What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you regularly use Facebook? (1 Viewer)

Do you have a Facebook account and regularly check or update your "wall"

• Yes

Votes: 83 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 100 54.6%

• Total voters
I used to be heavy user back in the late 00/early 10s, thousands of 'friends', etc but have weened off it over the past 5+ years. I just recently logged in for the first time in two years and didn't seem like I missed anything. It could be my lack of involvement but It's starting to feel a lot like Myspace during it's demise - not nearly as many people posting, less interactions, etc. My feed felt really stale. I plan to occasionally check for DMs going forward but that's about it.

Yes. Probably my age demographic but I was in school when it came out so everybody I knew embraced it and got a profile. Was a big way for several years that I communicated with friends/girls so looking at it became second nature. Frankly, Facebook's relationship status is how I knew whether an ex and I were done for good back in the day.

Now, I don't post very often (if I do it's mainly golf/sports stuff) but I do scroll through my feed once or twice per day to see people's posts or view the reels to kill a few moments (usually in the bathroom). Since I've previously lived in two different areas of the country prior to my current location, as well as three distinct locations within my current state, it is a nice way to keep up with and keep in touch with friends from those areas I don't otherwise see or speak to often.

Since I'm only a casual user and don't often post/engage, the only time I really didn't enjoy it was during the last presidential administration when a lot of my friends posted political stuff. I mainly didn't enjoy that because I saw a few acquaintances that I like and respected in a lesser light because of what they posted. That said, my newsfeed is now far less political so I still think facebook is a positive app for me.

My wife uses it daily.

My favorite thing to do when she leaves it open is talk about random stuff that will end up as ads on her feed. Recently it was laxatives, as I said a bunch of stuff about not being able to take a dump. She got metamucil and laxative ads for like a week.

These types of things make marriage so much fun.

I’ll occasionally post on my wife’s account making jokes or talking about how lucky she is to be married to me.

I do not post to the general public, but I will post, and take in content, from specialized groups that I belong to. I also like scrolling through the marketplace looking for cool deals, but never seem to pull the trigger to buy anything.

I had a linked in account a long time ago but cleared it out after about a year. I've never had any other social networking accounts.

I do. Mostly lawn, sports and marketplace related stuff. Don't post much, but do read up on posts from friends and neighbors.
On it a few times a day.
We have a granddaughter now and our daughter is posting almost daily.. :wub:
Also have friends from High school I'd never talk to if not there as I'm not one to call/text much.

Not to mention some of the FBG alumni I've friended there :banned:

Use it for MarketPlace for the most part. Also I am addicted to this one lady friend who all she does is brag about her kids every day.

All three are great athletes, the best siblings, the best supportive friends, 4.0 students. And after every comment it is !!!!!!
..My son had a GREAT game yesterday!!!! My daughter killed it in her piano recital!!!!! So proud of them!!! I love that girl!!!!

Use it for MarketPlace for the most part. Also I am addicted to this one lady friend who all she does is brag about her kids every day.

All three are great athletes, the best siblings, the best supportive friends, 4.0 students. And after every comment it is !!!!!!
..My son had a GREAT game yesterday!!!! My daughter killed it in her piano recital!!!!! So proud of them!!! I love that girl!!!!
There's potential for some quality board alias schtick in there somewhere if operated by the right hands.

Yes, but less and less frequently. Most of the posts that show up on my feed are sponsored/recommended content that I don't subscribe to and don't care about.

I used to be fairly regular... It was a great way to find old friends when I started. But realized it was way too much- this is what I ate for dinner, this is what I had to drink, this is where I went on vacation, this is the workout I just did, this is my political/religious view. I genuinely dgaf... Unless it's a good friend, in which case I don't need FB to know this stuff.

Still have my account. I'll check in now if my wife tags me... Which she does less and less. Or if I want to show one of my kids an old photo... Both are the times when I do actually find out about deaths. Every single time.

No, I have an account, but deleted the app off my phone many years ago, and never post on it.
Same. Haven't posted anything in years. Log in once every few months or so for some random reason or another (and see months-old birthday wishes and such). No phone app, just browser.

It's nice when your FIL joins and friends everyone and then constantly asks my wife and kids why they didn't view his latest story and comment on it, and I could just say to him from the start, "Yeah I never use facebook."

Opened an account years ago to enter some contest. Rarely visit. Might have 5-6 friends.

I use facebook for groups and don’t really interact outside of the different groups I’m in
I deleted mine around covid but have a sneaky account so I can use marketplace and groups, both of which are super helpful.

My experience with Facebook feed was that the people who I would be interested in seeing their updates don't ever post updates. But all my wingnut aunties are logging in like it's their job.
LOL. I have a sister-in-law who is like that.

I go on there daily, but wouldn't say I love it. The most value I find is from the groups I follow (and seeing what Keerock is up to). Though some of the stuff people post in my kids college parent group is crazy and a good source of entertainment for my wife and me. College facebook parent group posts should be it's own thread. Also, like many, I have "unfollowed" people who post about politics or just stupid crap (including my own sister and parents... feel bad, but cleans up my feed).

Last edited:
Signed up once years ago when a soccer game I wanted to watch was only being shown there. Haven't logged in since the game ended.

Yeah, I'm a pretty regular Facebook user. It's my go-to for staying in the loop with friends and family. but also to boost my business! Besides, recently, I started using Facebook to promote my business and boost brand awareness.
Welcome!

Never had one. Well it’s possible I had one created through the META VR thing I got for my kids but not anything I ever use

I have an account (I joined in 2006 to join the Charlotte Illini club when I lived there) but I have not looked at it in years. I need to just cancel it. Never understood of the craze of it in the day. Everyone uses it for self promotion....look at the party I went to!.......look at how great my kids are! I am too busy to keep up with that. I actually talk to friends/family that I care about.

Users who are viewing this thread