

Marketplace really is a good option to find deals on ****.

I use facebook for groups and don’t really interact outside of the different groups I’m in
I deleted mine around covid but have a sneaky account so I can use marketplace and groups, both of which are super helpful.

My experience with Facebook feed was that the people who I would be interested in seeing their updates don't ever post updates. But all my wingnut aunties are logging in like it's their job.

I only use it to watch meme and prank videos, which I think is what most people are using TikTok for, but I dont have that. I could take it or leave it though. Just something funny to watch while taking a dump.

I do. Mostly lawn, sports and marketplace related stuff. Don't post much, but do read up on posts from friends and neighbors.
I do and like you, I rarely post. I really only follow my parents, in-laws, sports teams, Adam Schefter, and the "events" page my neighborhood has setup.

Have an account, which I created for outdoor activity groups. For some reason I logged on in May, to wish a childhood friend happy birthday (he never responded). Other than that, haven’t opened it in years.

Users who are viewing this thread