What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you usually use a napkin or a paper towel? (1 Viewer)

Do you usually use a napkin or a paper towel?

• Napkin

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Paper Towel

Votes: 79 71.2%

• Total voters
If it's me grabbing one, it's paper towel. If Mrs. Keerock grabs it, it's napkin. I voted Paper Towel.

Napkin.

A paper towel feels like overkill. If I'm making so much of a mess that I need the Brawny guy to help clean it up, maybe I just need to work on my eating skills. Obviously I would make an exception for ribs or something.

Knew I should have kept my stupid mouth shut :lmao:

We did use cloth diapers for a short time.

Cloth napkins are a way different thing IMO. We have like 2 dozen of them. Many can get reused unless my sloppy 10 year old is involved, so we just wash them every month or so.

:shrug: Any little but helps, right? We got enough garbage in this world

Napkins are for women to put at the dinner table to pretty it up. They are sort of like throw pillows. You look at them and toss them out of the f*n way.

Neither. I grab the current dishtowel off the kitchen counter as I head to the living room with my microwaved dinner. #SingleLyfe

Wait -- paper napkins are cheaper than paper towels? Are you guys sure?

One reason I avoid buying paper napkins is because "they're expensive per piece", but that's a lesson I learned in the 1990s. Are things different now? I've seen that paper towels have shot up in price the last 5 years or so ... but just assumed paper napkins did the same and so never looked to switch :shrug:

One reason I avoid buying paper napkins is because "they're expensive per piece", but that's a lesson I learned in the 1990s. Are things different now? I've seen that paper towels have shot up in price the last 5 years or so ... but just assumed paper napkins did the same and so never looked to switch :shrug:
I just did a little shopping on Amazon. Bounty select a size and vanity napkins are almost exactly the same price per piece. But those are the fancy paper napkins. I haven't been in a store to compare the cheaper napkins to the price of paper towels.

When I was in college, I figured that buying the bulk package of napkins was a much better deal than however many rolls of paper towel I got for same price.

Now, there was no calculator involved, and I am definitely left brain, so I wouldn't swear that was correct, but I've been operating under this assumption for two decades.

There are napkins on the table, so I'll take that if I'm sitting there. If I was cooking, I'll usually have a paper towel that I used, so I'll take that to the table.

They may be the same price but I only take one sheet off the paper towel roll but always end up grabbing two or three napkins it seems when I use them. So, paper towels would be less expensive with that figured in with me anyways.

Absolutely flabbergasted by these results. We have napkins on the table so use those. Now if I'm standing in the kitchen and grab an apple or snack I'd grab a paper towel.

We rarely buy napkins but have a bunch from ordering takeout. So I use those first, but really I use old dish towels for most things. I’ll use paper towels when cleaning up dog mess when it happens (which isn’t too often!

I feel this pole is too restricting in that I normally grab one or the other. Whatever happens to be the closest to my grubby fingers.
this is me. we usually keep a stack of napkins from our take out orders nearby but if we are out or if I happen to be by the paper towel dispenser then I grab one of those.

ETA: Voted napkin because I am usually closer to those

My wife is a big seasonal/holiday decorator in our house. We've got boxes in the attic - Valentines, Halloween, Easter/spring, summer/July 4th, Christmas, etc. Every month or two my wife wants to pull down a new box and put out the new decor, which always includes napkins matching the theme and they go into the holder on the kitchen/bar countertop.
When it's time to take the old decor down, she puts the remaining napkins in a ziploc bag and they go into the box in the attic until next year, and the new themed napkins take their place.

Paper towels are for spills only in my house.

When I was in college, I figured that buying the bulk package of napkins was a much better deal than however many rolls of paper towel I got for same price.

Now, there was no calculator involved, and I am definitely left brain, so I wouldn't swear that was correct, but I've been operating under this assumption for two decades.
Nowadays the paper towels also have extra perforations to tear smaller pieces, basically half-size. Might wanna factor that into the math. I've been operating under the opposite assumption (albeit based on me using one half-size paper towel each time) but I really should check the prices and see if this is actually correct.

Not sure we have napkins.

We buy select a size paper towels so the smallest piece is perfect
Same here, I highly doubt we have paper napkins in the house. We have cloth ones but they never, ever get used. The select-a-size paper towels end up giving a perfect amount of wipability.

I will add my wife will buy napkins for when we have people over and are serving some food. I'm sure we have a secret stash of 1000 napkins somewhere

My wife made a ton of cloth napkins that we wash with our other towels. They are more absorbent and feel nicer.

My wife made a ton of cloth napkins that we wash with our other towels. They are more absorbent and feel nicer.
:hug:

Americans send 3,000 tons of paper towels to the landfill every day. And, not only are paper towels and napkins filling up landfills, but they also use a huge amount of natural resources. The paper towels that we use in a single day take 60 million gallons of water and 51,000 trees to make.

Americans send 3,000 tons of paper towels to the landfill every day. And, not only are paper towels and napkins filling up landfills, but they also use a huge amount of natural resources. The paper towels that we use in a single day take 60 million gallons of water and 51,000 trees to make.
Isn't that the tree you want to hug?

j/k GB!

Isn't that the tree you want to hug?

j/k GB!
I’m glad you hate your kids and your kids kids

Users who are viewing this thread